Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coming back to the sims 3

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I've returned to TS3 too. Having such a blast. I've always loved TS3 best and really don't know why I stopped playing it for so long. I've got my sim in Moonlight Falls currently and although he will always be my 'main' sim I am enjoying playing rotationally around the pre-mades. There is just so much to do, admittedly I have all the expansions installed but I actually have made a list of what I want to do next as I keep getting distracted by everything! lol
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I've returned to TS3 too. Having such a blast. I've always loved TS3 best and really don't know why I stopped playing it for so long. I've got my sim in Moonlight Falls currently and although he will always be my 'main' sim I am enjoying playing rotationally around the pre-mades. There is just so much to do, admittedly I have all the expansions installed but I actually have made a list of what I want to do next as I keep getting distracted by everything! lol

I'm glad and surprised to see you back.

I'm still trying to do new things too but I am starting to stress that I'll probably never achieve that as I keep finding more new things I haven't tried or thought of before.

So welcome back to the challenge of doing it all in Sims 3.
    Thanks @Karritz I don't know if I'll ever get everything completed/done in TS3 either! But I'm sure gonna have a lot of fun trying. :grin:

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    :D There is too much to do with The Sims 3, I never played with mermaids until a few days ago. I need to explore a few worlds and discover all the secrets of China, Egypt, France, and Isla Paradiso. The expansion into the future has a lot of mysteries too. I love this game because there is always something interesting to do.
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,026 Member
    :D There is too much to do with The Sims 3, I never played with mermaids until a few days ago. I need to explore a few worlds and discover all the secrets of China, Egypt, France, and Isla Paradiso. The expansion into the future has a lot of mysteries too. I love this game because there is always something interesting to do.

Ditto! I agree the game playing possibilities are endless in the sims 3. I own almost everything for this series of the sims game and have hardly tapped into it. Building in that game is taking up all my playtime when I load the game. There's just way too much to do in the sims 3,it's lovely! :)

MiataPlay wrote: »

Ditto! I agree the game playing possibilities are endless in the sims 3. I own almost everything for this series of the sims game and have hardly tapped into it. Building in that game is taking up all my playtime when I load the game. There's just way too much to do in the sims 3,it's lovely! :)

Agreed! I will say this, playing TS4 for a while has made me appreciate TS3 so much more. I'm back to planning and thinking about what I am going to next with my sims as I go about my day and really looking forward to playing.

• KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I have almost completed my "Do It All" challenge, but I've been working on that off and on for 3.5 years now. Started in May 2013.
    I think it will take me four years to complete, and I play a lot. So there should be plenty for everyone still to do...

For this challenge I've listed all careers and professions, all lifetime wishes, all types of death, all lifetime rewards, all supernatural beings and that can be played. I also made a list of things to do like breed animals, make a video with the GEN camera and play it on my Sims' tv, try out all the different boarding schools, every after school activity, etc. I just cross off what I've done.

I have to say, though, it would have been faster if I hadn't abandoned the project a few times - I sometimes just like to play sandbox, without all these goals...
  • candybar1207candybar1207 Posts: 1 New Member
    Me too, I'm so fed up of the Sims 4 at the moment :/ . Things are not moving quick enough lol. Enjoy :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Me too, I'm so fed up of the Sims 4 at the moment :/ . Things are not moving quick enough lol. Enjoy :)

Welcome back to The Sims 3 and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Wow my thread has moved on! Lol Sorry I kind of disappeared, I was getting married in RL!

I am enjoying being back playing TS3. I admit I do miss TS4 CAs and build mode, but I miss those when I play the sims 1 and 2.

I have set my sim up in Twinbrook. My husband and I have two gaming PCs and so far everything is running smoothly.
    Will need to download the necessary mods!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well congratulations :smiley: Hope you had a beautiful day.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Well congratulations :smiley: Hope you had a beautiful day.

Thank you!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Goldbear86 Congratulations on getting married :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    @Goldbear86 Congratulations! Wish you both a happy life together.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Goldbear86 Congrats!! Does your husband sim? Mine doesn't, but he will offer advice, help me decide on names and always tells me my builds are beautiful. :) We play other games together, currently Skyrim on Xbox live.
    Thank you for all your kind words!
    @bekkasan My husband (that still looks strange a week later!) doesn't sim but he installed the sims one on my pc, he quite likes my sim stories and laughs at the silly things when he sees the game. He let me install all my sim games on his PC when mine was being fixed. Even he knows about the upset of the lack of a certain life stage and he thinks it's bizarre! He is a big Gamer and we play lots of games together.

I love Skyrim too!

Earlier in the thread, someone said not to play with Bridgeport, is it really buggy or something?
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Earlier in the thread, someone said not to play with Bridgeport, is it really buggy or something?

I think it can be difficult but if you have some of the NRAAS mods it should be OK. I don't play there much as I prefer farming type games. I think Sims get stuck in lifts and can cause lag but the mods would solve that problem by resetting stuck Sims before they affect the game.
    Karritz wrote: »

I think it can be difficult but if you have some of the NRAAS mods it should be OK. I don't play there much as I prefer farming type games. I think Sims get stuck in lifts and can cause lag but the mods would solve that problem by resetting stuck Sims before they affect the game.

Thanks! I haven't started a game there yet, haven't added any of the mods to solve lag as so far the game has been running good.

• baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    @Goldbear86 Routing issues (stuck sims on certain areas),stuck sims in elevators,too many bars and clubs spawning Npc,too many taxis,diner and eiscream trucs,boat routing issues,show time performers all are the cause of the lag in this world.If you install Ellacharmed fixed world and have Overwatch,Register;Error trap,Traffic and Go Here for the boat traffic ,you can eliminate the severe lag in this world.
    baturhulya wrote: »
    @Goldbear86 Routing issues (stuck sims on certain areas),stuck sims in elevators,too many bars and clubs spawning Npc,too many taxis,diner and eiscream trucs,boat routing issues,show time performers all are the cause of the lag in this world.If you install Ellacharmed fixed world and have Overwatch,Register;Error trap,Traffic and Go Here for the boat traffic ,you can eliminate the severe lag in this world.

Thank you for the info! But wow so many mods for one world!
    @Goldbear86 congratulations on your wedding! How wonderful for you both! :)

But they help in all the worlds. You'll end up eating more when you've played a while.
    Karritz wrote: »

But they help in all the worlds. You'll end up eating more when you've played a while.

I agree. I'm going to mod it today. :)

• EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016
    Overwatch,Register;Error trap,Traffic

These mods are like "medicine" for TS3 and its savegames. Playing without them would be like a nightmare for me. Even if your game has no problems with most of the worlds, the mods could make your game run even smoother. I was surprised how many fps I got after installing them. :smile:
    QNWOqEZ.jpg