Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something has to happen. Now!

Is it just me or is The sims 4 VERY slow in its progress? I mean, it´s been two years now, and we only had two expansions so far? And the last one was in december 2015! I don´t know about you but i´m not satisfied with stuff packs ONLY. I want new functions, and a lot of them (and where is my toddlers??) I mean comparing to the sims 1, 2 and 3 we had at least two expansions a year, with A LOT of new functions, interactions and all of that. Is it just me that feels that nothing happends? Are they working on something big or what? I´ve played The Sims for 15 years and i+m now and adult, AND expecting a child in a few weeks. My point is that i DO NOT want to give up on my favourite game, my life partner in crime, my best friend when i had no one else and my life saver when everything was hard and bad. I could always jump in to the sims world and forget my own life for a while, and that has actually helped me a lot. I really don´t want to let go, but something must happen soon. Please

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Did you post this exact thing, like word for word, earlier today, or did I get less sleep than I thought I did?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Threads like these are starting to get seriously old :(
  • Options
    IngopingoIngopingo Posts: 34 Member
    @IceDrizzle27 - yes, i know, BUT i really think EA should start listening to us, especially those who have played The sims since the beginning, and paid a lot of money for all the games. They wouldn´t have come this far without us, right??

@Piperbird - Yes, i did, but i used a word that was against the rules so they removed my post. So i removed that word and posted again :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ingopingo wrote: »
    Is it just me or is The sims 4 VERY slow in its progress? I mean, it´s been two years now, and we only had two expansions so far? And the last one was in december 2015! I don´t know about you but i´m not satisfied with stuff packs ONLY. I want new functions, and a lot of them (and where is my toddlers??) I mean comparing to the sims 1, 2 and 3 we had at least two expansions a year, with A LOT of new functions, interactions and all of that. Is it just me that feels that nothing happends? Are they working on something big or what? I´ve played The Sims for 15 years and i+m now and adult, AND expecting a child in a few weeks. My point is that i DO NOT want to give up on my favourite game, my life partner in crime, my best friend when i had no one else and my life saver when everything was hard and bad. I could always jump in to the sims world and forget my own life for a while, and that has actually helped me a lot. I really don´t want to let go, but something must happen soon. Please

There's an expansion trailer dropping tomorrow.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well it is as I said, there is a very long news drought at the moment.

But every drought is followed by a flood and the first teaser has already been shown so 'watch this space' ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IngopingoIngopingo Posts: 34 Member
    @luthienrising - yes, i saw that now, but still.. only one EP / year? I hope this new one comes with a lot of new functions. I´m tired of being disapointed now. I wish i could play the sims 3 again, but that game is really messed up with all the bugs and errors, and that´s something we waited for them to fix for all the sims 3 years, so it´s not going to happen now either.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    @IceDrizzle27 - yes, i know, BUT i really think EA should start listening to us, especially those who have played The sims since the beginning, and paid a lot of money for all the games. They wouldn´t have come this far without us, right??

I myself am a long time player since ts1 debuted and yes, I totally agree with you...they should be listening, there should be more done to ts4, but how many more "I hate this, I'm done with that, etc. threads are we going to see pop up and still yet no change. I'm not coming at you specifically, but these threads are old. They are still not going to change what they have planned. I'm trying to roll with the punches and find a common ground, but I'm done with these type of threads.

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    We'll get there when we get there. Don't make EA pull this car over!

Sorry...couldn't resist...
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    No need to break it to you, but these threads are posted everyday and are getting old, we just have to deal with what is missing right now and hope for it to come in the future. The first two sims 3 expansion packs were dull and bad to many people, I remember reading reviews of them. EA is not going to all of a sudden work on all of these things, stat, because you want them. Besides, who says they aren't already working on these?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In your thread title, you demand that something happen NOW! Well, tomorrow we get a trailer and still you complain? You're one of those players that get a more of a thrill complaining about the game than playing it.
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member

I was going to say something similar. Not so much about the expansions, but that they haven't done much since August 22nd. ?? What's up? All of a sudden, no news or anything. I looked back at the previous 3 months and it appears like they have had news or an update, or released something anywhere from 3 to 5 times a month. Now, nothing for a while now. Strange. I'll take a look at the trailer but it just feels slow lately. Doesn't anyone else notice this, too?
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    In your thread title, you demand that something happen NOW! Well, tomorrow we get a trailer and still you complain? You're one of those players that get a more of a thrill complaining about the game than playing it.

Pot meet kettle.
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    why do people never include the game packs with the '2 expansion packs in 2 years' line...
    Sims 4 has heaps of paid content. Sure, original "expansion" packs don't come out as often I suppose but I wouldn't say its moving slowly. We'll definitely be getting all the fan faves like Pets and Seasons back before the end of its run since it wont have a set 5 year lifespan from what I've heard.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Congrats on the baby OP! And yeah... We're getting a trailer tomorrow. Don't give up on the game... I know how you feel.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    I don't mind the waiting time because every single pack they've put out so far has been phenomenal. What's the point in getting great content if there isn't time to build up the anticipation? Every scene in a movie can't be a climactic one... you have to build up to it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    blugar44 wrote: »
    why do people never include the game packs with the '2 expansion packs in 2 years' line...
    Sims 4 has heaps of paid content. Sure, original "expansion" packs don't come out as often I suppose but I wouldn't say its moving slowly. We'll definitely be getting all the fan faves like Pets and Seasons back before the end of its run since it wont have a set 5 year lifespan from what I've heard.

Game packs, and stuff packs that include actual game play items and that cost less than stuff packs did in previous Sims games. Yes, they don't provide "depth" (whatever that is), but they can add quite a bit to your game. When my Sims' son and daughter were younger, the family would go out to breakfast every Sunday morning, like my family would do -- now that the kids are teens and getting involved in their own activities (like staying out all night partying then sleeping till noon in the case of my teen boy Lance), it's switched to dinner out after the mom gets home from her job as a painter. And I'm about to move the family to Oakenstead in Willow Creek, which has plenty of room for a water slide and all sorts of outdoor entertainment; might even put in a pool. (Mom has the Mansion Builder aspiration and I've pretty much exhausted upgrading their current house.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I don't mind the waiting time because every single pack they've put out so far has been phenomenal. What's the point in getting great content if there isn't time to build up the anticipation? Every scene in a movie can't be a climactic one... you have to build up to it.

@Loudon_Wainwright, you have a valid point there. I guess we have gotten spoiled with the frequent news items, updates, gameplay fixes, & gameplay suggestion (comments), that when we don't see something every other week at least---we begin to wonder if the world is crumbling...? Nah...not really that dramatic for me, but I do love the frequent release of the aforementioned items. I was really beginning to wonder (& worry) a little--that Maxis was having another "burp" in the company works again. Looks like we didn't have anything to worry about?
    Here's to a wonderful new expansion pack. I can't wait to hear more! :)