Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Refuses EA Invitation

Comments

• Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    faytheful wrote: »
    @faytheful I'm not sure if you've ever had to sign an NDA, but I have a feeling that you might be confusing it with something else. I've signed NDA's before, and it's basically me promising that anything I encounter during my testing experience was kept to myself until the release of the product. Basically, if I intentionally blabbed in public about what I got to see; then the company could sue for me breach of contract.

Now, I have to say that I respect Clint's decision. I hope that he's able to pay for his own way there and experience the event, as I believe that EA might at least listen to what he has to say (whether they act on it is another story).

But I can also recognize his reluctance to accept EA's offer to cover travel expenses. If he's getting guff about accepting free copies from EA, whether it's a limited copy or his to own forever, then imagine the guff he'd get about his eventual review after the NDA is lifted if he happened to enjoy the EP.

It's a plum if you do, plum if you don't scenario for Clint. So, he's being cautious and not accepting the invitation.

And he's in good standing not to accept imo but he has to do what's right for him
    but here's the deal with the contracts they may seem minor; but that could only be if they were short term
    I don't know the shortest term of their contracts but most last about 12 months then are renewed.
    That would be very hard on LGR if he found something that was meh and couldn't say it. I believe that'd eat him up from the
    inside.
    No I think he did the right thing, and he should be cautious. Remember EA likes to be in control & businesses or people who like to
    be in control do not accept the word no.

No, the contract in question - which is the Non Disclosure Agreement - is only in effect from the date of the event until the day the expansion is released. If Clint decided to attend at his own expense, then he would have to sign the same agreement that everyone (including EA employees) signs.

The NDA becomes null after release (which are not renewed and a new agreement is signed at each event), and Clint would be free to speak about what he saw and how he feels freely. What he is choosing to do, should he not attend, is to wait to get a look see when either he's offered a review copy or it's released to the public.

Secondly, EA or any company in existence has every right to protect against leaks in regards to upcoming products, which is the point being a standard NDA. They are not trying to tell anyone, especially not Clint, what to say about their product. Because I think we all know what Clint's response would be to that...
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    But not everyone is for sale. Look at the modder Twallan. I have much respect for him and his craft, his mods are outstanding.
    He fixed a lot of the errors in coding with core mods to the game.
    They offered him a position he said no.

I love Nrass mods - they seriously saved my game at times.

Twallan made his mods as a hobby, and he had no aspirations to take it further than that. Plus, he already has a career long before he created the Nrass suite.

I have no direct evidence, but I firmly believe that was the case.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited September 2016
    @faytheful I'm not sure if you've ever had to sign an NDA, but I have a feeling that you might be confusing it with something else. I've signed NDA's before, and it's basically me promising that anything I encounter during my testing experience was kept to myself until the release of the product. Basically, if I intentionally blabbed in public about what I got to see; then the company could sue for me breach of contract.

Now, I have to say that I respect Clint's decision. I hope that he's able to pay for his own way there and experience the event, as I believe that EA might at least listen to what he has to say (whether they act on it is another story).

But I can also recognize his reluctance to accept EA's offer to cover travel expenses. If he's getting guff about accepting free copies from EA, whether it's a limited copy or his to own forever, then imagine the guff he'd get about his eventual review after the NDA is lifted if he happened to enjoy the EP.

It's a plum if you do, plum if you don't scenario for Clint. So, he's being cautious and not accepting the invitation.

Yes. This is exactly what I'm thinking about here. I think that if his fanbase actually trusted him enough to have expenses paid by EA without having his opinion influenced, he would've taken this. After all, people have been saying why he hasn't been invited to any of these events, then when he does, they applaud him for not going!?

he might not have though. But who knows what financial situation anyone is in. If he accepts it I won't be angry with him, but
    then again I'm not a fan per se either. I've watched I think about 4 of his vids max. I just admire his propensity for being forthright.
    If EA knows he has a huge fan base they will keep up the pressure. Will he eventually accept ? Who knows, but he has to make
    whatever choice he feels is right for himself.
    Will he be able to maintain his forthrightness if he accepts EA's offer ? Who knows. Only he knows that.
    But not everyone is for sale. Look at the modder Twallan. I have much respect for him and his craft, his mods are outstanding.

Eh, I don't think that was integrity (not saying Twallan doesn't have integrity, just that I don't think his refusal was specifically about that). I think it was the same as most modders--why work for the company which is going to put limitations and deadlines on your work when you can just make whatever you want, whenever you want. And if you already have a good job, there's even less of a point to it.

ETA: Heh, @IrishSimslover (who has an awesome avatar, btw) beat me to it. And said it more succinctly, too.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    Lady Sugar wrote: »
    Omg, that's why i love him so much. And now much more <3

omg your signature, I love Britney too, lol
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    :sigh: There are people who LOVE this game and dismissing their happy game play disrespects both views. If one can be dismissed out of hand because they're always happy (which could be their honest view) and it doesn't match your view of not being great, saying someone who does... it's just so double standard.

If they love the game and are happy, they should be able to give a review that is all bubbly and rainbows. If they're not happy and they don't like it, they give their view....

So... smh around here.

Feel free to quote me. That's not what I'm saying, at all. I'm saying that I genuinely feel that some of these "influencers" / Youtubers or whatever that heck they are... Are being told to project a certain view. Maybe I'm wrong but... I have my right to be skeptical.

Every video is like "Oh yeah guys this pack is lacking but omg the slip n' slide is so cool..." or "This is great, you can go buy this pack for $xx.xx at .... " Etc.... That's sketchy to me.

There's no doubt in my mind that some people are afraid to say too much negative stuff in their reviews so they don't lose whatever "in" they may have or whatever "in" they may think they can get, even. But that's on them. Based on comments from a few people here on the forums that have been to these events and signed NDA's before, I'd be surprised if Maxis makes them sign a contract to only say good things about their product, which is what a lot of people seem to conclude.

FTC guidelines are pretty clear about how to handle commercial endorsements. If EA were setting up contracts with reviewers to only give good reviews of their products, those reviews would be considered commercial advertising and have to be labelled clearly that this is the case:

If an endorser is acting on behalf of an advertiser, what she or he is saying is usually going to be commercial speech – and commercial speech violates the FTC Act if it’s deceptive. The FTC conducts investigations and brings cases involving endorsements under Section 5 of the FTC Act, which generally prohibits deceptive advertising.

Note that commercial speech violates the FTC Act if it's deceptive--taking money, expenses for a trip, free products, etc. in exchange for only giving good reviews about a product but never stating that you're being paid to advertise would be deceptive. For those who are interested, you can find more details here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking

And here's what NOT to do: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/influencer-marketing-disclosure/168190/

Also deceptive would be on Friday you said the game was meh but on following Monday after you signed a commercial speech contract with EA you said the game was glowing.
    And we can go back about a year and see where you said the game was meh, but now we are hearing you describe it in glowing terms.
    Not to put LGR down in anyway but that would be an example of deceptive commercial speech as well.

Well, I would find that deceptive on the part of the reviewer if they totally changed their stance on the game itself after accepting a position as influencer or receiving some kind of compensation for doing the review but, again, I would assume it was the influencer taking that on themselves rather than EA telling them what to say.

However, if LGR, for instance, got accepted as an influencer or accepted the trip to this upcoming event and then turned around and made a video about how much he enjoyed CL after it came out, I would assume he's being honest. Unless every review he did after that was overly "glowing" about the packs and he started saying the game was fixed and perfect now, I'd still assume that he was being honest. But I mentioned before, I have a tendency to assume people are being honest until they prove otherwise.

right right, and how would FTC view it if they reviewed past vids which were saying meh then he gets contract & everything is glowing
    thereafter ? I know I'd be wondering.

I honestly don't know. I suspect they'd review the contract, though I'd be surprised if any company actually put something like that in writing. But did you read that article I posted about Warner Bros getting in trouble for exactly that? They paid tens of thousands of dollars to youtubers (including Pewdiepie, or however you spell his name) to give positive only reviews, no bugs or glitches, hidden disclosures, etc. FTC managed to scrounge up the details somewhere (maybe "talking" to the youtubers who got paid), so I imagine if it were a real issue, it would come out eventually.

oh it will definitely come out, there are a lot of people mad at EA enough to talk about it but FTC will not investigate just because.
    They need cause, whether or not they eventually get cause; a reason to suspect wrongdoing they won't even bother.
    Plus EA is a big company, they might even lobby congress or FTC for more lenient rules.

I don't really believe EA is doing something like Warner Brothers did, though. But I do understand if LGR is trying to separate himself from even the hint of something like that.

ETA: Also, Warner Bros is huge with a slew of lawyers on their payroll which is why they managed to get away with a slap on the wrist.

Who knows what's going on @ EA ? Just learned all the execs get paid in excess of 1M annually.
    Kind of made me refocus on the topic of toddlers... but with LGR I think maybe he's trying to remain true to himself & his opinions of
    what he feels is a "meh" game as he says. Meaning its neither hot nor cold. And he will have to make the choice that is right for himself
    and his family if he has one. A choice that would allow him to be able to look at himself in the mirror everyday.
    Wouldn't be so much of a hard choice if they gave him another game to review. This one is so controversial. And maybe he should
    opt in for that....but at the end of the day, its his choice.

Well, considering how big the company is and that the Sims is not the only game, yeah that would be about right.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    :sigh: There are people who LOVE this game and dismissing their happy game play disrespects both views. If one can be dismissed out of hand because they're always happy (which could be their honest view) and it doesn't match your view of not being great, saying someone who does... it's just so double standard.

If they love the game and are happy, they should be able to give a review that is all bubbly and rainbows. If they're not happy and they don't like it, they give their view....

So... smh around here.

Agree:)))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »

So... smh around here.

I don't think anyone is dismissing those that love this game. But being a reviewer/influencer is a different bag of beans. Cynical people will naturally doubt the legitimacy of the review, especially if they were given free things from the company. And I'm not really into the YouTube crowd, but I have been totally turned off by one individual who was so excited over a chair that I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing was real enthusiasm. But hey...if it was, I don't really care. This is my point of view. But I don't watch those reviews for that specific reason. I actually wait for the post release reviews from normal simmers who have nothing to gain. Even from the people who love this game when I don't. Heck, I bought spa day because of one of those reviews and I do like having that pack.

Many people like LGR for his level-headedness. He isn't overly gushy and he has given some of the packs good reviews. But he doesn't sugarcoat it and he does say what he doesn't like about it. That makes people respect him...for reviews on other games, too.

Honestly, I think most people who are aware of the influencer program should be wary of those videos and reviews. It's called being a responsible consumer and understanding that marketing has changed from commercials and ads to promoted videos across the web. And I'll just drop that whole PewDiePie reference again. He is beloved by many...and he was paid to get you to watch him and love him.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

So... smh around here.

I don't think anyone is dismissing those that love this game. But being a reviewer/influencer is a different bag of beans. Cynical people will naturally doubt the legitimacy of the review, especially if they were given free things from the company. And I'm not really into the YouTube crowd, but I have been totally turned off by one individual who was so excited over a chair that I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing was real enthusiasm. But hey...if it was, I don't really care. This is my point of view. But I don't watch those reviews for that specific reason. I actually wait for the post release reviews from normal simmers who have nothing to gain. Even from the people who love this game when I don't. Heck, I bought spa day because of one of those reviews and I do like having that pack.

Many people like LGR for his level-headedness. He isn't overly gushy and he has given some of the packs good reviews. But he doesn't sugarcoat it and he does say what he doesn't like about it. That makes people respect him...for reviews on other games, too.

Honestly, I think most people who are aware of the influencer program should be wary of those videos and reviews. It's called being a responsible consumer and understanding that marketing has changed from commercials and ads to promoted videos across the web. And I'll just drop that whole PewDiePie reference again. He is beloved by many...and he was paid to get you to watch him and love him.

I agree, if you love playing the sims 4, then you should be happy and talk about it. We are all different, even if a reviewer likes and doesn't like a game, it is up to the player, To me, a reviewer is only a players opinion. Just because a reviewer does not like a game or does not see anything good or bad in the game, it is still his/her opinion. We are all different and like different things. It is all up to the player. There are many games that others do not like, but that does not matter to me. If I like it, I'll play it and if not then I will not. or maybe just play it a little less then I would if I loved it. Buying a game does not depend on LGR or anyone's opinion, although I do like to read LGR, I do not let it influence me one way or the other, It is my choice to buy, like or not like. I am the one playing, and maybe my game play is different or I am finding something else in the game that makes me happy, and someone else may not see it that way. Happy Simming no matte what or how you play.

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    mskube wrote: »
    I do like LGR and his comments ... but ... I got a question ...

THERE IS AN PLANNED EVENT FOR SIMS4 ?!?

Mind is blown.

I was thinking the same thing... What event?

The only thing I can think of as to why the Sims4 would have a planned event would be something big ... something along the way of a lifestage that shall not be named ....

Burrito Toddlers I hope ;)

Burrito Toddlers that are tied to a playpen that are the same height as a sim child.

After reading this I want a "Burrito Supreme"

How about have a new Sims game called 'The Burritos' and it can feature all life stages in burrito form :smiley:

haha! We would have all kinds of burritos spreading non-sense perfect!
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited September 2016
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

So... smh around here.

True... I see you points here and I do agree with you.

My agree was for Rflong when she said that even if somebody get the invitation from EA that somebody might give a positive review without any influence from EA or might give negative. I truly believe it happens although in case of LGR I fully support his decision of declining an invitation.

Myself... I stick to LGR and sometimes Curtis. I used to watch one other reviewer, just because I wanted to see more stuff included etc and at the beginning I liked reviewer's enthusiasm. Then reviewer started to get EA invitations... then fame hit reviewer's head too. The reviewer lost credibility for me and I stopped watching anything from that reviewer. This is for me the case of a reviewer who gave up to EA and fame influence.

Honestly, I think most people who are aware of the influencer program should be wary of those videos and reviews. It's called being a responsible consumer and understanding that marketing has changed from commercials and ads to promoted videos across the web.

100% agree...Review should never influence your opinion:) btw never watched any of PewDiePie vids;))) eheheh
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member

Yes. This is exactly what I'm thinking about here. I think that if his fanbase actually trusted him enough to have expenses paid by EA without having his opinion influenced, he would've taken this. After all, people have been saying why he hasn't been invited to any of these events, then when he does, they applaud him for not going!?

he might not have though. But who knows what financial situation anyone is in. If he accepts it I won't be angry with him, but
    then again I'm not a fan per se either. I've watched I think about 4 of his vids max. I just admire his propensity for being forthright.
    If EA knows he has a huge fan base they will keep up the pressure. Will he eventually accept ? Who knows, but he has to make
    whatever choice he feels is right for himself.
    Will he be able to maintain his forthrightness if he accepts EA's offer ? Who knows. Only he knows that.

Eh, I don't think that was integrity (not saying Twallan doesn't have integrity, just that I don't think his refusal was specifically about that). I think it was the same as most modders--why work for the company which is going to put limitations and deadlines on your work when you can just make whatever you want, whenever you want. And if you already have a good job, there's even less of a point to it.

ETA: Heh, @IrishSimslover (who has an awesome avatar, btw) beat me to it. And said it more succinctly, too.

yeah I tend to think Twallans choice was more about limitations myself, but my main point was not everyone is for sale (reason they're not notwithstanding because everyone could have different reasons)
  • Options

And he's in good standing not to accept imo but he has to do what's right for him
    but here's the deal with the contracts they may seem minor; but that could only be if they were short term
    I don't know the shortest term of their contracts but most last about 12 months then are renewed.
    That would be very hard on LGR if he found something that was meh and couldn't say it. I believe that'd eat him up from the
    inside.
    No I think he did the right thing, and he should be cautious. Remember EA likes to be in control & businesses or people who like to

No, the contract in question - which is the Non Disclosure Agreement - is only in effect from the date of the event until the day the expansion is released. If Clint decided to attend at his own expense, then he would have to sign the same agreement that everyone (including EA employees) signs.

The NDA becomes null after release (which are not renewed and a new agreement is signed at each event), and Clint would be free to speak about what he saw and how he feels freely. What he is choosing to do, should he not attend, is to wait to get a look see when either he's offered a review copy or it's released to the public.

Secondly, EA or any company in existence has every right to protect against leaks in regards to upcoming products, which is the point being a standard NDA. They are not trying to tell anyone, especially not Clint, what to say about their product. Because I think we all know what Clint's response would be to that...

okay so the contract will only last until the product is released, but he's in the same boat. if he doesn't like the product he won't be able to say it freely
  • Options

I love Nrass mods - they seriously saved my game at times.

Twallan made his mods as a hobby, and he had no aspirations to take it further than that. Plus, he already has a career long before he created the Nrass suite.

I have no direct evidence, but I firmly believe that was the case.

plus I think (could be wrong) he saw so many mistakes at the core of the game which he created mods to fix, and maybe he brought it to their attention, but they blew him off. IDK if that's what really happened, but he had been making the mods for a while, and some of them were core mods which means the coding at the core of the game was messed up.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @faytheful wrote: »

inside.

okay so the contract will only last until the product is released, but he's in the same boat. if he doesn't like the product he won't be able to say it freely

He won't? EA has changed the NDA to something else? What did he say they're making he agree to if not just a NDA? I believe it's his fans he's doing this for.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    edited September 2016

inside.

He won't? EA has changed the NDA to something else? What did he say they're making he agree to if not just a NDA? I believe it's his fans he's doing this for.

@Rflong7 the video 2 years of meh, Clint made a comment as to why he declined. Then on Twitter someone sent him the link to this thread he tweeted back that he has nothing else to say about it.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

inside.

my understanding is he would be limited in what he's able to say about the product if he's under contract as an influencer, but I will readily admit I'm no expert on EA contracts and their NDA's.
    I'd have to read one to get the full legalities they put in it.

edit: here's a sample NDA http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sample-confidentiality-agreement-nda-33343.html
    Per paragraph 3, the contract initiator can mark whatever they want confidential & the signer of the contract is under obligation not to discuss it with 3rd parties
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @mskube wrote: »

@Rflong7 the video 2 years of meh, Clint made a comment as to why he declined. Then on Twitter someone sent him the link to this thread he tweeted back that he has nothing else to say about it.

I wouldn't come into this topic if I were him either. :)
    Nothing against him at all, and I know it is his choice and it is his business... I just thought it'd be great for him to go. :)
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    @mskube wrote: »

I wouldn't come into this topic if I were him either. :)
    Nothing against him at all, and I know it is his choice and it is his business... I just thought it'd be great for him to go. :)

Yes I think it would be great as long as he could be himself. Maybe he felt he couldn't and that's why he chose not to. In his comment he said it would be a conflict of interest in regards to his job.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    You realize that advanced or review copies are given out freely quite often, I hope. Whether it's for written or video reviews. It's common practice. In fact, there tends to be more controversy when they're not handed out prior to release, so... if that makes you critical of reviews, well that's gonna be for almost everything then, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that the YouTube channel that ranted, well, 'reviewed' The Sims 4?
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • Options
    my understanding is he would be limited in what he's able to say about the product if he's under contract as an influencer, but I will readily admit I'm no expert on EA contracts and their NDA's.

edit: here's a sample NDA http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sample-confidentiality-agreement-nda-33343.html
    Per paragraph 3, the contract initiator can mark whatever they want confidential & the signer of the contract is under obligation not to discuss it with 3rd parties

And I direct you to paragraph 4
    "4. Time Periods. The nondisclosure provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Receiving Party's duty to hold Confidential Information in confidence shall remain in effect until the Confidential Information no longer qualifies as a trade secret or until Disclosing Party sends Receiving Party written notice releasing Receiving Party from this Agreement, whichever occurs first."

So, as I said before, the confidential info - that being information on the upcoming ep or whatever was being showcased - stops being a 'trade secret' when it's released to the general public. So Clint would be free to talk about it on that date going forwards. EA can not tell someone what they can and can not say about a game.

Clint is not an influencer. He turned that down too.
    plus I think (could be wrong) he saw so many mistakes at the core of the game which he created mods to fix, and maybe he brought it to their attention, but they blew him off. IDK if that's what really happened, but he had been making the mods for a while, and some of them were core mods which means the coding at the core of the game was messed up.

I think it was a mixture of both. He saw some issues to be fixed, and some ways to add some more flair into the game. But Nrass was never his job, it was something done out of the love of the game. Which sadly began to decline for his own reasons. Plus, he was never going to mod TS4.
  • Options

"4. Time Periods. The nondisclosure provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Receiving Party's duty to hold Confidential Information in confidence shall remain in effect until the Confidential Information no longer qualifies as a trade secret or until Disclosing Party sends Receiving Party written notice releasing Receiving Party from this Agreement, whichever occurs first."

So, as I said before, the confidential info - that being information on the upcoming ep or whatever was being showcased - stops being a 'trade secret' when it's released to the general public. So Clint would be free to talk about it on that date going forwards. EA can not tell someone what they can and can not say about a game.

I think it was a mixture of both. He saw some issues to be fixed, and some ways to add some more flair into the game. But Nrass was never his job, it was something done out of the love of the game. Which sadly began to decline for his own reasons. Plus, he was never going to mod TS4.

I watched his vid last night two yrs of meh and he said it was an integrity thing.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

what I bolded; they can't but won't stop them from trying. All big companies do.

edit: yea kind of followed Twallan a little closer because I tend to do that when I have great respect for someone & what they do & learned that Twallan wasn't going to mod TS4 & he was retiring. This was before TS4 was released. I sensed he was getting weary. And when I learned he wasn't going to be modding TS4 and was retiring too it kind of hurt.
    But he has to do what is right for him as everyone does so I got over it.

• Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    I don't think it is even remotely desperate for EA to invite him to an event. He's a credible reviewer, and they'd have to be numb to not extend and invitation. They honestly should have begun inviting him long ago. I often agree and disagree profusely with him within the short span of his reviews (which is always comical to me), but I still enjoy them simply because he's honest. I admit, I'm a bit bummed that he declined, because I really would have been curious to hear his opinions. At the same time, though, I understand he needed to do what felt right for him, and I respect that.

I too would have been curious to hear his opinions. I also think those who value his opinion would realize he wouldn't compromise his beliefs just for a free ride. In other words, he could have attended and I would still believe he was giving his honest unbiased reactions.

There is no such thing as an unbiased reaction.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

There is no such thing as an unbiased reaction.

Disagree. Though, I agree it's hard to achieve it is a thing that can be done.