Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh now i gett it. That's whats been bothering Farrah. Great update! Tge way you wrote it is amazing. *hugs Farrah*

It's part of the problem indeed! Thank you so much! Farrah would hug back ;)
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Beautifully written. Depression is a difficult, sensitive topic to write about (at least for me) and you handled it really great.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    This was really beautifully written. Farrah is such a deep soul.
    Beautifully written. Depression is a difficult, sensitive topic to write about (at least for me) and you handled it really great.

Thank you so much! And thank you again, you really shower me with compliments :blush:
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    This was really beautifully written. Farrah is such a deep soul.

Thank you! I like to think of her that way :)
    3.31 Sparkling

25-7-16_19-09-43.png

"Shhh, there's she coming!" Sophia pushed Troian against her shoulder as she watched Farrah approach the couch they had taken place on in the small dress-store. It was new and empty, but Farrah hadn't felt the need for a designer dress. It was a dress she would wear one time, no more no less. It shouldn't cost too much anyway.
    And now she was parading, bare feet in a snow white dress. "Twirl honey." Another girl said as she walked past her, receiving a shy smile back.

25-7-16_19-10-55.png

"Well...?" Farrah said insecure, softly lulling left to right. "Well I don't think this is the one." Troian said bluntly. "Troian!" Sophia scolded. "You look lovely, hon!" She added, Tatum looked at her sceptically. "I think Troi's right, mom." And elbow hit her side hard, making Farrah giggle. "Look at her! Does she look like she's sparkling?" Sophia stared at her daughter for a good minute. "Are you sparkling?" She asked, at which Farrah shook her head. "Then you should change dresses."

25-7-16_19-15-49.png

As Farrah left the dressing room once again, her entourage fell silent. "Troian, honey. This was your pick, right?" Troian nodded proudly. "Yes, isn't it a fierce dress?" On the other side of the couch Tatum was shaking her head in disagreement, at which Troian made a disapproving sound. "Like you know anything about it." She murmured. Meanwhile Farrah stroke the dress. "Far, sweetie. What do you think?"

25-7-16_19-14-16.png

"Well, it is a beautiful dress." Farrah agreed as she touched the fabric. Troian straightened her back. "Told you so."

"But I'm not so sure it's me..." Troian arched an eyebrow. "I'm not as vampy as you, Troi!" She defended, clenching her arms around her chest. "Don't push the girl, Troi." Tatum teased. "She's not sparkling!" Sophia threw her arms in the air. "Go find a dress you'll sparkle in!"

25-7-16_19-16-53.png

As Farrah entered in yet another dress, Sophia smiled. "Well, you are sparkling." She noticed, making her sisters turn their heads. "Or.. At least the dress is." Farrah shifted weight from foot to foot. "I look fat in this dress." She whined. Tatum shook her head. "You can't look fat if you aren't fat." She disagreed. "Well, you shouldn't wear a dress you feel uncomfortable wearing." Sophia said, softly pinching Troian. "I didn't even say anything!" She protested.

25-7-16_19-11-43.png

"Okay, this has been way to serious for too long. Farrah, come with me." Tatum said as she got out of her seat. "What?" She stammered. "I already tried your dress, ivory is not my colour." But Tatum said nothing, the only hint she gave was a mischievous smile.

25-7-16_19-25-44.png

"Oh god." Sophia laughed as Farrah approached her and Troian waddling in what looked like a dress from the 18th century. "I found my dress!" Farrah joked, as she twirled. "Tatum! Shame on you!" Troian chuckled. "What! I loveeee this dress!" Farrah teased, modelling it for her family. "Don't you? This is why you shouldn't bring family!" Tatum pushed her shoulder, before pulling her closer. "I support you, Far. Best dress ever."

25-7-16_19-25-27.png

"See, Tate likes it." She said, but keeping a straight face got harder. "I'm go-" But as Tatum started laughing next to her, she couldn't keep it in anymore. "This dress is terrible." She admitted. "I can barely move." Troian threw her hands in the air. "Then put on something you can move in, or at least walk in! Waddling is not your thing." She laughed.

25-7-16_19-14-57.png

One feet after another Farrah went back into the store. She was nervous, her sisters had sharp tongues after all. But she really believed this dress was the dress she wanted to get married in. "Don't laugh!" Farrah said, attracting the attention of her female companions. "Farrah." Her mother squealed. "You look stunning." Tatum nodded. "Look at that smile." And as she was told so, Farrah's smile only grew bigger. Troian folded her hands. "It's a bit simple for my taste, but I've never seen you sparkle more." She admitted, standing up. "You're going to be the most beautiful bride."
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Bad @Sterretjeee bad! Teasing us like this with dress shopping and then ending the chapter without showing us?! That's torture.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Bad @Sterretjeee bad! Teasing us like this with dress shopping and then ending the chapter without showing us?! That's torture.

I agree. That's unfair!!!!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »

I second this (or third this, I guess :D )
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    The marriage is closer and closer each chapter. :blush:
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member

Yes! You evil evil Sterretjeee! *wines* Show us the dress!!!!!!!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen

I second this (or third this, I guess :D )

Yes! You evil evil Sterretjeee! *wines* Show us the dress!!!!!!!
    @CharmingMaruska @Maladi777 @ThePlumbob @Spottydog714 Awhh come on! What would be the fun in that? :lol:

anaitapeva wrote: »
    The marriage is closer and closer each chapter. :blush:

It is! ;)
    Marialein wrote: »
    Come on what dress? ;)

Something complementing Farrah's character ;)

• VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    NOOOO Show me the dress dag nabbit!!!!
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    NOOOO Show me the dress dag nabbit!!!!

Join the club. @VIRTUALEE
    EkpFDaf.png
    3.32 What is love?

25_7_16_17_51_43.png

"Don't tell me you never had scones before!" Farrah laughed as Mirjam observed the pastry in front of her. "But I haven't!" She muttered. "Well, in that case: Make that a scone." Farrah told the barista. In a matter of time both girls took their plates and sat down.

"So." mirjam laughed. "So." Farrah mimicked. "Have you heard from the publishing company yet, you've been in my mind all week!" Farrah blushed. "Well.." She teased, before raising her pastry from her plate. "Let's toast, because they called today and they loved to have my book publish under their firma." Mirjam clapped in her hands. "That is outstandingly great news!" She said before lifting her own pastry.

25_7_16_17_50_39.png

"You're an official author, Farrah!" She said, softly kicking her under the table. "Yeah, I guess I am." The realisation had yet to kick in. Mirjam squeezed Farrah's hand, making her once again blush. Butterflies filled her stomach. "They actually wanted me..." Speaking the words made the entire thing seem more real. "Of course they want you! I've read your work a ridiculous amount of times by now, and you are only improving Farrah." As Mirjam released her hand again to take another bite, Farrah noticed she had been holding her breath. She had been a sucker for compliments all her life, but somehow Mirjam's compliments left her even more speechless.

25_7_16_13_28_26.png

"Good god, Farrah you're life is really coming together. Two beautiful children, a published author and I heard you and Maxime finally set a date?" The last few words replaces Farrah's swarm of butterflies with what could be compared to bats. "Ye...Yeah." She stammered, unsure what made the thought of her marriage so unappealing. Mirjam, however, was lost in her own world for a minute. "Meanwhile I can't seem to find myself an appropriate girlfriend.. How did-?" But as she looked up to face Farrah, her sentence was left unfinished. "Are you alright, dear? You are awfully pale." Farrah softly patted her cheek, hoping to bring back some colour.

25_7_16_17_50_22.png

"I am fine." She answered, unaware how her facial expression betrayed her true feelings. "Farrah, I thought our friendship was true enough for us to hide no such thing for each other. You're face in not quite in sync with your words." This time Farrah's face turned red for a whole other reason. "I'm sorry." Was all she managed to bring out, before stuffing her face with the dough-roll in front of her. Mirjam softly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her head. "Are you not comfortable telling me?" She asked.

25_7_16_17_55_49.png

"No!" Farrah defended herself, after which she realised she had to tell Mirjam her feelings. "Since the very start of this relationship, I've been so doubtful about every decision concerning us. Maxime and me." She added as clarification. "I was unhappy, I see that now. But I wrote... Rhymed during my pregnancy. And I translated my doubts and insecurities into words rather than emotions. And that helped me. I was ecstatic when Maxime proposed. Everything seemed that much easier." Farrah shook her head. "But as the poems came back up, so came these feelings."

25_7_16_17_56_06.png

"Do you love Maxime?" The words scared Farrah. "But of course!" She answered, shocked that Mirjam would dare to ask such a thing. "But do you love him in a romantic way?" Farrah blinked a few times, like a deer staring into the headlights of a car. "I've been 'romantic' with Maxime a thousand times." As she spoke the colour leaked back into her face. "But have you been in love romantic?" At that question she knew no answer. "I love him." She said. "I do." Mirjam shook her head. "You don't understand me." She whispered. "How do you love him?"

25_7_16_17_55_34.png

Farrah smiled painfully. "You're right, I don't understand you." She agreed. "I love him, I love Maxime. Love. That's what matters, right?" Mirjam softly chuckled. "Farrah, do you love him like you love your mother?" Farrah laughed at the weird question. "Well, I love him and I love my mother." She softly gazed at the ceiling. "You're asking weird questions." Mirjam shook her head, a soft smile on her face. "Just... Think about what I said, okay?"
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Yes Mirjam, point out all the flaws in their relationship so they'll break up >:) *evil laughing*
    To be fair, I've never been sold on Farrah loving Maxime, romantically or otherwise. She just seems to... tolerate his presence. She seems to like him well enough, sure, but not necessarily more than you'd like a nice coworker or a pleasant barista at your favourite cafe.
    So that's why I never shipped Farrah and Maxime.

And don't think I didn't notice Mirjam is Lesbian (I hope that doesn't get sensored.) I have my theories proven now. XD

Cuedos to you, Sterretjeee. You, while convincing us that Farrah is happy getting married to a nice guy, have also convinced us she doesn't romantically love Maxime. Takes some skill, that.
    EkpFDaf.png
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Yes, that's what I always missed between Farrah and Maxime. Love. Fire. And this chapter is an answer to my all questions. It's obvious that something is going between Farrah and Mirjam. It's hard to say what Mirjam feels and thinks, but Farrah has an attraction to her if even she doesn't realise it yet. Mirjam is right, Farrah should face her own feelings, I think she tries to run away from herself.
    Farrah can't hide forever her (lack of?) love feelings for Maxime. It is a stable, quiet relationship. But it's not full. Maxime seems to really love her, what makes it even more tragic. :'(B)>:)
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Yes Mirjam, point out all the flaws in their relationship so they'll break up >:) *evil laughing*

Hahaha! :lol:
    To be fair, I've never been sold on Farrah loving Maxime, romantically or otherwise. She just seems to... tolerate his presence. She seems to like him well enough, sure, but not necessarily more than you'd like a nice coworker or a pleasant barista at your favourite cafe.

Yeah, they sure have a weird relationship! She does genuinely care for him though! If she didn't he wouldn't be the father of her children. Just how she cares for him is something she might've gotten mixed up along the way!
    So that's why I never shipped Farrah and Maxime.

And don't think I didn't notice Mirjam is Lesbian (I hope that doesn't get sensored.) I have my theories proven now. XD

Cuedos to you, Sterretjeee. You, while convincing us that Farrah is happy getting married to a nice guy, have also convinced us she doesn't romantically love Maxime. Takes some skill, that.

Thank you for the compliment! I found writing this so hard! And was afraid it would be misunderstood, but I'm glad to hear you caught on Farrah's situation.

As for your theory, I will neither deny nor confirm anything. But yes, Mirjam's looking for a girlfriend :lol:
    Yes, that's what I always missed between Farrah and Maxime. Love. Fire. And this chapter is an answer to my all questions. It's obvious that something is going between Farrah and Mirjam. It's hard to say what Mirjam feels and thinks, but Farrah has an attraction to her if even she doesn't realise it yet. Mirjam is right, Farrah should face her own feelings, I think she tries to run away from herself.

I'm so glad this chapter got to clear things up! I was afraid some people might drop because of all the confusion! Mirjam and Farrah definitely have a bond, but if it's the kind that you would call attraction might be a tad bit to far. Or maybe not. :smirk:
    However it certainly come back!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Farrah can't hide forever her (lack of?) love feelings for Maxime. It is a stable, quiet relationship. But it's not full. Maxime seems to really love her, what makes it even more tragic. :'(B)>:)

Yes! Poor Maxime! He is my babe, with his handsome little face! But, that this conversation brought up Farrah's true feelings to her, doesn't mean it brought them up to us. Maybe she does sincerely love him! Only time will tell ;)
    3.33 Like I am supposed to

28_7_16_15_46_12.png

Farrah observed herself in the bathroom mirror. Her pale skin was given a vibrant pink colour, but she couldn't help but feel like the blood was drained out of her face. Stroking a lock behind her ear she sighed, ever since Mirjam confronted her about 'love' and what the word exactly meant Farrah's nights had been sleepless and her days filled with worries. Had her love for Maxime been platonic?

She shook her head once again, clutching her long styled hair. Thoughts like this were ruining her and nothing felt sure anymore. Why would she agree to marry a person she didn't love, their past had to count for something.

28_7_16_15_48_35.png

"Honey, you look beautiful." Sophia sighed as Farrah left her bathroom. Her gaze started at her toes and traced the floor-length dress all the way up to her furrowed expression. "Is everything okay?" She asked as her face filled with sorrow. She wasn't blind and had seen the bags under her daughters eyes, the anxiousness that sometimes seemed to drown her. Anxiousness she hadn't seen since the pregnancy of her grandchildren. Farrah straightened her shoulders and coughed to hide the sob in her voice.

28_7_16_15_50_07.png

As Sophia stood up to face Farrah a cracked voice broke the silence:" Any last motherly advice?" She was shocked by the fragility of her own words, but her mother took her shoulders, giving them a soft squeeze. "You are not supposed to do anything, Farrah." The way Sophia put the emphasis on 'supposed' made Farrah tear up. "A marriage is a choice between two people, two. Not because of expectations of the outside world. Not because of the expectations of one of them. But because of a decision they made out of love." Farrah swallowed back a tear as she squeezed her eyes. "But what if you made a promise you can't keep?" Two motherly arms pulled her close, she felt Sophia's manicured fingers play with her locks. "Then it's not your decision anymore."

28_7_16_16_01_12.png

"Farrah..." Maxime's voice broke the silence as she appeared at their venue. "It's bad luck seeing the bride before the wedding." He remarked, smirking as he admired her simple yet elegant dress. "But you look beautiful." It wasn't until her voice broke the peace that he noticed her pained smile. "Well I am not one to break traditions." Foot for foot she came closer, walking down the aisle like she was supposed to do later this day. "But this couldn't wait." One tear streamed down her face, followed by another."

28_7_16_16_04_34.png

And as she finally reached her destination she wiped them away. "I can't marry you." She sobbed, pained by Maxime's changing expression. "You... Can't?" He asked, his face buried with emotions. Pain, denial and anger being just some of them. "No.." She answered, fiddling with her hands, if she was just a tad bit more of a woman she would've gathered the courage to look him in the eye. But Farrah rather felt like a girl, and her eyes were plastered at her golden toes. "I am so sorry." She apologized.

28_7_16_16_05_43.png

"We don't have to do this." Maxime stuttered. "I mean not now! Not today! We can postpone!" A small nervous laugh escaped his mouth, but Farrah shook her head. "I can't marry you ever, Maxime." She cried in despair. His face fell even further, clenching his fist and biting his lip he asked:"But why not?" It was a question she dreaded, the one that would follow her for the rest of her life. A question of which she wondered why she had never asked it before. "Maxime, I can't marry you..." She sighed, wiping away one of the many tears that tried to find their way down her cheekbones to the tip of her chin.

28_7_16_16_06_02.png

"I can't marry you, because I don't think I love you like I am supposed to." The way Maxime took a step back and looked at her as if she was a stranger broke her heart, but she was aware that she wouldn't have it half as bad as he did. "And marrying, it wouldn't be fair to either of us." She concluded, finally finding the courage to actually make eye contact rather than studying his expressions muscle by muscle.

The silence that followed felt like she was made of glass, as if any word he would say make her shatter into a thousand pieces. While tears streamed down her cheeks, Farrah wouldn't move a bit. They were silent sobs.

28_7_16_16_10_59.png

And then she felt his arms pull her close, his tears wetting her shoulders. Maxime clung onto her like he was holding onto dear life. But the words he spoke didn't break her, and the smile she felt against her hair filled her with warmth. "All I want you to be is happy." His voice was cracked and hushed, but it also was familiar. "And if that is not with me, there is nothing I can do about it." And Farrah latched back, holding his broad shoulders as he sobbed into hers. "I just want you to be happy." He cried, and it was at that moment she realised that he hadn't been as unaware of her situation as she thought. How else would one cope with a heartbreak like this exact one?
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    So sad... :( I feel sorry for Maxime :( And he still wishes her to be happy when other would get mad and will run away... He really loves her. I don't know what I would do in such situation. It's just too hard and too much pain :(
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Wahhahaha :'( you make me nearly cry. But it has to be better this way. It has to. Please @Sterretjeee find Maxime a nice girl and let him make some more beautiful babies. Same for Farrah of course but that should be obvious ;)
    I wanted to comment, but not much else to say than good luck to both of them. I hope they manage to keep being friends, even if it takes some time.