Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is Sims Free play

just as the title says, what is it and is it worth playing?? can I play it on my comp or is it a phone game??

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited September 2016
    In my opinion NO. It's just a too limited gameplay for me.
    Post edited by Simsister2004 on
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Perhaps you could look into my thead at the Sims Freeplay forum? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/898247/what-is-sims-freeplay#latest

Thank you @Simsister2004 it's a shame it isn't played on a PC. like one of the simmers said, I don't have a mobile device and I wouldn't be able to use it if I did due to arthritis. :'( But I also don't like the idea of in App purchases.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Perhaps you could look into my thead at the Sims Freeplay forum? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/898247/what-is-sims-freeplay#latest

Thank you @Simsister2004 it's a shame it isn't played on a PC. like one of the simmers said, I don't have a mobile device and I wouldn't be able to use it if I did due to arthritis. :'( But I also don't like the idea of in App purchases.

I used to play a Sim game via Facebook. It has been a while so I do not know if it is still around or it became Sims free style. I think it was called Sim Social or something like that and was on the PC.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I used to play a Sim game via Facebook. It has been a while so I do not know if it is still around or it became Sims free style. I think it was called Sim Social or something like that and was on the PC.

Sims Social was shut down shortly after a feud between EA and some random company who 90% copied the game and put it on Facebook as well. They created Freeplay after.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited September 2016

Sims Social was a Facebook game which was completely different from the Sims Freeplay. Sims Social was launched in 2011 but like SimCity Social and Pet Social closed down in 2013.

Like the Sims Social also the Sims Freeplay was released in 2011. But it was an iOS game which later (in February 2012) also was released for Android. In December 2012 it was released for Amazon Kindle Fire and in September 2013 also for Windows Phone 8. Then in December 2013 the Sims Freeplay was also released for Blackberry 10.

EA could easily release the Sims Freeplay also for Windows (7, 8 and 10) - like Game Insight did with the Tribez which is a very similar game and like Realore did with the game Farm Up. But EA won't - probably because EA doesn't want it on the same platform as the Sims 4.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Erpe wrote: »

EA could easily release the Sims Freeplay also for Windows (7, 8 and 10) - like Game Insight did with the Tribez which is a very similar game and like Realore did with the game Farm Up. But EA won't - probably because EA doesn't want it on the same platform as the Sims 4.

I can confirm that this isn't the case. We develop The Sims FreePlay for mobile devices, exclusively. It's not really whether or not it would be "easy" to port to PC, it's simply that we only design TSFP for mobile use, not PC and we will continue to do that. We will continue to design and optimize the game for mobile devices only and continue to bring The Sims experience to mobile devices.

Hopefully that helps clarify things :)
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Thanks SimGuruEmma. It was nice to have someone with real knowledge clarify things. Have a nice day. :wink:
    It is still a somewhat new marketing policy from EA though because earlier EA didn't mind having another (but smaller and different) Sims game on the same platform as the big mainline games. Both the 3 Sims Story Line games and the Sims Medieval are examples of this.

But EA's marketing policy for the Sims games has changed and EA doesn't even make console versions or mobile versions of the Sims 4 like EA did with both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. Sims games for consoles aren't even made at all anymore. So now EA's marketing policy seems to be to have the Sims 4 as a PC-only game and to have the Sims Freeplay only on all (but very many) mobile platforms.
    It is still a somewhat new marketing policy from EA though because earlier EA didn't mind having another (but smaller and different) Sims game on the same platform as the big mainline games. Both the 3 Sims Story Line games and the Sims Medieval are examples of this.

But EA's marketing policy for the Sims games has changed and EA doesn't even make console versions or mobile versions of the Sims 4 like EA did with both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. Sims games for consoles aren't even made at all anymore. So now EA's marketing policy seems to be to have the Sims 4 as a PC-only game and to have the Sims Freeplay only on all (but very many) mobile platforms.

For clarification, this is not a, or part of, a marketing policy (it's not a decision a marketing department would make). These sorts of decisions as a whole are not taken lightly and unfortunately I don't have any news or insight regarding such decisions.
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis

For clarification, this is not a, or part of, a marketing policy (it's not a decision a marketing department would make). These sorts of decisions as a whole are not taken lightly and unfortunately I don't have any news or insight regarding such decisions.
    I didn't mean it like that. What I actually meant is that it must be EA's top (CEO and Board of Directors) who take such decisions about which games EA will release and for which platforms. But EA's top wouldn't take such decisions without getting information and advice from the marketing department who probably know more about the market than anybody else.

In the forum people instead often assume that it is the developers (Firemonkeys or Maxis) who just make the games as they want them. But I can't believe that EA's top would ever allow that before they have decided how the games should be to get high sales numbers and information about the market and from EA's market investigations must be vital for that. I see the developers as experts in making the games but not at all as the experts in the market and in the way to market the games. So I wouldn't believe that EA's top would do that either.
    Thank you for your clarification @Erpe :)
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    so the only sims game for my tablet is sims free play?? which if I remember plays in real time. I tried playing it but I have my own life to live in real time, and in real time it doesn't take me 8 hours to harvest a tomato plant.
    pity it couldn't be like sims for the PC, I would love to be able to download my sims from my library onto my tablet and play them on the bus, that would be awesome. <3
    so the only sims game for my tablet is sims free play?? which if I remember plays in real time. I tried playing it but I have my own life to live in real time, and in real time it doesn't take me 8 hours to harvest a tomato plant.
    pity it couldn't be like sims for the PC, I would love to be able to download my sims from my library onto my tablet and play them on the bus, that would be awesome. <3
    If your tablet is an iPad then you can still buy the following games for it:
    Sims 3
    Sims 3 World Adventures
    Sims 3 Ambitions

They are paid games and therefore not in real time. But the Sims Freeplay is a much better tablet game IMO.
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I've been playing it the last 3 days I think? And I actually like it, I'm not far from level 9.
    SimChickee wrote: »
    I've been playing it the last 3 days I think? And I actually like it, I'm not far from level 9.
    I like it too and I am at level 55 which is the max level and allows you to have 34 sims. But I think that it took me at least half a year to reach that level ;)

Even though I have been at the max level for many months and have built all buildings (except some houses which I don't have enough sims to inhabit anyway) there are still many things inside the buildings which I haven't been able to build yet too. So I am still playing :)
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    I like it too and I am at level 55 which is the max level and allows you to have 34 sims. But I think that it took me at least half a year to reach that level ;)

Even though I have been at the max level for many months and have built all buildings (except some houses which I don't have enough sims to inhabit anyway) there are still many things inside the buildings which I haven't been able to build yet too. So I am still playing :)

Wow that's awesome, congrats on being max level.