Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two new screenshots of City Living!

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    !! Where were these from?? Look at that view! :o
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Karaoke
    New tattoos (colourful)
    Interesting prints/patterns on clothes
    3D backdrop skyscrapers (not just 2D ones) - I love the lights.
    Nice ethnic braid bun
    New drop earrings x3 (at least, about time)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I was like "oh those buildings actually have Windows" and then realised they were inside one of those buildings.

Woo.

(Minor complaint) this area looks exactly like Bridgeport.
    Bridgeport even has that little city bit at the back (although the FX is better in this one).
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited September 2016
    Okay to add on to @EmmaVane list I'm noticing what appears to be a more modern sense of decor.
    1FKDfKj.png
    edited September 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I was like "oh those buildings actually have Windows" and then realised they were inside one of those buildings.

Woo.

(Minor complaint) this area looks exactly like Bridgeport.
    Bridgeport even has that little city bit at the back (although the FX is better in this one).

That water-included broader cityscape reminds me of Hong Kong, and the view from the window is very Lost in Translation Tokyo.

Anyway, skyscraper dense cities do tend to end up looking somewhat alike that way, and also tend to be located on water. It feels very Asian to me, though! Which I'm okay with (and which also reminds me that my husband says I really ought to go to Tokyo - he's been twice on business trips). Can't wait for real detail!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Beautiful shots!
    :chants to self "Just because it looks like they are in an apartment, does not mean they are... it could be staged... could be staged, stop freaking out about apartments and high rises, Ceres... stop... stop... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! Freaking out!"

Love the backgrounds. <3 This will do nicely for my purposes. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Fun Fact: Karaoke Machines were brought back in TS2 Nightlife. (Originally they were first in the Sims Franchise for Sims Superstar)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Oof. That background in the 2nd pic is very papery. Hope that its just the angle and not anything else. But anyway.

Looks like we got skyscraper lots! And they can be different types! Hope that they have different floors in the buildings with different types and things. Also, I hope this means we got elevators back!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    edited September 2016

From SimsViP. <3
    simsvip.com/2016/09/12/sims-4-city-living-two-new-screenshots/

Edit: Oh nevermind, she cited Ele!
    Ele where did you get these?!!!??

From SimsViP. <3
    simsvip.com/2016/09/12/sims-4-city-living-two-new-screenshots/

But they got them from here ;)

Anyway, I'm not complaining. They look pretty legit to me - I think that's the same dress!
  • AdiikAdiik Posts: 39 Member
    Oh my... I can't wait. ❤️ <3<3:D
    edited September 2016
    @luthienrising I saw that shortly after I posted. lol Totally curious about where Elelunicy got them. Great share! I'm visually feasting upon them over and over. rofl
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Oooh, so karaoke is back? Good. It was something I really missed from previous games. Hopefully kids have some cute performances! Also, really not liking how fake that backdrop looks, but oh well, I guess I should be used to it by now.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Idk how I feel about the backgrounds...But I like the tattoos/karaoke
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Please oh please let that be karaoke for real, and not a staged thing with the comedy microphone. :crosses fingers:
  • MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    This looks great, that view is gorgeous!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    How on earth do people find these things?! are they looking in special internet places that I don't know about?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    How on earth do people find these things?! are they looking in special internet places that I don't know about?

I found those from the official website :p
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    A lot of the décor looks ethnic/crafted. I wonder if we'll be able to buy stuff like that from stalls during the Cultural Festivals?
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Please oh please let that be karaoke for real, and not a staged thing with the comedy microphone. :crosses fingers:

There is a new object in front of them, which I'm guessing is a karaoke machine. Good thing they made it small, and not make it one giant stage with a screen at the front projecting the words in Simlish.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The guy sitting on the couch in the first picture is holding a new type of glass. Looks like a tea glass, very pretty and colorful.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Now why didn't I think of that?! *facepalm*
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited September 2016

There is a new object in front of them, which I'm guessing is a karaoke machine. Good thing they made it small, and not make it one giant stage with a screen at the front projecting the words in Simlish.
    You're totally right. :tries not to get too excited... fails...: LOL
    elelunicy wrote: »

Just stares... are you freaking serious?! :facepalms and chides self: LOL
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    A lot of the décor looks ethnic/crafted. I wonder if we'll be able to buy stuff like that from stalls during the Cultural Festivals?
    This would be cool, I liked doing that in previous versions of the game. It will be even better if my sim can craft it and sell it at the Cultural Festival!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Beautiful shots!
    :chants to self "Just because it looks like they are in an apartment, does not mean they are... it could be staged... could be staged, stop freaking out about apartments and high rises, Ceres... stop... stop... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! Freaking out!"

Love the backgrounds. <3 This will do nicely for my purposes. lol

Their on a balcony highrise.
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    Oof. That background in the 2nd pic is very papery. Hope that its just the angle and not anything else. But anyway.

Looks like we got skyscraper lots! And they can be different types! Hope that they have different floors in the buildings with different types and things. Also, I hope this means we got elevators back!

I'd say its confirmed that we will have elevators xD i doubt they will use stairs