Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: Origin Update & 64-bit on PCs

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Yeah, the new Origin had a minor issue that needed fixed and, it is fixed now but, may not have rolled out to everyone just yet. If you really want the new look, you can opt in to Beta in the Origin Application Settings, then exit Origin completely and restart it to get the Beta which will have the new look.

Having either version will not affect your ability to play games so, it really makes no difference other than the interface right now and, everyone will be updated before too long anyway, if you don't want to try the Beta version.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited September 2016

I noticed in @pepperjax1230 picture that it says Beta so wondering how many of you who got it have "update to Beta version when available" checked in General Origin Beta Participation I do not and so
    i presume that is why mine remains at non updated version?

update; Sorry i see some of you say you are getting it as a new release so not still in Beta
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member

Yeah, the new Origin had a minor issue that needed fixed and, it is fixed now but, may not have rolled out to everyone just yet. If you really want the new look, you can opt in to Beta in the Origin Application Settings, then exit Origin completely and restart it to get the Beta which will have the new look.

Having either version will not affect your ability to play games so, it really makes no difference other than the interface right now and, everyone will be updated before too long anyway, if you don't want to try the Beta version.

Sorry but this is not a true statement. I just tried to play my game and could not because I needed a crucial update in Origin. Guess what that was I have the new Origin no way I can go back this time. There is a learning curve, but it does stop you from playing the game if you do not change to it. I do not have the Beta checked.
  • HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    Well, when we open game properties in my Gf computer in order to change to 64-bit, the window is bugged, only appearing pieces of it.
    Not even the save button, we took awhile to figure out where the save button would be and click on it by guessing the place.
    So frustrating.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    How did I get this version of origins I hate it?
    6KneVp4GPlNEkEC19crpKA6nWXIDK.jpg

Oh good, someone else is not a fan. I want the UI I had yesterday back. I don't like this new thing at all. Already. It's not nearly as configurable.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I've yet to meet someone that IS a fan ...
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I got it on my macbook, but not on my PC..
    Also signing NOT a fan of the new UI.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I don't get the big deal with the people upset with this. I mean, it took all of three seconds to figure it out. My game is playing fine and once launched I closed Origin like always. Maybe I just never spend much time in Origin. Can you do stuff in it besides just buy and launch? Well, I guess they have those chat room things and stuff but, you know, not my deal- if I'm in game I'm in game. Of course if a glitch has stopped you from actually playing your game I'd be upset.

One thing- it has SimCity13 and Star Wars Battlefront listed as my ONLY FAVORITES! LMAO! Neither is my favorite, ha ha ha! According to Origin I've played SimCity for 50 hours- oh yeah that's my favorite alright. There must be a button somewhere I pushed sometime (before SimCity launched obviously) that set that as a favorite. Star Wars is just okay but also not a favorite.
    Still no sign of update on mine so not sure why this is? Anyone else who doesn't have "Origin Beta Participatio" checked not have the update?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited September 2016
    I don't get it either. I think it may depend on your country.

I had it when it was still beta but since I have the new computer and downloaded it again, I still have the old. From what I'm seeing at AHQ, there have been some problems for certain countries.

Enjoy the old one while it lasts.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

Thanks @crinrict I was starting to feel all alone. And i will.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited September 2016
    How did I get this version of origins I hate it?
    6KneVp4GPlNEkEC19crpKA6nWXIDK.jpg

Oh good, someone else is not a fan. I want the UI I had yesterday back. I don't like this new thing at all. Already. It's not nearly as configurable.

well check out here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899379/i-am-having-some-serious-problems-people#latest I too am not a fan.

I went into my game I can't do anything to my town but place buildings, I can't bull-dose them I do not even get the options to do that I do not get the three circles on the bottom giving me the options, so I am not having a great time with this. I have re-installed and everything. Both game and Origin. Keep the old one. I asked in chat why did they mess with something that worked, I was told because that is what they needed to do. WHAT?
    I don't get the big deal with the people upset with this. I mean, it took all of three seconds to figure it out. My game is playing fine and once launched I closed Origin like always. Maybe I just never spend much time in Origin. Can you do stuff in it besides just buy and launch? Well, I guess they have those chat room things and stuff but, you know, not my deal- if I'm in game I'm in game. Of course if a glitch has stopped you from actually playing your game I'd be upset.

One thing- it has SimCity13 and Star Wars Battlefront listed as my ONLY FAVORITES! LMAO! Neither is my favorite, ha ha ha! According to Origin I've played SimCity for 50 hours- oh yeah that's my favorite alright. There must be a button somewhere I pushed sometime (before SimCity launched obviously) that set that as a favorite. Star Wars is just okay but also not a favorite.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899379/i-am-having-some-serious-problems-people#latest
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Thanks, just changed mine back, new origin is pretty *Insert swear here*

Turns out it's just a UI error, not really reverting to 32-bit, so you would have been ok :)
    let me get this right even it said 32 bit it will go into 64bit?

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2016
    I didn't notice an Origin update and my launch is still set at 64-bit. I wonder if everyone's being updated at the same time.

I don't know what triggers an update to start - for me, it was opening Origin (I was going to play for a bit, but ended up not now.) If yours updated without you noticing, it will look like this now:

29436611402_45f58d3a8d.jpg

(But of course your mileage may vary on what games show ;) )

My origin does not look like that, it's just as is before :o Do you have beta version enabled?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Turns out it's just a UI error, not really reverting to 32-bit, so you would have been ok :)

You can check in the task manager. It should say (32) on the process if it's running in 32 bit
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »

You can check in the task manager. It should say (32) on the process if it's running in 32 bit
    Thanks

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited September 2016
    I think there should be a third option automatic detection where it will detect if your rig can handle 32 bit or 64 bit.

Are you referring to Sims 4 program or Origin app, can Origin run in 64 bit? I ran Sims 4 and in task manager it does not specify 32 bit or 64 bit just the Origin app unless I am reading something else?

UPDATED: Origin might say it's in 32-bit mode, but might not be actually - there's a UI error rather than an actual change to 32-bit:

Still, because it looks like it's wrong, it can feel better to change it and be sure. Instructions in my earlier post below the line :)
    Just want to let 64-bit PC Simmers know that after Origin updates today, go into Sims 4 to check your settings: mine reset to 32-bit, and yours might have to.

New path:
    Game Library > click on Sims 4 > click the Settings symbol > Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options.

(SimStaff, if this could stay in GD where more Simmers will see it, that would be awesome! People are likely to go into Technical only after they've had a problem.)
    I agree that it should be fixed as soon as possible because for some it might be confusing.

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think there should be a third option automatic detection where it will detect if your rig can handle 32 bit or 64 bit.

Are you referring to Sims 4 program or Origin app, can Origin run in 64 bit? I ran Sims 4 and in task manager it does not specify 32 bit or 64 bit just the Origin app unless I am reading something else?

Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete)
    edited September 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I know all about that what I want know am I looking at Origin or the Sims 4 to be running in 64 bit. If it is Origin I never seen it in Task manager running as a 64 bit program.

• SimJoseph7SimJoseph7 Posts: 110 Member

I know all about that what I want know am I looking at Origin or the Sims 4 to be running in 64 bit. If it is Origin I never seen it in Task manager running as a 64 bit program.

ORIGIN just launches it, so it does not matter. The Sims executable is either 32 or 64 bit.
    Joseph
    Dreams Never Die, Just The Dreamer...
    I figured how I know if I am running in 64 bit or 32 bit by looking in my config file under Electronic Arts.
    SimJoseph7 wrote: »

ORIGIN just launches it, so it does not matter. The Sims executable is either 32 or 64 bit.
    That is true but there is a bug in the UI that governs 32 bit or 64 Bit.

If it's just SIms 4 then it's 64 bit.

Origin doesn't matter.
    AHQ Tutorial