Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »
    sims can play cards, there is a designated table.

What? Really? What table?

@Taquanda i do not have my game in english so i will not provide the proper name, but you have to search in the category where you can find 'don't wake the llama' table. it has a green cloth :)

Oh my god I really can't believe I never knew this. Thank you! My Sims gonna be playing cards all day long.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    kakey2003 wrote: »
    Poekie03 wrote: »
    I found out yesterday that Sims can use the computer and eat at the same time :)

Oh wow I never knew that! Does the bowl go to the side of the computer or on the computer's keyboard? :D

On the computer's keyboard :expressionless:
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016

There are currently 4 different tables that you can play cards/games on. The modern wood BG card table, portable camping card table (OR) and the 2 Llama tables that came with GT.

You can play cards or Don't wake the Llama or any of them, though you have to switch between them by clicking on the table in live mode.
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    Hard to mention something new here, but I found out the hard way that if you let your sim relax in the Sauna for too long, they might die of heat. :(

I recently also found out that your married sims can renew their vows after being married for a while! You just have to click on the wedding arch. This is similiar to The Sims 2 where you could celebrate wedding anniversary when your sims got old.
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello :) This is a picture of the table.
    NSNrwqA.png

@rosemow there is one more from GT with a green cloth as i don't have OR :)
    Origin ID: minimalcanary

NSNrwqA.png

The one with the green cloth is basegame.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

There are currently 4 different tables that you can play cards/games on. The modern wood BG card table, portable camping card table (OR) and the 2 Llama tables that came with GT.

You can play cards or Don't wake the Llama or any of them, though you have to switch between them by clicking on the table in live mode.

Hello
    This is a link to information about the llama table top game table that can also be used for playingcards.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-together-guide/#Llama
    EmmaVane wrote: »

NSNrwqA.png

The one with the green cloth is basegame.

wow so even better :) how come i did not see it from the beginning is beyond me :P
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I just ended up with a career chance card that got my Sim 1,000 simoleons for being loyal to the company! I'd never run across a big money one before. That was a nice surprise :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Not sure if I had a glitch or what, but I made a new family yesterday for one of my houses and when I went to play them both the Mother and Father already had the Police career. both were detectives.

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    This has probably been mentioned but I only realized this today, That when a sim is doing something, like painting repairing whatever it is, down on the left corner there is a pic of what their doing now this isn't new to me, what is, is the green band around the icon the more the circle is green the closer they are to finishing what they are doing, now this is new to me. I was thinking it would be great if we had an indication on how long it was going to take and how far has he finished repairing the sink. and I then thought EA wouldn't leave something like that out, where would they put it?? then it clicked. lol
    This has probably been mentioned but I only realized this today, That when a sim is doing something, like painting repairing whatever it is, down on the left corner there is a pic of what their doing now this isn't new to me, what is, is the green band around the icon the more the circle is green the closer they are to finishing what they are doing, now this is new to me. I was thinking it would be great if we had an indication on how long it was going to take and how far has he finished repairing the sink. and I then thought EA wouldn't leave something like that out, where would they put it?? then it clicked. lol

I have noticed this since day one but this can sometimes be misleading and inaccurate - sometimes the bar is not moving and then rushes to the end when the action is finished. Sometimes the action finishes earlier and the bar gets stuck somewhere in the middle and the icon disappears
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

I have noticed this since day one but this can sometimes be misleading and inaccurate - sometimes the bar is not moving and then rushes to the end when the action is finished. Sometimes the action finishes earlier and the bar gets stuck somewhere in the middle and the icon disappears

Ever since I noticed it, I now think of that bar as more of an estimation than an actual time...no idea if it's supposed to be like that though. Maybe it pauses periodically to take mood, moodlets and needs into account and goes based on that.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~

Ever since I noticed it, I now think of that bar as more of an estimation than an actual time...no idea if it's supposed to be like that though. Maybe it pauses periodically to take mood, moodlets and needs into account and goes based on that.

mostly i notice it in MH when they watch a movie, screen goes blank and the bar is still somewhere halfway. people reported it as a bug so i suppose this should not be behaving this way.
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    Cowplants will show their cake tongue during playtime.
    CB76B9P.png

This is after she nipped my sim's fingers. I think it's supposed to be like blowing a raspberry :p
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member

The llama game table can also be used for cards. If you click on it you get the option to change games. I wish they wold make it add chess too.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    After a sims' passing in your household your sim might get a text from a friend inviting them to talk about it at a Cafe or a Restaurant. Funny how in my game it was a ghost who texted my sim. :D

The llama game table can also be used for cards. If you click on it you get the option to change games. I wish they wold make it add chess too.

The basegame table actually mentions chess in its description, but doesn't allow you to switch to it.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member

Yah, I always thought of it this way too like a percentage of how much of it is done.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • kakey2003kakey2003 Posts: 38 Member
    The Sims 4 City Living apartments trailer was released today! One thing I noticed was that a stove in it was dirty, which I've never seen in my game before so I'm guessing they're bringing it back!
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Did not know that there is a reflection in the pool at all!
    1FKDfKj.png
  • kakey2003kakey2003 Posts: 38 Member
    Sims can be either left handed or right handed! I think that the default is right handed but you can actually make your sims left handed by using a certain cheat! I read this from a tweet by SimGuruDaniel, so I haven't tested it yet!
  • FleurFleur Posts: 7 New Member

Have you ever noticed some of the bar drinks in the game? Get a close-up view and you can see some of them pop, fizz, swirl, and
    other stuff.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I'm sure I'm late to the party noticing this, but did you know that the little boxes that pop up with texts (in the bottom left of the screen) match the colour of your Sims' phone case? I had a pink box pop up last night and I thought it was a graphical glitch until I remembered that I'd changed the colour of my Sim's phone to pink polka dots :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top