Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Reading Roundabout

Comments

• TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Hello hello!

I hope your week is flowing along nicely. I've been distracted by the pretty weather, watching the twins play outside in the water is so much fun! It sure beats having them inside breaking everything in sight LOL but without joking around, I've been doing a little writing also naturally. Can't stop it anymore now :smiley: So here's the second chapter of the new generation

08-19-16_2-59-59c2a0am.jpg

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Twiggy wrote: »
    @mastressalita That sounds awesome! I can imagine you having great fun with your father at those baseball games :smiley:

I've noticed messages on WordPress are not getting through on some pages, like yours @writtenfae and @lisabee2 There will be quite some older messages waiting in the spam box to approve, I suppose. Would you be so kind as to check? I naturally don't want you to think I only like your chapters and never comment on the ones I've read :'(

OH I did not know there was a spam box ... :(
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 It's only trial and error I found out myself. It's probably a default WP setting. Whenever a person comments on your page that has never before done so, WP asks for your approval. These comments are marked as pending or unapproved. You should be able to check any pending comments in the comments section under 'My Site'. Hope this helps :blush:
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Actually, I have my WP set so none of the comments on my site require the "approval." Free comments for all! Most people just leave their comments on the "default" setting though, which does require someone to be "approved" the first time though. (I don't like that setting, which is why I changed it; I want folks to see their comments appear right away).

Wordpress does run its own backend spam filter though, and if you are a free user, you have no way of shutting this off. All you can do is check the spam box from time to time to see if any "false positives" are in there and approve them to let them through, and if there is legitimate spam in there, to delete it out. I find I hardly ever have spam caught in it; usually only 2-3 messages a year.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    @lisabee2 @mastressalita @sweetnightingale @writtenfae and @cuddles5427 Hiya, wonderful people! This week's readings involves fairy tales and happy endings as Snow White starts her life after winning the Asylum Challenge! The second post of this thread is updated with link accordingly and I invite everyone to take part in a Q&A with its author @lisabee2 <3 this coming weekend.

~hugs~
    @Twiggy Since I will be out of town this weekend on vacation, I'll probably miss the weekend talk and have to catch up with that after I get back. I did, however, manage to get through the reading this morning and leave commentary on Wordpress. ^_^

*returns to packing and errands*
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    edited September 2016
    @mastressalita Ah yes, don't worry, I'm aware of that but thanks for sharing of course :) I do hope you have the best of time with your father and travel safe!

Edit: And I almost forgot... Congratulations on a year's worth of indexing! I'm so happy you keep finding the motivation to contribute to this community the way you do. <3
    Post edited by Twiggy on
    :)@mastressalita .. one of these trips I hope we can meet for coffee or tea or a soda or wine and discuss our mutual love of the elder sim :) Have fun in Seattle .. we have cooled off considerably so you will find it quite comfortable!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 : Yes, my Dad just sent me the Kingston weather report... 60 degree weather and rain! He has sent me no less than 5 e-mails telling me to bring sweatshirts and jackets now, hahaha! (I know Dad, I get it... talk about those elders... ^_~ ) This summer heat and constant forest fires making the air all smokey (and doing a real humdinger on my head) out here in Idaho has been eating me alive, so I personally will be looking forward to the respite!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    @mastressalita OH I hope it is better soon. We are to be at sport horse nationals in Nampa, ID on the 21st .. pretty exciting but my lungs will not do well in the smoke :(
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 : There is a fire in the Boise National Forest right now, and Idaho City is getting the worst of it, but there will still be some latent smokiness in the Boise/Nampa/Meridian/Caldwell area (especially if you can easily detect that sort of thing like I can with my migraine-head). I use this site to keep a look at the fire maps during the summer.

How long are you going to be in Nampa? If the 21st weren't in the middle of the work week but on the weekend instead I totally would be able to go up there (just a 2ish hour drive for me... in fact I have to drive up to Boise tomorrow morning to catch my flight).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    My daughter rides day 1 and the last day on Saturday the 25th .. so we are there for the entire shindig :) I would love to meet up for coffee .. or come see the pretty horses.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Hey, hey! Hope you're all off to a great start this Monday <3

I didn't have the best of weekends, so I apologize for being so late, Lisa... I have enjoyed reading Snow White's - New Beginnings over the past week @lisabee2 I'm glad we got to see the same wit in this story as you used in the Asylum Challenge. I loved the Fruit Loops reference among others :)

Just as you think 'this girl will end up all alone' :( Prince shows up, YAY! I like the twist and background story of Prince Charming and Snow White. It really gives their romance so much depth. Besides it is always wonderful to see elder sims enjoying each others company. Was it a deliberate plot choice beforehand to have them meet as elders?

I enjoyed seeing the ghostly pink love too btw. It reminded me of the Von Haunt Estate's ghost couple. Seeing them in these different stages I had been wondering about the kingdom. What would happen when they die and there is no heir? So fun to see in the end they eat the ambrosia. Now I want to read Redux and see how they fair as YA's :smiley:

edited September 2016
    Hi, how's everyone doing?

This week is off to a little better start and hopefully a lot better finish :sweat: Trying to get some extra gaming in this week since I've started preparations on a side challenge. I'm getting the hang of it and think it's time for a little spin-off. Though I won't start writing for it before this fall when the kids are starting school and I hopefully get more time to concentrate on my updates :smiley:

This week @mastressalita will be on a small vacation. We, on the other hand, have chapters 15 to 30 of The Cat Chronicles awaiting us haha I do hope all are able to chime in for this weekend's Roundabout so Sara and Shadow will be at the center of attention <3

And on a side note, I've updated the Mezilkree prettacy with a new chapter: Chapter 2.3 - Marley matures

~hugs~
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Hey, hey! Hope you're all off to a great start this Monday <3

I didn't have the best of weekends, so I apologize for being so late, Lisa... I have enjoyed reading Snow White's - New Beginnings over the past week @lisabee2 I'm glad we got to see the same wit in this story as you used in the Asylum Challenge. I loved the Fruit Loops reference among others :)

Just as you think 'this girl will end up all alone' :( Prince shows up, YAY! I like the twist and background story of Prince Charming and Snow White. It really gives their romance so much depth. Besides it is always wonderful to see elder sims enjoying each others company. Was it a deliberate plot choice beforehand to have them meet as elders?

I enjoyed seeing the ghostly pink love too btw. It reminded me of the Von Haunt Estate's ghost couple. Seeing them in these different stages I had been wondering about the kingdom. What would happen when they die and there is no heir? So fun to see in the end they eat the ambrosia. Now I want to read Redux and see how they fair as YA's :smiley:

Yes it was a deliberate choice .. After the fiasco with Giuseppe (who I had envisioned as her prince) I realized that the regular boy meets girl was ntot going to do for this one .. I love the idea of finding that true love you had searched for all of your life as an elder ... As YAs they are still sappy in love but IRONICALLY they do not autonomously woo hoo as much as they did when elders. While the back story is my creation I cannot take credit for it .. Virtualee gave me a hard nudge to come up with WHY they were connected. It was hard LOL

TY Twiggy for reading .. :) I LOVE Sara and Shadow so I will have to go in and refresh my read of these chapters :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited September 2016
    @lisabee2 You did find a great reason, though! Oh btw, did you find my comments in your spam filter? Otherwise, there might be something terribly wrong on my end. Lemme know, will you? :)

I don't mind revisiting these chapters myself. I still have so much more catching up to do too so I'll throw it all in the mix this coming week.
    Post edited by Twiggy on
    I just got back in town from my trip to Washington! I'm pretty exhausted so my roundup commentary will be postponed until tomorrow... but I am back in Potatoland now. ^_~
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    I just got back in town from my trip to Washington! I'm pretty exhausted so my roundup commentary will be postponed until tomorrow... but I am back in Potatoland now. ^_~

LOL I was sruggling at first cause I was reading Portland .. and I was wondering how on earth I got it so wrong .. WHEN I read it closer POTATOland LOL!!!

Did you have a lovely trip and how was the game .. we are going tomorrow :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 : Heh, I went to three games, and they won two of the three. The funny thing is the two games I went with just my dad they won, but the game that my stepmom tagged along they lost, and she says every game she goes to they lose, so she swears she is bad luck. The first game I saw they won 11-8 (it was 11 to 4 when we left the park to catch the ferry, the Angels must have rallied in the ninth inning!) The Sunday game they lost 2 to 4 and that game was really heartfelt because Shoemaker, the Angels pitcher, got hit in the head with a line drive hit by Seager and it was one of those moments where everyone was holding their breath. He managed to walk off field but you could tell it was really bad... there was blood running down his face and it took a while before he was able to stand back up. Seager looked just awful and all the Angels were kneeling out on the field worried. Apparently Shoemaker had to be taken to the ER for a CT scan, and he had a cracked skull, small hematoma, and a laceration. He got a standing ovation when he walked off the field, everyone was really worried for him. The Labor Day game was the first game for the Texas Rangers, and... the Mariners creamed them, 14 to 6! It was a lot of fun! My legs are still really sore from all those walks back and forth from the park to the ferry though!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    @mastressalita I wondered of you were there for that one .. the poor man really took a clonk to the ole bean. They say now he is in stable condition and able to talk. His prognosis is reported as good! LOL I hope your stepmom stays home tomorrow LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @mastressalita LOL I found this and I so needed to share it with you!!

4%20mastressalita_zpsvgwac9sq.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I finally got my update done .. time to move forward for Prince and Snow! Because I made you wait so long I have included a little bonus for my Bruno fans.

09-06-16_1-35-47nbspAM_zps5l8foyng.jpg

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/snow-and-prince-redux-21-the-surprise/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Wowza! This place is dead. I imagine everyone is keeping busy, and I hope you all are doing well.

I'm REALLY late getting in on last week's discussion but still wanted to put in my two cents' worth. @lisabee2 - I've really enjoyed reading Snow White's New Beginnings and seeing how her life turned out after the Asylum Challenge. She certainly didn't have it easy and I was rooting for her to succeed every step of the way.

I thought for sure things would work out with Giovanni but in the end, it turned out the way it was mean to be. She found Prince and they had a great life together. At first, I was sad that they didn't find each other until they were elders but then, I got to thinking about how they appreciated and cherished each other even more. They were older and wiser and it's an age where you realize what's important in life. I was so glad to see that they did get a second chance at life and youth, and from the Redoux, they lead a very active life.

So, my question is, do you plan out your story several chapters in advance or do you just let the game guide how the story turns out? I do remember you saying you thought Giovanni would be the one for her but it didn't work out that way. So, it sounds like the game threw your a curve ball that you caught with ease. :)

I look forward to reading the Redux and seeing what Snow and Prince get up to in their new life.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    Hello wonderful people,

This morning I wanted to spend some time to get the weekly discussion going over here. Instead, after checking in here, I went outside to clear my head. I promise I'll get back on Shadow asap nonetheless @mastressalita

After having the wind blow through my hair down by the coast and thinking this over, there's something I would like to get off my chest. Yes, this place looks dead. I'm not happy to see these developments and would love to revitalize our reading circle. In order to do this, though, I need your help. I must say that the involvement in the weekly discussion of chapters over the last weeks has been somewhat disappointing to me. Maybe I haven't been as much on the ball as I should have either. I understand that it is summertime for us all but when starting this circle we set out to follow certain guidelines.

Besides that, I do not see many posts mentioning new chapters either. I think it's a shame not knowing what my fellow members are up to or how they fare in general. Every week, I do my best to keep my reading and this thread up to date and start a weekly discussion over the weekends. It's hard to start a discussion when not everyone chimes in when they're able, naturally. I need you guys to make this work together.

Not answering questions members ask here or coming in here after a while and saying the place is dead is not motivating to me to keep this thread alive. I also believe this should be somewhat of a mutual effort. I hope we can all agree here and all are willing to put some more time in now the seasons are changing once more.

@writtenfae @sweetnightingale @lisabee2 @cuddles5427 @mastressalita I would like everyone's feedback on this, please. I don't mind making changes. Better yet, I want to listen to your individual takes on our reading circle, as is and where possible make changes for the better. This is the first reading circle I've ever started/joined and I'm open to suggestions :) I do appreciate each and every one of you and hope you are able to take some of your time to share your views with the rest of us.
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    I'm having the same kinds of things happening in the reading circle I'm hosting, so the trend seems to be catching. I have seen the decline happening here and I'm afraid I did mu share to contribute to it. I will say, though, that I have been doing my best to keep up with the reading and will certainly make more of an effort to comment and join in on the discussions. Life does get hectic at times and sadly, it can eat into the time I'd like to spend on here. With that said, I haven't even touched any of my own stories in WEEKS and it irritates me since I try to get a chapter in something out at least once a week.

I'd really hate to see this thread close, so I agree that we all need to do our best to keep it alive.

As to updates, I do apologize. I haven't posted an update because I haven't had one come out recently. As I said, I'm way behind in everything Sims related, which I'm trying to remedy as quickly as I can. Also, just so you know, from Wednesday to next Sunday, I'll essentually be out of action due to being out of town. I'll have my IPad with me but I don't know how much posting I'll be able to do since things are going to be quite busy and we won't make it back to the hotel room until late evening at times. I'll do my best to at least pop in and more, if time allows.

Just my two cents' worth.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more