Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @Writin_Reg I understand completely. I'm holding my breath hoping for positive changes while I understand things can go from bad to worse. I think it'll depend on if the person who gets the job has a real understanding of the game.

Precisely.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ukkupcaukkupca Posts: 20 New Member

Im a huge fan of family play and all the things that can be found in this thread bother me aswell, but tonight - I found a little happy place in Sims 4, with mods, of course :D So I will post some pictures to share my little (baby) hapiness ^_^
    77ypi1ncrj6dg7tt5g8e.png
    72abrizfbp5lnyybxdjf.png
    crwj9voib1vtwp1iwdd3.png
  • Options
    ukkupcaukkupca Posts: 20 New Member
    And I cant upload pictures... oh, well.. If anyones intrested on seeing them I will post links:
    www.bildites.lv/images/77ypi1ncrj6dg7tt5g8e.png
    www.bildites.lv/images/72abrizfbp5lnyybxdjf.png
    www.bildites.lv/images/crwj9voib1vtwp1iwdd3.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    ukkupca wrote: »
    And I cant upload pictures... oh, well.. If anyones intrested on seeing them I will post links:
    www.bildites.lv/images/77ypi1ncrj6dg7tt5g8e.png
    www.bildites.lv/images/72abrizfbp5lnyybxdjf.png
    www.bildites.lv/images/crwj9voib1vtwp1iwdd3.png

These are lovely pictures :) I find the Sims 4 baby so depressing, but you've done a wonderful job setting up some lovely pictures. All you need is to rack up a few more posts and you will graduate to a full member and be able to post images directly :) I can't remember now if it's 25 or 30 posts, plus 50 points that you need to graduate.

If you use mods, @83bienchen made some really cute baby clothes replacements for TS4:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537752
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=556018
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    paige35617paige35617 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm hoping their silence is a hint that they are actually making huge improvements. What would be AMAZING is if they had one patch that gave us EVERYTHING we have been complaining about (not that it would actually happen, one can dream lol).
    "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain" - Vivian Greene

tumblr_lzyx3cfbsx1ql141xo1_250.gif
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Without inside information, I can not blame any one person for the Sims4 being the disappointing mess that I perceive it to be. However when you bring in a mobile game person to lead the production of a game like the Sims, it leads me to believe that this person most likely was doing what they were hired to do. Unfortunately it looks like someone changed their mind half way thru development and the Sims4 is what it is because of that.
    Do I have hope now. NOPE. I still am of the mind that the Sims4 is a lost cause for me. I dont think the game can ever provide what I would need to be happy playing it due to its limitations. And as far as the future of the series, it will imo depend on whether the series makes a return to the type game it was before 4.
    I am not holding my breath.

kim :/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    paige35617 wrote: »
    I'm hoping their silence is a hint that they are actually making huge improvements. What would be AMAZING is if they had one patch that gave us EVERYTHING we have been complaining about (not that it would actually happen, one can dream lol).

Toddlers, story progression and the solution for the culling situation. With these 3 things, I'd be really happier.
  • Options
    paige35617 wrote: »

Toddlers, story progression and the solution for the culling situation. With these 3 things, I'd be really happier.

Yes, me too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hello family players! I like the photos shared in the past few pages! @elanorbreton, that is a sad but very sweet story!

I have been getting back into Sims 4 slowly. I really like this screenshot because it's so multi-generational:
    screen_shot_2016_09_09_at_11_13_33_pm_by_eldr_fire-dahd5b3.png

On the far right in the sweater is Aurora, talking to her brother Perseus. Her mother Minerva is on the far left in the black sweater. Aurora was estranged from her family for a while because she ran off with a married (then divorced) aristocrat, and they were raising their illegitimate son together in a cottage in Windenburg. That's the boy in the green sweater, Andrew. However, things didn't work out with the two of them, so Aurora is trying to raise Andrew as a single mom. She's been slowly reconnecting with her family, and I feel like this picture represents that so much which is why I wanted to share it! On the left is her mother, Minerva, with her twin brother, Aurora's Uncle Atlas. The girl in the blue shirt talking to Andrew is Calliope, Aurora's younger sister. Aurora is talking to her younger brother Perseus. The girl with the black hair in the bun is Andrew's aunt from the aristocratic side, who also wants to take an interest in her nephew's life. Aurora's father recently died so it's even more important that the family is there for each other.

What I really enjoyed about this moment was that the only Sim who I'd directed to interact with anybody was Perseus; Minerva and Calliope struck up conversations with other family members nearby on their own. :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Awesome @Terra - I love a big family with different generations. The sims in 4 are certainly a sociable bunch, I rather like that as I was always so bad at remembering to get my sims to actually spend time with each other in previous games. Now they automatically do it for me.

@ukkupca those are gorgeous pics. I was going 'awwwwwwww' at each one :)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well, I suddenly feel more hopeful. Can't explain without sounding rude - but let's just say I am willingly looking at Sims 4 in a bit of new light.

Don't get me wrong - I am not about to go out and invest yet any further into this game until i see a cause - like past promises coming to fruitation - but I am breathing easier - and not holding my breath - and tongue between clinched teeth TODAY anyway. I am willing to see what comes of the newest revelation on the Sims 4 front and at the minute not snarling at the game with bated breath and screaming "YOU are so done and so out of my pc"! I am leaving it put - for now, and see what happens.

But in the meantime - back to Sims 2 and Sims 3 - while waiting....

Can't help myself - it is really not nice of me to smile so joyously, but no matter how many times I try hard to tell myself to stop that - that it means nothing.... here I sit grinning ear to ear like some dipsy Sims 4 sim. Sorry about that to any one offended - I just can't help it.

I know what you mean.

--T
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well, I suddenly feel more hopeful. Can't explain without sounding rude - but let's just say I am willingly looking at Sims 4 in a bit of new light.

Don't get me wrong - I am not about to go out and invest yet any further into this game until i see a cause - like past promises coming to fruitation - but I am breathing easier - and not holding my breath - and tongue between clinched teeth TODAY anyway. I am willing to see what comes of the newest revelation on the Sims 4 front and at the minute not snarling at the game with bated breath and screaming "YOU are so done and so out of my pc"! I am leaving it put - for now, and see what happens.

But in the meantime - back to Sims 2 and Sims 3 - while waiting....

Can't help myself - it is really not nice of me to smile so joyously, but no matter how many times I try hard to tell myself to stop that - that it means nothing.... here I sit grinning ear to ear like some dipsy Sims 4 sim. Sorry about that to any one offended - I just can't help it.

When did Rachel become the head of Maxis and they had Lyndsay take her place? Was it one year ago, or less than that. If the content is mapped out far ahead, then I want to see which content that Rachel had a hand in making, and how that actually turned out for both the BG and add-ons.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Rachel was head of the Sims 4, but was moved up after they added The Sims division to EA Mobile and Lucy Bradshaw "resigned". There were still two others over Rachel under EA mobile - but Rachel covered the Sims part of it. I do believe that was a year ago when Lucy Resigned.

Yes - here it is - not quite a year ago I guess:

http://www.ea.com/news/maxis-organizational-update

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    Just wanted to share a few pics from a new family I made in TS3. I honestly thought after playing TS4 I really couldnt go back but ehh it's not as tough as u'd think. Here is June Chapman and her daughter Kenya. June is a very loving and caring woman but also very naive. She let's men use and manipulate her thus the result of Kenya whom she loves regardless how she came to be but it seems the cycle continues with baby number 2......
    June and Kenya playing with blocks. Mommy trying to show her sweetie just how it goes!
    Screenshot.jpg
    Looks like it's bedtime.
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    A little snuggle after learning how to use the potty.
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    Yay Kenya just learned how to walk!!Screenshot_6.jpg

I'm enjoying myself and only missing the ease of building and the body manipulations of TS4 otherwise....
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    So she did it after all! Poor June fell in love with Mark Davis-Welles. She even introduced him to Kenya and thought maybe they could have a life together.
    Screenshot_8.jpg
    Uh oh! Is she sick or is this a sign...
    Screenshot_9.jpg
    June now finds out that she is preggers and that Mark is married and just had a baby with his wife!! She not only had to find out at a party that he invited her to, but she also witnessed his wife eyeing up another woman (I wish I caught the pic omg that was so random and I didnt even instigate it!!!!)
    Screenshot_10.jpg]
    Little Kenya really wanted to play in the rain on her birthday instead of sitting around with a bunch of adults and waiting until mom came home with the new baby.
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    Welcome to the family baby Norah!
    Screenshot_15.jpg

I really hope I get to do stories like this in TS4 soon. I have such wonderful families that can be full and complete with a couple toddlers here and there. Waiting with bated breath. Btw idk why the babies look like they do, probably some CC or mod idk or it could be Mark Davis-Welles genes that make his kids look weird LMAO!!!!!

~~~Lala B~~~
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Just wanted to share a few pics from a new family I made in TS3. I honestly thought after playing TS4 I really couldnt go back but ehh it's not as tough as u'd think. Here is June Chapman and her daughter Kenya. June is a very loving and caring woman but also very naive. She let's men use and manipulate her thus the result of Kenya whom she loves regardless how she came to be but it seems the cycle continues with baby number 2......
    June and Kenya playing with blocks. Mommy trying to show her sweetie just how it goes!
    Screenshot.jpg
    Looks like it's bedtime.
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    A little snuggle after learning how to use the potty.
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    Yay Kenya just learned how to walk!!Screenshot_6.jpg

I'm enjoying myself and only missing the ease of building and the body manipulations of TS4 otherwise....

Kenya is such a cute toddler I love her pajamas.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Vacation was amazing, so not caring about the Sims has been nice. My brother proposed to his girlfriend at the Coldplay concert during the Scientist song since that is their couple song. I witnessed a couple murders of creatures, solved a mystery, witnessed someone being pulled out of a stretcher, stormed a castle, scratched off seeing my favorite band live off my bucket list, visited Japantown, ate at one of my favorite chain restaurants from high school, had In N' Out, and took way too many pictures of my brother and future sister-in-law. So as far as excitement and drama, my trip was full of it. Shame the Sims 4 doesn't have any of this, but oh well, c'est la vie. I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying life too. There is such an interesting adventures to await out there, so I hope that you all get a chance to escape the Sims fiasco too. Anyway bye again, going to be busy with wedding plans for my brother.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Glad you enjoyed you holiday @Scobre and have fun helping with the wedding plans
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi everyone :smiley:

The pics you all posted are pretty cools and I enjoyed seeing them :smiley:

I saw the news about RF and some influencers/gamers'opinions after 2 years already passed for the 4th generation for the game, and I can say it was interesting ^^

Sadly, I don't think will improve for Sims 4 since they already planned what to do for years to come (meaning for at least 2 years, since plural was used) if I understood well :/
    And in 2 years, the game will already be 4 years old, if it make it that far, meaning it'll probably be at the end of its lifespan if the others'generations of the Sims are something to go by since they lasted 4 years for Sims 2 and 5 years for Sims 3 if I'm not mistaking.
    Meaning it will probably be too late :open_mouth:

But in my opinion, it was already too late the moment it was started as Olympus/online game and not as a "real" Sims 4.

I hope you guys understand what I mean ^^'

Anyway, I have a good bunch of pic to show you and I hope it'll lift a bit the mood/brighten the day :wink:

895241Screenshot44.png
    318154Screenshot45.png
    522697Screenshot46.png
    968664Screenshot47.png
    378026Screenshot48.png
    After a day at the beach, the children were tired, so the parent read them a little story and the parent also went to bed after that :)
    That bedtime story interaction is just so cute :heart:

584969Screenshot49.png
    412659Screenshot50.png
    590290Screenshot51.png
    The next day, the children played and took care of their horses.

902630Screenshot52.png
    The parents helped their children with their homework.

460075Screenshot56.png
    On an autumn night, a racoon foraged in the trash can in search of food XD

725182Screenshot57.png
    Daren and Lence playing with their toy before going to bed ^^

354041Screenshot58.png
    On the way to school :smile:

828577Screenshot59.png
    491139Screenshot60.png
    The homeworks seem to be harder :open_mouth:

318231Screenshot61.png
    619596Screenshot62.png
    And the twins grew up into teens :smiley:
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Your TS3 screenshots always look so nice. I have a gaming computer and can't get my game to look like that, don't know what I'm doing wrong with the settings.
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited September 2016
    All I see in the guru post is dodging the question, and this is used very frequently in politics, for debate purposes.
    There has to be an official strategy guide somewhere, but here are some common tactics off the top of my head:

Answer the topic, not the question. Q - Will we ever have toddlers in TS4? A - Toddlers are an important issue. We talk about it every day. Blah blah blah

Blame someone/something else: Q - Did you plan on updating us with new about family play? A - That is not my department, so they will have to let you know.

Pressing circumstances: Q - Why did you steal my car? A - Actually, I need to get going, my wife just went into labor.

Answer with a question: Q - Did you kill my dog? A - Did I?

Attack the question: Q - Did you take my dog? A - First, you will have to be more specific about what you mean by "dog".

Attack the questioner: Q - What did you do last summer? A - Well, we all know what you did last summer... I can't believe you'd bring it up.

Make it murky: Q - How did you do it? A - Let's just say you would have done the same.

Make it difficult: Q - How did you do it? A - I could tell you, but you wouldn't understand.

Swap issues: Q - Why can't we get an answer after two years? A - Well the real issue is XYZ.

Throw a bone. Q - Can you explain why you lied to the public? A - I understand your concern, but if you let me get to the real issues I can tell you what you really want to hear.

I hope this makes sense, you can apply these basically to any area of your life as well, if you are not already familiar.
    (I'm in the psych field so I can't help but analyze answers like these.)

Hullo All..

I know this quoted material is from the previous page, but as I don't really come on here that often I only saw it this morning and simply had to input "my two pence":

I work in the E. A. P. field and even though that is far from public relations, the script looks all too familiar!

As I will always be relatively clumsy with English, especially in speech, I actually had to endure a course I like to call "Bull 102". In short, as everyone might surmise, is when a company cannot rule something out 100%, but nevertheless have no plans for such a product or device, either, we "let them down easy" as it were.
    They would rather not completely slam the door, but awaiting the addition of the little ankle-biters can be akin to waiting for the cattle to return to the barn of their own accord.

My reasoning/suspicions are as such:

(Once again I really would prefer to be wrong as I definitely care about all the wonderful people on this and similar threads and how your wishes are hardly Earth-moving requests.)

So enough with the rattling on tangents: I feel as though they will not introduce the Toddler life stage because in all likelihood, the overall game design makes "rewiring" the base an exceedingly cumbersome and expensive task, or to put it colloquially, to re-code the base would be a dog's breakfast, an enterprise they will not undertake.

So, the introduction of tykes would need to be by way of an expansion pack and, as pointed out in another post on the previous page which I won't prolong this post by trying to quote at this stage, but as with doctors from "Get to Work" cannot make house-calls to Sims located in Base domiciles. I fear that all things concerning the toddlers would likewise be restricted to the realm of their expansion package.

While "everyone" is reading my thoughts on this matter I might as well rabbit on a bit more and add a thought about Former Employee Rachel.. I do not think the departure of one guru is going to affect any noticeable change in the direction of the 4th edition of the Sims. It is the management who makes the calls and the creative individuals who must make these things occur within the constraints of the budgets allowed. New though I am to the West, it does seem to be standard corporate operating procedure, build castles from "x" number of tooth picks.

What sends up a flag is that while turnover among young people in the technology field is not at all uncommon, working for Electronic Arts is a plum assignment (Where "plum" is the original meaning of the word!) . . .for those in that line of work so the departure of "gurus" is a bit strange.

***All right I'm done, I thank everyone for their patience with me for being a page late and a pound short!***

PS: Make that 2 pages late, I see I sent this thread to page 1061, probably because this is a rather windy post.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Park wrote: »

Hullo All..
    I know this quoted material is from the previous page, but as I don't really come on here that often I only saw it this morning and simply had to input "my two pence":

I work in the E. A. P. field and even though that is far from public relations, the script looks all too familiar!

As I will always be relatively clumsy with English, especially in speech, I actually had to endure a course I like to call "Bull 102". In short, as everyone might surmise, is when a company cannot rule something out 100%, but nevertheless have no plans for such a product or device, either, we "let them down easy" as it were.
    They would rather not completely slam the door, but awaiting the addition of the little ankle-biters can be akin to waiting for the cattle to return to the barn of their own accord.

My reasoning/suspicions are as such:

(Once again I really would prefer to be wrong as I definitely care about all the wonderful people on this and similar threads and how your wishes are hardly Earth-moving requests.)

So enough with the rattling on tangents: I feel as though they will not introduce the Toddler life stage because in all likelihood, the overall game design makes "rewiring" the base an exceedingly cumbersome and expensive task, or to put it colloquially, to re-code the base would be a dog's breakfast, an enterprise they will not undertake.

So, the introduction of tykes would need to be by way of an expansion pack and, as pointed out in another post on the previous page which I won't prolong this post by trying to quote at this stage, but as with doctors from "Get to Work" cannot make house-calls to Sims located in Base domiciles. I fear that all things concerning the toddlers would likewise be restricted to the realm of their expansion package.

While "everyone" is reading my thoughts on this matter I might as well rabbit on a bit more and add a thought about Former Employee Rachel.. I do not think the departure of one guru is going to affect any noticeable change in the direction of the 4th edition of the Sims. It is the management who makes the calls and the creative individuals who must make these things occur within the constraints of the budgets allowed. New though I am to the West, it does seem to be standard corporate operating procedure, build castles from "x" number of tooth picks.

What sends up a flag is that while turnover among young people in the technology field is not at all uncommon, working for Electronic Arts is a plum assignment (Where "plum" is the original meaning of the word!) . . .for those in that line of work so the departure of "gurus" is a bit strange.

***All right I'm done, I thank everyone for their patience with me for being a page late and a pound short!***

PS: Make that 2 pages late, I see I sent this thread to page 1061, probably because this is a rather windy post.

TBH if this turns out to be the case and we never get toddlers, I really don't think I'd trust EA again; most likely would never buy another game by them which at the end of the day wouldn't be too upsetting cuz the only other games I like are console versions of PvZ and Dragons age. Uhrgg and I'm already going through my ish with Blizzard oh well at least the issues I have there arent as bad as here. Guess it's back to WoW for me.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top