Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with the new Origin: Can't purchase games

NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
I have a small question. How on earth are the games purchased after the latest update? I don't see any buy button, I can only "learn more" about a game.

I wanted to buy a stuff pack with the ORIGIN50 code today.

bI7Zx0.gif
Download below
Post edited by NatKingSim on

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    There should be a Store button on the left hand side of the screen. Search for the item you want and then click on it (which brings up the Learn More bar when you just hover over it) and it will bring you to the page for the item you should have the option to buy it (if you don't have it) or play it (if you already have it) or in the case of City Life the option to pre-order it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your answer. It's so strange that I don't see an option to buy it. I have restarted but that didn't work either. I am stuck like this (picture below):

35hr429.jpg
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    You can buy the packs through the ' extra content' tab .
    Click on Game library. Then click on the sims 4 picture. It will bring up another screen. The extra content tab is underneath the sims 4 picture section where you can press play to launch the game. Press the "extra content " tab and the packs you don't own can be bought there.
    If you are still having issues, you can go to the Origin store site and buy the packs there. You can add them to your shopping cart there.
    https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse
  • Options
    Did you try completely logging out and the shutting down Origin completely? If yes then I'd try to contact customer service because that's definitely not what it should look like.

This is what my Perfect Patio Looks Like:
    2gvu4uh.jpg
    (with the Play option grayed out because I'm currently in the game) but that's where the option to purchase it should be if you don't have it.

Like here with City Life Where I have the Option to Pre-Order it in that same spot:
    4kic1w.jpg
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Click on Game library. Then click on the sims 4 picture. It will bring up another screen. The extra content tab is underneath the sims 4 picture section where you can press play to launch the game. Press the "extra content " tab and the packs you don't own can be bought there.
    If you are still having issues, you can go to the Origin store site and buy the packs there. You can add them to your shopping cart there.

Do you know if the promo codes can be used if I do it in the game? I started the process there but I didn't go through with it because I didn't see any space for the code. That's why I wanted to do it through Origin instead, but it doesn't work.

The Origin store on the internet and the Origin client on my computer don't have any option to buy or add to chart. I can't find those options. I added a picture of how it looks in my previous comment.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I'm having the exactly same issue, I can't find "add to cart" anywhere and both downloaded origin and website look the same to me.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    @3KNPEN Thank you for your picture, I had a feeling something was wrong with my Origin. I did log out and log in. And it was also fully updated yesterday or the day before... So strange... I will restart the computer and then contact customer service.

Now I know how it should look like at least! Thanks again!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    I'm having the exactly same issue, I can't find "add to cart" anywhere and both downloaded origin and website look the same to me.

Very interesting. Did you also want to buy a pack with the new promo code?
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Yeah I would try completely restarting the computer if you haven't since the update. It didn't it needed a restart but you never know sometimes computers have their own minds about what they want or not lol. I honestly didn't check these pages yesterday (since I am currently up-to-date on everything and don't plan to pre-order City Life) after I updated and before I shut down my computer last night so I don't know for sure if it looked like this for me yesterday or if it needed a restart to work properly or not but it's worth a shot.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    NatKingSim wrote: »

Very interesting. Did you also want to buy a pack with the new promo code?

@NatKingSim Yes I was looking forward to buy the last stuff packs I needed to complete my collection, I'm so disappointed right now :(
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.

Do you know if the promo codes can be used if I do it in the game? I started the process there but I didn't go through with it because I didn't see any space for the code. That's why I wanted to do it through Origin instead, but it doesn't work.

The Origin store on the internet and the Origin client on my computer don't have any option to buy or add to chart. I can't find those options. I added a picture of how it looks in my previous comment.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Another simmer has posted that the promo code could be used when doing it through the Origin client through the extra content tab. There was an option to put in the promo code when getting to the reviewing the order step . I haven't tested it, but they said that they were able to do it there.You would need to purchase the packs individually this way though, because of there being no add to cart option. You could try doing it but don't press the payment button unless you can find the space to enter the code.
    Edit : The simmer was buying the pack after installing the new origin version but before the new origin site was released/updated. There may now be a place to put in the promo code before reviewing the order. I just wanted to edit in this, because I didn't want any simmers to miss out on redeeming the code!
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2016
    At first I thought the new Origin launcher was nice but now I am rethinking it. The launcher is too cluttered for me It covers most of my games in library when I am DLing and it has repetitive panels for status of DLs when you only need one. Unclutter the launcher and I might like it more.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    I restarted my computer, it didn't work. Looks the same.

@wickedangell666 But, in the game, I finally found the little promo space in "downloadable content" tab. Choose a pack -> choose "check out" -> click on small orange arrowhead. Finally! I was so frustrated!

2ytnw35.jpg
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you for always helping out!

@Goldmoldar I've just told (loudly) to my husband over the phone that I hate all new technology and these endless creative and "function-oriented" updates, that I want to uninstall all my games, sell my computer and use an old typewriter to write my thesis...lol
    And I am supposed to belong to the tech-friendly generation Y! :s

I really don't like the latest updates to Origin... It looks strange...don't like it... Now I've completely lost interest to check out my newly installed pack.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    @NatKingSim I'll try that and see if I'm lucky! Right now I can't do anything because I can't see the cart button or the button to buy :(

Well, let's see if I can do anything, thanks for the tip.
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for always helping out!

@Goldmoldar I've just told (loudly) to my husband over the phone that I hate all new technology and these endless creative and "function-oriented" updates, that I want to uninstall all my games, sell my computer and use an old typewriter to write my thesis...lol
    And I am supposed to belong to the tech-friendly generation Y! :s

I really don't like the latest updates to Origin... It looks strange...don't like it... Now I've completely lost interest to check out my newly installed pack.
    Technology is a blessing when it is done right and a curse when it screws up.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Same for me. No buy button appearing even after restarting my computer. I've tried on internet. I can buy stuff packs, but there is no "Add to cart" option and I have to buy immediately my items one after another, which is really making me angry. I didn't buy anything because I think I have time before the end of the promo and I hope they solve this.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options

@wickedangell666 But, in the game, I finally found the little promo space in "downloadable content" tab. Choose a pack -> choose "check out" -> click on small orange arrowhead. Finally! I was so frustrated!

2ytnw35.jpg

Hey I bought my stuff packs after seeing you comment and YAY! Could buy everything at the same time with the promo code. Thanks !
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @fabeme Could you install them? Now I can't find the installation option. In the game I got a message that a pack is ready to be installed, while in the Origin client I can't find a button to make it happen. The usual instructions that came to my email seem to be outdated, it says to navigate to "my games" tab. There is no "my games" tab!
    :(

SOLVED: Had to click on "Reload Game Library" in "Games" tab for the installation option to show up in my "Game Library".
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    @fabeme Could you install them? Now I can't find the installation option. In the game I got a message that a pack is ready to be installed, while in the Origin client I can't find a button to make it happen. The usual instructions that came to my email seem to be outdated, it says to navigate to "my games" tab. There is no "my games" tab!
    :(

SOLVED: Had to click on "Reload Game Library" in "Games" tab for the installation option to show up in my "Game Library".

OH yeah I had to restart origin for my new packs to show. After that I opened the info on the Sims 4 in my library and clocked on the next option (bonus I think?) then I clicked download on each stuff I bought.

Seriously, this update is awful. I can't understand how they could release this like that.
  • Options
    fabeme wrote: »

2ytnw35.jpg

Hey I bought my stuff packs after seeing you comment and YAY! Could buy everything at the same time with the promo code. Thanks !

Hello @fabeme :) It is great that you have bought the stuff packs ! The promo discount code is great! You will enjoy having the items from the packs in your game :)
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    Happy I googled this because I thought I was going crazy! Too bad we can't use the code on preordering the next EP! :) But I did get Dine Out for 9.99!
  • Options
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    Happy I googled this because I thought I was going crazy! Too bad we can't use the code on preordering the next EP! :) But I did get Dine Out for 9.99!

Hello @dmama1314
    It is great that you have bought Dine Out at the discount price! Your sims will enjoy running their own restaurants or going out for a meal. Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    @NatKingSim You said earlier "in game" did you mean you started the sims and chose "downloadable content" while in TS4? My origin has no "checkout" button or "shopping cart" so I was curious...
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg