Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: Origin Update & 64-bit on PCs

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I think there should be a third option automatic detection where it will detect if your rig can handle 32 bit or 64 bit.
    crinrict wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Thanks, just changed mine back, new origin is pretty *Insert swear here*

Turns out it's just a UI error, not really reverting to 32-bit, so you would have been ok :)
    let me get this right even it said 32 bit it will go into 64bit?

You can check in the task manager. It should say (32) on the process if it's running in 32 bit
    Are you referring to Sims 4 program or Origin app, can Origin run in 64 bit? I ran Sims 4 and in task manager it does not specify 32 bit or 64 bit just the Origin app unless I am reading something else?

If it's just SIms 4 then it's 64 bit.

Origin doesn't matter.
    Thank you :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2016
    Just took out my sims 4 and my Origin, I am excited I got the old Origin back and it is running. All games are there and they are working fine. I guess new Origin does not work for me. Now I have about 23 hours to wait for the download again. I have slow internet here on the Island
    @Goldmoldar I sent you a message.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    How did I get this version of origins I hate it?
    6KneVp4GPlNEkEC19crpKA6nWXIDK.jpg

Oh good, someone else is not a fan. I want the UI I had yesterday back. I don't like this new thing at all. Already. It's not nearly as configurable.

well check out here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899379/i-am-having-some-serious-problems-people#latest I too am not a fan.

I went into my game I can't do anything to my town but place buildings, I can't bull-dose them I do not even get the options to do that I do not get the three circles on the bottom giving me the options, so I am not having a great time with this. I have re-installed and everything. Both game and Origin. Keep the old one. I asked in chat why did they mess with something that worked, I was told because that is what they needed to do. WHAT?

@jimmysnan My offer still stands, to help get your files/folders straightened up. Please PM me (whether you want to let me do this or not...), I'm off this week starting tomorrow. I'd love to hear from you! (I wondered what had happened to you...)
    edited September 2016

Oh good, someone else is not a fan. I want the UI I had yesterday back. I don't like this new thing at all. Already. It's not nearly as configurable.

well check out here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899379/i-am-having-some-serious-problems-people#latest I too am not a fan.

I went into my game I can't do anything to my town but place buildings, I can't bull-dose them I do not even get the options to do that I do not get the three circles on the bottom giving me the options, so I am not having a great time with this. I have re-installed and everything. Both game and Origin. Keep the old one. I asked in chat why did they mess with something that worked, I was told because that is what they needed to do. WHAT?

@jimmysnan My offer still stands, to help get your files/folders straightened up. Please PM me (whether you want to let me do this or not...), I'm off this week starting tomorrow. I'd love to hear from you! (I wondered what had happened to you...)

I will pm you right after my sims 4 gets loaded. It will take about 23 hours, so I am leaving it on while I sleep. This will be a whole new game so there are no folders or files in it. just the basic game. I knew you were busy and just did not want to bother you again. I also have been celebrating I am so excited, I am a cancer survivor. Hooray!!!! I can't believe it I have had this sims 4 downloading just the base game, for 15 hours and it is only half way there. Going to be a long time.
    Post edited by jimmysnan on
    edited September 2016

I will pm you right after my sims 4 gets loaded. It will take about 23 hours, so I am leaving it on while I sleep. This will be a whole new game so there are no folders or files in it. just the basic game. I knew you were busy and just did not want to bother you again. I also have been celebrating I am so excited, I am a cancer survivor. Hooray!!!!

That is GREAT news! I am SO happy to see you say that!! :)

As for not bothering me, you really weren't. I honestly meant what I said, I'd have been tickled to see a huge "here ya go" message from you with links to files for me to dig into.

I thought I'd upset you, or overstepped maybe (I'm famous for that), when I didn't hear from you again. Kinda left things up in the air from my POV... glad it was more "you got busy" than anything I did or said.

I'll look forward to that PM. :)

It's possible MC 2.15 will be available by the time your download finishes, too. I have a feeling it's coming tomorrow, if not tonight. I'll let folks know, watch my sig or page. ;) (If it's tonight, I won't know till after I get home from work in the morning.)

I will pm you right after my sims 4 gets loaded. It will take about 23 hours, so I am leaving it on while I sleep. This will be a whole new game so there are no folders or files in it. just the basic game. I knew you were busy and just did not want to bother you again. I also have been celebrating I am so excited, I am a cancer survivor. Hooray!!!!

As for not bothering me, you really weren't. I honestly meant what I said, I'd have been tickled to see a huge "here ya go" message from you with links to files for me to dig into.

I thought I'd upset you, or overstepped maybe (I'm famous for that), when I didn't hear from you again. Kinda left things up in the air from my POV... glad it was more "you got busy" than anything I did or said.

It's possible MC 2.15 will be available by the time your download finishes, too. I have a feeling it's coming tomorrow, if not tonight. I'll let folks know, watch my sig or page. ;) (If it's tonight, I won't know till after I get home from work in the morning.

I do not know how to send you any files and I think I messaged you to ask how to do that and never got a response.

It's possible MC 2.15 will be available by the time your download finishes, too. I have a feeling it's coming tomorrow, if not tonight. I'll let folks know, watch my sig or page. ;) (If it's tonight, I won't know till after I get home from work in the morning.

I do not know how to send you any files and I think I messaged you to ask how to do that and never got a response.

It must've gotten lost somehow. My inbox recently apparently lost a few posts, I couldn't find one of the lists I PM a certain file link to. Just because I have a horrible memory, ask me in that PM when you send it, and I'll cover it then. :) Running out of time tonight, work prep and work incoming SOON now.

More in AM. Trust me! LOL
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited September 2016
    Oops. Try again...
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Fantastic news @jimmysnan! My mum is a breast cancer survivor too :):):)<3

Fantastic news @jimmysnan! My mum is a breast cancer survivor too :):):)<3

Thank you glad you feel well and are back on here.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I finally got the new version of Origin today (not sure why I only got the update now) but thanks to seeing this thread before I remembered to check my game settings :) Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks @luthienrising for making this thread. :)
    I'm totally going to have to get used to the new Origin though, I probably have to put it in full screen now...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    I finally got the new version of Origin today (not sure why I only got the update now) but thanks to seeing this thread before I remembered to check my game settings :) Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks @luthienrising for making this thread. :)
    I'm totally going to have to get used to the new Origin though, I probably have to put it in full screen now...

It does have a learning curve. I got it a couple of times, but I had some issues and have to re-install Sims 4 :/ and when I went into re-install Origin I have gone back to the Original #9 so I am happy as in the new version #10 I did not have any of my sims 3 games, I did get a free to play Sims 3 pack that has expansion and stuff pack in it. I hope that does not mean that I have lost it. I have trouble playing it but sometimes I go back and play it. I still want it in my Origin as I purchased all of it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ok, I just got the update, first impression: Whoever designed that god awful UI needs to get fired ASAP, it looks like those old 2003 shady programs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ok, I just got the update, first impression: Whoever designed that god awful UI needs to get fired ASAP, it looks like those old 2003 shady programs.

Check out your games make sure they are all there, also check the game you are playing I got some surprises in mine. Am re-installing
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Thanks for sharing this... I saw this post the other day, and I've been meaning to check Origin.

Totally forgot about it, though, and every time I've played TS4 since updating Origin, the game's been skipping and lagging, and just acting unusual. Welp. I just remembered to check, and it had, indeed, switched me back to 32-bit.
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2016
    Anyone know how I can get it to not be so big it's larger than my screen? It even trims the restore down and close buttons when maximised.

y3mGaxCqN4ClVchtOLXsOimQn3sUXWnGlHP0X8FMkv4PmPVx_SNMlFaKs4PEzaYHbo_hvHtU_VdYOaj7GOtEPjRQPQq12hnkbEIKnQmGR-YUiDnfsHWqXVJ6QqUOlVfZL5BoU13p3KwWWYue7QKSJ06Bg_3zSKUBErEvcE8OoPz06s?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
    Not a cropped image, but how it actually appears!

Edited to add,

For reference, here's it's size relative to IE:

y3mzonR8e_3SyAjaNQk-ETu76TER9N-BtthM5gcCRpceAcj-YVdgRGwRLW9RxSjfDC_TWJNNqT_HVUIqbMZXvL5ucqjwY_Vp-JZYwzJF8uXKmep2Wf1uiRSMRb-OL712q5ejZjMqE1MMd0p-ZmUMFGweiUnKG9NrfSW0m9GY_dPnmY?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    mine is the same, no update message popped up (I do not have auto update on)
    Bert1701 wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can get it to not be so big it's larger than my screen? It even trims the restore down and close buttons when maximised.

y3mGaxCqN4ClVchtOLXsOimQn3sUXWnGlHP0X8FMkv4PmPVx_SNMlFaKs4PEzaYHbo_hvHtU_VdYOaj7GOtEPjRQPQq12hnkbEIKnQmGR-YUiDnfsHWqXVJ6QqUOlVfZL5BoU13p3KwWWYue7QKSJ06Bg_3zSKUBErEvcE8OoPz06s?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

Edited to add,

y3mzonR8e_3SyAjaNQk-ETu76TER9N-BtthM5gcCRpceAcj-YVdgRGwRLW9RxSjfDC_TWJNNqT_HVUIqbMZXvL5ucqjwY_Vp-JZYwzJF8uXKmep2Wf1uiRSMRb-OL712q5ejZjMqE1MMd0p-ZmUMFGweiUnKG9NrfSW0m9GY_dPnmY?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

Check to see also if you are missing any games. I was missing some games in my library.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Bert1701 wrote: »

Edited to add,

Check to see also if you are missing any games. I was missing some games in my library.

I also have the problem of Origin not fitting on my screen. Is there a solution?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Re: Origin Size:

To my knowledge, this issue has been escalated to the Origin team and is hopefully being worked on.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• DaniBosGirlDaniBosGirl Posts: 52 Member

Anyone else hating this new Origin loader? I liked the old one better.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I have the update as of this morning. All working well for me. Took a while to find where everything was but it all seems to be there.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    mine is the same, no update message popped up (I do not have auto update on)

I got the update message first on mine last night. No problems with it so far.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    I think I have a workaround for the Origin scale problem. I think it's to do with the scaling you have setup for Windows. If I change this to 100% on mine then Origin looks fine.

y3mWhYVec-lMQIc38MQp7dSRFaXyYer9hP9XVqjAOzjcwAj6mSX2xHPkQdcN1EHxQXao5paz4-4og8ljh2ZwMY0sF7ZfgnpwZnJ9wu_lmBKeiu4fdDUQbebURE9hFxyX30B40kUWmeoTdOFbyQzrgGQuclObOKCDMcGFSlKv_nE5VU?width=660&height=543&cropmode=none

Unfortunately that's not very practical for me due to my PC setup/distance from screen, and 100% makes everything else so small it hurts my eyes to read it, but it might help with anyone else who can change the settings without problems.