Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long/often do you play TS4?

124...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2016
    If busy, sleepy, tired, not long. But lately when feeling fully energized, hours. Playing 1 sim week takes me hours.
    Post edited by BlkBarbiegal on
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • juliewjuliew Posts: 17 Member
    In my holiday, i can play sims 4 hours for a day, but when i am busy, i don't play it at all
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I'm currently jobless at the moment, so for about a week I've been breathing and eating the Sims. So... when I started I was at about 480ish hours (from previous 2 years worth of gameplay according to Origin) I'm at 615 now. Yeah, 135 hours of playing the Sims. Pretty much for a week straight? Roughly around 12 PM to 2 AM. I spent almost all this time catching Sims up to their correct ages (long lifespan is LONG), match making, marrying people, making babies and I think I've created 1 club, 1 restaurant, 1 house, redecorated kids rooms (15), moved Sims out and killed about 3 elders (for the first time ever).

Oh! I also made my family and my friend's family, that was about 3-4 hrs each. And each build takes about 3 hours as well. I stopped making NEW families though. I have about 42 active households and play rotational.

Normally I do like to dedicate at least and afternoon, sometimes a weekend to game play. I have a portioning problem. BUT on the same note, when I'm not into playing I can go months in between, like when I have a job or just don't have enough time to play.

I am trying really hard to not start another save file with new peoples. I think I need to look a bit smaller at things, because it's really hard staying on top of everything.
  • GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I spend most of my time making sims I don't have much time playing them but when I do the work pays off my sims are the hottest thing in the world even the married sims autonomously flirt with them.
  • EmTheSimmerEmTheSimmer Posts: 34 Member
    Usually every night for about 2 hours. I would play longer but my attention span doesn't allow it.
    hi
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2016
    I've actually been playing fairly frequently, and for longer periods of time to the point where I think I'm actually up to around 400 hours after sitting at around 200 hours some time last month. Although, this is partially because I'm looking for work at the moment.

This is especially after installing mods like MC Command Centre since it breathes some life into the game again until I get another expansion. Oddly enough, I'm actually sorely tempted to buy GT but I'm waiting until a sale so I can grab GT and maybe a stuff pack or two for the amount it would cost me to buy GT at full price.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Not at all anymore
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Played about 3 months ago, then I added the missing gp and sp, I was amused for all of an hour.....that was 2 weeks back.
  • LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    I play whenever I can. Sometimes it will be everyday or sometimes I'l go a month without playing because life gets busy. When I do play I play for at least 30 minutes. Most of my sims playing sessions last 1-4 hours. I play mostly in the evenings and weekends because that is when I end up having free time. Right now I'm really excited to see what new content we get this quarter. I always make more time to play in preparation for a new pack and right after a new pack gets released.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Usually 4 days a week for 1 or 2 hours after work. Not so much in the weekends, need time for hubby.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Never
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    I think I play maybe a few days out of a month. Mostly I play when I get the itch to build something I've either seen IRL or just something that comes to mind. I don't really "play, play" cuz I get bored pretty fast with the whole go to a club gathering, go home, go to work, go home, (rinse and repeat.)
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Last time was december 2014, so not that often i guess?
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Play every day. Hours depend on what I have to do during the day. I do a lot of multi tasking while playing.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I haven't played The Sims 4 since late June, but that was only because I moved out of the house I used to live in and I had some professional responsibilities to fulfill as well. I also haven't bought "Dine Out", "Kids Room" and "Backyard Stuff" due to boredom and the tendency to believe that they won't really provide me with fun for many weeks to come. It all seems like it's repetitive and nothing truly new and original. I really need some inspiration to keep the game going once more... Ideas, anyone? :)
  • linsleyklinsleyk Posts: 39 Member
    about a couple of hours
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I tend to play on and off. I'll go quite a while without playing at all and then when I do pick it back up again I play 2-3 hours at a time (just playing my household) about 3 or so days a week.
  • EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hardly ever. Sometimes I browse the Sims 4 gallery for about ten minutes and create one or two Sims, bc I love the Sims 4 CAS. that's pretty much it.
    When I actually play, I'm playing Sims 3. I've recently started to spend my money in the Sims 3 store, and I don't think I will buy TS4 stuff anymore.
    Post edited by EisbergsEnte on
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    It depends. Sometimes I can play a couple hours every night on weekdays and a few hours on weekends, then take a break from the game for a while to do other things until a new pack come out. This summer I've been very active and have not touch the game for a while.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'll play for an hour about every 3-4 months, to check out what's new, or to see what might have been fixed.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Haven't sat down and played for hours since December. Which is sad because I've played Since sims 1 and I've never had a break this long before.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I'll play a few minutes. I loved it once and still have all the great pix but 3 has taken over.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    It really fluctuates. Normally I don't 'play' the game, I just go through the townies, editting them all in cas till things look perfect. But if I am playing the game it can go from a couple of minutes, to being all I do if I like the characters I'm playing.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2016
    Like with all previous iterations of the Sims, it varies. I played it yesterday for the first time in a week because I got bored - but that isn't directly related to TS4, because I stopped playing the Sims entirely for about 3 or 4 years, and all my Sims 2 discs ended up collecting dust on a bookshelf. I bought TS3 a couple of years after it was released, and only bought TS4 in February this year.

So, I can play it for hours at a time - as I did with TS4 yesterday night - or I can go months, even years without so much as thinking about the Sims at all. Somebody described it as 'burnout' and I think that applies with me.. if I play it too much I get bored of it, can't think of anything else to do, so take a break.

Haven't played TS3 for a few months, and haven't played TS2 in years. For TS1 we're going back to 2006 or so.

Oh, and I totally relate to frantically saving games every 30 minutes or so in case it crashes.. I did that all the time with TS3 because it seemed to freeze and crash for no apparent reason all the god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time, and I would end up so annoyed that I'd stop playing it entirely, lol. That happened with TS4 only once since I bought it though thankfully - and with MC Command Centre I have auto-save enabled. There are many things about TS3 that I miss but its tendency to freak out and crash without warning definitely isn't one of them.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I'm more into Terraria these days. After logging off multiplayer I usually spend the same amount of time in single player mode, up to five hours in a row :s
    About once or twice a week I feel like playing a Sims game instead and when I do, it is Sims 4. Playtime varies, but never under an hour. I'm quite invested in my current family. The are astronomers and between fortune tellers, cartographers and painters every generation adds a different spin to the family trade. If I go for maximum efficiency, Sims 4 can become boring quickly, but soon as I inject roleplaying aspects (as in "what would my characters do", not as in "do quests and level your stats") it can capture my attention alright.