Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your opinions on City Living changed?

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    We get a new world - Yeah!!!!!
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Meh, I have a feeling we will only be able to have apartments in the new world, so there for can't build our own (I hope I am wrong).
    No new life stage, or even hint at a pet. I want a hamster for my apartment.
    I feel it's all smoke screens so far, the things in it look like they will get boring pretty fast.
    But I will wait for reviews and stuff before I completely make up my mind.
    But I am still Meh about it.
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    Nope it hasn't changed, Ive been excited about this from since the leaks have started. Im an open minded person and like how sims 4 is. Plus I have a feeling this pack is going to make apperciate Get together club system a lot more, considering how I rarely play with it.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Wow, I thought you guys would be more excited than this cuz a lot of people here are always wishing for apartments and now we're getting it...?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member

I'm really optimistic about this LP, I was really meh about GT but I think the fact that they're bringing back objects and stuff that I personally missed and really enjoyed from previous games plus the new festival themes are cool, the cultural inclusiveness is an awesome touch as well.
    I've made a reaction video to the trailer if anyone is interested in watching it, thanks a ton if you've checked it out :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhwqtIGO6M
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    "Work your way up from a starter unit to a penthouse as your Sims launch new metropolitan careers!"
    "Help your Sims work their way up to living in a Skyscraper Penthouse, with panoramic views and even a Talking Toilet!"

Now that I've read the actual text instead of just forum comments, I'm not so convinced that the penthouse is an unlockable anymore. Working in the new careers and earning money for the penthouse reads like two parallel processes that are in no way connected, just tossed into the same sentence. The second sentence... not so sure. Could be interpreted both ways and a clarification would be very much welcome.

But perhaps I should not have read it anyway - talking toilet :D I'm too close to my midlife crisis to NOT find that funny. *goes to bed giggling*
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, I haven't changed my mind. I read the blog by SimguruGrant and it says your first apartment will be small and you move to a penthouse when you level up in one of the new careers. It sounds limited. Maybe it isn't, but it sounds like penthouses are tied to new jobs. ??? Don't know but anyone should read it. Some festivals, some karaoke, some basketball, O.K. that's fine for NL EP but I won't like not being able to build any type apartment I want or size. Or maybe he just meant the premade ones..I have no idea but sounded like penthouses are tied to a new job.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 really?! So they are still keeping up with the RPG mobile format. Gwt to level 12 to unlock this -_- How many times do people need to twll them we want to play a simulation not whatever this is, if my sims are millionaires they want to live in their penthouse and not a levwl one apartment nor do I want a special job for it to be unlocked.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My opinion remained the same. The only thing I really care about is the basketball hoop, the huka (if that is what its called) is just nasty and the apartments seem nice so far but they are not going to fix any of the issues I'm having once I hit live mode. Until more everyday basics fix this "perfect" world where beds make themselves there never a mess and important life stages are added everything is just band-aids on wound that needs stiches.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I am excited for this pack, even more so than before since it was released that it was really coming out. I had been excited before but I am now super duper excited.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2016
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    My opinion remained the same. The only thing I really care about is the basketball hoop, the huka (if that is what its called) is just nasty and the apartments seem nice so far but they are not going to fix any of the issues I'm having once I hit live mode. Until more everyday basics fix this "perfect" world where beds make themselves there never a mess and important life stages are added everything is just band-aids on wound that needs stiches.

Well, there will surely be a nice, fat bugfix patch right before it releases. Doubt it will add life stages, though there should be some important fixes.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    No, I haven't changed my mind. I read the blog by SimguruGrant and it says your first apartment will be small and you move to a penthouse when you level up in one of the new careers. It sounds limited. Maybe it isn't, but it sounds like penthouses are tied to new jobs. ??? Don't know but anyone should read it. Some festivals, some karaoke, some basketball, O.K. that's fine for NL EP but I won't like not being able to build any type apartment I want or size. Or maybe he just meant the premade ones..I have no idea but sounded like penthouses are tied to a new job.

plum really?! So they are still keeping up with the RPG mobile format. Gwt to level 12 to unlock this -_- How many times do people need to twll them we want to play a simulation not whatever this is, if my sims are millionaires they want to live in their penthouse and not a levwl one apartment nor do I want a special job for it to be unlocked.

Not for the apartments. People are misunderstanding the blog (not like that ever happens around here.)
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm a little excited but there is somethings i want to know about more and one of them is Apartments...i want to build my own apartment! i want to have the apartments to be like TS2 apartments.....but i don't want to work my way up to the penthouse...some of this don't sounds to good to me...so i'm waiting on what information comes out...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited September 2016

plum really?! So they are still keeping up with the RPG mobile format. Gwt to level 12 to unlock this -_- How many times do people need to twll them we want to play a simulation not whatever this is, if my sims are millionaires they want to live in their penthouse and not a levwl one apartment nor do I want a special job for it to be unlocked.

All I read it as indicating is that Penthouses cost more than tiny apartments, and tying in the idea of doing these new careers with how you might end up affording them. They've killed two birds (new careers, different kinds of living units) in one stone (story-focused paragraph).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    I'm pleased to see that there will be a ton of content in the expansion that I know other simmers will enjoy. I'm not excited though because the additions from the trailer are all things I didn't miss from previous games. I still feel that S3 is a superior to S4, so I get more excited by seeing unique content over rehashes.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

All I read it as indicating is that Penthouses cost more than tiny apartments, and tying in the idea of doing these new careers with how you might end up affording them. They've killed two birds (new careers, different kinds of living units) in one stone (story-focused paragraph).

Agreed. It makes sense Penthouses would be more expensive to live in. If you 'move' to the city from a current world with a rich Sim, or just cheat a bunch of money in, I bet you could get into a penthouse immediately. Same as if you don't have enough money starting out in any world, you begin in a starter home instead of a mansion, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • CarriedAwaySimsCarriedAwaySims Posts: 17 Member
    The trailer actually got me more excited for the pack! I am generally not much of a family player, so this pack looks like it will be perfect for me!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2016
    Schantal wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    From looking at that trailer, what was so different? Why did it take a year for another expansion pack?

Not getting the excitement with this but hey i havent play the expansion pack yet

I don't get it either honestly. I honestly think people are "over excited" because they had to wait a whole year for content so they are excited to be getting anything. This is a problem though because the company won't change if people just run out and buy everything they put out there.

Can't speak for others, but it hasn't been a year for me. Plenty of GPs and SPs have been out in that time.

All of one game pack has been released since Get Together has been released -- so you may want to change that to "Plenty of GP..."

I wonder if they're going to keep up one GP and one EP a year. That is a depressing thought as it means they don't have nearly as many people working on the Sims 4 as they did the Sims 3 most likely.

Edit: I'm not excited over this because it's a trailer. I like the theme, but I really do need to see how it's implemented.

I do wonder if the new careers will be active (I hope if so that they're well done).

Edit: This came out a lot crankier than intended.
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Alot of interesting responses, was a good read.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I can't have an opinion on it until I know how the apartment system works and how the other residents behave.
    I am mainly interested in the apartments, the new careers, and just having more living space. I don't think I will get much fun out of the festivals, other than the fireworks. Basketball is something I will probably watch for the newness of it, but eventually not bother with it anymore.

So... apartments. I really hope it's nothing like University Life's apartments. The other residents did nothing but hang around the building. They never found jobs and all my sim wanted to do was interact with them. I went back to the Late Night version of my custom apartment. I'd rather have rabbit hole neighbors than that mess.

Of course I would rather have TS2 type apartments than Late Night apartments.
    The only thing I didn't like about TS2 apartment was the multiple versions of apartment dwellers. It was odd like you were playing parallel worlds and you wouldn't see changes reflected in the same sims when you switched apartments. I had one sim move out, but when I played another sim in the same building, the sim that I moved out was still living there.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Gosh, Grant is probably just slamming his head on a table. The blog meant in terms of rags to riches people. Realistically you'd work your way up, unless you're already rich. Why would penthouses be tied to a job?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    Well firstly i have to say that everything in the trailer and the blog post looks Amazing!!! :)
    Although i am a generational player and i miss toddlers badly and maybe i would have wanted another type of EP since Late Night and Showtime wasn't my favorite EP's in sims 3 i will definitelt buy this one! :)
    When i first saw that the next EP is city living i was dissapointed and i thought that i could skip this, but so far it looks amazing and to me it looks like it has lots of new content!
    I think that the producers did a great job and i want to thank them for this and i also feel that this is a step to the right direction for the game.
    Like many others i used to complain about things and i still have complaints but i have decided to appreciate what i already have and enjoy it and although this EP doesn't suit my playstyle i will enjoy it for what it is! I enjoy the game generally for what it is, as for the things i want i will patiently wait and if they come good if not there is nothing i can do more... they already now what we simmers need,it is up to them!
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I was skeptical at first but now I'm cautiously optimistic. This EP sounds great and packed with stuff I really missed from previous sims games.

As regards apartments, I think some people are assuming the worst (maybe because we've learned the hard way to expect the worst and not be disappointed afterwards). But to me it looks like there will be two types of apartments: Ts2 style and penthouses. You couldn't change the structure of apartments in TS2 either (after all tenants cannot do that in real life) but that didn't mean you couldn't build your own apartment lots as a player and then have your sims rent them. Anyway, we'll see how they actually work in future blog posts...
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I was excited with the leak and now after seeing the trailer I am more excited.
    Apartments is what I have been asking for and another thing is the return of bubble blower which was an amazing social object that increase relation and fun too.

Yes, I want to know more about apartments like how many households can one lot accommodate, if there are or not loading screens between neighbors, if there are roommates or not etc

But as a start I would say this EP trailer is the best that we got so far for TS4. And I feel the EP is heavy on contents
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    From looking at that trailer, what was so different? Why did it take a year for another expansion pack?

Not getting the excitement with this but hey i havent play the expansion pack yet

I don't get it either honestly. I honestly think people are "over excited" because they had to wait a whole year for content so they are excited to be getting anything. This is a problem though because the company won't change if people just run out and buy everything they put out there.

Can't speak for others, but it hasn't been a year for me. Plenty of GPs and SPs have been out in that time.

It has been ONE whole year since the last EXPANSION (remove a month).......you cannot compare a stuff pack to a freaking expansion, its not remotely the same thing. Also, gamepacks have been few and far between as well. In the sims 3 we were getting an expansion every 3-6 months, store items, stuff packs, store sets, worlds, etc.....

Yes, becasue sims 3 was milking us for all we had especially the store.

And The Sims 4 is not?

I think the Sims 4 is a bigger milker. Stuff Packs everywhere. I bet the next quarterly teaser has another SP in it, if it aren't two.. I highly doubt there will be a GP in that teaser, since that EP comes out. So prepare for yet another 2 SP's.

I never really bothered with the Store in Sims 3, never got anything from it, but the EP's made up for that, since we got decent EP's on a regular basis.

One EP a year is just very bare. It has never been like that in the series. yes, I also don''t really understand what took them this long with this EP. It looks -okay- to me, but it's just that. Before I am going to make my final judgement, I want to know how apartments work. If apartments are just shells we can't build ourselves, it's a game over for me.

The apartment feature doesn't make sense if we can only have pre made shell apartments in one world. What people really want is being able to build their own apartment lots, town houses, where and whenever they want. If they can't even provide that, then I don't even bother anymore. But we will see, hopefully they will be buildable.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Hi,

I wanted to start a quick discussion and see if some of the people that weren't really interested in the upcoming EP opinions changed. From all the leaks it sounded great, not something I was really asking for, you know? That being said I thought if it was done well it would be a great thing for the community and game. After watching the trailer today, I'm officially excited cause this looks like an actual EP and the start of a new beginning for the Sims 4.

So back to what the topic is about, now that you've gotten the chance to take a look at the trailer and what's all to come, Are you now excited? I think this could actually be a really good EP for some family players, living in close quarters and dealing with rude neighbors. Imagine the stories that could be told with this EP.
    ...snip

My opinion hasn't changed yet. It may after we have more info.

I expected a pretty world, check. I expected items for my sim to interact with, check. I expected CAS items, check. I expected build items, check.
    All these things are great, they look beautiful, the new tattoos look fab as do the new hairs. I really love the new apartment style floor-to-ceiling windows. No complaints about what I have seen so far at all. I just hope that there is more.

I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.