Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited September 2016
    EJ36sMv.jpg

Dr. Wade Anthony was the dean of the technology department at Sims University. He'd come to helm the institute from the dot-com world, where he'd built his own software company while still in college.

Screenshot-549.jpg

Though Dr. Anthony was known as a loner, he had taken a liking to one of the other professors on campus. In fact, he'd had that professor's son, Andrew, Jr. (AJ), and her daughter-in-law, Alexandra, as students a few years back.

Alexandra had once challenged Dr. Anthony to bowling. During that bowling match, he took the opportunity to discuss her senior project:

The professor decided to change the subject. "Have you thought about what you're going to do your thesis on?"
    "Well, back at home," Alexandra revealed, "I was working on an experiment --"
    Now the professor was intrigued. "Experiment?"
    "I was trying to see if ghosts could be completely resurrected."

Screenshot-62_zps31ba740f.jpg

In fact, AJ's future bride, Alexandra, had spent her entire winter break that semester searching for the mystical Fountain of Youth in an attempt to resurrect her father.

Screenshot-392_zpsede08526.jpg

She'd poured the contents of that water into a vial in an old time machine. It was this experiment that would later capture the attention of one Atom Beaker in Oasis Landing.

Back to the present day, and Dr. Anthony found himself with another stunning student.

AeKWc34.jpg

"Last one to class is a rotten egg!" Jana Soderlund teased as Kaydence's shoes clopped behind her. There had been a brief shower that morning and both the girls' clothes were damp.
    "I can't run in heels!" Kaydence grumbled.

qzPTeNg.jpg

"Who told you to wear them?"
    "Hey, I didn't know it was going to rain!"
    "You would if you watched the weather report and carried your umbrella once in awhile!"

ctLW3NM.jpg

Dr. Anthony was beginning his lecture on the solar system when Jana and Kaydence walked in. He had drawn a picture of a planet on the whiteboard.

7MI5Kjb.jpg

Kaydence took her customary seat on the front row. Jana took her spot directly behind Kaydence.

x6uw3Wd.jpg

"For many, many years, we've been taught that there are nine planets in our current solar system. We've been told that Pluto is the planet that is furthest away from the sun. But thanks to advances in modern technology, our view of the solar system has been changing. Astronomers found a mass that is even larger than Pluto and has its own satellites. Which begs the question, just what constitutes a planet?"

MFy0mW8.jpg

Hands shot up. But ultimately Kaydence's name was called.

cJua5aR.jpg

"What about the Simulon satellites and Sixam? Are they considered planets or mere satellites of other planets? What to make then of Oasis Landing? Is it on earth or another dimension?"

Q5qk5jQ.jpg

"Very insightful inquiries, Kaydence. For years, the Simulon satellites have been considered as transneptunian objects, that is, sub-planetary bodies beyond Neptune. However, with more powerful telescopes being developed, astronomers are now learning that even some of the Simulons themselves have satellites orbiting around them, as if miniature replicas of larger solar systems."

CROzTHB.jpg

Jana, however, kept her hand risen, but by the time she began to speak, the dismissal bell had rung.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    Great updates everyone! I haven't been able to update my story because i broke my glasses and also haven't been feeling the greatest, but i will post an update soon! :smiley:
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Sorry, guys, I'm being slow again. ;)

@TadOlson: Thanks. :D Aw, Cappy is so tiny! :D Awesome that they've upgraded far enough to get a double bed! :D Nice closer screen shots of them eating. Looks like they had a nice day at home. :D Wow, those fish aren't going to stand a chance! :D Wow, that's a heavy blizzard for the last day of winter! Looks like it decided to go out with a bang! :D Looks like they made good progress on their paintings. :D Well, good it started melting so fast, and didn't decide to linger into spring! :D Nice close up on Eli, looks like she's eating food that hasn't gone bad yet. :D They must be getting good at painting! :D That's a bright rainbow, good catch! :D Waiter spam glitch? What's that? Of all the things to eat while bad, it had to be sushi! (Ami: "Hey, it's only lightly fermented...there are places that do this to fish on purpose and spend months getting it that way!")

@Venus: Sebastian was nailing it! ;) That was very cool to be able to see him playing the keyboard like that. :D Maybe it's because in order to catch a burglar, you fight them, and good people are less inclined to fight someone than to let them escape unharmed? (In the abhorring violence sort of way?) That's my guess as to why. :D I know evil people and mean spirited people will fight someone at the drop of a hat...but I was rather perplexed to find out that an evil guy couldn't attack a burglar...you have to have a different trait to do it, because apparently evil people are known for being wallflowers when you cross them... ;) Especially when no one knows where you are or will ask questions. ;) It makes far more sense to me that good people would let things slide and avoid violence...and I think there is even an option to let the burglar go when there is that long period when the cop has the burglar waiting by the car, but I've never actually taken that option, I've only read about it. :D (In my mind, an evil person would murder a burglar unless he had another use in mind, so when in my Evil Travel Agent's game, Nicolae got burglarized, twice, I mentioned how he tracked the criminals down and extracted them...in one case, he was mentioning how the position was now vacant...and in the other, he kidnapped the blue haired female burglar to blackmail into being a babysitter for his kids so they'd have a proper evil role model, and not turn all good and wear all white and listen to elevator music...(Nicolae: "Never say I didn't take every precaution to give them a proper evil upbringing, but if they are really that stuppid, well, I'll have to scrap them and start again.")

33xv4ib.jpg

There is no way the first burglar could take Nicolae's rabbit rug while looking at him like this...without some later doom befalling him...a good person could let it slide and say to themselves that it's only a rug, it's not worth anyone's life... but not Nicolae! (Nicolae: "What? I'm going to destroy the world. This man simply cut in line. Besides, it was the only way to stop the rabbit rug from crying all night, after it saw that the mean man would never hurt it again, it settled down.") But I would expect more restraint from 'good' people; this is probably also why Sage would be reluctant to have children that could apprehend the burglar, since that actually translates to being willing to fight burglars...probably not very eager to have a little batman to deal with...she'd probably had enough of dealing with the police...she doesn't need her kids trying to clean up the streets...and getting brought home in handcuffs. :D

Lol @ "baseball scavenger hunt" Yeah, riding a horse is not like riding a car! ;) Lol @ them wondering if Berthe had the wrong people. :D Nope! :D Well, she's following in her mom's footsteps. :D She's probably having quite a time experiencing the same things her mom told her about. (Sage: "The rations tasted like a boiled dog? Yeah, I can see that...maybe a terrier, I was really thinking she meant a doberman.") Then again, now that they've been nectar tasting, I'm sure she's got vocab for describing it more lol. :D Kyle: "This way we both get our workout!" Sage: "This way you get practice clearing wreckage for when those earthquakes hit at work!" Yeah, the shiny gleaming baseball! (It must have been signed by a star...no, the twinkle, twinkle kind!) ;)

*Wince* That's not good! That's terrible, I'm glad you have a laptop, it would have been terrible to lose them all after all this time with your backup going down too! Yeah, when my laptop died, it just wouldn't turn on, and gave me an endlessly repeating series of beeps...so, I really hope yours is nicer to you! :D

Lol- I wouldn't say embracing...he absolutely hates peanut butter (he wanted to like it...but the actual taste is 'vile' to him)...but he's eating it because he thinks if he doesn't eat it that will be an insult to Zelda...she could get him to eat nearly anything if she put it in front of him and expected him to eat it with her. On the plus side, Zelda can get him to try things he'd never try if it were just say, Vladimir or Cyrus trying to get him to try it. (It doesn't help that Vladimir loved grossing him out by telling him about Simerican food!) (Vladimir: ["No, Rafael, it's not really dog, that's just a joke name...like our Bird's Milk... it's ground beef, chicken and pork with pink slime filler...Pink slime? It's basically beef that they 'save' by separating it from it's fat via centrifuge... and then by running the meat bits through ammonia gas! Yeah, the caustic stuff, like in cleaners and fertilizers, no, I'm not confused that's what they use! So, in the end, they have this filler that is technically 'beef'...handy, huh? It's outlawed by countries with actual food standards, but stupidd Simericans will eat anything! What? Back to the Russian Shashlik stand? Such an unadventurous eater!"

I like how Jana and Kaydence interact. lol @ "who told you to wear them" ("Are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse? Alien invasion? An army of badly programmed Plumbots dedicated to replacing your limbs with door knobs? Can you run at a moment's notice? You aren't wearing heels, are you? You've heard of the Fashion Police, what you don't know is that they are the entry positions for the Fashion Elite Force, the Old Navy Seals, mind you, where, we've chosen to dedicate our lives to keeping you on your toes! Oh, and your toes in comfortable running shoes!) ;) (Sorry, I couldn't think of anything to incorporate a version of Fashion Secret Police scary enough to use, I had to settle for an Old Navy pun if that tells you how I have no clue...I simply don't know enough about fashion to pull that off.) ;) Clearly, I'm usually in the Jana camp there, but Kaydence should be allowed to dress how she wants as long as it's not hurting anyone. (Jana: "Have you seen what heels do to a spine long term? It's hurting her!") (Me: "Remember, she's got access to future technology, she can probably photoshop those injuries out of reality with a quick trip to the future. So, not really hurting her...long term.") (Jana: "Do they really call it photoshopping that far into the future?") (Me: "Do we still call it 'print' even though it's not done on printing presses anymore? It's just a guess which things will stick and which won't. But at the moment, you know what I'm saying, right?") Anyway... :D Yeah, they reclassified Pluto as a 'dwarf planet' instead of a planet in 2005, when they'd considered that there were bigger transneptunian objects in the Kuiper belt, such as Eris- and when they created the 'dwarf planet' classification to stick all these newly discovered objects into! :D So, that's where Sixam is, then? Simulon Satallites, huh that sounds fun, I'd like to hear more about that! :D Wild! :D (Though I didn't know the class knows about Oasis Landing! I thought that was private Kaydence future stuff!) I feel for Jana, it can be really frustrating to have something to say and to be overlooked. But she did start to speak, after the bell, then? :D Did anyone hear her? (Surely at least Kaydence did? Being that she's directly behind her?) :D
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 -I've taken breaks from sims in hot weather before.
    @Zabeth0 -Great update!The waiter spam glitch was where waiters got assigned to all of the ITTF food replicators because I forgot to disable assignments in Register.I had to remove all waiters and disable new assignemts.My sims seem to think it's bad to waste food.That's why they'll eat spoiled food instead of throwing it out.
    @venusdemilosims -I had to grab a Mod from my external hard drive and the Mod worked when I installed it.I didn't use a back up program to make a back up of my files on the hard drive though I just copied them over.Great update!
    @Randomness000 -Hi there!Thanks for your comment.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Late Fall-1551.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up early on that late fall morning and ready for the day quickly.
    29265318980_8018146ecb.jpg
    29265310570_27b888a190.jpg
    They both started painting after chores were done as it started pouring rain outside.
    29555349395_c4c91ff84d.jpg
    They managed to finish their paintings and sold them.
    29521369366_25de1d2fce.jpg
    They started writing stories on their computers after taking washroom breaks and eating lunch.
    28932331653_4da10ac5fc.jpg
    It was almost 8PM when they got the extension built and got ready for bed.
    29521342596_8961e729de.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @Ianlyn: Thank you! :D Oh, yes. :D Yeah, that was a hard won reconciliation. :D Yeah, to the tropics! :D It's taking me longer than I intended, but I'm sure I'll get there soon. :D I'm looking forward to letting them goof off for a while. :D

The staircase looks very nice there. :D It's a much better use of the space. :D It's cool to know what cheats to use to do this while sims are still there. :D That can save me a lot of work in juggling sims! Lovely glass roof there. :D Looks snazzy! :D Oh, I don't remember ever noticing those re-colorable chimneys- good to know! :D (I loved other things in that set, maybe missed that. :D) Lol, looks like they are excited...about the renovations...yeah. ;)

Aliens can be so crazy in some games. :D I've really rarely had an alien pregnancy...but in some games everyone but the young adult male have been kidnapped randomly...sometimes multiple times. :D And they usually do it when I'm trying to do something... like Deedee being alien abducted while I was trying to arrange the basement scene with Rafael, Deedee and Zelda. It's like 'come on guys, in all the time you want to take one of my sims, now? Really? And what's wrong with the vampire? You don't want to take the young adult male vampire and make it ridiculously interesting? Have aliens save Zelda? But no, if they were just going to kidnap Deedee, that'd ruin my plans without giving me anything more crazy to use instead. :D (Earnest: What, I've already drowned, now that I don't have to breathe water is more fun! I get all the fun without the drowning bit. I can't freeze to death either, so wheeeee!) Poor Champion Chestnut. :D (Clyde: "Shine bright like a diamond! I can't get that song out of my head! Darn that catchy tune!") Ruby looks rather happy. :D Lol- sometime....after tea! ;)

Ah, that's the household the puppies came from! :D Lol- yeah, a former ghost dancing with a fairy Dudley Racket is too funny! :D My game has a thing for fat fairies, I'm not sure whether the game just nominates bigger sims for being fairies or they get big as fairies. Sometimes it's funny to see who the game turns into what supernatural. :D Sounds like a sensible change. :D (The routing in this game can be quite a pain!) :D Yeah, Cosmos alone (the red ones, so easy to spot, bright red) are $600, so you can rake in the Simoleans with fresh flowers! (And unlike gemstones you don't have to have machinery or send them off to get cut to get the amount, just straight sold!) :D Yeah, the insanity in this game can be quite silly, much better than the real kind. ;) Yeah, don't want those burglars to beat him up! Yeah, if we could run off the pounds like sims I'm sure everyone would be in shape! (Of course, we'd also be only one perfect sandwich or so away from having to spend time running it off...) Probably better to discover while he's not an overweight fairy. ;) Lol, well hopefully he doesn't call it "benefits" to Di...with her dress, she seems to be from an era which would not appreciate that! (Di: "Your generation did not invent woohoo! And you're not going to drag us back to using love apples!" Me: *bows and shuts up!*) Well, I was getting worried that his cake was going to catch fire! That's a relief. :D So, he just got more distinguished...it's a shame he wasn't ready for it, but I was worried because on the other update their house is empty... so I'm hoping that they moved out safe and sound! ;) He looks better as an elder! :D Aww @ "Too bad he wasted so much of his life before meeting Di" that sounds like love feels. :D

So they don't have to go up to the attic every night, probably far better on their old bones and joints. :D Wow, the pets have beds in the basement, they have a two story pet condo! :D Ground floor and basement! :D I can imagine some of the sci fi elevators, all talking and being of great service to the pets! [being that there is no way for the animals to reach the buttons, yet the elevators respond to them...] (Sci Fi Elevator: "How can I be of service to Senior Poirot today? Oh, the basement for a special cat nap, very good, sir! And my, can't I tell you what clean lines you have on your fluffy coat this evening...?" Poriot: *Meow.* Sci Fi Elevator: "You're right, I'll get you right there, sir! Enjoy your stay! I'm just a mew away!" Poirot: *narrows eyes and walks away* (Sci Fi Elevator: "Whew! I completely kept my urge to make 'mewt jokes' in check. That makes...two and half hours since my last mewt joke! Whew, on a roll, baby!") Lol - reunited! Very nice. :D Perfect job for a plumbot, since all the organ donation required by that job would turn one into a plumbot eventually anyway... :D Lol @ "dog eat dog" reference for an actual dog! :D Oh no, it wasn't the dogs that attacked the squirrel! So, the pets have cliques. ;) Wow, Watson makes a much better maid than most maids. :D (Watson: "It's all that lack of sleeping. A bored plumbot can't eat ice cream from the freezer or drink juice from the bar...with less 'needs' than the living, we have to do something with our time. As a medical professional... I have read the latest studies, and order is good for the mind, so I'm attempting to heal my household by putting it in order.") Lol- oh, well, red long johns, clearly he's dressed for love! ;) That's the insanity again. :D Sometimes it sort of makes sense... (Nicolae: "What? People swim in suits, everyone knows that! Mine is just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 than theirs!") Just don't make any jokes about her being off her rocker! ;) (Nicolae: "What? Clearly she's trying to dress up to catch the attention of the eligible bachelor with the red long johns. Hey, perfectly sane sims call for swimsuit parties in winter obviously to see what their fellow sims have to offer! Either that or to prove they are unarmed so people will fooolishly approach them...as though they don't have 30 foot tall laser assassin cyborg parrots at their beck and call! She's just doing it as a more of a private party, that's all.")

That's a good review. :D Ah, yeah, that's why the elderly dog isn't easily spotted by coloring. ;) Lol @ "He prefers to gain his energy in a more dramatic way" (Watson: "So, my records indicate that sims sleep...how was that, did you experience vivid visual, auditory and sensational hallucinations in the safety of your own head, or did your body respond more than that typical rem eye motions behind closed lids? Er, did you 'sleep well?'") (Watson: "Listen to your overlord, puny Sprite! I call him 7 up. Is that funny?"

Old Miss Pepper: Woof: (translation:"I don't have fleas.) Spade: Whooof. (Translation: "That's a friendly thing to say!")

Sorry, I'm rolling because of the squirrel picture over the bed...perhaps it'll encourage a rethinking of Poroit's policy on squirrels. ;)

Oh, well that got tested pretty fast! Oh, nice Chitter is safe...for another day!

I'm sure Dudley's got it made! :D

Oh, that song, ouch! :D Well, I'm glad she's having fun, being a loner at the park. :D

I really like how toddlers can play peek a boo in the playpen...but getting toddlers out of a playpen can be a chore at times. :D I'm glad he can still handle being a dad and it's not a case of the cobbler's son going barefoot! :D Aw, poor oprhan ghost girl getting scared by an evil ghost, hopefully for the last time! :D

Lol @ Travelers' thoughts on being engaged. :D Lol @ guy talk with his horse! :D Lol @ "Not a one." It sounds like Roy is...slowly starting to get the companionship part of marriage is a real thing. :D In his own way, he seems to be getting there. :D Lol @ Hollyhocks!

Yeah, I used to be really annoyed by waiting for my sims to be done sleeping... I mean, seriously, I bought the beds with the highest number for energy (including on some games just playing with the high tech bed that speeds that whole thing up but it's a single bed), and giving them sleeping elixirs like they were koolaid or something...but when having a couple sleep and dream next to each other, I found that snuggle purr thing to be so cute it kind of softened me towards the whole sleeping thing. :D A little. :D I like little details like that... :D

She has good traits. :D Wow, what a goal! :D Lol, wow, how cute is that? :D (Laurel: "And that's why they call it a wrench!") Well, she got to try them both out as parents reading to her! :D Um, is it going to let you build a relationship with her? My experience with ghosts is that once the night is over the ghost forgets all relationship with the person whose been building up a friendship all night with them... I hope you have a way around this. :D

Sorry, I know this is a ramble and a half! Hopefully you find it funny and not a chore to read through! ;)
    edited September 2016
    @Zabeth0 I'm pretty slow now myself, lol. Still trying to get this computer together. Now my Into the Future disk absolutely refuses to work during the reinstall.
    Yeah, Sebastian is massively, massively talented. That much is not in denial. That's why his sister, Savannah, is frustrated and angry that he squandered his natural gifts. She notices the same type of natural talent in her youngest son, Sawyer, and doesn't want him to do the same thing.
    Sebastian and Sage both share family co-founder Nigel's 'Good' trait, which, like you say, could very well mean they abhor violence of any kind. In Sebastian's case, it has manifested into avoiding conflict. You can see, then, how this affected his relationships, particularly with his ex, Madison, who was definitely not above using physical violence to settle disputes with him. It could be seen as letting Madison steamroll him, as Savannah would say and has said many times. You can say in some respects Kaydence has inherited this, but it manifests in a certain idealism, her desire to make the world a better place.
    As for Sage, yeah, she knows her genetics, and though she is family oriented, she is not keen to bring more people with Jolina-Plumb genetics into the world.
    Speaking of Sage, it's funny that she would be out adventuring (on a lesser scale) on her honeymoon. If you remember, Sage's brother and sister-in-law spent their honeymoon in Egypt dodging Satis' biological father who was a criminal.
    Jana, in a way, has brought the 'teenage girl' out of Kaydence, lol. Remember, Kaydence has always acted much older than she is, to the point where she's been the 'grownup' in her relationship with her parents. In real life I, too, am firmly in the Jana camp as far as clothes are concerned, but my mother wants me to be more like Kaydence. Remember, too, that Kaydence comes from the Simmywood world, where appearance is practically everything. With parents and grandparents all in show business, Kaydence knows nothing else. She grew up with a pop star for a mom, so she watched that pop star get dressed every day (and likely with stylists, etc). Jana, as far as we can assume, had a normal childhood without famous relatives in show business.
    Nobody knows about Oasis Landing but Kaydence, but astronomers do know about Sixam (Maxis spelled backwards). In Sims 4 there is a rocket science skill that allows sims to travel there. It's a hidden area in one of the expansion packs. Also, in Sims 3, the astronomer career that is available in Oasis Landing, the sims can 'travel' to Simulon V and Sixam through text messages.
    I said in a previous update that Dr. Anthony would be spending most of his semester as the student and not the teacher, as he'd have a lot to learn from Kaydence the time traveler.
    I tried to incorporate real life astronomy in Dr. Anthony's lecture, so I (admit) I googled something to put in there. It looked like he had drawn a planet so ...

Right now my pix are taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to upload...

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @TadOlson What is that growing in the Ivanovitch's indoor garden? Is that an omniplant--the one on the right? Not sure what I'm seeing.

@Zabeth0 Enjoyed your update! I liked the detail about Rafael's necklace from his grandfather. Rafael is in such an odd position with Zelda. I feel for him. To be someone's reluctant weakness. Their relationship is intriguing to say the least! And also his situation about being in Simerica instead of Mother Russia. ...Are there any side effects for Rafael having colloidal silver in his plasma system? Besides protection from vampires. ...Loved the whole peanut butter thing. ...Rafael is so serious compared to Zelda with her sharp humor and casual speech.

And thanks for all your feedback on my updates. Loved your fun dialog about what I'd written. So great that you take so much time to respond to people's stories.

@venusdemilosims Really interesting backstory about Alexandra and the fountain of youth water. ...Loved the lecture scenes and the science talk. Very realistic. ...Kaydence gets so much attention. I'm beginning to wonder how Jana feels about always being second place behind the smart and lovely Kaydence. ...That's neat about Sixam facts and Easter Eggs in Sims 3 and 4, and that it's Maxis spelled backwards.
    @jillbg: Thanks! :D I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but hopefully soon. :D Thanks. :D Those are silly side stuff, though, just so you know. ;) Yeah, Zelda's Mean Spirited...so even when she means well, she can't seem to resist throwing a jab in there. :D (And her power makes her arrogant.) Yeah, there are quite a lot of different naming traditions with marriage from different cultures. If Zelda had been in Russia her last name would now be Zolnikova, since they usually add an a on for females. :D But trying to change all the last names in family lines to with an a and without an a can be a real pain. :D I didn't even bother with Rafael or Konstantin's Russian family because it's such a headache in this game. (Though I guess it's just CASing them each individually and adding or not an a after each baby is born). I imagine it's easiest to be able to keep your own legal identity, unless, of course, your intention is to hide. :D Any sort of change of your name is a pain in the paperwork, heck, just changing address is a pain and can result in needed paperwork never getting to you, changing last names... but Zelda did it this way because it's what she's seen on tv. :D She thinks its part of benefits of marrying him. :D (And even if he dies, she's keeping his last name, it'll be part of him she can keep.) Well, Zelda's less tired than him, and impatient, of course, so she woke up first and eventually decided to go out and make Deedee stop 'babysitting' her- pretty much trying to make sure Deedee doesn't exhaust herself looking after her when Deedee needs to go home and have sleep herself, but of course, she couldn't have Deedee there and not play with her somehow. :D (To be fair, Deedee is childish and always has been, so Zelda is trying to give her fun as a thank you she can't put words to.) Well, Zelda thinks she should be able to just shrug it off...but that's now how these things actually work. ;) Oh, he'll go along. :D He's a workaholic and wants to go straight to work...but Zelda will have her way. :D Well, Rafael can't ignore things completely, he's a genius, and it's hard not to think of things, but he can make himself keep going anyway. :D Lol- well, Zelda's so used to teleporting she regards it like most of us consider elevators...which is how she can be annoyed by having to wait seconds for the magic to let go. ;) But she sees cars on tv, and it looks positively exciting and romantic to her. (You know how we have lightbulbs; we have electrons dancing to the particular path we've set them in little glass enclosed gas environments- things that would be unthinkable to a few centuries ago...and we'll opt for candle light to be romantic...or how we have cars; aerodynamic frames hooked to mechanically controlled near constant explosions...and we'll opt to take a horse drawn carriage ride to be romantic...kinda like that.) ;) Yeah, they all need a break. :D Well, my game threw me a monkey wrench that gave me an idea, so... I hope it'll seem to make sense. :D (Hopefully the cold medicine isn't just making me think I know what I'm doing lol). :D

@DDsims: Nice to see you again! :D You're a really cool builder, though I don't usually comment to you directly much because 1) if I comment to everyone it encourages people to keep up with the Joneses and comment too much and then they burn out, so I have to make myself not comment to everyone, even if I want to and 2) Mostly what I want to say to you can be summarized as 'awesome!' and there is a button for that now. But it's great to see what you're up to! :D (And I'm glad your design sense is just as cool for cars as it is houses!)

@Silver: Yeah, it's nice to have a break sometimes and come back fresh. :D I can understand limiting sims time! :D In university it's easy to get behind and sims is a very good distraction...so you can get behind before you even realize the time. :D

@LBell: Hey! Welcome back! :D Great to see Jackson again, even if it's just in your signature lol. ;) Lol (Wesker: "What? I look good. Women can't keep their hands off me.")

@Dreamerz: Sweet! :D Lol @ Evie rocking out while Alex is sleeping... apparently hiding the sun under his sheets. :D (Alex: "No, my abs are just so cut they reflect the light..like a diamond...") ;) Lol @ Evie's inspirational song...she was a singer, it is probably awesome... I can't help but think of Bards in D & D... :D (Alex: "No, no, my awesome abs protect me, no one ever looks me in the eyes when I have my abs out!") ;) That's a beautiful sunrise! :D Nice catch of the balloon in the sky there and the misty hills in the background. :D It's a lovely shot! :D Lol- yeah, the shower in the can is funny. :D Looks like they had so much fun adventuring they could settle down and enjoy the peace. :D (Evie: "All my urges to beat the heck out of some rubble and stick my hands in random holes in the wall have been filled...now I can relax...for a week or so..when my need to push statues around will again rear it's uggly head!")
    edited September 2016
    @TadOlson Nice update. The Jankowskys are a busy bunch! Glad they got that extension built!

@lanlyn The same thing happened with her cousin Skylar, who felt slighted because of all the attention Kaydence gets. The difference here is that Jana has a better sense of her own identity. Kaydence, of course, has plenty going for her, being attractive and intelligent. The thing is, Kaydence hasn't fully learned how to use her looks and smarts combination yet.
    The one thing both Jana and Kaydence have in common is they are book-smart and socially awkward. You wouldn't think of Kaydence as socially awkward given that she's an actress and comes from that glamorous world where her mom is a pop star and her dad is an actor and musician. But she has trust issues stemming from her upbringing and it takes awhile for her to open up to other people. This is a young woman who has spent most of her time in her own shell, with her books and her fantasy world as companions. She responded to her parents' turmoil by enclosing herself in a bubble, basically.

GbRoNqC.jpg

Kaydence texted Jana to meet her at the campus pizza parlor after class.

umUZHkC.jpg

Jana had been at the campus library when she got the text. What would Kaydence Jolina-Plumb want with plain old Jane? she wondered to herself as she put her book down. And how did she get my phone number?

OIgs1BC.jpg

Despite her reservations, Jana followed Kaydence into Barnstormer's, the campus pizza hangout where students came to chat, play games, load up on unhealthy carbs, and study. In Jana's mind, Kaydence was everything she wasn't - beautiful, confident, glamorous, and wealthy. She never had a hair out of place. Her clothes - mostly pink - seemed to have come fresh out of the latest style magazines. On top of that, Kaydence was every bit as intellectually brilliant as she was attractive. She was perfect.
    Walking behind Kaydence made Jana feel like an ant.

pDLL3q0.jpg

They reserved Kaydence's usual table right by the restroom door. If Kaydence was nothing else, she was a creature of habit. She sat at the same table and ordered the same thing every time she came in - a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
    Jana tugged at the end of her braid. "Why did you call me here?" she asked quizzically.
    "You were about to say something when the bell rang," Kaydence replied.
    Jana hesitated for a few moments and sighed. "Oh, it was nothing."
    "It wasn't nothing, Jana. Right after I spoke I saw your hand shoot up. If you disagree with me, just say it. I don't mind."
    Jana sighed again. "I thought Simulon V and Sixam were their own solar system."
    "They could very well be, Jana," Kaydence conceded. "In my query I never expressly said where they were, though."
    "Have you been to Sixam?"
    "Not personally," Kaydence admitted, "but I know people who have." As soon as she said it she wished she hadn't. This Jana person seemed to know more about her than she was comfortable with.

psVioqc.jpg

"There was another abduction last night," Kaydence added. "A female student from one of the other dorms. I don't know her name."

aZCPvHR.jpg

Just then Dr. Anthony walked into the pizza parlor and joined the two students. "What's this I hear about an abduction?"
    Kaydence gulped. Had she revealed too much?

• LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    @Zabeth0 Oh Jackson is in my game of course. :D I posted some pictures on the other thread but I'll post one here especially for you! :p

SprBmpE.jpg
    edited September 2016
    Screenshot_37.jpg

"Honey, I'm home!"
    "Hey Mark, we have company."
    " I see, who's this?"
    " A friend from work, Jennifer."
    "But please call me Jenn."
    "Nice to meet ya Jenn"
    "Likewise."
    The three of them hang out for a bit. . .
    Screenshot_38.jpg

"It's late, i should probably get going."
    "Wait! At least take home some of my award-winning macaroni and cheese!"
    "Wait, you never told me about any awards."
    "Shh!"
    "You guys are something else, i'll take some"

Screenshot_39.jpg

After Jenn left, Mark and Cam ate dinner together.

Screenshot_40.jpg

Then they spent some time relaxing under the stars.

(I just realized the way Cam is laying can't be good for the baby lol)

After a while Cam went inside and went to bed.

Then Mark saw some strange lights in the sky. . .
    Screenshot_41.jpg

"What the plum is that?"

To be continued. . .

Post edited by Randomness000 on
    fGRb4d2.gif
    I'm working on some Wild West updates with Roy and Holly. But I also went into my Twinbrook game last night (the one with all the pets). I wanted to see if Di and Dudley would be getting any rent from their 3 new roommates. None so far. >:) But it certainly has become a very active household even without my controlling all of them. :o

First, a little update about Di. Full story and more pics here: Expect the Unexpected

Every time Di turned around, Anna and Dudley were pairing up together.
    PajamaParty.jpg

Then of all things, one night on a full moon, Di had an unexpected visitor. A very mysterious elderly gentleman came calling. Mr. Qedef Qomiphash. Di supposed he must be a foreigner. But no matter who his people were, Mr. Qomiphash had very nice manners indeed.
    AlienFullMoon%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Di was sure Mr. Qomiphash didn't have any dark family secrets like Dudley. She doubted the gentleman lived in a swamp or had relatives sending him evil gnomes!
    EvilGnome.jpg
    edited September 2016
    @lanlyn 'Mr. Qomiphash' is definitely foreign, all right, lol. And they seem quite taken with each other, too. Guess Di wants pictures? Lol

@Randomness000 Lol... Mark is enjoying a moment under the stars with his preggo wife and aliens show up... will he have a nasty surprise too? Stay tuned... dum dum dum dum dummmmmm.....

Brief update, this happened last night in game...

4KptDPf.jpg

Sebastian got a phone call after coming home from his shoot at the studio. He had left the movie business but returned for a role he couldn't pass up. He was no longer playing romantic leads, but this time, he was playing an action hero.
    He hadn't even gotten into his house and changed out of his costume when a frantic voice came on the other end of the line. It was his niece, Skylar.

AqOdijH.jpg

Skylar was at Le Fromage Art School, but she wasn't happy there. It wasn't anything she expected it to be, she was miserable, and she wanted to come home.

F6zixc0.jpg

Sebastian had a soft spot for Skylar. He'd long felt that his older sister, Savannah, was too hard on her, and that her expectations were too great. Plus, he knew about Skylar's desire to become a singer, which clashed with Savannah's emphasis on education.

WIWkTH4.jpg

While her cousin, Kaydence, was plastered all over the magazines with her fast-rising career and thriving under the rigorous academic environment of Sims University's noted technology program,

thO78Tq.jpg

Skylar struggled - in more ways than one.

gxZLyVR.jpg

She chafed underneath her mother's high expectations. Savannah, a high achiever herself, expected the same for her children. Though Skylar was a good student, she wasn't Kaydence, who'd been accepted to university for the first time at the age of thirteen. Nor was she her older sister, Sage, who'd been a straight-A student throughout school and graduated from Sims University with honors with her fine arts degree. She wasn't even her older sister Sierra, who despite her troubled adolescence nevertheless graduated from Sims University with honors.

iBnYju5.jpg

Skylar also languished in Kaydence's luminous shadow and harbored a deep-seeded resentment towards her. She'd said as much to Sage just before leaving for Le Fromage.

Screenshot-3117_zpsxpnrfiia.jpg

Sage had asked Skylar to perform at her wedding.

Screenshot-5855_zpsc6bn7e60.jpg

Her gigs weren't getting the kind of attention she craved. Sure, she was talented, but something, it seemed, was missing.

Screenshot-5820_zpssmf40yau.jpg

The youngest of Andy and Savannah's daughters, it appears, has reached a crossroads in her career and in her life. Where will she go next?

@lanlyn Great update, gnomes in The Sims always freak me out >.<
    @venusdemilosims I wonder what the future holds for Skylar. . .
    fGRb4d2.gif
    Here are some outtakes from my Wild West game. I took too many screenshots and now it's taking so much time sorting them into chapters!

Western Skies
    nz-3NDRrdHZwqSINm9KhP37ozNski8zR_yxo87UX2R-LxuXtAlb7YCI3YkxDOO3ploOC3ILRYleaMa47BmaRk5BVrX3OBgHwRHbFiTK8oyj6AbyOMEkgS2xab--gu1uNvTiQrgzbz0ZcKdGT0fyfp9QFK_DQg0p2ni7SISEKW5myUkvcDMAJmRRrCzb01ibD9aQiNm16um441-85SPE87rNLvjejjt9RYK_NGfrInmJbmb4vc-yswp12_14e8YoKpNncCq5FnFFUMCpJ6itwBLUdcqMZWbjHPdsjafiDOVYgbiKsStia8FY8NXV1dO-_UKFSAZlpPWoIY02rg8R1tJhNbRPsKOD8zn79ln8WnSCR16cgQngLYWAmZCblkJxnV4sX-UZ7grh__Ioeqi3jgiMkygmkHOf-iKpgmEUzg-YW0uqnsAQOT_asbnyIMShGFeB93Sdslnl8CkKBw4-6NIXqQNCNEflfWk0iexTtnNbKq2q_ZPPTGwVq5qtg656Vkrip1vl1Toe6bTxL4F4N6mySS1-gpqLZVZpWvzd1bdCW5eHQsxFxLeZ2iuo5O9_DHO2lqRiEPAex-ed-a_u-5889ey5Rp8JsuhG_6Y3l6bh877VEZA=w1440-h896-no

ihSwWLLAZQLAI9vaXvxswtJ--psH5w6fwwKbhe7jscIbio-u-VbVtXokvboPA8a022xP-NMF3DotVugADj4Fx4a-0p2uMx4B-AYVjS_zRiXcPOLnk9_FrqwkkT99Vladc0tZAyZgQgzGWJ0mnHeD6eYtq8WIzZWAT0bNSUZzowjM_J-y2wfiV3Z1HGQxFw7_PqF54aoWOBinnai0IHDqEmejiKq-3c88JUxMC4PBgerLNJeYqUPcza69d-5kSzGtagcoFlkfLuXhWthJh-fQn4pqIfyk7Bhk6J4v6pZNSNDIZCBj6TVcw4-DORlndW8B60H70ZNFM6BKNEm1Ha9gQYnR115PRKMVTnoFIAVSsnvNjF_nlSLldx8ugD2FJGXOVCIeymMxezxv103R08gwZMRgRBb7FDHw8gS2_HoL8oBh74gGrCuxl8Uzi1FVKMltlm-HzYC5FhH8T08GDOnpeYoY4VqFOLFec431YQRvY3gDnovf6u4Qi9ihVTtPWL79Pk-T8X0Ovd91IsnV2Eh4sdxobjbdFMlBA42yTEMdwhdb-LGFCMZBfz5RmVMjLn5qSCaITEbW9zDhgBVgybMD8tdYRWAxFn8HWJ1UW3KIULbYgD6rng=w1440-h896-no

nN6-1CVta-0b-dqTJCMQRFnEPisqdMlGFssA0QOqOpZtMTmlguR3KqHjhEBsT4pFvIQAJgTqRTezozYV1zlwWH_LuVdSqDJ6KH6MUTtsiRfZggbbVJ5miYZz_1_6hmfHFws2-vFOBn-ZqyVGy7uckdwEzCPpJ-3Rfe52sDkwaHJbeXHaqY47BOu0rzWv8sqy6YCTehhVjahhodNDxRgDoqZXVge0gMDyCld0Y-kQq_PIZZ-HdHVvmBGov7Tp3GdjmNBq_UCwTXSD-6aJLNnPw4hvv6KpR-WWvXA0bemDbv8yjpx-k8ZPQKH2mFSs9Rg6KpeBamQl9VhvYFycu5MA9BVsqAPSEpF-aifFu7HldEL6bLDqEnGJpdnCmOJmyUGRUu_m2WzRSFrWqZzYmYcE6S1_yYvYu89VyWmlAjHZMLRBbakQxwog321B5gtuKd-_2q7VprcSQMXOTf3kr1F10AXdzkr9Qif6qumBfIouQdpAawohsbqRYhpqTCr60yQ4o-7kl3e361EDbQQn5khW76V_EZkXRispVicv8fbSNfOTJJAZgOn60PIMSTbX1oDNudbhS9NiQxllGUThiZ1uZgC3J21HDoygsfFFjzJKz2JcNRv1EA=w1440-h896-no

Two rainbows during a hail storm.
    YfCenFpZITdF1KgBMz8vD1x0MmBtyYQb-8khQyVlwaSglToz1ZNWFqmnU9nbPWhG5Kly2xYHrlGyy2GIbRdj2aG74bO82UimPLhtyy_YODKmpPNzdArr6WC95fedyxzUsdbjus5HFQiOa2wRImObM5PfHtYcPX15etv34z_hApqRC6mKthUNT-uyxlRxu5lvxlsn5JYrHV6lpFdZnBPhWSknB4nHIwhxpmqDkCwGsBCZsOGF_7OdjSfItsYAOxN8AmLJOukB7eEExasLYkMLfLHEFZwZ5vk33vOh23GtDSCtYOogOmdPc4my54Ygh2fRdcA1Zf4USl9DpnTk42eyFQs_7BM4-G3DAcgKclqCbkkIT60VyTV9pBXz_eAGIoOvqQYNslzz3aRpbF_swvR9gI_BsldID9SMDK6suYcqZdTt72LvKYhMwjZrcvPnrT58hvbm5B1Yvbqm2eaox2AVHydQjXbhGrIJ-7upQlAMocWSHOlSUE917gQDhlahzjcIxoLzp5eNZS2hi6HAXxY2NePTswpfht60_ETtZsZ9kX_w799jD1kJOH5z1qKFSBEOg5ZnVPPDCG9mysjl32EnSw786qGH7__M05dy5OmsGdk_2ykAqA=w1440-h896-no

My first ever view of Will-O-Wisps! Holly caught two. :)
    rvRij_g7N-JPtu_HGxjSyKtaMkLvvGzxVWQ7LpHlPjbFCfsnZ5Nz0Gz5zl7wZv8qSfPoM_6M63Wb1mTXbND-OT-FwguwiJkbebato2F8tc_B2BUH6EJXPR_Ok6NKuvl-LgbuPqa2N-dMMa4kc4P5YYl62VQPGJJ598X5pVhYS2HK9fhJsemQlPqsFZmvdrwYGfWtA63rSVbyFd9zJ1YU8TYaz0MNHMpaLfn14rcH6vu1XhZiwNPSqmPW2aEh-nH17Y1R6QuTRUUgWl-zD3U7BymG-zGQRlfd7KOwAmFSo-y0nBkic-LmEK_pMLhYkJOE2NZ6wwk3X7FEv1S0NHruFb5WXtyBMlulJbvVc4KK4cGNppaDRK0rxGlh1k0PypLl7frXB8eUGGjCEstVkKzF2ETAcy2mi0RCMWC0IU2Csz1cY--9zUyfNNQQy9LNFSh46nmcxqCc_DhQXQbIIFr8aumtFHKw-ivA5Kbg6nbDzH50LLFDD4YEb6p8IJyLhM_JBejEiXoYOu65jOrp3CZobhnC37lEUyvn7BYEOGmM0J7yy-wcAX5vzbSRnIyXRwqy7ZFOpMsCsqZbLjLMU-RsEgIOnL2tn7QiRTJ_jrc0fZrvlFgJTQ=w1440-h896-no

I hadn't ever considered using a pattern on a mailbox before. I like it.
    1jq5VePLJ76kbUyP3uljTYkVnhuIUcsZldE57ZemU2JQSuiG46ZKt3fuBAbr9gTfTx0pUjg0VDdylZiDR7XrqBD7AYsagL2zADUHJxHFVjLVmg4y_g-CUrLRBYUw7_70UsVwEYfTmFJTY64z__-NxukiegPSJB5eifpT0IDRCrFhDFxPx45UYTxBBxorq8WYwCQoxg5nS02e-tw6EajuRIMhzVhSPmurikfCKLZIflf1u52l-NuaVIxirjqu1GzbPTlEVBbrFjDhN84_t08R_PJIgRk_BajuCkx_INeVodXf5LUW7MAGB_P956CJwxKjlrVcyu8mgq5cbgHUn5_EDn9Z347IICYtTapDMbp3wCNUnULsosrN7BjIblJWwJATY7LUub_-A8O9V8qBUtblH6okwjzN9zp4jB-sEaS-LQe1Cw4LdrEICxrtkanlSmeUFtG1qlm6gQLAgLDt2f_p-3FHb5mfvEdaY5z5Y61WK-64Vf6xKsVMj3FePUzcOtZBhXl2orzhGmcInDAjdQD4kZi1YF6x9XzzJnonPOE5nI14xQBQzoTQ2SBdpCXdTLKIdVc9HGBUUBPWqlEobiy4cacq4BW8Mzqq5-lVOhzUQAwgdNcC2A=w1440-h896-no

A couple of Holly and Roy's wedding gifts. They got the giraffe statue and I bought them the wooden lion to match it.
    O15tEn1Uhi1KsHJ8cxKX0ORviA0925lB_Y7Jn2YIHS_XVEpvT65M0k5I5oPcWtldS-pBkT0UP4zU6L9ju4jskJ_C0nlC1tx9ZjmBZqkEhLcvCE_gyHU0I82dH42_-JspcpBtUDCkzyWLyTuEfbjCgvnCj8zwjdO9E9VqQx25hI7dkG3_6A7VAyqcYyw68PfuoEtjyZoQGvOzYqR2dQd9vdC1nFXGQtl0DPtioeDUCBFyIW2oKZI0-H7yELVIKPWwLJhZAca0nriBf7t6WUaS15wSZ-TuH_6dZsx8JZObFQyLSThwU7r2dsrqAOeXY8kwHXAUJwyMHWLSAVRt0hHh97jQ_hWP060-0GhJ9JmDm2E5p2tJAdP2R4jyaGE6KzPDhoiss7TEsD3Ha-OOlkwcySrYIehvdRzIZBif11PMHLibzzrdebk3K7Q19VZXErpGWpZp-N8eUzoMKO5vqSxFm8onqT3Yv4fgsbJzG6MUXLrjs08F3K7EqHWtAtUZJxSJmgcrJUHzr4Q1S6146wed6MmkvD-SS8xSOZGDO7nBDWT66Jdr3bOObAw7o3z5ciYweBCZgRwveoW-FmvNnoqSRhP4Wc7E1v3aTuCTjqMSqeZrZUoNOg=w1440-h896-no

A basketball court. Roy and Riley both have the Athletic trait, so I thought this would be good to keep so they could play together.
    HZmWlsJk3IPzpKtjcGykEbLUWj0wD2b3FnTWnTmr_E_ieO_NoXG_9bSCNd7JA0RnOmYCoaKUNKzkxwwzowaLZxrOf1fYNfKJFlbI6lDvxb-BhvnswgvZYxJ-PCDuUFxSUN5WGAq4t0oTKD3QhcaXL73P_othiXqTQC78BJ-WyUjTPhHvOnGeIrNPoYnqp3-1zlsvBcnP2OTdLmfecQtjYiLevoXcm5u-vKKutjgLq233TJmIewcKL8s3O_8WtT1dQ-WhSvNKmCVOSHPmbNqSAfjkNQ8IvoVBlzCvr9uEEY6AhHTbI-Wu1WevvaQiyMw_m_QZCitcqF80zSDLivWtlWUljKVeiBlPFM9N2uwf0W2ajsNwroNCxVY3rfxKZJQ2RRoCXhAIFp-XRA74MwjA8YEFvs60ask52AdDaKUC0yJBLKefyZPwsEE-XXFKBSv4Vrgky0i1PNzqms17bgPlBz_HGnG5r0CcUclX6XFCzWBCpbJAWl5UyVmzUoEqdApSYYzHoWQqj4q1wLx44lFxn1AVMVATrW92DytQvI3E-EY7iWO5OxWmtJVOYmEXUVPwe4cKPwAYIMa2Qev-1_z9ErIpanAzF1ENzSoIhgyZBzW0--Ht1w=w1440-h896-no

Just happened to see this strange guy. His name is Lizardo Reptile. :o
    dLd4o-tMbWb7J37rSCxktTSa_4WReJm4dxaKB9wLDKV00UJ3mpMxSxmVSb2CLmfmoqoEu6LxiF1u0enaqW93s013WzeEz5tgAuJuC-d03Jsyy8PcyY5b--ma64ztNpll_S8vZPxMMgNMEfWmWYcMd0YQvPgbDBjZ1Xd2CgcfMgO6NUsbBmo_ZKPTQwyBb0NvZS0so8W0VakJdorQn_oMf2qFo1w6KkQ3DjN5jg7MJaH8SE3IY8INxzd96KnY1lNu987nDesriDFt8PszXopa4SEggX03nbs5GsAyZDXKbpS8D4d1AcgGifS2jTvr-10ssuQ1Q-qQzD-7tckK42i9Sf7wj7QIk0xAPtzxBiYXPuaEl9Bhd1iwQNBujhRQIpRxsowcXaTyyavNH5SuB3yBGe5t6XFpr7BCKieViTnonw2jICyzEn3qYBjzrwzPLbwrhTD2dWCRisctiF8jneI_xEDxHawjdjGiVtCdKzLBEsYaOkmw2mQBQ1iq3Xlq904R4soYsl2sr0YO8hBKX4OfQJ5XR0Af7E1lNYCP44Elk14fhklg_IV5UrLBCtUFEFIv9YZ7B87g2maP2b8UbrtTXhFdGoxjnBHmfYNnWLB67OLb8vKAew=w1440-h896-no
    @venusdemilosims I'm glad Jana can be a friend to Kaydence and not a competition. Kaydence is going to need someone who not only understands the alien situation, but who cares and is supportive. And now the professor is entering the picture! ...I'm beginning to really feel for Skylar. She's put up a tough front, but I can tell from what you've said that she doesn't feel quite so confident inside. Insecurities are masked in different ways.

@LBell I saw your pics in the other thread too. And I like your siggy picture of Jackson. :)

@Randomness000 Fun dialog about the visitor. ...Oh no! Those strange lights sometimes mean trouble of a very personal kind!
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    @venusdemilosims, Thanks! It's been quite the road since I been busy, but quite so much which less simming came to play. Very nice update btw!

@lanlyn, Very true since I can think quite similar between the two. Customization is way too much fun. Very nice updates!

@TadOlson, Hello! I'll post in WHIYSGT thread as well! Very nice updates!

Now onto pics:

PUdrink_zps0dmgdkfc.jpg

Now if only we get sims to serve drinks during parties then it would be nice.

Loft%202_zpsznsezjkb.jpg

Loft%201_zpsnim1wuda.jpg

Loft%201_zpsnim1wuda.jpg

Decided to create a tiny loft to put in my last latest house that I posted in another thread.

MM%201_zps0rzmmcly.jpg

MM%202_zpsjkb5wpmy.jpg

Another rich man's modern pricey house! I almost lost this build when the d*amn windows update had to restart my computer. Good thing that I did save some progress.

I've been watching Tiny House Hunters & Tiny House big living from HGTV which it got me thinking to build some tiny houses which that loft I recently made does have potential to be in the criteria.

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @lanlyn -I've got a chef's plant from MTS growing in the greenhouse and there's others like it.Great update!
    @venusdemilosims -Thanks for the comment.They wanted a chance and they work hard to make it in their new homeland because going back wouldn't be an option for them.Great update!
    @LBell -Great picture!
    @Randomness000 -Great update!
    @ddsims3world -Hi there!i saw it in the other thread.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Fall-1551.
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch were up and ready for the day quickly before deciding to make preserves out of some meals with their new canning station.
    29375404570_c1db7bdfac.jpg
    Tracy started studying athletic skill on his iPad while Tanner used hers to study gardening.
    29584876671_2b3f517939.jpg
    The day went by so quickly that they only had time to use the washroom and get some food after they stopped.It was 4PM by then and they had to get ready for work.
    29555196932_2aee1221f9.jpg
    They left at 6PM to get to the market for work.
    29666250615_ce22990384.jpg
    They got into bed at 10PM after getting home from work.
    29630692726_b946a2832e.jpg
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky got into bed by 11PM which was later than usual.
    29375379730_e41f14f627.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    A new romantic update for Di and Anna Riddle.

Full story here: Falling in Love

Teaser pics:

Before Anna retired for bed, Dudley let her know just how much she inspired him.
    DudleyKissAnna%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Anna was a changed woman.
    AnnaInTraining%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Di couldn't stop thinking of kisses. Goodness sake. Kisses! Her. Old Crazy Di Riddle, kissing a man!
    DiInLove%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Skating together was just an excuse to hold hands.
    DiDatesQedef%2B%25284%2529.jpg
    edited September 2016
    @TadOlson I looked at the Chef's plant at MTS. Neat item. A variation on the Omni plant with less hassle. I downloaded it and will give it a try.

@ddsims3world So glad you didn't lose the house during the Windows update. It's gorgeous. I liked the small loft idea. I've seen some "tiny" homes recently online. This one caught my eye. It's so unique. It would make a neat Sims supernatural cottage.

14114975_10153845711787592_7714059326797651851_o.jpg

14125525_10153845711392592_903833697403360088_o.jpg

14107650_10153845711357592_6622989970531660977_o.jpg
    @TadOlson: Wow, that's a mess! :D (I didn't realize waiters could be assigned to the ITTF food replicator things, that sounds like it'd get messy really fast!) I'm glad you got that sorted. :D I see they are decorated for fall with the ghost mirror and the mouse on the pumpkin and what not. :D Ah, the light house painting! That would fit right in with your decor, but I understand they need the money more...maybe later when they have more space they can keep some of the paintings! :D I'm so excited for the Ivanovitchs, congratulations on the new canning station for them. :D With all the harvesting, I'm sure they'll be able to make all kinds of pickles and jams and ketchup and things! :D

@Venus: Um, I'm not exactly the best person with computers, so the only thing I can even suggest you've probably already tried or shot down, but I can't resist trying to help, so if you have already tried or have a reason this won't work, please don't take this wrong (in the absence of helpfulness, at least perhaps as a vote of sympathy?) but can you use origin to get the electronic download version? If you registered the disk it might have the download version waiting for you under 'my games' if you have the origin download manager thing (I'm sorry I don't know what it's called...it's like steam for origin)? Sorry, I hope it makes sense/works. :D Well, some family orientedness will definitely be directed toward one's natal family, and once married, she gets whatever family Kyle has too (supposing he has any, the game isn't exactly good at that, lots of premades just don't have anyone). :D It makes sense in her current situation that Sage wouldn't be eager to add children into the mix yet. :D (It's a pity, but any Jolina Plumb children- yes, I know that won't be their actual last name, but genetics don't care about last names...would need her semi undivided attention and then some!) Yeah, I remember that, but surely she's safe in France? ;) Jana seems to be a healthy friend for Kaydence like Kaydence is a healthy friend for Sierra. :D Ah, yeah, in my Jake game where I was exploring Oasis landing, I just kept having terrible glitching (probably because of my Jake game being on its last legs- apparently you save so much and then it's toast but it could also be that his game was started on a computer that couldn't really run the sims and kept crashing and the save was innately coming apart), so I ended up saving it for later, and never got anyone into the astronomer career. :D Hey, you did a good job tying it all in. :D It makes sense. :D

Lol @ "And how did she get my phone number?" Good question! :D Jana doesn't seem like the type to give her number out...Sierra, perhaps? :D I mean, if she can hack Fort Starch, I'm pretty sure she can get a cell phone number! :D Then again, it'd probably be easy for her to get it from the teacher convincing him they need to study together or something. :D Aw, poor Jana, feeling like Kaydence is perfect and she isn't. Oh, that's what she said. :D Cool, so they are collaborating together! :D She can get Kaydence to open up...and Kaydence can listen to her and care what she has to say! :D Lol- nice timing Dr. Anthony! :D Good thing he already knows about how wild her family is and that they aren't just making this stuff up. ;)

I'm glad to see he's got work again! :D Perhaps his action hero role will open some more doors for him, and help him put his life back together or at least support his kids. Oh, wow, Skylar called him to get her out! :D (Skylar dressed as Princess Leia: "Help me, Uncle Sebastian, you're my only hope!") ;) Well, I'm glad he's sympathetic to her plight...and well, I'm guessing he knows the music business a fair bit more than Savannah does! :D (And even if he doesn't, he knows people who do who can help if he can convince them, oh charismatic one that he is!) That would be a fun twist. :D (Sebastian: "Well, Vannah, you were so helpful to my daughter...I thought I'd return the favor!") ;) (And now I'm imagining some sinister plot at the Art school...where she's not just spoiled and sick of having to follow rules and not having her friends from school there, but something crazy really is going on...like aliens running a 'reality show' about Earth customs (making her brain actually hurt!) or a vampire fashion cult (making people all obsess over the vampire models because vampires can make people think about them as part of their powers) or something...lol) (Thank you for putting up with my crazy rambling, I'd blame it on the cold medicine, but you know this is just me. ;) )

@LBell: Thank you! :D Glad to see he's still having fun! :D
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited September 2016
    @TadOlson & @lanlyn: Very nice update & pics!

@lanlyn: Thanks for the comments! Yeah I was very fortunate that I manage to save the house in some ways since the windows update had to occur when I was almost completed. I wouldn't have start over if I lost everything. Indeed when making a small cottage & using Supernatural EP would fit perfectly.

--

Due to having 32 images of my latest modern house that I have to post only half for right now.

Luxorite: Part 1

Luxorite%201_zpsxmy090xy.jpg

Luxorite%202_zpsxtht2mf2.jpg

Luxorite%203_zpseijzzqfm.jpg

Luxorite%204_zpsaogenewm.jpg

(It's been a while since using regular stairs in my house builds.)

Luxorite%205_zpsrhxlmvsc.jpg

Luxorite%206_zpsoypsqbns.jpg

Luxorite%207_zps4pnmfycb.jpg

Luxorite%208_zpsaidhbssf.jpg

Luxorite%209_zpsurwatd2t.jpg

Luxorite%2010_zpsgvhq8jtj.jpg

Luxorite%2011_zps45fdpezw.jpg

Luxorite%2012_zpse3ecc8d5.jpg

Luxorite%2013_zpsichcnsyo.jpg

Ignore my sims having a romantic moment. ;)

Luxorite%2014_zpscd1ulare.jpg

Luxorite%2015_zpshwic0vsr.jpg

Luxorite%2016_zpsx20b5pzc.jpg

@ddsims3world What a lovely home ;)

@lanlyn I had no idea you could put patterns on mailbox's, great update.

@TadOlson Funny you mention Eli and Ami going to bed later then usual, because i can never seem to get my sims to bed at a reasonable hour( i can't even do it in real life xD), great update.
    fGRb4d2.gif
    @Ianlyn: Thanks. :D Yeah, I hope to elaborate on his grandfather's necklace later, but this wasn't the spot for it. :D Yeah, he's in an odd position. :D Thank you. :D Well, in real life, there's a slight chance that the person taking colloidal silver (homeopathic treatments) could 'turn blue' (grayish)... But if Zelda notices that she'll fix it...before it even shows in his skin, she'll sense it with her magical sense, and fix it like the witch equivalent of someone straightening his collar lol. :D So, no. :D He'll be particularly interesting to vampires because they can't hear his thoughts...but he's a human, not one of them. If they get close enough to his neck, they'll smell the silver in his plasma and won't bite him because that would make them sick. Even most of the witches don't know this trick. ;) (To be fair, it is in one of the ancient spellbooks...just that spellbook is guarded by an insane old child eater that most witches alive today haven't even heard about.) But it's also in a Russian book on vampires that Rafael just helped put in alphabetical order in the Vault of Antiquities for Bailey Swain. :D Most of the vampires don't yet realize that the Vault of Antiquities isn't just a big rats nest of disorganized and moldering papers and books anymore. Thank you. :D

Yeah, I enjoy their dynamic; I hadn't originally planned on keeping Zelda. But Zelda started to grow on me, and some fellow simmers asked me to save her, so I made up a way to rescue her from the plot I had intended to kill her with. :D It might be more complicated than the original story would have been, but I suspect it'll be more fun. :D Peanut butter sandwiches and taxi rides and all. :D

Lol @ Anna giving flowers to Dr. Watson! :D (Watson: "I have patients with allergies, get them away from me!") Oh, wow, they look so happy! :D But that guy with the bee keepers hood on just cracks me up! (Beekeeperguy with the scary smile: "I keep this on in case some crazy person presents flowers and unleashes the bees! I see flowers, and I'm safe from them!!! HAHAHAha...okay, so this time the coast is clear...but for next time, I'll still be prepared!") Poor Di though. :D Lol! Brilliant! A former ghost and an alien, this promises to be fun! :D Very foreign! To the planet! :D Oh, smitten! :D Lol- I'm sure his family secrets are...entertaining in their own right! :D Just explaining the family will probably take a while. :D Evil gnomes, oh no! Well, hopefully there aren't a lot of good gnomes for the evil gnome to slaughter!

Beautiful gold skies there. :D It's nice the lighting catches the different layered hills and trees. :D Lol, good to see Holly and Roy aren't the only ones who know that hot air balloons are an option! :D It looks like they are doing a brisk business! :D Wow double rainbow and there isn't even rain...of course it had to go hardcore and hail instead...so no one can get out their with their cameras but us. ;) (The c button doesn't care if there is hail bouncing off the ground!) ;) Nice catch with the will O wisps! :D Two of them and contrasting colors. :D Sweet! :D

What an exciting promotion! :D That makes sense, he's inspired by the career woman at the top of her career, and she's thrilled to start the part of her life with romance in it now that she's there. :D Great that they are feeling so en-livened! :D Well, it looks like Di's completely at peace with the fact that they are just friends. :D It seems Mr. Qomiphash fits her better, perhaps she was just taken with Dudley because he was there, and as a loner, she wasn't inclined to go searching in a sea of people...but Mr. Qomiphash had found her! :D It's fun to see her dressed in her medieval type dress while looking at the picture. :D It seems she's feeling younger and more hopeful too. :D I had a relative that got married in her nineties...:D I can't remember if she was a great aunt or great great aunt. :D Of course, I suspect Di's got her beat since she's got the whole 'not alive' period to consider too lol. :D And with that dress, probably beat by a great margin! :D Lol @ "Kisses! Her. Old Crazy Di Riddle, kissing a man!" :D You have to admit, that jacket with that cane is a nice set up! :D Tennis shoes...well, I'm sure he was coordinating the color with the white ascot, and one set of white shoes looked the same as another (tennis shoes being a specialized kind of casual shoes is probably rather finicky of us). :D Wow, roller skating is rather daring of them at their age! :D Awww @ "just an excuse to hold hand" :D And she got another picture of him! :D
    edited September 2016
    @ddsims3world Thanks for the comments. What a beautiful home!
    @lanlyn What a unique house. Great updates. Anna is definitely in love. As for Di, well, she's still hoping. Lol Beautiful pix of the western skies. Didn't know about the mailbox either, still learning stuff about this game all these years later!
    @TadOlson Looks like Tanner and Tracy found a use for their canning station. Nice update.
    @Zabeth0 Lol was cracking up on my phone, as usual. Yep, Sage knows what her genetics hold and she knows that having Jolina-Plumb blood means her kids will be handfuls. Red haired handfuls if Kyle's genetics (added to that of her dad) are any indication. Lol
    I was surprised that Skylar called Sebastian instead of her parents, but I guess such is Skylar's relationship with them that she felt like she couldn't call them?? Idk... One thing is clear though... the siblings had the 'wrong' kids... as Kaydence pointed out once in her diary.
    As for Jana, like I told lanlyn, I think she and Kaydence do have one thing in common, both are socially awkward. You wouldn't expect a glamorous daughter of Simmywood to be socially awkward, but as you know, Kaydence is. I wouldn't call them friends yet, even though I think Jana wants it. Jana's feeling like, when the most popular girl in school asks you to sit at her table...
    Dr. Anthony is very familiar with this family. He's had AJ and Alexandra in his class, but ironically, Sierra was never a student of his, even though he was a faculty sponsor of the honor society the year she attended.
    Sorry to hear that your Jake save fried, I had that happen to a couple saves I got attached to, but that was on the desktop computer before my current one, that was not built for sims - that desktop is now in the possession of my nephew.

Been a bit under the weather the last couple days, it's the stomach again. I'm on the laptop so the sims might look a little different.

This is Kaydence's dad (Sebastian) and Skylar's mom (Savannah). They are full-blooded brother and sister even though they don't look alike.

YhVOWg5.jpg

The next day, Savannah was checking her mail and paying her household bills.

bHxbGi7.jpg

Just then, a bright yellow sportscar pulls up next to her. Savannah knows the vehicle well - it's an Italian La Matea sportscar. She knows only one person bold enough to drive a bright yellow sportscar - her younger brother, Sebastian.

l36Mllc.jpg

There was no mistaking Sebastian Jolina-Plumb, even wearing military fatigues and sunglasses. He'd clearly been working out for his new role. And there was plenty of evidence of the movie star he still was, even though age lines creased his forehead. Savannah had long said that of the two of them, he was the one who'd been more genetically blessed, both looks wise and talent wise. Which was why his misdeeds continued to frustrate her to no end.

Q35SWWM.jpg

Movie star that Sebastian was, though, he still answered to only one person - Savannah. That much remained evident all those years later. Savannah was the only person who could bring him to heel, in more ways than one. "Vanna!" he called jovially as he approached the family home.

4fUfGMV.jpg

Savannah hadn't seen her brother since news broke that his wife, Cherise, was filing for divorce over his admitted affair with the household butler, Anissa Swenson. Anissa had gone public with the relationship. "How are you doing?" Savannah asked coolly.

REu7HWd.jpg

"I need to talk to you," Sebastian began as he and Savannah went back inside the mansion.

qpOQKr7.jpg

As he saw Savannah run ahead of him, as usual,

fN6kjko.jpg

Sebastian mused, "That's her problem, she's always rushing."

latest?cb=20140721090643

One more tidbit that may or may not be related: There is a Jolina Family Mausoleum in Twinbrook. Jamie Jolina is one of the Jolina-Plumb family founders (along with Nigel Plumb).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top