The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two new screenshots of City Living!

1235...Next

Comments

• PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    Two old banners :p

ts4_ep11.jpg
    ts4_ep10.jpg

Well, now that the pic is clarified, it's kinda relieving to see that there's at least one district of the new world that has some vintage style inner city brick buildings, even if they are unrealistically clean and grungeless. Nothing a little cc can't fix... or unfix rather. ;)

Unless it's the typical "uneditable" background like every other neighborhood- sure the buildings you can use (4-5 of them like normal) can be changed but the rest stays static and looks sparkly and clean. That's one of my big problems with 4- you are hemmed in even by the style around you. (Shrug) A lot of people like it...

That has definitely been the most painful part of TS4, those uneditable, themed backdrops really jamb a wrench in my creative process. It's to the point where I get a headache when trying to build, and I end up scrapping half my builds because they just don't fit with the aesthetic, plus there aren't enough vacant lots to justify keeping a work-in-progress.
    I'm probably going to buy it regardless though, because I'm bored, have surplus cash, and have nothing better to do than play The Sims. :p
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Gosh, love that guys hair! I've really enjoyed a lot of the guys hair in TS4 but I've got a feeling that one might just be my fav.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Okay, that looks good, now I want the EP ASAP. Cool clothes hair bands (hope guys can wear them too) Kareoke, Love the candle and the floor vase with roses. My sims will like those apartments. :)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    Those buildings look so beautiful! even if most are fake they make a nice and alive atmosphere, i'm actually expecting everything to be decorative but even if they are I just hope the world isn't as empty and boring as Magnolia Promenade.
  • SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Oof. That background in the 2nd pic is very papery. Hope that its just the angle and not anything else. But anyway.

Looks like we got skyscraper lots! And they can be different types! Hope that they have different floors in the buildings with different types and things. Also, I hope this means we got elevators back!

I'd say its confirmed that we will have elevators xD i doubt they will use stairs

Or they just walk to the edge of the lot and teleport to the ground lol i hope there are elevators tho.
  • ReveryRevery Posts: 166 Member
    The karaoke machine makes me think that the singing interaction will be strictly tied to that object and it won't be possible to have singers join a band. :/

@PianoCollector
    I've had the same issues with the pre-fabricated worlds. I prefer a futuristic setting for my game and my builds often clash with the backdrops, especially in worlds like Windenburg (although I do think the town is quite beautiful).

From what I've seen so far, the new city seems neutral enough to me. It's helpful that the 2d skylines can be edited with basic modding knowledge.

I think the development team is making an effort to implement diverse aesthetics. It's unfortunate that we're quite restricted in our ability to change how certain areas look but as long as the world portfolio is expanded continously, more players will eventually find a match for their preferred visual style.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I'm surprised the rooftop screenshot has stars. You can't normally see them with so much light pollution.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    fCcdNJ3.jpg
    dPBtTjE.jpg

Does anyone see what I see those, city buildings in the window look like the stage buildings that came with the expansion pack Showtime, in the Sims 3. Was City Living in development for that long or did they decide to use TS3 stage building texture for The Sims 4, remember using older texture can help them save time and money! I think the Sims 3 skyscraper line fits in so nicely though.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • jadestormxuejadestormxue Posts: 22 Member
    I'm hyped up for this expansion I love the new sexy ink and hair on the ladies. I do wish the possibility of certain drinks causing the sims to become tipsy or the artsy sims to be able to spray paintthat would totally rock! But over all I'm very curious about the festivities like so many of you.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I'm hyped up for this expansion I love the new sexy ink and hair on the ladies. I do wish the possibility of certain drinks causing the sims to become tipsy or the artsy sims to be able to spray paintthat would totally rock! But over all I'm very curious about the festivities like so many of you.

shh whisper, drinking too munch nectar will give your sims a dizzy moodlet.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm so excited for Apartments, Kareoke and the decor, it looks gorgeous! I hope we'll really get the vibe of the city in those apartments.
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    Revery wrote: »
    The karaoke machine makes me think that the singing interaction will be strictly tied to that object and it won't be possible to have singers join a band. :/

@PianoCollector
    I've had the same issues with the pre-fabricated worlds. I prefer a futuristic setting for my game and my builds often clash with the backdrops, especially in worlds like Windenburg (although I do think the town is quite beautiful).

From what I've seen so far, the new city seems neutral enough to me. It's helpful that the 2d skylines can be edited with basic modding knowledge.

I think the development team is making an effort to implement diverse aesthetics. It's unfortunate that we're quite restricted in our ability to change how certain areas look but as long as the world portfolio is expanded continously, more players will eventually find a match for their preferred visual style.

Oh, yes I agree. The two of the most important things I needed in my game were apartments, and more world space to build in, so I'm quite excited. :D
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2016
    it doesn't look like that was the final work It looks better in the trailer assuming it's the same view.

screen_shot_2016_09_13_at_1_29_35_pm_by_mphattyboi-dahmo09.png

only thing is it looks like there are way to many visible stars in the sky,
    this is the city, less stars. unless we're throwing that idea out the window.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    it doesn't look like that was the final work It looks better in the trailer assuming it's the same view.

Are you seriously complaining about the number of stars in the sky?
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

people will complain about everything:D
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    @SimGuruGraham I do Life State away not want to become so again in The Sims 4 City Living I want to be where Vampire if you remove life state the is Not Approved
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited September 2016
    i'm starting to get excited for this expansion...the more i see the more i'm wanting it...and because it's my birthday today i pre-ordered it today... :D
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    i'm starting to get excited for this expansion...the more i see the more i'm wanting it...and because it's my birthday today i pre-ordered it today... :D

Happy Birthday! :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    !! Where were these from?? Look at that view! :o
    It was views like this that I had missed about life in the city, and missed about S3 Late Night. And this is why that I had wanted city life back in the game. B)<3

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Happy birthday! Hope your day is very nice. And this EP comes out on my birthday week! :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie

lol, first world problems.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

LOL! I can assure you from RL experience of living in the city that big that you won't see very many stars shining in the night sky. So having a very few stars shining in the night sky over downtown in the game is close to RL experience of being in a big city. :D

sunman502 wrote: »

LOL! I can assure you from RL experience of living in the city that big that you won't see very many stars shining in the night sky. So having a very few stars shining in the night sky over downtown in the game is close to RL experience of being in a big city. :D

I live on the outskirts of my City. between City and Rural, I can see stars, some nights, but the nights I don't I always blame the city lights.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

sunman502 wrote: »

I live on the outskirts of my City. between City and Rural, I can see stars, some nights, but the nights I don't I always blame the city lights.
    The further out that you are from the big city lights, the more stars you will see. Even under the big city lights, you can see the brightest stars. But that's all the stars you going to see.