Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I've made the first update to our stories page. I might do a bit more editing, but here it is!

https://rlinmotion.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

In future posts, you can also feel free to add in some creative writing, almost like a scene from a screenplay or a poem. Even a witty caption is great. Creativity is appreciated!

I just thought that I'd quote this here in case some of you were hadn't heard of our thread (and sister blog) and were interested in reading, contributing, or both.

--RL

Cool, that's good stuff! :) Couple of TINY details about my story (such as it was, really more intro/update than "what's up" post), boy's name is Danilo (not Danila, although that's a good idea for a girl's name, so thanks! ;) ). Other thing is, Ingrid is an alien. Terra is pregnant (not Ingrid) by the PT.

(Yeah, I know, this is not the story thread. Pfft.)

Told you I was nitpicky. Saw one thing on the site, too, I'll PM you about (very small thing).

One thing I DON'T see there is a Navigation link on the site to get to the page you linked above. It isn't in the side menu... could it be? o:) Very cool page, but people going to the site from the main link won't know it's there... will they?

I actually just crawled out of bed for the night. So I looked at it, but I definitely plan to look again, after I've had some caffeine intervention, here.

How's 2.15, gang? Ups, downs? New stuff? Old stuff? All good?

Expect more. Cheerleader is in the house!
    itsug wrote: »
    Hmms, nice with a new version, especially like the copy/paste modifications. :)
    Also, I have started referring people on discord over here for questions or further information on MC CmD. :)

Awesome, and thanks for the heads up! :)
    AmaraStorm wrote: »
    Sweet new update!

I just started using relative speed last night, along with the other mod to correct career times. I didn't know there was an update for MC till I was just about to go to bed so I didn't test that feature just yet. I downloaded it, but I won't be able to really do any testing until I get off work at 5 est. If no one else beats me to the punch, I'll let you guys know if I run into any issues. :smile:

You might not need the 2nd mod for the career times now, DP did something different with relative time in 2.15. Details are in the change log. I'm just saying try it without the other mod, or, if you leave it in and something weird happens, let me know that, too. :) Proactive troubleshooting. :p

I'm always interested in LastException files and mc log entries. Such a nerd. But I groove on trying to figure out error messages. Weird hobby, eh?
    I had an idea for a discussion topic... Not a new thread, just something I'd like to hear more on you from here.

Limitations. How do you use MC to get around whatever you consider to be a game-imposed roadblock?

Big or small, for example, Pause on Zone is one of my FAVORITE things the mod does. I've had it enabled since he gave it to us. <3

There's more, of course, but I'm going to hold off on writing more of mine up, for now.

I'd rather hear from YOU. :)

If anybody else is thinking of the line, "how do I love thee? let me count the ways..." that's kind of where I'm coming from, I guess. ;)

Corny, huh? :blush:

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I had an idea for a discussion topic... Not a new thread, just something I'd like to hear more on you from here.

Limitations. How do you use MC to get around whatever you consider to be a game-imposed roadblock?

Big or small, for example, Pause on Zone is one of my FAVORITE things the mod does. I've had it enabled since he gave it to us. <3

There's more, of course, but I'm going to hold off on writing more of mine up, for now.

If anybody else is thinking of the line, "how do I love thee? let me count the ways..." that's kind of where I'm coming from, I guess. ;)

you corny never.lol. i don't have a mod for more than 8 sims per house but i'm playing 16 sims right now 2 households. my orginal couple not only got divorced they both married again and had more kids. which reminds me i love the child support option.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I use it to limit who (ghosts) gets culled and who doesn't. I've never had a population issue (yet), I usually prune out the generated townies myself.
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    I took out Galaxy's mod and so far my one sim that actually has a job is going in at the right time without it. Relative - speed set to 75. I was only able to really test one day in game as I didn't get to play much last night because of unexpected good news. (Hubby passed all his education re-certification tests, WOOT, we had to celebrate!) I didn't have any of the UI glitches that some of you mentioned. :) And, I don't think this is MC related, but I was having this issue when my sim went on dates and none of the tasks would complete and it would instantly fail. That's suddenly working again since the update. Weirdness.

As for limitations the mod fixes - for me definitely the culling thing. Well, it was that for sure in my previous save before my computer decided it hated me, Sims, Witcher 3, and anything else on it that made me happy. RIP's Avalice's, you will be missed. I was 5 generations into a legacy challenge (not even going to think of Witcher 3, sniffle). Blah. I lost a lot of progress and just haven't had the heart to go back and redo it. I had a HUGE family spread across 6 houses, and all kept in touch via GT clubs. I would have rage quit if they'd gotten culled.

I'm really interested in playing around with the life span settings. I can't stand infants, and normally play on long then switch to short for them to age up. It's on my to do list for tonight when I play, hopefully, barring anymore unforeseen life events. Although I'd be perfectly happy for more good ones like last night. :smiley:
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    Hi i do not feel like going through all the posts in here so i will just ask :p - before updating MC should i remove it completely first? Last time i did not do that and i noticed some settings not working properly. Can this be related?
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
    Hi i do not feel like going through all the posts in here so i will just ask :p - before updating MC should i remove it completely first? Last time i did not do that and i noticed some settings not working properly. Can this be related?

Leave your .cfg files in the folder. Delete the old .package and .ts4script files, and copy the new ones into the folder. Done. (Except for in game setup, new goodies.)

There's a picture posted not too far back of 2.15 installed here. I gotta go out in a minute, no time to find the link, it isn't far.

When you download 2.15 there's a Troubleshooter PDF file that I wrote for install questions. Take a look, and if you still need help, I'll be back in about an hour. Ish.

Two things are having issues that we know of, a couple of settings in certain UI menus. Occult and Age Span (New with 2.15.) If you have trouble, they can be edited in the config file using a text editor. If you need help doing that (anybody), let me know.

I'll be back!
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member

Leave your .cfg files in the folder. Delete the old .package and .ts4script files, and copy the new ones into the folder. Done. (Except for in game setup, new goodies.)

There's a picture posted not too far back of 2.15 installed here. I gotta go out in a minute, no time to find the link, it isn't far.

When you download 2.15 there's a Troubleshooter PDF file that I wrote for install questions. Take a look, and if you still need help, I'll be back in about an hour. Ish.

Two things are having issues that we know of, a couple of settings in certain UI menus. Occult and Age Span (New with 2.15.) If you have trouble, they can be edited in the config file using a text editor. If you need help doing that (anybody), let me know.

I'll be back!

Thanks! I will test it when i get back home :)
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
    edited September 2016
    Just saw this on MC's Description page, in big blue letters...
    NOTE that there is a bug in 2.15.0 for setting Alien Abduction Frequency in MC Occult!! The Occult_AlienFrequency setting in mc_settings.cfg will have to be manually changed for this release with a text-file editor. The values available for that setting are listed in the MC Occult section!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

(From EG: Age Span UI settings are snagging, also. Fix the same way.)

By the way, bookmark this page:

http://jsonlint.com/

If you edit your config file and something gets messed up, you can copy it (the whole thing, it'll fit) and paste it into the box at that website. Click the VALIDATE button at the bottom of the page. If it's okay, you'll get a green Valid JSON message.

If something isn't right, the page will highlight where the error is, AND tell you what the file is expecting in that spot.

Old school thing, from when we HAD to make changes using the config file. It isn't hard, but Python is picky, and anything in the wrong spot can set it off.

I've got your back on config file edits. Old hand. If you need help, holler. ;)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    NOTE that there is a bug in 2.15.0 for setting Alien Abduction Frequency in MC Occult!! The Occult_AlienFrequency setting in mc_settings.cfg will have to be manually changed for this release with a text-file editor. The values available for that setting are listed in the MC Occult section!

Is yours still snagging on this? Last night was the first chance I'd had to play around with these new age settings and mine seems ok so far (though I only had time to play for about 45 mins). Maybe I got lucky?!

Is yours still snagging on this? Last night was the first chance I'd had to play around with these new age settings and mine seems ok so far (though I only had time to play for about 45 mins). Maybe I got lucky?!

I think so. I got lucky like that once too, but it's a known issue that there's a bug or two running loose in 2.15's UI. Meh.

I think it depends on how MUCH editing (and where it is) you do, too... meaning, if you don't go into the 2 (so far) known areas of issues (Occult and Age Span), the rest of the menus have worked fine.

When I had a problem, it bounced me from the Age Span settings into both Desser and Pregnancy submenus. O.o stuff. I had to hit buttons at least 3 times to get anything to happen, too. Very strange things.
    Just a quick post, waiting to make the school run. I decided to give Relative time a try, I set my Game Time Speed to 33 (default 25). Not quite double (50), but a decent step.

I don't know if it's because of that, or because I've tiptoed back into adding some cc again, but some of my hospital births are not going swimmingly.

They're working overall, but some animations are off, and when I go the next time, I think I need to use freebuild (already enabled) to replace one of the birthing tables. Bassinet is still there, I just didn't see it in time to replace the table before the last birth I just had.

(Pictures & details later in the story thread. Finally got to a decent place to stop, but now I need to go out.)

It isn't a big deal, that I can tell. Just a little odd. I'll let you know if it turns into more than that.

BTW, I've also been fiddling with the Age Span Settings. I play on Long, the defaults are based on Normal. Multiply numbers by 4 to get the actual number of days (baby gets 8) for Long. (Look on the description page for Short if you're interested, I don't have it handy.)

Here's what mine are set on right now, these also get me away from things like adult Mortimer and YA Bella aging up on the same day, too. And teens and kids having the same birthdays. All cool, IMO.

"Age_Span_Baby": 2,
    "Age_Span_Child": 14,
    "Age_Span_Teen": 16,
    "Age_Span_YoungAdult": 23,
    "Age_Span_Adult": 22,
    "Age_Span_Elder": 21,

Time to go, I'll be back!
    I forgot to mention, adding the Relative time bounced me backwards at least 4 days in my week. From Sunday back to Wednesday, I think. So there'll be a little Time Warp going on. LOL!
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Im out of date about MC Command Center, also than waiting for City Living Im at GTA and Doom

My question is, as well we now have customizable genders, but only for CAS created sims, no for game generated sims

MC has at its population module a option to generate more than only males and females (straight)?
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Im out of date about MC Command Center, also than waiting for City Living Im at GTA and Doom

My question is, as well we now have customizable genders, but only for CAS created sims, no for game generated sims

MC has at its population module a option to generate more than only males and females (straight)?

I'm not sure, so I PM'd Deaderpool a link to your post. If he doesn't answer here himself, I'll let you know what he tells me. :)
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I forgot to mention, adding the Relative time bounced me backwards at least 4 days in my week. From Sunday back to Wednesday, I think. So there'll be a little Time Warp going on. LOL!

"Let's do the Time Warp again ....."
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2016

"Let's do the Time Warp again ....."

Now I totally have to do a Rocky Horror type family..... (and woot for Halloween and midnight screenings!) Wonder how many Frank-N_Furters are in the gallery now with the transgender update LOL!

My math skills are on the fritz and I couldn't figure out how to make the babies life span shorter on long with the age span settings with.25. (LOL, that could also have been related to the fact that I was half asleep and then ended up asleep at the computer last night. Thanks to auto and risky woohoo, we have a third baby on the way now..... thank you insomnia.)

I didn't notice the time bounce on my game when I instated relative this last time. I did the first time I tired it, which is why I put it back to EA default, but then the second time I didn't. I like the slower speed as I get more things done in a day and my family actually has time to do normal family things, but in some aspects of the game it makes it a bit frustrating. I might tweak it from 75 to 50. Let me know how 33 works for you @egwarhammer!
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @leo3487 I *think* I've figured out what you're asking. Population doesn't have any settings to allow you to generate sims that don't use the normal custom gender settings for their gender.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @leo3487 I *think* I've figured out what you're asking. Population doesn't have any settings to allow you to generate sims that don't use the normal custom gender settings for their gender.

I believed I expressed well. But you are right. I asked just what you think
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    I'm having an issue with the pregnancy scanner console command. I have my settings so that alien adbuctions will result in pregnancy for both male and female sims 100% of the time. My female sim was just abducted, and I tried using the preg_scan console command like it says on the MC Command Center download page (I typed in "preg_scan skylar hartfield") and nothing happened. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with the pregnancy scanner console command. I have my settings so that alien adbuctions will result in pregnancy for both male and female sims 100% of the time. My female sim was just abducted, and I tried using the preg_scan console command like it says on the MC Command Center download page (I typed in "preg_scan skylar hartfield") and nothing happened. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I just tried, it isn't working here, either. Try it from the Sim > MC UI... if you click on the pregnant sim and you have Show (Sim) Menus enabled, there'll be a MC list that comes up, under Pregnancy choose the first button, Pregnancy Phase, it will tell you what you want to know.

Not being pregnant would mean different buttons there.

leo3487 wrote: »
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

I believed I expressed well. But you are right. I asked just what you think

I was a *little* confused too, probably just an English vs "everything else" thing, though.

Here's what Deaderpool said:
    I have nothing on my TO DO list currently to generate trans-gender Sims autonomously. I could probably do it at some point, as it is only changing the CAS flags when the Sims are generated, but I have so much already on my list, it will probably be a long while before I could get to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top