Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two new screenshots of City Living!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    As I thought this city puts Windenburg to shame.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    Karaoke is back. That's good. I really missed it. I hope loner/shy sims get different animations when singing (we really need a shy trait because it's definitely not the same as loner but whatever)

ETA: typos
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Well I have more hope for being able to build more than three stories at least
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    @catloverplayer Yes, but are they on a Sims 3 high rise... where you could only live at the top, or is it a fully fleshed out TS2 apartment styled high rise? The first one will have me... meh, cool but like in TS3, it's not something I'll use much after the novelty wears off... the second one would be absolutely fantastic and excite me to no end. My sims would probably never live in a "regular" house again.

I'm very curious to know the details behind how they are set up.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Karaoke and I can't wait to use that hair on the left!!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    And I think the new man bun has more detail. If you zoom in you definitely see a braid on both pictures.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    The objects are exactly what i wanted. Modern, but with more interesting patterns. Love the decor.
    edited September 2016
    I might be totally off base, but do you guys think the blonde's top might be a simplified and simified version of this?
    dPBtTjE.jpg
    37c2d000acddb88e258fab778da03f5b.jpg

• TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I might be totally off base, but do you guys think the blonde's top might be a version of this?

I hope so. I would really like to have a dress like this.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    I might be totally off base, but do you guys think the blonde's top might be a simplified and simified version of this?
    /snip/

Looks like it, with the sleeve and collar cut/detail.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I might be totally off base, but do you guys think the blonde's top might be a version of this?

I hope so. I would really like to have a dress like this.

Actually, you could be on to something. It does look pretty similar to what she's wearing.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Also if I may add @elelunicy - with all the leaks in the past weeks it was very clever of you to actually look for info on the official site! :-D It had really not crossed my mind to look for anything like that before the official teaser. Thanks for posting the pics!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ohhh these look great! I loooooove cities! I love spotting all the new things in the screens!
    Post edited by cameronw209 on
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    It, umm, sorry but the scenic backgrounds look really fake. The real point of a penthouse is the view. I'm going to hope it's from a still early render but even the buildings up front look like just plastic boxes and every single window is lit, the stuff in the far background just looks like a jumbled mess. There' more new "stuff" like hair, clothes, tattoos, furniture, a new game (Karaoke) of course evident in the pictures. I still don't see anything to be any more excited about then say a SP. Maybe this is a sign a true introduction is forth coming but there's not much here and I just think this is the penthouse view and only this.

EDIT: Upon closer look even the close in buildings don't have the windows in a straight line. They're wobbly! This has to be either early or just a late end concept sketch. If this is the true view from the Penthouse... I, (sigh)...
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't know... I want to love it but there's something stopping me from doing that. I think it's that Second city Island in the backdrop... and it looks like it's a city just beginning to thrive. I don't think I like that. the building crane in the bottom screen needs to vanish.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I hope sims will get drunk
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Really excited to learn more about the Cultural Festivals and items/features that accompany it.

I just noticed there are two new earrings in the first picture... and the brunette sitting down on the left is sporting a gorgeous braided up-do. I think that's a new ring on the blonde's finger in the second picture too... very chunky and I don't recall having one like that currently. Very lovely modern decor that is actually really versatile. I don't care for most modern styles, but these can be used with any supernatural themed build I would want to do quite easily. Really liking what I see in these two pictures.

Can't wait for tomorrow. :)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Wow, that view is stunning! I can't wait until tomorrow.
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I loved the decor items!
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2016
    The more I look at the image with the view, the more I hate it.. The big building in the middle is not that bad, but the other ones look really weird and unrealistic. Like that plain grey cube just sitting there, lol, what's up with that? Hopefully the final version will be better.

edit: that grey cube is part of the fence! :lol:
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    The more I look at the image with the view, the more I hate it.. The big building in the middle is not that bad, but the other ones look really weird and unrealistic. Like that plain grey cube just sitting there, lol, what's up with that? Hopefully the final version will be better.

Yeah, I know- everyone's raving about the view and I get it- YAY! We have penthouses but man the render on the structures out side and the buildings in the far distance are wretched.
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    hahaha someone already mentioned the similarities to Lost In Translation in terms of atmosphere but -- the karaoke machine scene anyone? Have to study the film for my lit course.

Love these so far. Loving the background as well; just from one screenshot the world looks alive.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Okay, I know I stated in another one of these threads that the little snippet didn't excite me and that I would wait for the trailer. However, these two screen shots caught my attention. Now, if the trailer is full of even more stuff, I could get very excited about this EP.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

I think the grey cube is a fence/railing post between the panes of glass. It confused me at first too.
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    This looks exactly like the things I was wishing for! Now I almost can't wait for the trailer tomorrow