Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adopted kids are always dropped off in the middle of the ocean

So whenever my sims adopt a child they deliver the child to the bottom of the ocean. It's kind of funny actually.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    This is my favourite thread title ever, but what do you mean? Are your sims diving at the time? If not, how do you even know the child is delivered to the bottom of the ocean?
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Which world are you in? Some worlds have terrible routing, though I've never heard of this bad.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Pictures would be awesome. Can't help, but would love to see this.
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    "Are you my new mom?" the child asked the fish staring curiously at him/her.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    @PalmArrow - The adopted kid becomes a member of your active household. If you (right) click on their thumbnail to focus, the game camera will take you to where they are.

@wolfkomoki1 -Clearly the Town Adoption Service's database has your household's address confused with that of the Service Household of mermaids. I wouldn't be surprised if you got their intended kids in exchange (assuming you have IP, of course). :p

The game's built-in adoption service is full of glitches like this all surrounding the adoption social worker's delivery of the kids (or pets under that scenario). For many players, they don't even show up half the time. If not averse to using mods, NRaas MasterController's Adopt (and Adopt Pet) commands tend to work out much better. Same kids (pets) but without the broken social worker delivery.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    @wolfkomoki1 Awesome! Is your sim a mermaid? :)
    Regardless, these kids need to have the Loves to Swim trait added in when they get older (again, assuming IP is installed). :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor perhaps hydrophobic would also make a good choice :tongue:
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    :lol: Sorry you are having bugs but this really made me laugh. I'm just picturing the kids swimming all the way to shore to get to the house.... :lol:
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Completely normal :smirk:

benefits1_zpsqdymyfu2.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Nooooo :lol: It's almost midnight here, I don't want to wake the whole house up laughing to hard! Especially at orphans! :astonished:
  • WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    I thought I was being a jerk for laughing at this thread title but all of you are laughing too. :D Nice.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Completely normal :smirk:

benefits1_zpsqdymyfu2.jpg

hahahaha lol you really made me laugh thanks :)
    I totally deny that I was laughing at the picture of drowning toddlers. Yup.
    So whenever my sims adopt a child they deliver the child to the bottom of the ocean. It's kind of funny actually.

Can one report the Social Worker to a Social Worker???
    edited September 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Can one report the Social Worker to a Social Worker???

You can. Walk into any public rest room and look for the stalls of report submission receptacles, there's usually around three of them in a row. Place the report to be submitted into the special submission chamber that's filled with blue water and pull the handle. The report will go right to headquarters. >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    Wow. It found it interesting that you adopted a child and they delivered the child to the bottom of the ocean. For some reason, I was thinking mermaids (if IP was installed). I think it's probably a glitch or something.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    This reminds me of when I tried to "trigger age transition" on my toddler and they just disappeared into the mountains. The social worker couldn't even get her when her needs got too low. Gotta love glitches! ;)
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I've only ever adopted once in ts3 just fairly recently, within the last year, and the little girl child showed up normally (albeit without a shirt thank you weird CC).... I hope I never have anything like this happen if my sims adopt more but at least if it does now I won't be surprised!
    @Breazona sounds oddly Peter Pan-esk. I'm never gunna grow up! *or something of that nature, been awhile since I've watched Peter pan.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    This thread is hilarious :p
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Breazona wrote: »
    This reminds me of when I tried to "trigger age transition" on my toddler and they just disappeared into the mountains. The social worker couldn't even get her when her needs got too low. Gotta love glitches! ;)

My little witch vanished into the sky. I used master controller to reset her and she came back as good an new - better probably. It was really weird seeing her little bubble hovering up among the stars - it was night time.
    LOL -- into the sky and probably the disappearing in the mountains thing mean that the sim has taken on an undefined location. It's an error of course, not as horrible as it sounds and yes, a sim reset either the testingcheatsenabled or MasterController kind will usually bring them back home. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Breazona wrote: »

My little witch vanished into the sky. I used master controller to reset her and she came back as good an new - better probably. It was really weird seeing her little bubble hovering up among the stars - it was night time.

That was so long ago that I didn't even know you could reset sims, and I didn't even have any mods or cc! If a sim got stuck then that was it for that sim. :anguished:
    I think it was.. four years ago?
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥