Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Game Packs the new EPs?

I know that we are way behind on EPs if we were to use the release standards set by the former Sims games but it seems to me that the Game Packs are fulfilling the role that the EPs did in the past. Just look at The Spa release and most lately, Dine Out. Dine Out, in particular, is a very complex and well designed expansion that offers numerous new play options. Just creating and operating your own restaurant is a whole new game in and of itself. I think Dine Out is one of the greatest additions to the Sims, ever to come across. What do you think about the Game Pack development and the role it is filling in The Sims 4?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    No SimGuruDrake said EPs are still a thing.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Nope EP'S are still going to come. We just have had more gamepacks and stuff packs lately because they take less to make and make simmers like us happy.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    A possible theme, and name of EP3 was just leaked. So no Game Packs are not the new Expansion Packs. Considering that Expansion Packs are still being made today.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I can understand the confusion, it has been kind of a long wait for EP3 :)
  • saskut0saskut0 Posts: 53 Member
    I think they're more of a filler to try and get us to forget the excessively long wait between expansions.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Yes, same question is back. I have found more features and objects from expansion packs than from game packs, so answer is no.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2016
    No normally expansion packs offer so much more than game packs. Game packs to me are just another way to get new and past themes similar to past packs and the sims store that have more quantity and chaper.

I have not seen any large changes to the game and it's game options and tools you tend to see with expansion pack.

Expansion packs in the past have always had major game changes however in the sims 4 game packs I see mostly just content/venues with much less gameplay and game tools and options.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    EP, Adds 2 tons of stuff to the game.
    GP Adds 1 ton of stuff to the game.
    SP Add a half a ton of stuff to the game.

For an easy analogy as to what packs we have, and are still to come.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Okay, thanks for all the responses. I was starting to think that maybe EA was starting to design Game Packs to fill in for the lack of EPS because, let's face it, compared to the other versions of The Sims games, we are way behind in Expansion Pack releases.
  • xcloseyoureyesxcloseyoureyes Posts: 69 Member
    EP, Adds 2 tons of stuff to the game.
    GP Adds 1 ton of stuff to the game.
    SP Add a half a ton of stuff to the game.

For an easy analogy as to what packs we have, and are still to come.

Lol, this is a great way to look at it.