Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the point of the nanny?

I hire a nanny who is pretty much there 24/7, but I still get pop-up notifications that my baby will be taken away if they aren't fed. Why isn't the nanny feeding the baby? geez, my sim parents don't have time for a baby! lol. I like to wait a sim week or so before i age them so have some semblance of reality so it's not like she is giving birth to a 2nd grader. you know, because there are no toddlers if you didn't notice. ;)

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Is there more then one baby in the house?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    no, just one
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is wondering this. I hired a nanny because I only had two sims and I used them at the restaurant I owned pretty much all the time... And I started getting notifications saying that my kid would be taken away if I don't feed it.
    giphy.gif
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is wondering this. I hired a nanny because I only had two sims and I used them at the restaurant I owned pretty much all the time... And I started getting notifications saying that my kid would be taken away if I don't feed it.

Yep same here. Even when the parents are home and the nanny is there, he/she just sits there and watches TV. When the nanny does do what it's supposed to do, I like to have one for story telling purposes. Considering babies aren't that challenging as objects & kids are 100% self sufficient, the nanny is kind of pointless in this game.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, that does reeks and the nanny is used in place of you not being there so they should do what you do when you are there. They should be feeding that child and it is another bug EA/Maxis should be fixing and one should not have to age a baby to avoid the child from being taken away. I guess there are problems no matter what version you play that creeps in.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    They pretty much said it when nannys were released that there is no point as in its totally optional. But basically they watch your baby or kids, clean up, and cook, and encourage your kids if they do homework, stuff like that. Personally I kinda liked it. My Sims have over $300k so they've got money to blow, didn't bother me one bit to hire a nanny.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »

Yep same here. Even when the parents are home and the nanny is there, he/she just sits there and watches TV. When the nanny does do what it's supposed to do, I like to have one for story telling purposes. Considering babies aren't that challenging as objects & kids are 100% self sufficient, the nanny is kind of pointless in this game.

Same! When I came home after a 10 hour shift at the restaurant, the nanny was sitting in my lounge watching TV while my child was upstairs crying. Exactly, that's why I sort of want toddlers (don't hate me) because they actually gave a slight challenge to the game, whereas babies aren't challenging to take care of at all and kids do are self-sufficient.
    giphy.gif
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I love the nanny. She takes care of my baby and child during the 4 hours after school when both parents are at work.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like her if for story telling/imagination purposes. I.e if I'm doing a story where the parents don't allow the children to stay home alone. But mostly I don't use them as they aren't required like In the sims 2/3
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I tried out the Nanny service twice, and both times the Nanny sat around and watched TV for a majority of the time. :p
    They also went and cuddled with my Sims' crying baby, and then went off to make a drink, leaving the baby still crying.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The one time I hired the nanny (so my Sim could go look for collectables) she never even went in the house -- she just stood out on the patio while the babies (twins) cried.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I thought some nannies are lousy on purpose until you hire the right one? I've had a great nanny, but I deleted her from world manager and the next nanny didn't do so well..
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    What is the point of the nanny?
    smoke screen & a failed tryout ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I have only hired a nanny twice and both times he looked after the babies very well. I suppose I have been lucky.
  • WenniepennieWenniepennie Posts: 61 Member
    My nanny went to my restaurant while she was supposed to take care of the baby. Idk how it happened; she suddenly appeared next to my cook....
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    @aaronrulz Did you make sure there are no locked doors or objects that could be blocking them from reaching the baby?
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    My nanny went to my restaurant while she was supposed to take care of the baby. Idk how it happened; she suddenly appeared next to my cook....

Hello @Wenniepennie .
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-DO-Serivce-NPC-appearing-at-business-venue/td-p/4524049
    Hello @aaronrulz
    Try deleting the nanny from the game through manage households, Then try hiring a new nanny and see if the same issues occur.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So far I've been really lucky with the nanny. Sure they sit and watch TV sometimes, but they've cooked meals, helped with homework and played/socialized with the kids while my sim paints, writes, gardens.. does yoga, collects, repairs or whatever. I really like the feeling of having them there when I choose to have children in the game.
    I keep trying to throw some obstacles in the nannies path for the heck of it... intricate house with bad routing, locked doors, fires, 7 screaming babies ect.. still haven't gotten around to it though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ScarletlocsScarletlocs Posts: 54 Member
    I am so psst. My child was taken away while the Nanny was on duty. I mean I am a little sad because she had an affair but, really. Now I have to create a baby all over again. Urgh. Screaming.
    Hello @Scarletlocs.
    If you haven't saved the game, come out of the game without saving, then reload the game. If you have saved the game, try rolling back your saved game file to an earlier version before it occurred. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I've never used the nanny. I create grandparents for that. I like that a lot better than hiring a stranger.
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I like the nanny! I've only used them at night since I don't like messing with my sims' sleep schedules... I've had two different ones so far and one was fantastic until he was suddenly switched to the doctor career and the second one was okay. :/ She took forever to take care of the baby and I had to turn off the TV to get her to do it sometimes.
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    The nannies I have hired have been great as well. They encourage them when they are working on their skills and help with their homework. I've not had any problems with them
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited September 2016
    The Nanny service is so pointless. You hire a Nanny, which is so expensive, and they do nothing. Wheras, if you automatically leave the lot, the baby will be taken to 'daycare' and get their needs all the way up.