Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living - time for Taxi's / public transport??

I really hope we get transport back! They can just do it like TS2 style.... where you can call a cab when you want to go somewhere... and carpool to work! It adds a nice touch to the game... rather than just watch them dissapear in front of your house....
Happiness!
j9pm6g.gif

Comments

• StaleMuffinsStaleMuffins Posts: 28 New Member
    I thought for sure this pack would bring back vehicles! Hopefully more will be revealed but I would think that they would've showed vehicles in the 1st trailer as that's a HUGE feature that they would've shown 1st I believe.

I want the full animation of the sims getting into the cars. Not like 3 where they just disappear & all of a sudden they're in the car
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    It's possible and we saw that render of the garage door yet it wasn't in the trailer :open_mouth:
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think it's time for transportation already cars, carpool, school bus and even helicopters like in TS
    21mbz47.jpg
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think they would add cars in a patch, maybe. I really liked how they did it in Sims 2. Every time my sim got promoted I couldn't wait to see which new ride they had for work! And then the helicopter at the end for some careers, it meant you have really made it!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The only way we will ever get cars in S4 is if they create that pack from the survey about driving and sightseeing.
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Idk if this is a weird thing to want, but I hope we school buses make a comeback in City Living. In TS3 the school bus was something I disregarded, but now that its gone I really miss watching my sim be the only kid on the bus being driven to school :confounded:
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • NanneroniNanneroni Posts: 49 Member
    @jennihope lmao "I really miss watching my sim be the only kid on the bus being driven to school"

Well, the kids still get on a bus, but it does suck that you can't watch them. I remember watching a let's play of TS2 (which I hardly even remember now) and they actually got in the car and backed out of the driveway, and I was absolutely blown away. I miss open world. The way they do it now makes the game run faster, but I miss it anyway. I liked the realistic feel of it. Now they just come and go like ghosts and it's weird.
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited September 2016
    think its kind of crazy they don't even have bicycles or scooters, but don't want to sound overly negative.
    It looks like it might be an interesting expansion to explore.
    Curious about how long it can hold my interest, and kind of looking forward to exploring it.
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    jennihope wrote: »
    Idk if this is a weird thing to want, but I hope we school buses make a comeback in City Living. In TS3 the school bus was something I disregarded, but now that its gone I really miss watching my sim be the only kid on the bus being driven to school :confounded:

ughhhh noway! SCHOOL BUSSES!! almost forgot about them :smile:
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think City Living is a good opportunity to add drivable cars.
    faytheful wrote: »
    think its kind of crazy they don't even have bicycles or scooters, but don't want to sound overly negative.
    It looks like it might be an interesting expansion to explore.
    Curious about how long it can hold my interest, and kind of looking forward to exploring it.

Also imagine that they're adding skateboards! That would be fantastic!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    some form of another transport would be nice to get to work, school or the community lot instead of walking or running!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited September 2016
    It's possible and we saw that render of the garage door yet it wasn't in the trailer :open_mouth:

It look more to a security door than a garage door. It also looks as if it were 2 tile width, making me more doubtful that cars will be returning in this EP.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    lukas11xxf wrote: »

It look more to a security door than a garage door. It also looks as if it were 2 tile width, making me more doubtful that cars will be returning in this EP.

Yeah, it's definitely a security door (as in for a storage locker).

Public transport is something I've wanted since day 1, so I am all for San Myshuno having a mass transit system of some kind. I honestly don't believe cars themselves are worth the trouble (not only are the neighborhoods seriously small, so you'd hit a load screen in like 2 seconds, but Maxis would also have to put some kind of driveway marker on every. single. lot, so that your car had somewhere to actually spawn at when you reach your destination... to say nothing of the neighborhoods that don't even have roads: Windenburg, I'm looking at you).
    Honestly, just making a bus stop at the edge of every street would be a much easier approach, since it's only a dozen or so neighborhoods to edit, instead of several dozen lots.
    wJbomAo.png
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Public transport is something I've wanted since day 1, so I am all for San Myshuno having a mass transit system of some kind. I honestly don't believe cars themselves are worth the trouble (not only are the neighborhoods seriously small, so you'd hit a load screen in like 2 seconds, but Maxis would also have to put some kind of driveway marker on every. single. lot, so that your car had somewhere to actually spawn at when you reach your destination... to say nothing of the neighborhoods that don't even have roads: Windenburg, I'm looking at you).
    Honestly, just making a bus stop at the edge of every street would be a much easier approach, since it's only a dozen or so neighborhoods to edit, instead of several dozen lots.

The smartest way to go would be a subway. All you would need is a subway station which could be placed anywhere in any world. You could place one at each of the small neighborhood play parks in WC or OS. Then your sim would walk out of their house, down to the play park, enter the subway and descend the stairs. They could even bring back the subway pick pocket.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I hate to be a downer, but it would surprise me if they add transportation to this series at all just going by their track record. So many missed opportunities already! Most of what we got is set dressing. Bikes, scooters, a subway system, taxis, city buses, a rail/train system, etc. would have been excellent for this pack. If they add any of those elements in, I would truly be shocked!
    I hate to be a downer, but it would surprise me if they add transportation to this series at all just going by their track record. So many missed opportunities already! Most of what we got is set dressing. Bikes, scooters, a subway system, taxis, city buses, a rail/train system, etc. would have been excellent for this pack. If they add any of those elements in, I would truly be shocked!

I'm afraid that you may be right. Some things they have so well it amazes me, but then, they miss the mark with other things so badly I wonder if the same people are working on the packs day in and day out. It seems as if the first shift are working on something great, then the second shift comes in and pucks it all up. It's like a split personality, you never know who you're dealing with from one day to the next.
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

wow................ your so right about windenburg.......
    how the heck are they going to work around that one....................
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I'm afraid that you may be right. Some things they have so well it amazes me, but then, they miss the mark with other things so badly I wonder if the same people are working on the packs day in and day out. It seems as if the first shift are working on something great, then the second shift comes in and pucks it all up. It's like a split personality, you never know who you're dealing with from one day to the next.

I know it was mentioned somewhere (I think the SimGuruTrev message) where he said that they like to prioritize things and some things don't make the cut. Also there has been too much talk about old things not being implemented in the game so that didn't surprise me about cars and transportation.