March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two new screenshots of City Living!

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    s33man wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

(Minor complaint) this area looks exactly like Bridgeport.
    Bridgeport even has that little city bit at the back (although the FX is better in this one).

Lol I was going to say the exact same thing! I believe there's even a crane in the EXACT same spot in Bridgeport as there is in this pic :P

Well it is either one of two things.

A recycled Bridgeport but with loading screens (and no vampires or celebrities) or it is a coincidence :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I've lived in Chicago for 25 years and never known anywhere in the loop being without a crane or some building project. Even over the interstates. Looks realistic to me.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There will probably be three or four trailers and a few screen shots. The first will probably be a general city trailer. One may be a festival trailer. One may be an apartment trailer. And I hope that there will be another singing/dancing trailer. I love that Windenburg trailer. I rewatch it several times, it's always good for a laugh.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited September 2016
    Karaoke... heck frickin' yeah!
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I might be totally off base, but do you guys think the blonde's top might be a version of this?
    37c2d000acddb88e258fab778da03f5b.jpg

I hope so. I would really like to have a dress like this.

I hope so too!
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    Could get me back in the game
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    those screenshots really killed my hype. the background looks fake, those patterns are as ugly as the townies fashion choice aand it doesnt look like theres something really innovative coming in this pack. boo!
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    those screenshots really killed my hype. the background looks fake, those patterns are as ugly as the townies fashion choice aand it doesnt look like theres something really innovative coming in this pack. boo!

It's literally 5 seconds of a small section of the world, 3 screenshots of stuff in the city, and a render. How do you know absolutely nothing innovative is coming? And what else can they innovate in a city pack, when everything that is "innovative" for it has a;ready been done in past packs?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

I don't like the clothes as well, too bright, too tacky too, too obnoxious. However, I like the blond girl's outfit from the teaser, and all the haircuts so far. I'm also very excited for apartments, and rumored politics career. The city looked cool in the teaser as well. I liked the highway and the train the most.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    How do you know absolutely nothing innovative is coming?
    because its sims 4
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah, aside from the cultural clothing most of the clothes are giving me Luxury Party flashbacks...gaudy as plum :grimace:
    Some of the more neutral clothes look good though, like the leather jacket and girls hoodie. Also hoping for kimonos
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I love the faded city in the background so lovely... the scenery is really great I hope all the near by apartment lights turn on at night to emulate the true nightlife of the city; that would truly be lovely from a apartment balcony or penthouse. the scenery really is superb...
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    There's not enough info to assume even half of what some people are trying to around here. :D Did y'all get advanced review packs or something? You're sure talking like you've seen it already.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited September 2016
    asdhgkl;j;

I cannot wait! EA, please, do the screenshots like this in the future. I LOVE Them!! ♥♥ and eep, I am so excited for the trailer tomorrow.. I must know what else is in the ep. I hope Wednesday we get some photos and a blog post.

Karaoke is back! Soo excited and I LOVE that vase with the roses (woops, that's not roses, just red flowers. :x) and it's not a vase, either... It's uhh, I don't know what it is but it's gorgeous.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I might be totally off base, but do you guys think the blonde's top might be a simplified and simified version of this?
    dPBtTjE.jpg

Yes, in fact it looks like an updated version of the outfits from the Sims 2: Nightlife.

6.jpg

• aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    Did you guys see the teaser trailer?
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Two old banners :p

ts4_ep11.jpg
    ts4_ep10.jpg

Well, now that the pic is clarified, it's kinda relieving to see that there's at least one district of the new world that has some vintage style inner city brick buildings, even if they are unrealistically clean and grungeless. Nothing a little cc can't fix... or unfix rather. ;)

Unless it's the typical "uneditable" background like every other neighborhood- sure the buildings you can use (4-5 of them like normal) can be changed but the rest stays static and looks sparkly and clean. That's one of my big problems with 4- you are hemmed in even by the style around you. (Shrug) A lot of people like it...
  • Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    I bet the city is going to be more asian inspired based on the bullet-type trains in the teaser and all the modern buildings, and even some of the fashion pointed out is not very western-y.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    asdhgkl;j;

I cannot wait! EA, please, do the screenshots like this in the future. I LOVE Them!! ♥♥ and eep, I am so excited for the trailer tomorrow.. I must know what else is in the ep. I hope Wednesday we get some photos and a blog post.

Karaoke is back! Soo excited and I LOVE that vase with the roses (woops, that's not roses, just red flowers. :x) and it's not a vase, either... It's uhh, I don't know what it is but it's gorgeous.

Finally someone with my level of enthusiasm

Ahhhhhhh IT LOOKS SO GOOD. I know its important to never get your hopes up but I'm just so excited.

2hnb0q0.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I might be totally off base, but do you guys think the blonde's top might be a simplified and simified version of this?
    dPBtTjE.jpg

Yes, in fact it looks like an updated version of the outfits from the Sims 2: Nightlife.

6.jpg

I think it looks like one of those stretchy athletic tee shirts.

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    asdhgkl;j;

Finally someone with my level of enthusiasm

Ahhhhhhh IT LOOKS SO GOOD. I know its important to never get your hopes up but I'm just so excited.

2hnb0q0.gif

Lmao. That gif, I'm dying. Come on, Jess. Alllllll aboard the hype traainn! =P ♥
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    edited September 2016
    dPBtTjE.jpg
    <snip for large image>
    This dress is called cheongsam or qipao. I would love it if it's really in the game! In more subtle recolours though; red and yellow is tacky.

Actually, I'm kinda think it's just a variant of the pink and yellow dress here at the back.
    ts4_ep10.jpg

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know... I want to love it but there's something stopping me from doing that. I think it's that Second city Island in the backdrop... and it looks like it's a city just beginning to thrive. I don't think I like that. the building crane in the bottom screen needs to vanish.

It would be a pretty unreal-reading city without a building crane! My own city skyline is full of them.

Very well then... maybe in the next city themed world.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wish we had a construction career so my sim could disappear into that worksite five days a week.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Karaoke, tattoos & Ethnic bun braid! I love the new decor & clothes too.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free