Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Art Commune Reading Circle

Comments

• JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oh, @JLBDreamer how exciting with the opera! And the opera company that put it on is one of the best, right? I've been really impressed with their programming lately--and I recall reading amazing descriptions of the opera house in the New Yorker a few years back... Do you catch many of the symphonies? I've been hearing amazing things about that orchestra, too.

Nice to know life is finding some balance! So rewarding to be able to fit in your fun projects while still taking care of the other responsibilities.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I wanted to wait until both this chapter and its complementary were posted, but...eh:

Dosed Over
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Well, I had this mostly written already so... hours of editing and finishing touches later, here it is: the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango.

Chapter 24: They All Meet in an Inn
    7qNulCo.jpg

It's finally time to get back on track and try to face the people behind the gemstone-theft. But there are always things that get in the way, and sometimes those obstacles can take unexpected forms.

Well, I'll start going to bed now. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    edited September 2016
    Well, I had this mostly written already so... hours of editing and finishing touches later, here it is: the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango.

7qNulCo.jpg

It's finally time to get back on track and try to face the people behind the gemstone-theft. But there are always things that get in the way, and sometimes those obstacles can take unexpected forms.

Well, I'll start going to bed now. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

Want to know what's funny? Well, when I read this in the web browser Pale Moon (which is usually my current browser), the images on your blog don't show--so I usually switch over to Chrome to read it. But tonight, I was very far into it before I even realized there were no images! I even saw the shelves full of clocks and imagined the old Chronos and everything! Who needs pictures when you've got words? (right, @rednenemon ?)

EDIT: But now I'm reading in Chrome, and wow. What you do with Chronos through pictures... and even the effects of all the pictures. Wow. Fantastic!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

7qNulCo.jpg

Want to know what's funny? Well, when I read this in the web browser Pale Moon (which is usually my current browser), the images on your blog don't show--so I usually switch over to Chrome to read it. But tonight, I was very far into it before I even realized there were no images! I even saw the shelves full of clocks and imagined the old Chronos and everything! Who needs pictures when you've got words? (right, @rednenemon ?)

EDIT: But now I'm reading in Chrome, and wow. What you do with Chronos through pictures... and even the effects of all the pictures. Wow. Fantastic!

i'm not s chromo. i use google but when it tries to update to chrome i reset. it runs slow for me at times.

now that i read this again i wish i took more time with it. but its written by a little boy whos just starting to realize what his family is going through.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

7qNulCo.jpg

:blush: Thanks! While I do want to make some dialogue between my images and text, I always write my chapters first in a way that they could work without pictures too (aside from the obvious moments when I deliberately let the pictures do all or most of the talking). I really liked taking the pics for this and the next few chapters (well, I always like photoshoots but I liked these ones especially despite how difficult they got at some points) and I'm really happy with how they turned out. It's also pretty clear that I'd just watched some Pushing Daisies episodes before taking some of the pics because some of the sets and clothes are even more Pushing Daisies-ish than they usually are.

Also fun fact,
    while my chapter claims that "Father Time" doesn't have a preferred name, his Sim(s) is actually named Chronos (Kid Chronos, Teen Chronos, Chronos, and Old Chronos, actually :D)!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)

7qNulCo.jpg

:blush: Thanks! While I do want to make some dialogue between my images and text, I always write my chapters first in a way that they could work without pictures too (aside from the obvious moments when I deliberately let the pictures do all or most of the talking). I really liked taking the pics for this and the next few chapters (well, I always like photoshoots but I liked these ones especially despite how difficult they got at some points) and I'm really happy with how they turned out. It's also pretty clear that I'd just watched some Pushing Daisies episodes before taking some of the pics because some of the sets and clothes are even more Pushing Daisies-ish than they usually are.

Also fun fact,
    while my chapter claims that "Father Time" doesn't have a preferred name, his Sim(s) is actually named Chronos (Kid Chronos, Teen Chronos, Chronos, and Old Chronos, actually :D)!

Ha! I knew there was a reason I was calling him Chronos!

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thought I'd stop in to say hello and just say I'm actually not behind in household/family issues for the first time in months (since my sister moved out here in February) and I'll be starting to work on my Simlit again this week. I think I should be able to balance things out and get a more regular release schedule in the next couple of weeks too once I get over the business related hurdles involving setting up a website on my own. Running a Simlit blog has taught me once you have the set up then regularly maintaining it and producing content is pretty easy to manage if you work on things for a few hours every day.

So the good news is, even though my mother and sister's medical issues aren't settle yet, I should have things to a point where I'll be releasing at least one chapter of something every week again. I think I can update each story this month too so that includes the LHY. I'm excited for the next chapter because you'll finally be meeting the rest of the characters for this generation officially.

As for the opera, it was wonderful, the staging was a little odd and trip-y and Placid Domingo was tremendous as was the female lead.

Hi and welcome back, @JLBDreamer. I'm glad you had an enjoyable time at the opera. I've always wanted to go, but have never been. Looking forward to story updates from you when you get the chance. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hi everyone, I wanted to apologize since I haven't read in awhile. I have been trying to figure out my life and balance everything. Reading has been, sadly, on my lower priorities. I hope to change that soon.

I have a new I&S post - Lucky Palms, Ep. 4, Help Wanted - if anyone is interested.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @CathyTea
    To be fair, I did have my reasons for going text-only with Chronicles. But yes. If the words are utilized properly, there is no need for pictures. ;):p
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @CathyTea
    To be fair, I did have my reasons for going text-only with Chronicles. But yes. If the words are utilized properly, there is no need for pictures. ;):p

I like the pictures in your short stories a lot--and in your little bonus posts...

But
    I really think, for me, at least, the entire effect of that table and the tea party... and the clone tubes... and anything dealing with the Builder would be totally spoiled if it were visually represented. My mind concocts such gruesome representations of it all! Plus... Chubby Sagebear in a sundress is best left to the imagination! So... the extreme gruesomeness and the supreme cuteness likely work best when we imagine them!

Gosh... I love my new Avi! It's the Puffclaw Cathy! @friendsfan367 has a Puffclaw Friends, too. Since I never wear dresses and hardly ever anything that would be considered feminine (I wear boys' and men's clothes, mostly), when I see my avi, I feel like I'm in drag! And it's super fun! Yeah, fluidity! :) LOL!

@CathyTea

i use more words now. i wondered where i got the idea.
    Gosh... I love my new Avi! It's the Puffclaw Cathy! @friendsfan367 has a Puffclaw Friends, too. Since I never wear dresses and hardly ever anything that would be considered feminine (I wear boys' and men's clothes, mostly), when I see my avi, I feel like I'm in drag! And it's super fun! Yeah, fluidity! :) LOL!

maybe you and i are sisters. one of my favorite shirts came from the boys department of a store. i like things big and since i'm short most boy clothes are big on me.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    It's like everyone's changing their avatar now. I gave up Best Dog for...maybe you'll find out this weekend? ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    It's like everyone's changing their avatar now. I gave up Best Dog for...maybe you'll find out this weekend? ;)

i'm not.

maybe you and i are sisters. one of my favorite shirts came from the boys department of a store. i like things big and since i'm short most boy clothes are big on me.

That sounds very comfortable!

That sounds very comfortable!

it is.
    This second chapter was...A tad draining to write:

The UnBearable Agony of Sibling Rivalry
    September's Children
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    This second chapter was...A tad draining to write:

The UnBearable Agony of Sibling Rivalry
    September's Children

Twelve is so many ! I lost count and thought that Sinbad's pair was the last . .. I bet it is draining to write .