Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 2 worth buying?

Comments

• joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    I'm shocked that TS2 isn't available through Origin anymore, what were they thinking? Lol so much lost revenue, I wonder if it's a licensing thing?

@Allisas I'm still experiencing the family dynamics lol I've created a couple, lived in an apartment, earned some cash, had a baby, built a house and now experiencing toddler hood. I'm trying to go slow for a change. I felt like I had to rush in TS3 but TS2 forces you to slow down and smell the roses lol
    I took the pledge
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2015
    You can still get it through Origin if you get the right help staff member. Only thing is they can only give it to you for free. I would have still paid for it, but free is nice for a game that is no longer supported. Really, I think that they hope that if we can't buy it anymore we'll stop going on about how they still haven't made a better version in many, many ways - although 3 is huge and full of content and 4 has lovely tools for building and creating pretty sims.

eta so many typos D:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    yeah you have to show proof that you own a disk copy and even then they don't seem to like giving it to you. It's weird because most people would be happy to pay for it, they could sell it to the public and make a fortune.. again lol

I took the pledge
    joralyd wrote: »
    yeah you have to show proof that you own a disk copy and even then they don't seem to like giving it to you. It's weird because most people would be happy to pay for it, they could sell it to the public and make a fortune.. again lol

It depends on who you get. The person I spoke to was very happy to give me a copy, although she didn't know that it was possible. I told her that it was UN-officially possible, explaining all the hows and whys. She went off, presumably spoke to someone and came back with a code that she was very happy to give me. She was really, really lovely - and a Simmer herself :)

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Yes!!! It is my favorite of all 4 Sims games. I've actually gone back to playing it all the time now lol.
  • Louu9xLouu9x Posts: 2 New Member
    is this still possible?
  • Louu9xLouu9x Posts: 2 New Member
    is this still possible? [quote="Louu9x;14709162"]is this still possible? [/quote]
    like, getting it for free if you ask on live chat, I mean
    Louu9x wrote: »
    is this still possible?

Yes, although some fast-talking/perseverence/luck may be required:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows/p1

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had TS2 UC installed on my computer for a while and I love it a lot though I had to add quite a few Mods to fix a few old issues I always had.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    The Sims 2 is def worth it! i'm glad you decided to purchase it. Will always be one of my favorite games.... i had a hard time transferring from sims 2 to 3 at first, so i played 2 for a few more years before starting 3. i love 3 now tho too =)
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Eileen0001Eileen0001 Posts: 67 Member
    Always! Sims 2 is my all time favourite game, and I can't seem to stay away. I currently own TS2-4, but it gets the most of my Simming time.

Only thing is I play with a lot of Mods and CC
    Check out my stories: Cederville Heights (TS2) and The Delios Legacy (TS4)
  • Ashj224Ashj224 Posts: 2 New Member
    For anyone interested, I got a free redeem code for the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection today! Had to talk to a few different EA advisors, but eventually got it XP
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    Yes, there's something about "The Sims 2" that makes it the best Sims game ever.
    The Expansion & Stuff Packs are amazing and it's got features, I'm sure no other Sims game as got.
    Such as that Hobbies feature, Sims can gain hobbies.
    Sport
    Movies
    Games
    etc...

I have to say from the bottom of my heart that "The Sims 2" is the best ever Sims game that EA has ever
    developed & released.

Thanks EA, you're the best.
  • DeloresGebharDeloresGebhar Posts: 1 New Member
    YES! Actually, if you go on the EA website, and go into the live chat, they will sometimes give you the entire collection for free. which happened in my case

right
  • LotjemulderrrLotjemulderrr Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi Guys, for weeks i'm searching the internet off to look for a way downloading the sims 1 or 2 on my macbook. I tried several versions downloaded from the internet which were great, untill I started the game and my macbook said that I had the wrong software. My macbook is running on EL capitain. So someone please help me and tell me there's a way to download one of these games on my macbook with this software because the sims 1 and 2 may have bad graphics.. But the options and activities you can do on this game are so so much more fun then those on the sims 4 and 3, it's like they're building the game off more than on.. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Hi Guys, for weeks i'm searching the internet off to look for a way downloading the sims 1 or 2 on my macbook. I tried several versions downloaded from the internet which were great, untill I started the game and my macbook said that I had the wrong software. My macbook is running on EL capitain. So someone please help me and tell me there's a way to download one of these games on my macbook with this software because the sims 1 and 2 may have bad graphics.. But the options and activities you can do on this game are so so much more fun then those on the sims 4 and 3, it's like they're building the game off more than on.. PLEASE HELP!!!

you have this one ? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sims-2-super-collection/id883782620?mt=12
  • ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    I was about to tell you the same thing lol.. It is worth buying too. I bought the Sims2 Deluxe a long time ago and started buying here and there expansion and stuff packs. Then when I upgraded to Windows 10 my Sims2 refused to run when I used the Sims2 Seasons disc. I contacted EA support and the nice guy sent The Sims2 Ultimate Collection to my Origin for free! I now have ever single expansion and stuff pack because of it :) But yes definitely worth getting it is fun and has a lot of activities you can do in it.
    harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    yes in my opinion it's worth it... Still the best sims game in the series!!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • ToonElectrocrashToonElectrocrash Posts: 101 Member
    The Sims 2 is definitely a good game, and you can get it for free if you politely ask someone on the Live Chat in Origin and you're lucky. Pretty good deal IMO :)

P.S. Live Chats don't work on Chrome (which is the main browser I have), so remember to use Firefox.
    Just posting this to help.
    205304.gif
    Principal Skinner: All right, first academic alert: Wiggum, Ralph.
    Ralph: I won! I won! [walks on stage]
    Skinner: No, no, Ralph, this means you're failing English.
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
    My Origin ID: ToonElectrocrash
    *Main browser I use
    205304.gif
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    Glad you're among us @Karenn , I don't get the full collection but the game worths and is amazing even to play forever.It's better than the sims 4 I promise.
    I am a ts2 and ts3 player.I never whim or complain about both except for crashes lol.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    edited September 2016
    trying to contact EA regarding this and nothing working.
  • PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Hekete wrote: »

Keep being persistent, make sure you have a case of a ep, sp, or game you've purchased before (although, some have gotten away without having any of that), throw in some, "It's not fair that other people still get the UC and I'm left out. I'm such a huge faaaaan." (that worked for me the second time), and never give up!
    2750512.gif~c200

• HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »

Keep being persistent, make sure you have a case of a ep, sp, or game you've purchased before (although, some have gotten away without having any of that), throw in some, "It's not fair that other people still get the UC and I'm left out. I'm such a huge faaaaan." (that worked for me the second time), and never give up!

oh okie
    edited September 2016
    PandaORose wrote: »

I know I succeeded in this by showing/saying that I have a copy of The Sims 2 Pets for PS2... as well as Castaway PS2, and The Sims 2 Pets for DS (although all I really did was I took a picture of the PS2 games, but not the DS one) :D

Pretty awesome too, since I wasn't really here for the "I LOVE THE SIMS" (thats what I think the code actually was) code offer thing
    205304.gif