Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Price Permanently Reduced to $39.99!

Comments

  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    As it should've been. Add another 50%+ discount to it like how it's always been in the market reductive.gif
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    *Sigh* Threads like these can never be posted without certain people always trying to come in and "school" everyone.
    ebuchala wrote: »
    This thread:

    OP: The price of the game dropped for those who don't have it. Woohoo!

    The rest of the thread:
    TS3 sold better.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did....

    Took the words right out of my mouth. I was certainly expecting different conversations but was surprised to see this thread is the equivalent of a grade school argument. No one wins but they have to keep going. :unamused:

    I really have to agree with you. Everyone's so concerned with being "right" or with getting the last word in that it's pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @ENolan wrote: »
    *Sigh* Threads like these can never be posted without certain people always trying to come in and "school" everyone.
    ebuchala wrote: »
    This thread:

    OP: The price of the game dropped for those who don't have it. Woohoo!

    The rest of the thread:
    TS3 sold better.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did....

    Took the words right out of my mouth. I was certainly expecting different conversations but was surprised to see this thread is the equivalent of a grade school argument. No one wins but they have to keep going. :unamused:
    @ebuchala wrote: »
    This thread:

    OP: The price of the game dropped for those who don't have it. Woohoo!

    The rest of the thread:
    TS3 sold better.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did....

    I never said the Sims 4 sold better, I said the Sims 3 had a price reduction first.

    I never said that being reduced first means it has anything to do with sales.

    People make it seem like a bad thing for 4, when if it does mean it's a bad thing, why did 3 get reduced after 15 months? When it was apparently selling well?

    Case in point; you can't say it's a "bad thing" when it was considered a good thing for the previous game.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ENolan wrote: »
    *Sigh* Threads like these can never be posted without certain people always trying to come in and "school" everyone.
    ebuchala wrote: »
    This thread:

    OP: The price of the game dropped for those who don't have it. Woohoo!

    The rest of the thread:
    TS3 sold better.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did....

    Took the words right out of my mouth. I was certainly expecting different conversations but was surprised to see this thread is the equivalent of a grade school argument. No one wins but they have to keep going. :unamused:
    @ebuchala wrote: »
    This thread:

    OP: The price of the game dropped for those who don't have it. Woohoo!

    The rest of the thread:
    TS3 sold better.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did....

    I never said the Sims 4 sold better, I said the Sims 3 had a price reduction first.

    I never said that being reduced first means it has anything to do with sales.

    People make it seem like a bad thing for 4, when if it does mean it's a bad thing, why did 3 get reduced after 15 months? When it was apparently selling well?

    Case in point; you can't say it's a "bad thing" when it was considered a good thing for the previous game.

    I know you didn't mean to include me, but do me the courtesy of leaving me out of this do-nothing conversation. Not a single post here has actually focused on the actual good this news is and the good intentions the OP wanted to convey so I'm not interested in hearing any back pedaling from either side of this rinse and repeat meandering you can see in pretty much any thread on this forum.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Lol, sure didn't happen with TS3 at two years.

    You're right!

    It happened at 15 months! :open_mouth:

    The Sims 3 Deluxe was released at $49.95, and the Standard was (you guessed it!) $39.95!

    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sims-3-Deluxe-Edition-Announced-26591.html

    The Sims 4 lasted an extra 9 months at full retail price.

    And there's no bundle where you can get an Expansion for $10 either.

    Go Sims 4! :lol:

    (I bet this isn't what you had in mind when you posted).

    You're wrong! It happened after 5 years of launch for The Sims 3. I am truly sorry I just crushed your bubble of trying to make The Sims 4 a paradise D:


    (Bet you didn't expect to see this when you posted your comment)

    You failed to crush anything, as per.

    SimVIP is wrong. I literally provided you with a Source.

    And you failed to give me proof of why SimsVIP is wrong

    Last time I checked we were talking about base games, not bundles.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    Mendota wrote: »
    I really don't understand the animosity of many of you. If Sims 4 isn't for you fine. If Sims 3 is the best thing ever, then play Sims 3. The fact that many of you continue to bash Sims 4 actually says how bad Sims 3 is. As Shakespeare said "Thou doth protest too much". I didn't care for Sims 3, but I didn't feel bitter about it. I didn't go to the Sims 3 forums and write long diatribes against it. It didn't matter because I kept playing Sims 2. And because there was nothing wrong with Sims 2, I wasn't upset about it.

    People getting this upset over not getting what they wanted in Sims 4, says it all about how they are also not getting what they want in Sims 3. And it is always the same people over and over doing this. Don't you ever get tired of beating this dead horse? It has been two years.

    You said it! Been 2 years of us complaining and they still don't listen, so what do we do? Complain more!

    Also you can't compare The Sims 3 to The Sims 4, one is a simulation game and the other is a chores, happy-land game disguised as a simulation game.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    ENolan wrote: »
    *Sigh* Threads like these can never be posted without certain people always trying to come in and "school" everyone.
    ebuchala wrote: »
    This thread:

    OP: The price of the game dropped for those who don't have it. Woohoo!

    The rest of the thread:
    TS3 sold better.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did....

    Took the words right out of my mouth. I was certainly expecting different conversations but was surprised to see this thread is the equivalent of a grade school argument. No one wins but they have to keep going. :unamused:

    I shall never give up! Thou shall defend The Sims 4 will go down :smirk:

    Jk :P
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    This thread:

    OP: The price of the game dropped for those who don't have it. Woohoo!

    The rest of the thread:
    TS3 sold better.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did.
    No it didn't.
    Yes it did....

    I´m confused ...
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sims 4 is still overpriced for what the base game offers compared to past base games. Still wait for those 50%-80% off sales.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Lol, sure didn't happen with TS3 at two years.

    You're right!

    It happened at 15 months! :open_mouth:

    The Sims 3 Deluxe was released at $49.95, and the Standard was (you guessed it!) $39.95!

    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sims-3-Deluxe-Edition-Announced-26591.html

    The Sims 4 lasted an extra 9 months at full retail price.

    And there's no bundle where you can get an Expansion for $10 either.

    Go Sims 4! :lol:

    (I bet this isn't what you had in mind when you posted).

    You're wrong! It happened after 5 years of launch for The Sims 3. I am truly sorry I just crushed your bubble of trying to make The Sims 4 a paradise D:


    (Bet you didn't expect to see this when you posted your comment)

    You failed to crush anything, as per.

    SimVIP is wrong. I literally provided you with a Source.

    And you failed to give me proof of why SimsVIP is wrong

    Last time I checked we were talking about base games, not bundles.

    You don't get it, do you?

    The Sims 3 deluxe was released in Sep 2010. Which is when the base game was reduced to $40 instead of $50.
    And the Sims 3 deluxe was $50. Which is when The Sims 3 base game started selling for $40, instead of $50.

    The Sims 4 is being reduced to $40 after 2 years.
    In Sep 2010, when the console games came out, it was reported the Sims 3 was already being sold for $40.

    Post edited by jackjack_k on
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Still kinda high for a demo.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    The community on these forums really has taken a turn for the worse. Why the heck are you guys so hostile?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well that s about right.

    Stuff packs $10
    Gamepacks $20
    Expansions and The Base Game $40

    I'm rounding up.






  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016
    Still not low enough. I don't think the Sims 4 base game is worth more than $20 personally. Even $25 is pushing it which is what I paid. There are a lot of games in the market especially on Steam worth $30 that provide more replay value than the Sims 4 base game does. So hopefully there is another price reduction and more 50% off sales for the Sims 4 and packs in general. It's sad even Steam provides better sales than Origin does still. I do think EPs are over priced too. GPs and SPs are priced fair at least.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    The community on these forums really has taken a turn for the worse. Why the heck are you guys so hostile?

    Because The Sims 4 was released. While generally there has been a this sims game is better then that Sims game since the sims 3 release, The Sims 4 literally split the community apart into a forum brawl where everyone wants to get the first forum punch out of the way. People that love The Sims 4 are hated by earlier game lovers. While generally I will agree people have every right to be upset how The Sims 4 turned out even I originally didn't want to touch the game people should at least express themselves at a mature manner but saying that on the forums is like wishing upon a star.....at a freaking Texaco sign....uhh some people...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    MysticOne wrote: »
    xPaxion wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 is an amazing game.

    I definitely agree. :)

    If it contains violence, war or sports, I really don't like that type of game. I think it tends to breed violence in , especially, young ppl. We already have enough of that. Just my thoughts.

    That could be said for anything. Movies, TV shows, music, and the list goes on.

    I played GTA since I was 7 and from what I remember I haven't killed anyone (unless I had amnesia or something??) and grew up just fine. Games shouldn't affect someone's personality, if so then they need to check themselves with a doctor.

    If they did I'd have to be a murdering, stealing & questing, but also very peace-loving, forthcoming, family-oriented, jumping and running farm girl with ties to the mafia & a well-developed set of magical & alchemy skills. Equipped with a sword & a pink phone cover.

    Hm .. come to think of it, maybe they should affect our personalities more.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited September 2016
    Just saw this article in my newsfeed. What do you guys think?

    http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/42364/20160831/the-sims-5-news-update-latest-news-updates-release-date-plus-the-sims-4-dlc-coming-this-holiday-season.htm

    This guy is quoting something from when the base game was first released, but why is it being brought up now? Kind of odd, I'd say. I'm adding this because the price was permanently changed so this seems like bad times for the franchise.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,082 Member
    For most of the people here, there's no point in reducing the price now; we've already got it!
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Knowing some retail stores, the price won't change at all x'D
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Lol, sure didn't happen with TS3 at two years.

    You're right!

    It happened at 13 months! :open_mouth:

    Source? Keep in mind, a sale =/= lowering the retail value of the product.

    I personally don't recall TS3's retail value lowering after two years. SimsVIP states, although they, too, do not have a source on their recent post, the retail value dropped within February 2014, a whopping 6 years after release. Probably because it sold so well, EA had kept the same retail price for a long time to come.

    The Sims 4, on the other hand, just recently had a huge sale where people could buy it for 20 dollars. That, and the fact it is riding on TS3's, and the rest of the franchise's tail, is why it has continued to sell.

    And do you have sources for this?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Lol, sure didn't happen with TS3 at two years.

    You're right!

    It happened at 13 months! :open_mouth:

    Source? Keep in mind, a sale =/= lowering the retail value of the product.

    I personally don't recall TS3's retail value lowering after two years. SimsVIP states, although they, too, do not have a source on their recent post, the retail value dropped within February 2014, a whopping 6 years after release. Probably because it sold so well, EA had kept the same retail price for a long time to come.

    The Sims 4, on the other hand, just recently had a huge sale where people could buy it for 20 dollars. That, and the fact it is riding on TS3's, and the rest of the franchise's tail, is why it has continued to sell.

    And do you have sources for this?

    The source is Origin. Not exactly 20 but 23-24 (EUR at least). It was on sale for much of June / July, then again recently. Now it's back up to 60 though. However, it's true that it's on sale most of the time, or at the very least half of the time. I always go in hoping they'll reduce some TS3 EPs as well, but no no :D
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Wow... The replies here surprised me! I just wanted to share this because I'm a fan of The Sims 4, and the more people that have it the better, so the price reduction was great news for me. But the replies are so full of salt, hate, and people fighting! I know these forums are toxic and negative, I've tried to quit it 3 times over this! But this is just a new low. Just a congregation of people fighting and being negative over nothing...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @NeonHighways People disagreeing isn't necessarily toxic. Sure, sometimes people may be a bit snippy, but overall they've just got different opinions. I personally find this even extremer on other forums, but people are also a bit less sensitive to it there. But you know, just ignore the comments you experience as being too hateful & engage with the people that you do like. But you'll never find a place anywhere online where people just happily agree about everything, or anywhere really :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Just saw this article in my newsfeed. What do you guys think?

    http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/42364/20160831/the-sims-5-news-update-latest-news-updates-release-date-plus-the-sims-4-dlc-coming-this-holiday-season.htm

    This guy is quoting something from when the base game was first released, but why is it being brought up now? Kind of odd, I'd say. I'm adding this because the price was permanently changed so this seems like bad times for the franchise.

    Hmmm ... I don't really understand the reasoning of this article though. Just wondering how releasing EP3 is prove of TS5?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Wow... The replies here surprised me! I just wanted to share this because I'm a fan of The Sims 4, and the more people that have it the better, so the price reduction was great news for me. But the replies are so full of salt, hate, and people fighting! I know these forums are toxic and negative, I've tried to quit it 3 times over this! But this is just a new low. Just a congregation of people fighting and being negative over nothing...

    Don't leave the forum if you don't want to. If there is someone specific that brings you down you can always use the ignore-function.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top