Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two new screenshots of City Living!

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know... I want to love it but there's something stopping me from doing that. I think it's that Second city Island in the backdrop... and it looks like it's a city just beginning to thrive. I don't think I like that. the building crane in the bottom screen needs to vanish.

It would be a pretty unreal-reading city without a building crane! My own city skyline is full of them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @elelunicy You are a fine individual for sharing this! It figures I'd wait for a true city themed expansion and not look in the most apparent spots to find information.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The more I look at the image with the view, the more I hate it.. The big building in the middle is not that bad, but the other ones look really weird and unrealistic. Like that plain grey cube just sitting there, lol, what's up with that? Hopefully the final version will be better.

I think the grey cube is a fence/railing post between the panes of glass. It confused me at first too.

LOL omg, you're right! Wow, I was really worried for a second there.... Doesn't change my opinion on the other buildings though, still weird...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What is the pink post with a pipe at the top in the festival picture? It looks like a pull up bar to me.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What is the pink post with a pipe at the top in the festival picture? It looks like a pull up bar to me.

I saw that too. I think it's just the BG monkey bars.
    We now know that's not a kissing booth in the background.
  • tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member
    I want low apartments too! Like in Sims 2
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I'm curious to know what kinds of food are coming. Already thinking the news restaurants types I can create!
    There's a building crane in the picture of the balcony overlooking the city at night. I loved those huge cranes in Bridgeport. It made it look like the city was in a constant state of growth.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting.

Are those actually editable skyscrapers or are they shells, rabbit holes or even backdrops?

Good promo pictures though.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I want low apartments too! Like in Sims 2
    I loved TS2 apartments, so I'm all about this! :crosses fingers:
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There's a building crane in the picture of the balcony overlooking the city at night. I loved those huge cranes in Bridgeport. It made it look like the city was in a constant state of growth.
    I agree. I'm a big fan of stuff like that. I think small imperfections add to immersion and believable atmosphere, because as anyone who lives in a city knows, there is always something going on construction wise. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2016
    @catloverplayer Yes, but are they on a Sims 3 high rise... where you could only live at the top, or is it a fully fleshed out TS2 apartment styled high rise? The first one will have me... meh, cool but like in TS3, it's not something I'll use much after the novelty wears off... the second one would be absolutely fantastic and excite me to no end. My sims would probably never live in a "regular" house again.

I'm very curious to know the details behind how they are set up.

If the leaks are true, we're getting both Sims 3 style high rises and Sims 2 style apartments.
    Edit: With the emphasis on apartments. The high rises are like a bonus.
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    If these are just screenshots then I can't wait to see the full trailer tomorrow!
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Yes, but are they on a Sims 3 high rise... where you could only live at the top, or is it a fully fleshed out TS2 apartment styled high rise? The first one will have me... meh, cool but like in TS3, it's not something I'll use much after the novelty wears off... the second one would be absolutely fantastic and excite me to no end. My sims would probably never live in a "regular" house again.

If the leaks are true, we're getting both Sims 3 style high rises and Sims 2 style apartments.

What leak showed that we would get Sims2 style apartments?

What leak showed that we would get Sims2 style apartments?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/898924/insider-is-legit-city-living-confirmed-read-more/p1
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Interesting.

Are those actually editable skyscrapers or are they shells, rabbit holes or even backdrops?

Good promo pictures though.

TS4 doesn't have building rabbit holes. I imagine there will be some shells in livable high-rises to make them seem higher (like in TS3) but those on the images look like backdrop buildings to me.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

:begins to hyperventilate:
    Must... have... oh oh oh... need... oh oh.... nowz! Need nowz!!!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    This is so beautiful! I can't wait.
    Is there anybody who knows when the next new EP will be released?
    EpicSims wrote: »
    This is so beautiful! I can't wait.
    Is there anybody who knows when the next new EP will be released?

We'll find out tomorrow in the announce trailer. :)
  • Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

(Minor complaint) this area looks exactly like Bridgeport.
    Bridgeport even has that little city bit at the back (although the FX is better in this one).

Lol I was going to say the exact same thing! I believe there's even a crane in the EXACT same spot in Bridgeport as there is in this pic :P

F8wHsKZ.png
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    Two old banners :p

ts4_ep11.jpg
    ts4_ep10.jpg

Well, now that the pic is clarified, it's kinda relieving to see that there's at least one district of the new world that has some vintage style inner city brick buildings, even if they are unrealistically clean and grungeless. Nothing a little cc can't fix... or unfix rather. ;)
    edited September 2016
    In the karaoke picture, there is a billboard on the building roof. I hope there are a lot of bright, city lights.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    The clothes are so brash and horrible. We have enough gross clothing in this game already...

Just show us apartments already.