The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly Simmers here, having a chat, won't you join us?

Comments

• fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    blazerntq wrote: »
    @fxchrfxchr I will share her. Just give me a few moments and I will add her to the exchange.

Grabbed her and left a recommendation. Thank you!!!
    Firby nurbs!
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    Howdy everyone, sorry I'm late in getting in here today but today is ?
    You guessed it! Pizza and Sim day!! Whoot! Saturday is my day to Sim
    So come and join in and grab a soft drink and some pizza I'll be back later to do some posting
    Simmer Hugs and Happy Simming :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    BD5141 wrote: »
    Howdy everyone, sorry I'm late in getting in here today but today is ?
    You guessed it! Pizza and Sim day!! Whoot! Saturday is my day to Sim
    So come and join in and grab a soft drink and some pizza I'll be back later to do some posting
    Simmer Hugs and Happy Simming :)

Well Saturday is a work day for me but I still did find some time to play The Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 OMG! I know what you mean..That must make it very difficult lol
    @Simsophonique I've been around in these forums for a long time, so I'm very familiar with how friendly & helpful people are :) But it's always nice to meet and talk to NEW friendly people, that I haven't talked to before, such as you fine folks! :D
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
    @bee1977 Well I did only play for a short while. Took 10 minutes to save which was a bit annoying as it only took 7 minutes the last time but other than that it was business as usual and it gave me a chance to get some pictures of a beloved Sim :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EstyssEonEstyssEon Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello everyone :) I'm Eon, and I'm new to the forums but not to the Sims. I was just looking for a chit chat thread, glad to see there's one still with lots of activity. I'm kind of debating which store world I'm going to start saving for first; Hidden Springs or Sunlit Tides? And I'm also considering which expansion to get next: Into the Future, Seasons, Generations or University life? Do you guys have any recommendations? I've watched a few reviews on most of these things, but I'd appreciate any fellow Simmers' advice.
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @EstyssEon It all depends on your play-style soooo the answer is all of the above...lol
  • EstyssEonEstyssEon Posts: 12 New Member
    @imdragonit Yeah, basically in shortest terms possible I'd rather have content that adds new gameplay rather than mostly decor and clutter, if that makes sense. So with the store worlds I'm at an indecision, I guess I'm leaning more towards Sunlit Tides, particularly the Gold version. But as for expansions, it's a waaaaay harder decision on that regard, because they all add gameplay, and the ones I listed add the most gameplay that I'm looking forward to.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've spent a few days trying to get my hard drive cleared up and finally got that done using a file cleanup "program" aka external hard drive.
    @Chelsie92 -I've played a legacy in Gibsons for a while and only had the game crash once and it might've been that windows froze.
    @lizzielilyyyy -Hi there!I've got a signature link to my blog and there's rules for a town legacy challenge and a modified 100 baby challenge with links to download worlds because Gibsons is big enough for 100BC games.
    @Simsophonique -I hate ot when bad CC gets into the game.I also use the weather because it keeps the soap opera out of the game.I'm playing times where that soap opera doesen't fit.
    @BD5141 -I've moved files over to the external hard drive and there's more space on my computer.
    @bee1977 -Hi there!
    @blazerntq -Great pictures!
    @EstyssEon -Hi there!You listed packs I've already got for TS3 and I'd get all of them if the computer could handle them like mine can.I would only install and test one at a time to be sure it's working before testing another.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Winter-1551.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky woke up to a freakishly warm first winter morning and got ready for the day as their eggs hatched into chicks.
    29642061402_470359e0e9.jpg
    29753892065_3686a8e970.jpg
    29753885435_719fd38138.jpg
    Ami started cooking group meals to use for making preserves with their new canning station.
    29753878025_92369a2a3d.jpg
    They both listened to tabcasts while doing chores to learn alchemy.
    29128833553_91cc7f9bbd.jpg
    They both sat down and started writing on their laptops until bedtime though they got new sections of wall up for the new bedroom.
    29128831113_e095cc9615.jpg
    29128829713_93cecf15f1.jpg
    It was 8:30 in the evening when they went to bed for the night.
    29126754114_2c46bcc20c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Chelsie92Chelsie92 Posts: 57 Member
    Morning guys just wanted to ask im going to be looking at getting NRaaas today but im not sure what to do or which one to get. which one do you think is the best to get for a total novice in this area xx
    @TadOlson nice update :smile:

@Chelsie92 welcome to the forums :smile: I would recommend Master Controller and Overwatch.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @blazerntq Cute sim :love: And I like the dark colors with her dark skin then the trim in white.Very nice. <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @king_of_simcity7 thank you im fairly new to all this. iv been playing sims since 1 but never really bothered with the forums but im so glad i have now, its great. Thank you im going to look into them today just wasn't sure what to get x
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Chelsie92
    You will find the instructions for setting up your mods here: nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Install
    Scroll down to Bluenote00's checklist. It provides a step by step guide.

I have Overwatch, MasterController, ErrorTrap, Cupcake (for the bakery from Sims 3 store), Relativity, StoryProgression, Traffic and Register.

I'd recommend getting just one mod to start.
    Overwatch is the mod I started with. It helps keep your game 'healthy' and you don't need to interact with it (unless you want to). It provides you with reports and fixes issues.

I strongly suggest that you don't start with StoryProgression. It's fantastic but you need to tweak the settings.
    Thank you @wendyyi1 i will look into it, i have seen many people talk about and praise the story progression mod i willl look into that i think thankyou everyone xx
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Chelsie92 I'll just add that with StoryProgression it works well just on its default settings, meaning that you can just put it in your game and let it do its thing. If you have a specific style like rotation play or certain rules you like, you will need more time to understand the settings. It makes the town more alive by pushing sims into relationships, having children and pursuing careers. It really is a must for experiencing the game the way it should be :)

I also recommend ErrorTrap and Overwatch for minimising lag and cleaning up any glitches which could potentially corrupt your game.

As for your next expansions, Generations and University I would suggest if you like playing families more. Seasons is amazing but it's one of the most graphic intense packs (that being said, I love it to bits). Both ITF and Uni both have a new world to explore. I can't really choose between them :lol:
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Good day everyone!

screenshot_original.jpg
    hi @coco i have seasons and generations just saving to get uni life now. Thank you i will just let it play out i will probably leave the settings til im more confident with it. I love sims but i want the town to grow with my family and story progression seems the best option xx
    @blazerntq Nice new picture of Kathryn :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks! How are you and your sims doing today?
    @blazerntq I have put some pictures in the what happen in your game thread of a special date for two Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 I will take a look. :)
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I was playing a save where I only played a few eps and store items,ect . I can't believe how much I missed when a certain ep wasn't enabled and I needed it for something .in that household the kids are teens and I'll send them to university as I've enabled all eps and sps but I still don't have all my store items and i cut back on some cc clothes to where my game runs a lot better it seems
    Happy Simming!♥
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Simsophonique I've been around in these forums for a long time, so I'm very familiar with how friendly & helpful people are :) But it's always nice to meet and talk to NEW friendly people, that I haven't talked to before, such as you fine folks! :D
    @bee1977 Thanks , I know I am a newbie and we are numerous everyday to join and I am glad an old member is agree with me !
    @Simsophonique -I hate ot when bad CC gets into the game.I also use the weather because it keeps the soap opera out of the game.I'm playing times where that soap opera doesen't fit.
    @TadOlson
    Me too, I reinstalled my cc and everything went well, except I need my austin mini car I didn't redownload yet.It's an old car but I love it ! It gives a cool effect and I like to take pictures of it on streets ! Soap Opera ? I don't understand well what you mean.I know it's show like the young and the restless.

@Chelsie92 I got overwatch : Good to delete cars, switch off tv to clean your game .
    Error trap : good to fix routine issues when a sim is stuck on a place, fix some errors , it avoid stupid crashes .
    Master Controller
    I got story progression but I don't know if it's useful , a lot of people says it's far better than the ea progression but I don't think it's true sometimes !
    I also got carreer and traveller.
    I don't know if I need something else because they are hard to understand sometimes.

@EstyssEon Generations and Seasons for casual gameplay for sure .

@blazerntq Kathyn is gorgeous

Please does someone can explain me while a stakeout ,my simself pretends to see nothing whereas they are deals in front of her? I can't progress at all .I know stakeouts when you are gunshoes and up are longer than before , I don't think it's normal.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    @MemoriiValentine It is funny as once you have a new EP you very quickly forget what life was like before you installed it :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top