Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Affordable Family Housing Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I know this one is a bit too expensive, but if you remove the pool and swap the flatscreen for a smaller tv, you'll free up quite some funds. You can also place it on a smaller lot, so that may mean more funds as well :)

55 Cactus Cove - residential; 40x30; 4 bed; 5 bath; 56.420; NoCC; NoMOO; base game only; play tested.

tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obc2h0M3Zg1v8k7elo9_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    55 Cactus Cove complements very well with the other homes that you have made for the neighbourhood MDianaSanders :) Very nice exterior of the home! The layout of the interior looks very nice. I have posted about your home on your showcase thread.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Made another one, I should probably challenge myself to put more bedrooms in at the same budget - this is getting to easy ;)

9 Birch Road - residential; 30x20; 3 bed; 3 bath; 37.392; NoCC; NoMOO; base game only; play tested.

This one is a bit bigger, more suited for a slightly larger family. It’s also a bit more expensive, just under 40K. I opted for better appliances over decoration, so it’s once again a terribly bare house, but it has a decent fridge. This one has a little backyard so Sims can spend time doing stuff outside. The bedrooms are for parents, teen girl and boy child (could be girl though), but that can easily be changed by recolouring a few things.

tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_obcgecAmuY1v8k7elo5_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    9 Birch road is a very nice home ! MDianaSanders :) Very nice exterior design of the home ! The roofing and dormer look very nice! The front porch looks great ! Very nice blue colour scheme of the home. The blue open shutter windows are a nice touch in the home. I have posted about your home on your showcase thread.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    I did a smaller version of my latest build and trimmed the luxuries and decor.
    KacePlaysGames gave me the original concept on the exterior.
    Original price: 84k / Affordable price: 49k
    Family of four. 3br 2ba

08-16-16_4-44-22nbspAM_zpscriodkvp.png

08-16-16_4-44-31nbspAM_zpstdtvvruo.png

08-16-16_4-44-47nbspAM_zpsvx4gqjuj.png

08-16-16_4-45-01nbspAM_zpskaqs5wiu.png

Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    Your home is very nice ! @Audio_5urf :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The roofing level looks great! Very nice wraparound porch. The backyard area is very nice. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine. They will have fun playing horseshoes and enjoy toasting food on the firepit. The hedging looks nice on the edges of the sides of the home, The layout of the interior looks very nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2016
    @rosemow thank you. I've been noticing that my build skills have been improving since I got back into the game in May. The original is a bit bigger, but that retails at 98k. there's no way I could trim down the bigger house enough without too much of a sacrifice.
    --edit--
    However, the dimensions of this house are much closer to that of the one that originally inspired me.

About to post the larger version in the recent builds thread if you want to take a peak.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Most of my builds are quite expensive lol (mostly because of all the flowers and paintings I use). I'm going to take this challenge!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Most of my builds are quite expensive lol (mostly because of all the flowers and paintings I use). I'm going to take this challenge!

Hello :) I will look forward to seeing your build!
  • Options
    kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    Oohh lovely home @Audio_5urf <3
    May we all chill like wizards
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I'm so sorry I've been away for so long. I just wanted to say, to all of you who've posted their houses, they all look great!! It's so fun to see what you all come up with. I think I will work on a couple affordable homes myself, it's been a While since I've done any building.

Keep up the great work, everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    1 Lavender Close - $44,190 - 5 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms - 30x30 size lot.

09-19-16_8-15-35nbspPM_zpsgffyqwfj.jpg~original
    May we all chill like wizards
  • Options
    1 Lavender Close is a very nice home! @kitoraem :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The windows look nice how they are placed in the build and the plants look nice placed along the edges of the front porch. The greenery is a nice touch on the exterior wall. It is nice that there are both front and side steps up to the front porch. Very nice fenced side garden! Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Sims will enjoy eating meals at the picnic table in the sunshine. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! Itvis nice that there are five bedrooms in the home.
    A sims family will enjoy living in your home :)
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hey Everyone! Here is an affordable house I just built. It is called Bargain Beauty and my name on the gallery is AmarellaSims. I costs 48,286 before lot cost. It has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

eN48PtM.png
    lSebeBd.png
    qDFIkoY.png

Also, Spanish Steal on the gallery is a 3 bedroom 2 bath small house for a family with 2 daughters and an infant son. It costs 49,504 after lot cost.

oOi6sAr.png
    OJ7txgm.png
    Post edited by AmyCarolyn on
  • Options
    The exterior designs of both Bargain Beauty and Spanish Steal look very nice! @AmyCarolyn :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the interiors of the homes! The placement of the windows in Bargain Beauty looks great, and the open shutter windows add a nice homely look. The flowers and plants look very pretty along the edges of the front of the home! It looks nice how you have used the terrain paint to create the front footpath. The floor rugs are nice touches in the kids bedrooms. Very nice green colour scheme of the walls and dining /living room seating in the home. The pink colour scheme of the girls bedroom looks pretty. The flowers on the exterior walls of Spanish Steal is a very nice touch. The arch entrance looks great!
    The homes are very nice :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    My latest build is a house for Build-n-Share Challenge 53. I call it Davies Digs, because it is meant for a specific family of four in the challenge. It contains a number of skill objects including: a computer, easel, pool (fitness item), guitar (musical instrument) and vegetable garden. It costs less than §45,000, including the lot.

AuJUTO3.png
    zblSikR.png
    9dyTUpH.png
    gB0GDkJ.png

More images
  • Options
    Davies Dig is a very nice home! @StSciurus :) Very nice exterior design and shape of the home! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build. The plants look nice along the edge of the front of the home. Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening box, and it is nice that there is a bird feeder for sims to enjoy feeding the birds. They will have fun swimming in the pool. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice . Sims willl enjoy sitting resting there on the sofa or armchair having a chat, watching tv and reading a book. The yellow flowers picture adds a sunny touch to the room. The way the leafy pictures are placed on the wall looks nice. The corner windows art nook is great! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel with sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice dining room. The rose on the table is pretty for sims to see when eating their meals. The teapots wall shelf is a nice homely touch. Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall texture gives a great feel to the room. It is nice that there is a study desk area there for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The blue colour scheme of the master bedroom looks nice and calming. The pictures on the bedhead wall complement well with the colour scheme and look very nice placed there. Sims will have great views through their bedroom windows. The butterflies on the staircase wall and the flower pribt on the side wall in the girls bedroom looks very pretty!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @rosemow , for posting your nice comments about Davies Digs on this thread, too! :smiley:
  • Options
    ArtemisSageArtemisSage Posts: 2 New Member
    Just came across this challenge, and it looks amazing. I'm deffinetly going to try this out. Hopfully it turns out well. Also, if I post a video, can I link to it on here? I'll post finished pictures, of course, but I'm hoping links are fine.
  • Options
    Just came across this challenge, and it looks amazing. I'm deffinetly going to try this out. Hopfully it turns out well. Also, if I post a video, can I link to it on here? I'll post finished pictures, of course, but I'm hoping links are fine.

Hello @ArtemisSage :) It is great that you are planning to create a home for the challenge!

Welcome to the forums! :)
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • Options
    ArtemisSageArtemisSage Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey @rosemow Thanks for the input. I'll try to work towards it, though life may get in the way. Once I can, I'll post a link and pictures for the house I made for this challenge, for now, it'll just have to sit in the gallery, but I'll make sure to use the hashtag so others can find it. :smile:
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    I thought I'd give this a try.

04 Robin's Nest
    4 bedrooms - The 4th Bedroom is an extra for whatever you want. Its set up with a bed, & desk for now.
    2 Full bathrooms with shower/tub combo. One of the bathrooms has a wardrobe closet.
    Dining room sits 8 plus highchair
    Kitchen comes with a dishwasher

$44,030 on the Gallery
    $47,030 Lot Value
    Currently sits on 40x30 lot size
    Has been moved from a 30x20 & 30x30 lot
    The lot is big enough to expand on or add to - garden, pool, patio, children's play set etc.

I kept the designing to a minimum - giving a little character with budget in mind.
    mAcwdKt.png
    sjOwt86.png
    I goofed here & this picture was taken before the trim was added :/
    G8dw90v.png
    pghRimr.png
    on8bBfy.png
    qrzSYSe.png
    7OmeNPE.png
    ydgjkpb.png
    1ghPFBK.png
    oaDKV7A.png
    zrzsTjU.png
    8hM0h1M.png
    vesBIst.png
    tVHTkHG.png
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    The exterior design of Robin's Nest looks very nice! @Adoriyah :) The wimdows look nice how they are placed in the build. The flowers and rocks look pretty along the front edges of the home and the two pots of plants look great either side of the front pathway. The front patio looks nice! The diferent texture of the entrance patio walls looks nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice open plan kitchen and dining room ! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outside views whilst eating their meals at the table. The different colours of the dining chairs gives a great look to the room! The fruit bowl is a homely touch on the table. It looks great how the half walls separate off the kitchen, and the plants are nice nature touches on the wall ledge. The living room is very nice! Nice corner tv nook. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas there watching tv with sunshine coming in through the windows. The plant and books are nice touches on the wall shelf. The kids room looks great ! The cloud and hot air balloons wall look nice. Kids will have fun sitting on the floor rug reading a book from the bookcase or playing with toys from the chest. The heart teddy is cute in the double singles bedroom.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Wow! Thats an amazing house, @Adoriyah !! I love the mis-matched chairs at the dining table, and ive never thought to put a closet in the bathroom, that's such a great idea! I love your decorating style. You've done such a good job with this!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    marigold91marigold91 Posts: 81 Member
    This is an awesome challenge. My houses are usually super expensive because apparently I can't pace myself haha :) Anyway, here is my attempt, it's a modern 2 bedroom, 4 people (parents, toddler and child) house with a garden. Very mismatched, lots of colour:

htt p://imgur.com/0vAwGTc

htt p://imgur.com/vfTMyGn

htt p://imgur.com/bbHRSOW

htt p://imgur.com/sYwsIv6

It can be downloaded on the gallery under my name (Marigold91)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top