Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your opinions on City Living changed?

XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
Hi,

I wanted to start a quick discussion and see if some of the people that weren't really interested in the upcoming EP opinions changed. From all the leaks it sounded great, not something I was really asking for, you know? That being said I thought if it was done well it would be a great thing for the community and game. After watching the trailer today, I'm officially excited cause this looks like an actual EP and the start of a new beginning for the Sims 4.

So back to what the topic is about, now that you've gotten the chance to take a look at the trailer and what's all to come, Are you now excited? I think this could actually be a really good EP for some family players, living in close quarters and dealing with rude neighbors. Imagine the stories that could be told with this EP.

Extra Info:

Take Your Sims to the City
Do your Sims long to leave the suburbs behind? Fulfill their dreams in the diverse city of San Myshuno, where they can discover exciting neighborhoods, move into a new apartment, check out fun festivals and more. In The Sims™ 4 City Living your Sims can experience the joys and challenges of sharing close quarters with other Sims. Work your way up from a starter unit to a penthouse as your Sims launch new metropolitan careers!

Explore the bustling city of San Myshuno.
This densely populated city has enough unique neighborhoods to give your Sims plenty to explore. Get creative in the Arts Quarter or sing your heart out at the Karaoke Bar in the Fashion District. Head over to the Spice Market to shoot some hoops, or invite a few friends over to play video games after a long day at the office in Uptown.

Discover lively cultural festivals.
Festivals are great opportunities to enrich your Sims. Let them watch street performers, enter competitions and meet a wide variety of folks from every walk of life. Check out the Curry Challenge at the Spice Festival or light fireworks with a hot date at the Romance Festival.

Live in apartments and get closer with your neighbors.
Lots of new neighbors mean all kinds of opportunities for relationships, both good and bad. Your Sims might make a new best friend or fall in love, then debate giving them a key to their place. And what about those noisy neighbors and their late night dance parties? You’ll need to decide how to handle them – if you can’t beat them, maybe you should join them.

Work your way up from starter apartment to penthouse.
Choosing the right apartment for your Sims can be a challenge. You’ll need to balance the charm of your first starter unit with possible setbacks, like cockroaches, leaky pipes or electrical problems. Help your Sims work their way up to living in a Skyscraper Penthouse, with panoramic views and even a Talking Toilet!

Embark on new, metropolitan careers.
There are all kinds of new opportunities in the city so make sure your Sims take advantage of them. As a Politician, your Sims can make dramatic speeches while fighting for a good cause. Maybe they’d prefer a more refined career as a Food or Art Critic. Or they could inspire the masses working in Social Media.

Edit: Just incase some of you haven't seen it yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik
rsz_simsgurunicole.png
Post edited by XoxNicolexoX on

Comments

• XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    It doesn't look like we will be able to build our own apartment complexes or even renovate a small apartment....not great and to me this means more closed and guided play rather than a true sandbox experience.

That's true, didn't really mention anything about building apartments, but you never know. Would make sense being how you're able to change lot types in-game already. Guess we'll have to wait and see :P
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't consider this a family player ep. This don't really excite me. Sure there is some sims 2 stuff in it. But it not really that much different than what we have gotten. I don't know if this is expansion pack I am looking for. If it would had attraction system to it. Then I might have been excited for it. But I am going to see what LGR says and if it says it good then that change my opinion.
  • SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    I'm SOOOOO excited lol. I'm excited for new cultural cuisine, and just overall having a city! I'm very curious about how apartments will work.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Yeah. City Living looks like a pretty good EP. Not only for family players (ugh).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I didn't really have any opinions on it at first bc I thought it was fake, all the leaks seemed kinda obscure? But now that I know it's a real EP, I think it will be quite good.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    I'm enthusiast like EP02 Get Together... hmmm... no, I'm more enthusiast because Downtown is the base of my game.
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    Nope. It hasn't.
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I'm still disappointed. I'm sure it will be fun enough to play, but it's just not what I was hoping for in the slightest. Strikes me as a Late Night meets Apartment Life type set up, with a few random new things and a lot of rehashed things from previous series thrown in. Cool enough, sure, but I have yet to see or read anything that knocks my socks off.

My only source of annoyance with the EP is that there was so much hype about us getting stuff we had never seen before....and this really doesn't hit that mark.

With that said, I try not to be a negative nancy. Once it's out, I'll take a closer look and form a real opinion based on solid information. But right now I feel very "meh..." about it. I imagine I'll continue to feel nothing more than glimmers of excitement until they provide me with toddlers. The game will sadly always feel incomplete to me without them.
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Just more meh
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Looks amazing to me, and I'm not being sarcastic..
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    It doesn't look like we will be able to build our own apartment complexes or even renovate a small apartment....not great and to me this means more closed and guided play rather than a true sandbox experience.

I agree with this. The big draw for me, barring the Political career being a really (REALLY) great ACTIVE career are the apartments and basically it looks like closed off rental units that you can maybe decorate at most and the roof top of a flat square skyscraper that you can plop a house down on. Can we own them? Can we build our own units AND skyscraper buildings and low rise apartments? Can we rent them out to others? Are there roommates? Can we place the lots and skyscrapers in other world or are we chained to a location like the rental lots in Granite Falls. Otherwise all the other stuff is just stuff and although it's fine, I mean none of it's my big deal but it's fine, it's still just stuff. Well, actually, honestly some of it looks pretty garish color wise and like nothing I'll use since it can't be changed beyond EA/Maxis dictated colors so, you know even that's not really grabbing me.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I was excited for it before, and I'm even more excited now. I think it looks great, and I can't wait to play it myself :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • claudiamarie1964claudiamarie1964 Posts: 25 Member
    So back to what the topic is about, now that you've gotten the chance to take a look at the trailer and what's all to come, Are you now excited? I think this could actually be a really good EP for some family players, living in close quarters and dealing with rude neighbors. Imagine the stories that could be told with this EP.

What trailer? I didn't see a link to one in the blog announcement. Maybe I overlooked it ... ?
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Really can't say it have raised my interest. Seem a Late Night 2.0, just sllightly more diurnal. Maybe I would be more interested if there were vampires. But even then, A: is not my thing of expansion: I prefer real life to party-party-party. Plus, I don't like the city theme (I only like city in a Fallout 3/4... so basically only endless ruins where people struggle to survive).
    B: I can't play without base family/lifestage content: babyes that aren't objects, toddlers and teen that actually are teens. Any kind of expansion is uninteresting for me until this stuff isn't present.
  • claudiamarie1964claudiamarie1964 Posts: 25 Member

What trailer? I didn't see a link to one in the blog announcement. Maybe I overlooked it ... ?

Well, duh. I found it on the home page. Never mind! LOL
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    From looking at that trailer, what was so different? Why did it take a year for another expansion pack?

Not getting the excitement with this but hey i havent play the expansion pack yet
  • BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    It hasn't changed. And my initial feelings for it when we got the teaser was "Meh".

Unlike the Sims 2 or 3 EPs (that I got hyped for and went out to reserve my copy the moment I could) I will be waiting for gameplay video's and LGR review on this before I even THINK about getting it.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I was and am still interested, so no change here.
    Fact is, I definitely want a Sims product for Christmas, but none of those I haven't yet (Spa Day, Dine Out, City living) really exites me. This may change when the first faqs and screenshot-by-screenshot analysises of the trailer appear online :)
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    goto this link https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/sims-4/mac-pc-download/addon/the-sims-4-city-living#details and read what you will have in cily living hope it help thank
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    When I heard about the leaks I was extremely disappointed as I was hoping for seasons or something generations-y. But seeing the trailer, my outlook has become slightly more positive. I probably will not get it on day 1. But we'll see what people think and I'll definitely consider it if it has lots of content
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2016
    I like sims 4 somewhat so it has not changed my mind, So that said I want to make this http://www.redbubble.com/people/halnormank/works/837658-bird-lady-of-central-park-nyc

Hopefully I get a chance to I like quirky sims so I hope I can have something like this!!! Then I may get excited.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Yeah. City Living looks like a pretty good EP. Not only for family players (ugh).

Exactly people should not limit each pack to family players. I am not willing to buy this yet. Sure I buy it when it on sale. But I think it get old in one week to players.