The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly Simmers here, having a chat, won't you join us?

Comments

• MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @MemoriiValentine It is funny as once you have a new EP you very quickly forget what life was like before you installed it :smile:

i came into sims 3 at the end of its life .so into the future was out and i had gotten every ep and sp so i kinda came into the game with everything already
    Happy Simming!♥
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    edited September 2016
    I got story progression but I don't know if it's useful , a lot of people says it's far better than the ea progression but I don't think it's true sometimes !

I much prefer the NRaas SP to EA's. Here's the main reason (from the NRaas website):

EA's version of Story Progression is based on demographic statistics.

It says, if your town has this size of population, then this many should leave town, this many should die, this many should get married, this many should have children, this many should be vampires, etc.

And how does it choose these sims ? Essentially by random. The system doesn't care what the sim wants, only what the town as a whole requires.

NRaas StoryProgression changes that, by adding a sim-level touch to the system. The mod uses a sim's traits to determine their "personality" and decide what types of actions they should be part of.

Whether a couple gets married is based on whether they actually want to, not because the town needs it to be so. If a couple is chosen to have a child, it is because they want to have a child. If a sim gets a job, it is not simply to be the coworker for the active family, but because they want the job.

Though this system is slower than EA's version, I feel it produces a more life-like and believable progression of your town.

I don't know if I need something else because they are hard to understand sometimes.

If you need help understanding what a mod does, there's FAQs for each mod but if they don't help, the folks at NRaas would be glad to help you with your questions :smiley:

Firby nurbs!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @MemoriiValentine It is funny as once you have a new EP you very quickly forget what life was like before you installed it :smile:

i came into sims 3 at the end of its life .so into the future was out and i had gotten every ep and sp so i kinda came into the game with everything already

Slightly different to me. I started with TS1 not long after it came out and I only had the base game :blush:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Slightly different to me. I started with TS1 not long after it came out and I only had the base game :blush:
    How did you feel when you first played it ?ive played a bit of ts1 and 2 and love them
    Happy Simming!♥
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    edited September 2016
    is there a dress and hair that matches Mimay's :o

1271783_704643862899053_1643191922_o.jpg

How did you feel when you first played it ?ive played a bit of ts1 and 2 and love them

I thought that The Sims was the best game ever made :smiley:

I think that TS3 is the best for what you can do but I will never forget the first time I played The Sims and how they interacted with everything and how cool it was to see say turn into night.

Then of course there was a few fires and my kids got sent to military school but it was great fun back then :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

I think that TS3 is the best for what you can do but I will never forget the first time I played The Sims and how they interacted with everything and how cool it was to see say turn into night.

Then of course there was a few fires and my kids got sent to military school but it was great fun back then :smile:

I was only 6 when sims 1 released and in school by that time .my parents probably would have gotten it for me if I knew what it was back then .computer games weren't popular in my area back then .i probably wouldn't know what I was doing if I did have it lol
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited September 2016

I was only 6 when sims 1 released and in school by that time .my parents probably would have gotten it for me if I knew what it was back then .computer games weren't popular in my area back then .i probably wouldn't know what I was doing if I did have it lol

I was 12 so I was just about o,d enough to not freak out at the ghosts or burgulars ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

I was 12 so I was just about o,d enough to not freak out at the ghosts or burgulars ;)

I would have definately expired on the spot if I played sims 1 and had a burglar
    Happy Simming!♥
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Chelsie92 -I'd download all I needed for my game with the packs I own and just installe a few at a time with load tests after each install.I've currently got 108 NRaas Mod files installed in my game and that includes story progression because it stopped the EC12 in my saves.I stopped the child abuse social workers both using a Mod from MTS and register because they delete sims from saves which can corrupt the save.
    @king_of_simcity7 -Thanks for the comment.
    @MemoriiValentine -I've used that MTS game selector for disabling packs I don't want in a certain save.
    @Simsophonique -That's a soap opera and that style of story dosne't fit my games because they're all set in times when that sort of drama just didn't happen.
    @fxchfxchr -Hi there!EA's "story progression" is a know bugfest and the EA social workers are even worse because they've corrupted three of my older saves when I played Mod-free by deleting sims from those saves.I had the EA bugfest trigger EC12 from doing way too many things at once in a game.I currently use almost all of the NRaas Mod collection and have tuned the Mods out greatly so story progression is mostly manually done with some help.I've got story progression so heavily customized I can decide to let only one family get pregnant and have a baby at a time through setting the permissions in their household's caste from caste settings.That version also made it easy for me to play Sims 2 style rotational play in Sims 3 with me controlling the entire town.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Winter-1551.
    Winter Weather Alert-Storybrook is in the middle of very severe five day blizzard with temperatures down to -20*C and winds of 100mph with gusts up to 125mph.All vehicle travel is suspened for the winter and foot travel is to be done with extreme caution.
    29744625386_02dc9821dd_c.jpg
    29667984022_eb6fe26a8d_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

Note.. Only quoting you because several posts occurred since you wrote it and I saw it.

Second Note I believe this my first time on this thread so "HI!!" to all who haven't seen me around the boards before.

I remember playing Sims 1 for the first time. It was fascinating to me how they interacted with one another and their surroundings, unlike any other game i had played. I clearly recall the music in the background, either it was the game's background music or the music from their TVs,

And I got a kick out of how their newspapers turned green and useless as the clock struck 12.

By and by, R L got in the way and I saved a game and shelved it---where it still waits on the old eMachines I installed it on in the basement and I didn't get back into this franchise until I saw "4" on a merchandiser stand just outside the games and programs aisle at Wally World. I must say that CAS is what caught my interest enough for me to pick it up. I still don't have a whole lot of time to play. According to the Origin client i use to launch it with I played less than 400 hours since November 2014 but when I do play it I like it.
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Good Day Everyone!

Kathryn on her way to work.
    screenshot_original.jpg

A late night visitor while Kathryn was sleeping.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Chelsie92Chelsie92 Posts: 57 Member
    @blazerntq what world is she living in? x
    @blazerntq It is funny that you had an alien in your game when in the other thread I was talking about alien visitors yesturday lol

But I must say that Kathryn looks good as a nurse :love:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Chelsie92 Kathryn is living in Monte Vista.

@king_of_simcity7 I agree that she looks really cute dressed as a nurse. In fact most of the medical outfits she looks good dressed in. The alien was nice enough to not abduct my sim.
    @blazerntq I am now tempted to dress some of my Sims up as nurses now ;) I am away next week but I will hold the thought and maybe next week I could get a few cheeky pictures of a few of my beloved Sims as nurses :grin:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 I like your plan and look forward to seeing some pictures. :)
    @blazerntq I have some new pictures in the what have you done in your game thread as well as some on my wall so I made sure that I had enough pictures to share before I went away :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 That is totally awesome of you.
    @blazerntq thanks it is nice to get away from things but I will miss my Sims but so far I have managed to get my IPad to have wifi on the train so I can post on here and listen to music instead of being bored and hear the children screaming from a few seats down :neutral:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    I got story progression but I don't know if it's useful , a lot of people says it's far better than the ea progression but I don't think it's true sometimes !

I much prefer the NRaas SP to EA's. Here's the main reason (from the NRaas website):

EA's version of Story Progression is based on demographic statistics.

It says, if your town has this size of population, then this many should leave town, this many should die, this many should get married, this many should have children, this many should be vampires, etc.

And how does it choose these sims ? Essentially by random. The system doesn't care what the sim wants, only what the town as a whole requires.

NRaas StoryProgression changes that, by adding a sim-level touch to the system. The mod uses a sim's traits to determine their "personality" and decide what types of actions they should be part of.

Whether a couple gets married is based on whether they actually want to, not because the town needs it to be so. If a couple is chosen to have a child, it is because they want to have a child. If a sim gets a job, it is not simply to be the coworker for the active family, but because they want the job.

Though this system is slower than EA's version, I feel it produces a more life-like and believable progression of your town.

I don't know if I need something else because they are hard to understand sometimes.

If you need help understanding what a mod does, there's FAQs for each mod but if they don't help, the folks at NRaas would be glad to help you with your questions :smiley:

@fxchrfxchr : I ignored these fact about the story progression of Nrass, I took it just by following people advices , they always tells me : hey download the story progression and I make them blindly confidence.If they judge it's useful I took ! I am glad now to see what's happened in my town is because my sims wants to do.Even though sometimes when I click on the notification I saw nothing or i barely understand why a such notification happened , I setted it as slow because it reduces lag .Last time they talk about Miley and nothing happened around her.She was sitting down a bench in the Mirabello's plaza.That's odd !
    Well since I setted the sp so I hope errors stopped.I block the aging so I can't take advantage of this great mod by choice.

Thank you very much, for your explanations and your patience with me.I am grateful and I always continue to learn about the sims 3.

@TadOlson : True the sims always wants to have multiple romance . I have sims they got more than two potential lovers.It's not my way of playing too .That's why I focus on my simself because she is always far away from love drama like me and you it's the weather.We are lucky to have the right to play the game we want in the sims 3 we don't have to follow any rules except ours.
    Wow your town is similar to what we got in Canada, North East US , Scandinavia and Russia.It's not a weather to use a car .Where I live it's barely snow rarely.

@blazerntq does Kathryn has a space rock in her inventory? Because sometimes this single reason is good for aliens to come !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    @Simsophonique No space rocks. It was nice to have a visit. I do not have story progression turned on at the moment so it is nice to have little random stuff to happen.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    blazerntq wrote: »
    @Simsophonique No space rocks. It was nice to have a visit. I do not have story progression turned on at the moment so it is nice to have little random stuff to happen.

@blazerntq It's so awesome ! I would love to see more aliens around my house .The only time an alien girl visited me it's because I collected my first space rock.She did not abducted my sims and she stayed outside.Since nobody came and I had to create an alien myself .Nobody does sciences enough to attact them.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    @Simsophonique Aliens are awesome. Never have I played one in game as of yet.
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is as for myself I'm feeling a little poorly but it will pass so cya all later and Happy Simming

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top