Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that frustrate you on Sims?

What are some things on the Sims games that frustrate you? Some things sims do, something the game itself does, a townie, a household? Anything? Comment here! I wanna read some things and see if I can relate!

Comments

• EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    When my sims decide to just walk in circles and put their plate down on the floor, when I told them to wash it, and when the monster under the bed comes. One kid runs to get mom, one to a teenager, and one to wake up the whole house. The kids all freak out on the stairs, while mom and the teenager stare blankly at each other.
  • marshaline6marshaline6 Posts: 576 Member
    When my sims decide to just walk in circles and put their plate down on the floor, when I told them to wash it, and when the monster under the bed comes. One kid runs to get mom, one to a teenager, and one to wake up the whole house. The kids all freak out on the stairs, while mom and the teenager stare blankly at each other.

I can't stand when the kid sees monsters under the bed then wakes everyone up and doesn't sleep for a few hours. Like, you have school tomorrow, I tried making you sleep, don't complain to me when you're exhausted an hour before your bus shows up!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Sims playing musical chairs during conversation.
  • Rena18Rena18 Posts: 231 Member
    You can't fast forward very long before they just stand there and you end up wasting time. So you have to sit there in real time watching them doing boring tasks. I miss how in sims 2 (I've only played 2&4), the fast forward buttons were actually useful.
    WJ0QpjS.jpg

• dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Sims sitting down every time they have a conversation near chairs, I can't take good screenshots like that. :'(
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Mine is when the time portal decides to appear on a community lot because the active family's lot was too small for it.I really wished I could stop it until I switched to another family on a larger lot.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • marshaline6marshaline6 Posts: 576 Member
    bumping!
  • Cait_lynCait_lyn Posts: 71 Member
    When one sim puts a toddler in a highchair and goes to put leftovers in the food processor and another sim comes along and give the toddler a bottle or baby food before I can stop them. Then you have mushed up leftovers that you can't save for later or give to another toddler so your sim cleans it up and gets a "wasted food" moodlet.
    Zooming to the time portal or the university mascot from the other side of town. That's so unnecessary.
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    Not having a built in sim editor in game without cheats or mods :( **The Sims3** they really need to add that in***)
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    It's rant time! :D

-The whole monster under the bed thing. It's a good idea in theory, but not every night unless they have the light!
    -The emotional deaths. I've never seen someone in real life die from being angry!
    - babies magically turn into kids and jump out o the crib
    - The fact that if your sim is cooking for the first time and if you don't have a state-of-the-art stove, you're going to have a fire. My personal stove isn't anything special, but I started making grilled cheese and eggs on it around the age of 10, and didn't started a fire!
    That's just a few off the top of my head :D
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Gatecrashers at my parties! I don't mind if it's another Sim that my Sims know but sometimes, random strangers turn up. It happened last night; some creepy random generated townie crashed my toddler's birthday party! I was so narked, I went into cheats and literally deleted him. Muhahahahahahahahahahahah!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited September 2016
    I've got two more things that annoy me in the game.
    The first is how I hate getting auomated role assignments like waiters forced on every food replicator on a community lot.
    The other is how new children and kids moved into town are automatically enrolled in schools unlike in real life and toddlers who age into children are assigned to school right away instead of you having to send the parents to enroll the child for the coming fall.It also annoys me that I can;t have them transfer to a new school location if the family moved and no longer lived near the old school.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • YumayoYumayo Posts: 86 Member
    When my sims are just standing there like robots. For example when they're chatting, after the action they might just stand there. I tried to cancel the action and there it shows action cancelled but it doesn;t disappear
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    Yumayo wrote: »
    When my sims are just standing there like robots. For example when they're chatting, after the action they might just stand there. I tried to cancel the action and there it shows action cancelled but it doesn;t disappear

thats lag :) happens to me all the time :) most of the time it clears up on its own after a minute
  • BuzzLightyearBuzzLightyear Posts: 1,029 Member
    when you have staff working for you and they do nothing, just stand outside the building then complain they are tired.
    when your sim is sad and it takes forever for them to be happy agen.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    NPC's coming over to disrupt your sim by chatting up your sim when you are trying to get your sim to accomplish something.
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    In Sims 4 the thing that annoys me most is the constant clipping.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif