Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living OFFICIAL TRAILER IS OUT!

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    More useless fx that adds nothing to the game so exciting! I wonder how much will actually be useable and add to the game beyond clutter fx and clothing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited September 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use :smiley: . I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...:expressionless:
    I see lot's of FX.. how intuitive and tactile. If it only was functional..

Will see tomorrow what this is.
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use. I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...

Exactly my thoughts. Just FX FX FX FX.

It's not like Bridgeport wasn't an empty city with FX buildings, FX subways and FX Taxis, was it?

GTA is even 90% FX. Come on now.

Yeah, come on!

Wasn't this the ''great foundation'' capable to fulfil all of our desires and wishes? No reason for just FX, they can also make some functional stuff like that.

As I said, all well made games have FX. There's no game that exists that doesn't have it.
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use :smiley: . I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...:expressionless:

OMG YAAAY more transportation options (trains and cars) that we can't use. I swear it is like they love to rub it in our faces...

Exactly my thoughts. Just FX FX FX FX.

It's not like Bridgeport wasn't an empty city with FX buildings, FX subways and FX Taxis, was it?

GTA is even 90% FX. Come on now.

TS4, hands down, is the king of unusable props, staging and backdrops.

Yep, and you can't enter or use any of them.

I'd rather just FX backdrops than FX Buildings that are supposed to be real buildings PLUS FX backdrops.
    I mean, how many buildings has the Sims 4 actually deleivered that are just FX in The Sims 3?

The game that was based on the world? That has FX community lots. So far, the only lot The Sims 3 has now that 4 doesn't is a Graveyard. Otherwise, The Sims 4 has actually got more lots where you can actually visit whereas The Sims 3 lots were FX central as a substitute not an extra.

As I've always said, time will be the biggest weapon for The Sims 4, because the Sims 3 has the worst community lots of the franchise. Literally, the "store venues" require rugs and pretend objects to even work.

You go to the Bistro in The Sims 3 and a waiter hands you something and Sims eat like they got it out of a fridge. And that cost $20.

The Sims 3 world tools are amazing, and so is the home life. But that's where it ends. Leaving your house to do anything 3, is mostly FX gameplay.
    Or watered down so that the game can run in an open world.

As I already said, people complain about FX in 4's backdrops, but at least it didn't enter our game. Even the Cars in 3, were mostly FX, and your Sims vanish and then sit motionless.

I'm sure that won't be the case of 4 ever tried to do Cars. So far, 4 has not given us FX for gameplay, just backdrops.

Should 4 already have cars? Sure. But no point adding them in when they are nothing more than FX.

But 3 having FX for gameplay doesn't matter right? FX community lots are fine as long as there's no loading screen. I don't mind Sims vanishing into thin air when they leave the house to do something they can't do at home....sure.

I'm going to guess you are referring to rabbit holes when you talk about FX? No. no.....much different animal than TS4 backdrop buildings.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Does not seem like they added any supernatural to this EP.. :(

Which means that players who don't want supernaturals don't have to pass on the pack -- maybe those will come in a separate pack so people can choose to add or avoid them.
    Why not just an on/off button so that they're optional regardless?

Why not player triggered?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Please guys stop mentioning me xD
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited September 2016
    Be interesting to see if they actually improved the Sims themselves and give them more dynamic individuality, rather than a bundle of more interactive object that loose there charm after a week.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Please guys stop mentioning me xD

Sorry, but I just had to. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    So do we all collectively feel cars will be part of this EP? I mean, perfect theme to add back real transportation...

Most people who live in cities don't own cars, because it's so expensive (you have to pay for parking when you go to work and sometimes even pay extra to park at your residence, you often can't find a free street space close to either home or work, etc.). My husband's best friend has lived in New York City for over 30 years, and doesn't own a car; when he comes home to visit family or when he travels for business, he rents a car as necessary.

Here in Brazil seems we give too much value for cars so even in big cities everybody has a car. In São Paulo the number of cars is more then 8 millions. I also live in another big city here, I and almost everybody I know have a car. I think it also depends of the city circumstances.
    Anyway would love own a car in The Sims, in this or in a next pack!
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Well, the fx makes the city look already more alive than bridgeport ever was.

Totally! It isn't like all the traffic lights and ACTUAL functional cars made Bridgeport alive or anything, right? :expressionless:

So instead of waiting for a loading screen, you preferred for your sim to waste half a day getting places in their car?
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    @HowGreatThouArt

/snip/
    29637388175_f2714d7872_o_d.jpg
    /snip/

7010e3c8b8.jpg

Wow! I'm pretty sure that that is the exact same hairstyle. Well, there you have it @JasonRMJ
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    We don't have any information on supernaturals in (or out) of this pack, do we?

Nothing official, only the leak which said no new life states.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Well, the fx makes the city look already more alive than bridgeport ever was.

Totally! It isn't like all the traffic lights and ACTUAL functional cars made Bridgeport alive or anything, right? :expressionless:

So instead of waiting for a loading screen, you preferred for your sim to waste half a day getting places in their car?

I'll admit that going from place to place in a houseboat could take a while but I've never had a TS3 car trip take longer than a TS4 loading screen. Even if it did you have the scenery to look at and not a white screen with a plum bob.
  • Options
    danplayer01danplayer01 Posts: 25 New Member
    Can't wait till tomorrow! Seems like a great EP.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Omg, I'm so excited!
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    This is not surpise at all. They dont know hot to keep secrets and how to bring news.

Right? Like we didn't learn of this weeks go.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Wonder if they skipped on sending LGR a copy this time lol
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm not surprised that we get only five seconds of teaser and half the forum tears the whole thing apart and screams that the EP is going to be trash.

I'm excited that they're actually making EPs based off the survey that they did, it increases the chance for toddlers to come back (however little it increases). Idk if I'll buy the EP itself simply because I haven't been interested in playing the Sims series as a whole lately, but it shows that at least on some level they're listening.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    IceyJ wrote: »

Aww, that is discouraging. I hope that changes. :'(

Totally digging the head scarf the sim at the picnic table is rocking in this picture! I just noticed she is also using chopsticks!
    CsL0uiGXEAAcuXl.jpg:large

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Honestly, all I want to know is how will the apartments work (as well as roommates, I sure do hope they will reintroduce roommates as well!!). I'm hoping this will be the main feature, so it won't be tackled on. If the apartments aren't like TS2 where we can put several families in one lot, then I'm sorry, but that is just... dumb (to be polite). There is no reason why they wouldn't make them work like that, when fans have been complaining about the lack of space in the worlds and how they don't have enough lots to put their families in. I'll just be so disappointed if they don't make a decent apartment system.. With that being said, I'm curious about the trailer tomorrow.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I am going to need to see the full trailer and the twitch broadcast that is still unannounced.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »

Review copies don't go out this early, I'm sure! They'd be getting those just before release, not at announcement.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »

well.... first I don't believe anyone will be getting a copy until it's closer to the release date. Second, @SimGuruDrake was the person responsible for seeing that he started getting preview copies and she has said that she respects his opinions.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

Link that says no states???? Unless it does have one I'll pass.
  • Options
    SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    Well I for one am extremely excited! It's an awesome addition to generational play considering I and many others who grew up in large urban cities cannot relate to the suburban life. Can you imagine the group outings for your kids and your teens?!? Ugh!!! I'm so excited. The Sims 4 is trying to get out of being a vanilla game considering there's a million different ways people play. Having a pack for urban living celebrating different ethnic groups besides white Americans is AWESOME! Everyone's complaining (which they have the right to do) but like everything regarding change in history it's met with much resistance. Let's watch the game evolve people and relish in the fact that we're being given fresh content.