Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 making magic

Andy251991Andy251991 Posts: 5 New Member
Im trying to find the thread sims 1 not working. So I have an xp laptop sims 1 works but when I add makin magic expansion the sims gives the picture like it's going to load up, but my computer screen stays on the desktop and never loads up the sims, are there issues with adding certain expansions? Ive never had problems with vacation or unleashed but makin magic seems to make my sims not even load anymore. If anyone can help, thanks

Comments

• Andy251991Andy251991 Posts: 5 New Member
    Who knows, maybe they need to be installed in order? Have no idea..
  • Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    This could be a disc related issue. Games of this era all did the same thing, they installed the whole game to your hard drive and the game.exe in that directory simply acted as a placeholder to the real game.exe on your disc. When this happened it was usually either a faulty, old or scratched disc or the cd/dvd rom was faulty. Perhaps try to clean the disc or if you have a spare then a different rom.
    Hope you come right.
  • Andy251991Andy251991 Posts: 5 New Member
    Alright sounds good thanks for the insight. I think it may just be a faultydisc. All my other expansions work just fine except for that one. It's all ok thanks.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Andy251991 wrote: »
    Who knows, maybe they need to be installed in order? Have no idea..

The original Sims does need to be installed in order of release. If I remember correctly, it actually says it in each of the EP installation guides.
    I saw your post and decided to respond in the event you were still unsure of this.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif