Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coming back to the sims 3

Comments

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't think we need to understand why they think sims 3 look likes pudding faces or that they have dead looks anymore then they we have to change our opinion to think that they don't. Honestly we present evidence on both sides and no one changes their minds. Maybe we should just accept that people see things completely differently. If they don't like sims 3 that's fine by me. I love coming back to these forums and talking to my sims 3 friends. I just wish they wouldn't move these threads here. But I get that I could just ignore this thread also. :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited August 2016
    My favourite is this one. Both her parents died so I feel sad for her every time I look at it. She's biting her bottom lip a little which is a nice touch.
    Screenshot-34%207.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Odonata68 :o How dare you show sims with actuall expressions showing different forms of real life emotion.Are you some kind of sorceror we all know sims 3 just stand like blank zombies and do nothing. :D Great pics and love that you added the cat too "His look he is giving is fabulous".

Kitty poo we are changing your food from the expensive delicious tuna flavored stuff you like to generic dry food...*Insert your pic here*. :D

@Coco Wanted to comment on her the other day,even though you did not post her here you are going to laugh but her elderly gray haired mom is really hot and I like her better.Dead serious her elder mom has it going on.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ha! :D Thanks @CravenLestat! The funniest thing happened when taking pics of the kitten, I was in Tab mode and I got real close to him and he hissed at me! I haven't seen that before so I don't know if it's something they do randomly. If it was, that was perfect timing. B)
    Great now I have that "Stacy's Mom" song in my head. Thanks :p
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @CravenLestat Charlotte is a total babe so I completely understand where you're coming from. Here is a picture going back 3 years ago. Oh look it's my avatar :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-25%204.jpg
    Screenshot-461.jpg
    Screenshot-318_1.jpg
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Coco - TS3 is one of those games which for some reason seems to not be 'Bound By Rules'. I first installed the game on a Laptop which had the dreaded Intel G95 chipset (integrated graphics) - Game ran fine for hours on end with good graphics although I was told it shouldn't be able to run at all. When it comes to graphics, it does depend on the hardware (and the person). Here's some low setting graphics from my 2007 cardboard, toaster-like potato PC (Three on TV are XBox360 Sims) The Sims didn't look half-bad to me and looked just as fine in game:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66682158@N03/albums/72157647421058421
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Coco Post that pic you posted the other day of her old and gray so people do not think I am a weirdo. :D She was really pretty even elderly.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I ran my game on integrated graphics until Seasons was released and then it ground to a halt. Used memory was flat lining as it was using all RAM my computer had at the time just to sit there doing nothing.

I upgraded that computer to a dedicated card and increased the RAM and got a new motherboard and power supply.

Apparently doing it that way was a bit cheaper than getting a totally new computer at the time. It was a relatively new computer so I suppose that may have been correct.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @CravenLestat I updated my post just for you :tongue: I also added one of her sisters that I'm really fond of too.
    @mw1525 Your pictures look nice and normal to me! I guess we're lucky that the game runs as well as it does.
  • Options
    @Karritz - It was update 1.42 (Seasons) which pushed my PC over the edge as well.
  • Options
    @Coco - Thank you. I still do not see what people see when they call these Sims lifeless, robotic or expressionless; I guess I never will.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Epochism wrote: »
    @CravenLestat, ok I guess I used the wrong wording. Not all sims are pudding, but they all look dead inside. XD

They don't have expression, they always stand the same way (leaning on thier one leg) and just don't look--alive....
    Sorry I upset you, I didn't mean to :)

From my own experience, sims who are not as "lively" was caused by having an underpowered computer. Huge difference from sims just standing around often and sims moving around and doing stuff. Sure, sometimes they get routing fails or just stand there being idle which is a part of the programming but tell me which Sims games never experiences that?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15082716#Comment_15082716

==========================
    Screenshot_100.jpg
    Screenshot_307.jpg
    Screenshot_315.jpg
    Screenshot_320.jpg
    Screenshot_422.jpg
    Screenshot_760.jpg
    Screenshot_1848.jpg
    Screenshot_2129.jpg
    Screenshot_2174.jpg
    Screenshot_2187.jpg
    Screenshot_2327.jpg
    Screenshot_2362.jpg
    Screenshot_2369.jpg
    Screenshot_2448.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Deshong04 Great sims! So many expressions. B) I love the girls' face in the 5th pic. Too funny! :D
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    @Odonata68 Thank you. :smiley:
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    coco wrote: »
    I agree @Sindocat. I'm not one to get angry on a forum but all these threads being moved here where someone hates this, doesn't like that, was disappointed in this etc. really bugs me. Of course everyone is free to share their own opinion but it doesn't change anything.

Unfortunately, I am a person who gets angry on forums, as the Community Team at www.swtor.com/community could tell you, if you got them drunk and started asking about some dude called "Uluain" who made a pain of himself over there over their handling of same-sex romance content and attendant discussion. Which is why, point made with minimal snark, I'll be bowing out of this discussion (in any iteration of this thread) from here on out.

But the community team here should know that dumping these threads on us is not coming across well for Sims 3 enthusiasts, who still have store content, EPs and SPs they might just spend money on, if they don't become completely demoralized first.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    coco wrote: »
    I agree @Sindocat. I'm not one to get angry on a forum but all these threads being moved here where someone hates this, doesn't like that, was disappointed in this etc. really bugs me. Of course everyone is free to share their own opinion but it doesn't change anything.

Unfortunately, I am a person who gets angry on forums, as the Community Team at www.swtor.com/community could tell you, if you got them drunk and started asking about some dude called "Uluain" who made a pain of himself over there over their handling of same-sex romance content and attendant discussion. Which is why, point made with minimal snark, I'll be bowing out of this discussion (in any iteration of this thread) from here on out.

But the community team here should know that dumping these threads on us is not coming across well for Sims 3 enthusiasts, who still have store content, EPs and SPs they might just spend money on, if they don't become completely demoralized first.

Honestly i don't know why it got moved here either. As a poster i wanted it in the sims 4 section to show what I wanted to bring from 3 to 4 to improve it. Ultimately my love for sims 3 has been restored however and thanks to a few people on this thread i've used the past few days to work on making my sims 3 sims look better and practising using sliders yay! Its almost tempting to change my title to 'mods moved my post please ignore' because its not meant to bash the sims 3 in any way just my personal feelings on re-entering the game after years of not playing it. My sister still plays it and never bought sims 4 untill i bought it for her as a Christmas present and she still plays 3 more!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    @Coco - Your Avi (elder) looks so upbeat and full of life. I really like her eyes, they have a wise maturity to them. Charlotte (to me) looks like a Sim who has lived and enjoy life! :)
  • Options
    @mw1525 Thanks! She only passed away a few months ago so I miss her. Lol my sims are almost real people to me :wink:
  • Options
    @Coco - Sorry to hear Charlotte has passed on. I agree, Sims do have a certain way of endearing themselves to us.
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    Sims 3 has gameplay. Sims 4 do not. All it has is CAS and for practicing making houses reductive.gif
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I am a huge fan of The Sims 3 an I have a lot of great Sims. Each of them is different and unique... I am tired to see people who have lower specifications writing negative reviews. I understand why they are playing The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @LunaNova I used to be hesitant with the sliders too, but never forget, there is an undo button ! :D It is my lifesaver lol.
    You absolutely do not need custom content of any kind, nor slider mods to make unique and pleasing sims. It is possible with what EA gave you. Like Gaia, I just prefer lots of custom content. Mostly because it's a lot more varied, and often much higher quality than what EA has churned out.
    Like skintones. They are always more detailed, smoother and higher quality than what came with the game.

As for yet another "sims are robotic" and "dead inside" round of nonsense, I wouldn't get upset over it you guys. It's simply something people are parroting from reading or hearing it elsewhere.
    "The Thread" in this section speaks volumes as to otherwise.

As for TS4 it has its share of soulless sims, if you want to call it that ... I once saw the singularly most terrifyingly "dead eyed" sim ever, in the activity feed here. A TS4 sim.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    So the thread wasn't meant to be moved here (changed title). Wouldn't it be a great idea to simply not start those comparison topics over at 4 anymore in the first place? Just play that game and enjoy it for what it is if Sims 3 doesn't interest you anymore.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

So as my title says I'm going back to the Sims 3, Ironically it was playing the sims 1 last night that has prompted me to give the game another chance. I have all EPs and stuff packs but there's lot of it I haven't played with/used yet. My game normally runs ok, is there any essential mods I need to prevent lag? I don't use CC.

I'm feeling quite excited. If I'm honest I'm a little bored with the sims 4. I will go back to it eventually but I'm wanting to give TS3 another shot as it's the only sims game that I don't give a lot of attention to.

If you haven't restarted yet, I would recommend not doing everything at once. Just install the base game, and 1 EP & 1 SP. Explore the options in those for a couple of game weeks, then add 1 more EP & SP, and explore those etc. If you just jump into everything at once, you miss a lot of things.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    bklienhart wrote: »
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

So as my title says I'm going back to the Sims 3, Ironically it was playing the sims 1 last night that has prompted me to give the game another chance. I have all EPs and stuff packs but there's lot of it I haven't played with/used yet. My game normally runs ok, is there any essential mods I need to prevent lag? I don't use CC.

I'm feeling quite excited. If I'm honest I'm a little bored with the sims 4. I will go back to it eventually but I'm wanting to give TS3 another shot as it's the only sims game that I don't give a lot of attention to.

If you haven't restarted yet, I would recommend not doing everything at once. Just install the base game, and 1 EP & 1 SP. Explore the options in those for a couple of game weeks, then add 1 more EP & SP, and explore those etc. If you just jump into everything at once, you miss a lot of things.

Hi, good advice. I have been playing regularly since my last post. When I started I didn't install Into the future and University right away as those two were the ones I was least familiar with when they first released. But I have them all now. :-)