Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simply Twisted: Cycle 1-Cancelled

ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
Simply%20Twisted%20banner.png
Welcome to the 1st cycle of Simply Twisted! The revamped and co-ed version of my infamous competition, Little Miss Twisted. Much like LMT, this is a competition where the assignments are a little bit twisted. Some assignments will be downright wicked and some may be typical modeling shots, but let's just say something will always be a bit sinister about them. So expect assignments ranging from Gothic, grunge, and various alternative styles when signing up. As for your models, I'm looking for dark, brooding, and the slightly insane! The more insane and beautiful, the better! So don't be afraid! Just be disturbed and delighted as this will be one heck of a ride! Are you brave enough?

-Sincerely, your mysterious host

Sims 3 & 4 sims allowed! Male & Female!
Supernatural sims are allowed, but make sure you pick a sim can adjust to different looks and themes.

Simmetry Thread
Simtech Thread

STwisted-Rules_1.png
-No fighting! Be nice! Please direct your complaints to the complaint center a.k.a me! *sigh*
-Be creativity! No copying!
-Editing is allowed, but not required! (Examples: Pose combining, drawing of any kind, etc.)
-Poses and CC are definitely allowed, but not required!
-No photo-skinning.
-Extensions are granted if asked a day/24 hours before the due date
-Extensions are only granted to those who ask
-Extensions are 2 days at less special circumstances
-Due dates will follow Pacific Standard Time, but I'm flexible.
-Points will be deducted if you're late without an extension
-Use the spoiler tags if you're pic is too edgy and explicit
-More importantly....have fun!

STwisted-Models_1.png
STModelwall5.png

Needs to check in
Ina with Nora Queen
Vana with Ace Yamada

Checked in

Assignments in
lionpaws with Lachlan Maguire

Extension Granted

STwisted-Judges_1.png
Judge-Jojo_1.pngJudge-Vid_2.pngJudge-Socal_2.png

STwisted-scoring_2.png
/10 Photo Presentation
/10 Creativity
/10 Quality
/10 Fashion
/10 Creep Factor
/50 Total

*NEW*
/10 Photo Presentation
/10 Creativity
/10 Quality
/10 Fashion
/10 Twisted
/50 Total

Photo Presentation- Is your photo pleasing to the eye?
Creativity- Is your photo creative enough? Is it unique or interesting?
Quality- Any clipping? Is it too dark or too light? Basically bad editing and wonkiness.
Fashion- Is your outfit on point? Does it fit the assignment? (Includes hair, makeup & accessories)
Creep Factor-Is your photo dark or creepy enough? Does it fit the Twisted theme?
Twisted- Is your photo dark or creepy enough? It warped take on the assignment? Is it Twisted?
Post edited by ColorMePink on

Comments

• ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited February 2017
    STwisted-Assignments_1.png
    Finale- Scream Scene
    Welcome to the finale my final 3! You all did a terrific job bringing the terror and fancy throughout this competition, but now it’s time to bring it all to an end. So let’s honor what fuels and inspires our twisted little minds. Let’s honor the truly terrifying art of the horror genre in film! You all know those iconic scenes that have been part of the fabric of our world’s obsession with being scared. Well it’s time you depict a scene from one of those classic horror flicks and make it editorial to end things on scary glamorous note. So your photo should be magazine worthy take on a horror classic. You can handle that right? Only 1 can grab the crown and be the ultimate scream queen or king! Will it be you?

Scarlett-Johansson-Psycho-Shower-Scene-V-Video.pngLea-Michele.jpg

David-Love_Horror7.jpg

Requirements
    -Scene from a classic or popular horror movie. Please tell us the title and include a pic or video from the scene.
    -Bodyshot. From head to your little toes.
    -Styling is up to you, but remember it’s a magazine type of photo shoot
    -Any setting and extras are allowed, but make sure it’s similar or a tribute to the scene you’re depicting.

Due Date: February 27th, Monday! Extensions may be granted.

STwisted-Entries_1.png

lionpaws with Lachlan Maguire
    lachla20.jpg

The inspirational picture:
    servei10.jpg

Ina with Nora Queen

Vana with Ace Yamada
    edited February 2017
    STwisted-scores_1.png
    Well this was one disturbing semi-finale! Worth the wait I hope. Anyway, two of you dropped out unfortunately leaving us in a bit of a predicament! This is definitely not a double elimination round anymore, so pay very close attention to the results at the end. ;) As for Amy and Strawberrigurl, we miss you already. Strawberrigurl good luck getting inspired and good luck with life! I have a feeling we will see you again in another cycle. As for Amy, we wish her a speedy recovery and hope her health improves. We were definitely worry about you miss. :)

Ok no more delays! Here are your scores finale 3!

1st Ina with Nora Queen
    PHOTO
    Simtech Link
    Judge-Vid2.png
    8/10 Photo Presentation
    7.5/10 Creativity
    9/10 Quality
    8.5/10 Twisted
    33/40 Total
    Oooo this is simply nightmarish! So creepy! It’s a bit simplistic, but at the same time it’s not. All the creepy little details like the spiders, the webs, the bloody makeup, and the protruding bones really helps sell the twisted nature of this. The stitched mouth does look a little odd though. Is that thread or blood? I also gotta say that this sorta similar to the example pic. Not a bad thing, but I wish there was more to this. Something more different to wow me!

Judge-Jojo2_1.png
    8.5/10 Photo Presentation
    8.7/10 Creativity
    8.9/10 Quality
    9/10 Twisted
    35.1/40 Total
    This picture reminds me of the original picture I saw in the example. All close together and all in the same order too. I like the dark side of it with the blood and the skin effects with the bones showing under the skin. It makes it seem like a dead person, but not. Maybe some kinda supernatural being … which is creepy! I like you’re editing with the beautiful light and shade along with the simple but effective background. Spiders are an instant 'ick' factor for me, so I think you did really well.

Judge-Socal2.png
    8/10 Photo Presentation
    7.5/10 Creativity
    9/10 Quality
    8/10 Twisted
    32.5/40 Total
    You never fail to impress, and the key to that is your attention to detail. There isn’t a lot going on, but everything that is in this picture is there for a purpose. Nora’s skeleton looking skin, but long hair create a juxtaposition that I totally get. The make-up is simple but effective and the spiders tie in the creepiness.
    Judges Total: 100.6/120

2nd Vana with Ace Yamada
    PHOTO
    Simmetry Design link
    Judge-Vid2.png
    7.5/10 Photo Presentation
    9/10 Creativity
    7.5/10 Quality
    8/10 Twisted
    32/40 Total
    Yessss Vana! Thank you for doing an scene rather than a portrait type of shot. You’re the only one to do that. I also love how Cam is large and in charge with a harem of Aces. Lucky guy. lol Now I gotta say that is sorta cluttered and confusing. I see “See No Evil” and “Speak No Evil”, but “Hear No Evil” is on the side with some weird looking head piece thing over his ears. What is that? Seems like that Ace was an afterthought. I do like the setting and idea of the overall scene, but I wish the focus was more on the senses (see, speak, and especially hear). I think you could have zoomed in more too. Nevertheless, I’m happy you tried do something completely different with this. Awesome work!

Judge-Jojo2_1.png
    8/10 Photo Presentation
    9/10 Creativity
    8.5/10 Quality
    9/10 Twisted
    34.5/40 Total
    To me this looks like a really creepy role play of sorts. All the characters are there and all playing a part with their odd features. I noticed all the different skin textures and the entire scene. It looks great … the darkness of the actual shot and the dark clothes all fits well into the idea of this contest. But on another angle it also has my eyes wandering all over the place. At first the guy on the couch I thought was the one without hearing… until in the dark I saw the other guy on his knees. Complicated shot yes, but still fantastic.

Judge-Socal2.png
    8.5/10 Creativity
    7/10 Quality
    8/10 Twisted
    31/50 Total
    You definitely took the Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil and put your creative Vana twist to it. This is definitely the creepiest entry you have given us (and seeing your past assignments that is saying a lot). There is just too much other stuff going on. It distracts you and pulls the attention away from Ace. And Ace has such a unique and powerful style it is a shame to see all of the other clutter in the picture take away from it.
    Judges Total: 97.5/120

3rd  lionpaws with Lachlan Maguire
    PHOTO
    Simtech link
    Judge-Vid2.png
    8/10 Photo Presentation
    8.5/10 Creativity
    8/10 Quality
    9/10 Twisted
    33.5/40 Total
    Yep! I’m officially frightened! This actually startled me when you posted it. It’s disturbing in the most awesome way! I love how you use different creepy crawlies to depict each lost of sense. The worms gross me out especially! Ewwww! It’s such a creative take on the proverb! It’s a shame you didn’t get creative with the background. I think that’s what’s missing here. Otherwise, it’s one of the more creative takes on this. One thing tho. Try to fix the glitchy bend on the elbow next time too with smudge. Just a minor thing. Keep up the good work!

Judge-Jojo2_1.png
    8/10 Creativity
    8/10 Quality
    8.6/10 Twisted
    32.1/40 Total
    Oh my goodness so creepy, bugs and stuff coming out of mouths and eyes is just something you would see from the dead… it gives me the creeps makes me shiver a bit which means you did the task right! Because simply twisted is always about the creepy and the twisted. While all your content is here, it does seem a little bit beige. Like it needs that extra something to make your picture more interesting. Perhaps a really creepy background or something would have done the job.

Judge-Socal2.png
    8/10 Photo Presentation
    8.5/10 Creativity
    7/10 Quality
    8/10 Twisted
    31.5/50 Total
    I can’t even begin to tell you how creepy this photo is. You picked my least favorite creepy crawly animals and used them in this picture. But it was in a very creative way what represents the See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil. The only real opportunity that I can see here is that a different background. The black is a bit basic and makes the overall picture darker than it really is.
    Judges Total: 97.1/120

No eliminations! Technically 2 were eliminated and lionpaws entry for the finale is already in since she's on vacay. Might as well judge it. Good luck with the finale folks! :D 
    edited December 2016
    Reserved
    edited September 2016
    Sign-ups are open. I'm hosting this on Simmetry too, but I wanted to make sure my Sims 4 peeps felt included. :)

I do encourage you join Simmetry tho. We have 3 comps looking for sign-ups right now. :#
  • STASIBOMBSTASIBOMB Posts: 45 Member
    Cool :smile:

I probably won't enter, but I'm keen to see all the gothic sims people create!
    edited September 2016
    Aw you sure? Well I love lurkers, so I'm glad you'll be lurking. :smiley:
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Fudge. I am sooooooo tempted. I have been craving something like this. Have no time. *cries a little* How long are the assignment times?
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Ooooooh I've been waiting for an alternative/gothic comp, reserve me please! I'm excited about this! :D
    edited September 2016
    @strawberrigurl About a week or so. I'm pretty easy going though. Along as you don't take forever and we're not waiting on you all the time. :D

@kittymeow Reserved!!! So happy you joined! I love your avi. :)
    Ok. It's getting late for me, so excuse me if I don't answer right away. I'm probably sleep. :D I'll remember to check back here tomorrow tho. It's been so long since I posted a thread here. I forgot how tags worked. lol

So far Maggie & Vana have joined on Simmetry. I want at least 7 models/contestants if possible. ;)
    @ColorMePink I'm sold with only 10 spots to fill. No worries on that account, I try and nearly always succeed in making deadlines w/o extensions. I just have to decide if I'm going to be brave enough to enter a male in this comp. Yikes.
    mWC1gjz.gif
    YAY! :smiley: Glad you're joining.

Hehe I love male models so much, but they can be hard to dress sometimes. I'm excited no matter who you choose tho. <3
    YAY! :smiley: Glad you're joining.

Hehe I love male models so much, but they can be hard to dress sometimes. I'm excited no matter who you choose tho. <3

Woot! Thanks. I'm excited for this comp as well.
    mWC1gjz.gif
    @strawberrigurl About a week or so. I'm pretty easy going though. Along as you don't take forever and we're not waiting on you all the time. :D

@kittymeow Reserved!!! So happy you joined! I love your avi. :)

Thank you!! :)
    @Jendowoz0612 @SimsORIGfan @NShippudenFan just tagging incase you're interested. :)
  • NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    Meeeeeee plzzzzz. I wanna reserve :3
    Can't stop, won't stop.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Oh, what the heck! I'd like to reserve a spot as well XD ;).
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

Hmm...now I have to decide which sim of mine I'll use, lol XD. To be honest, I don't have a lot of time due to school and other comps, but whatever. I'm gonna try this anyway XD.

@Neverfalle Reserved!!!! :D

@NShippudenFan Yay! Reserved! :) I'm not to harsh when it comes to extensions and more time, so no worries.

4 spots left? How exciting! Wooo! B)
    @ColorMePink Cool ;).

One question, does the model we pick need to be "dark" and "gothic"? I have some sims who may fit that category XD. But I wanted to ask and make sure

@NShippudenFan No not necessarily, but it would help. :D
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    This looks great Vid! Definitely my kind of thing. Not sure I'll be able to balance it though. Year Ten is hard :#
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
    Hey Erin. Thanks. Good luck with school. If you just lurk, I'm happy. :blush:<3
    By nickname do you mean ours or our models? And do we just need a headshot? :)
    Sign-up Sheet
    Nickname (aka name you want to be called): I think she means name we want to be called since some people have really long or crazy names that are hard to type.
    Model's name:
    Head shot (plain background, any color):
    Bodyshot: (plain background, any color):

sorry if I jumped the gun and got it wrong.
    mWC1gjz.gif