March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Modelling Pictures

EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 3 Sims and Modeling
Ummm, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be sharing this or what, but I'd like to share with you guys my Instagram account I made for my sims. I just create sims and model them, then put the images up to instagram. I'd make a blog, but something about just making a blog to display images seemed boring.

Anyway, I really do enjoy creating avatar-like images/modelling sims in the sims 3 and would love to see what others do too!

If anyone doesn't have Instagram and would still like to see what I do, I could always share them here. And others can share theirs too! I'm not doing this for followers, or likes (because frankly I don't give a shizz about numbers on social media), I just want to share my work with others and see what others create too!

Apologies if there's another thread more suitable for this type of post. If there is, I'm sure I'll get moved anyway ;)

Enough babbling, Em! Check out my images here!
Post edited by EmzyDalsvida on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't have an Instagram, but these look interesting, Emzy. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    How sad, it's only you that's commented here and I bet you came here from the ultimate mafia link xD Oh well

Thank you! I do like creating them.
  • InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    You have some fabulous sims there. All the pics look amazing <3
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Very nice! I especially like the sim in the pic on the 4th row far right. She's really pretty. :) (I don't have instagram either)
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    They look great Em. :)
    We have another modeling forum if you want the link?
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    http://simmetrydesign.forumotion.com

Here you go, everyone is super friendly and there are some competitions offering sign ups right now!
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    Ummm, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be sharing this or what, but I'd like to share with you guys my Instagram account I made for my sims. I just create sims and model them, then put the images up to instagram. I'd make a blog, but something about just making a blog to display images seemed boring.

Check out my images here!

@emilzydiva It seems like an appropriate place for the thread to me. You like to model the sims, and this category is sims & modeling. Close enough. You mentioned you wanted to see what others could do. I thought of this photo shoot that i did a couple weeks ago:

More pictures here:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/GlassBoy/Sims%204/Dryad-shoot/

08-24-16_9-46-39nbspPM_1.jpg
    08-24-16_9-01-24nbspPM.jpg

@MeteoricDragon oooo is that poison ivy? Or a sim inspired by poison ivy? or a sim that just happens to coincidentally look like poison ivy? Bahahaha

I really love those! I love that she blends in a lot too, like that is her home for sure.

I did similar "one with nature" type shots
    I'll put them up on imgur (I hate photobucket. It takes so long to upload anything and sometimes they don't even work properly.

Here ya go http://imgur.com/a/TNe7n

I used lights and coloured them and fog machines from Late Night for different effects and whatnot. I'm not sure what's available for ts4 but it's sooo worth playing around with things like lights and such to improve in-game 'photography'

Taking screenshots is like, a skill. If anyone asks you're a professional okay? Cool. xD

• EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
    Great screen shots!
    edited September 2016
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    @MeteoricDragon oooo is that poison ivy? Or a sim inspired by poison ivy? or a sim that just happens to coincidentally look like poison ivy? Bahahaha

I really love those! I love that she blends in a lot too, like that is her home for sure.

I did similar "one with nature" type shots
    I'll put them up on imgur (I hate photobucket. It takes so long to upload anything and sometimes they don't even work properly.

Here ya go http://imgur.com/a/TNe7n

I used lights and coloured them and fog machines from Late Night for different effects and whatnot. I'm not sure what's available for ts4 but it's sooo worth playing around with things like lights and such to improve in-game 'photography'

Taking screenshots is like, a skill. If anyone asks you're a professional okay? Cool. xD

@EternalRose @emilzydiva Thanks much, I thought and planned that picture shoot very thoroughly. Even in selecting the poses used. :)

That is my sim Britney, posing as a Dryad. The poison ivy resemblance is coincidental. It was the closest I knew how to get to making my artistic interpretation of a dryad. I wanted to put flowers in her hair, but couldn't find hair like that. Also wanted patches of bark on her skin.

She decided to do some Cosplay at Granite Falls National Park. She brought her niece to take pictures of her. Photo shoot time!. Poor girl did a lot to look this artistic. She had to spend a total of 18 hours at a studio while 2 artists painted her outfit on, and glued some props in place. and when posing in the forest, she kept getting bugged by bugs!

CC used:

Poison Ivy Tattoo by Maclimes

Ivy Body Vines by Nolan Sims
    Bomb Hair by Lucas Sims <- Which is a volume enhancement to some hair from Outdoor Retreat Expansion
    Poses are by Dearkim, packs are Gemini and T_Time.

When I took the pictures, I had to choose poses that I thought were confident, and beautiful, but not seductive. Dryads, are born of trees and have no need for sex, so it wouldn't' make sense for one to be seductive. Britney is a bombshell of a woman, so this was hard to pull off.

I haven't had any problems with photo bucket. Their user interface could use some improvement, but other than that they seem ok.

Your pictures are well done. The backdrop is excellent. Have you considered trying to re-create that in sims 4?
    edited September 2016
    Duplicate post ***
    @MeteoricDragon It is a lot of work for sure, especially trying to find poses online and stuff that will bring out the character and image you want for screenshots.

And no, I don't play ts4. I tried it but didn't like it much. Perhaps I might if there's now a poseplayer type thing now for it that isn't just in CAS. I might download cc and try out posing photoshoots.

I don't have enough space on my pc though anymore because I had to make room for other games and I didn't play ts4 after like a month after it came out xD
  • Monkeydude40Monkeydude40 Posts: 10 New Member
    Love the Poison Ivy Look-alike. Very Cool :) Got to love the whole super-villain thing. Talking of which - I can't actually post clickable links yet but this should be easy enough to copy and paste into the address bar : //goo.gl/photos/BVVtJ131ZT1VdWwc6 . Just needs https in front of the address.
  • LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    Look great!! <3
  • rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    Whoa they are fantastic, just got to say I think your creations are breathless really stunning, very well created <3
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them