Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I played the Sims 3 yesterday after a 6 months break. I more or less forced myself to play at first, then it was quite fun :) till the spring came in game and the game started to freez between 5h00 to 5h30 because of all the the crops that spawn fruit at that time. And practically all my sims households have gardens. I might play again this weekend, but it wears out my patience with such issues.

@Tremayne4260 Mac users can use .xnb mods too. Google fishing mod for mac. Just to clarify my last post. I don't have an xbox, I have an xbox 360 controller.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2016
    Good idea, maybe I should hook up my controller as well @simIrrevirre (I heard the dev won't make any changes to the fishing mechanics, so I'll just have to figure it out. And until then, it'll be seaweed or nothing!)

@Tremayne4260 Yeah that's how I got to it actually, funny you mention it :D I was looking at Pirates first and read everywhere that AC Black Flag is pretty similar to that & not really a typical-typical AC game. Which is why I though I might enjoy it, I'll check out some more youtube vids to see more of the game play. I'm guessing you still need to be super stealthy and sneaky though? Having a history of enjoying things like God of War, Darksiders, Dante's Inferno & The Witcher series, I have to admit that I'm not exactly good at being super sneaky. But I'd learn it if the game was otherwise interesting enough :D
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Good idea, maybe I should hook up my controller as well @simIrrevirre (I heard the dev won't make any changes to the fishing mechanics, so I'll just have to figure it out. And until then, it'll be seaweed or nothing!)

@Tremayne4260 Yeah that's how I got to it actually, funny you mention it :D I was looking at Pirates first and read everywhere that AC Black Flag is pretty similar to that & not really a typical-typical AC game. Which is why I though I might enjoy it, I'll check out some more youtube vids to see more of the game play. I'm guessing you still need to be super stealthy and sneaky though? Having a history of enjoying things like God of War, Darksiders, Dante's Inferno & The Witcher series, I have to admit that I'm not exactly good at being super sneaky. But I'd learn it if the game was otherwise interesting enough :D

Yes if you have one, do! Fishing is easy peasy with the controller.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2016
    Well. Not saying this is confirming anything, but the fact that this has just been recently discovered is... interesting. (Press Previous Quote to see what I mean.)
    There’s a toddler texture in the game since january 2015, but recently max20 at Sims4Studio also found a Model that could be for toddlers since it’s bigger and more detailed than the babies Model. Then the awesome inabadromance put them together and it’s a toddler that it looks A LOT like that toddler from the that baby render. So I shared this information on a brazilian sims group I’m part of and the user Nathaly even added the clothes and the hair and yeah it’s the toddler from the render as you can see:

tumblr_inline_ocog8zGBfI1rw7c9g_540.png

So yeah, there’s toddlers files in the game.

- source.

tumblr_inline_ocoghtHkxF1qeerst_540.png

- source.

14cgpom.gif

(Please keep in mind this doesn't confirm anything. But... a step in the right direction, perhaps?)

... interesting.
    Post edited by HIFreeBirdIH on
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH all I could see was the gif lol. Might want to tell people to press previous quotes to see what you mean ;)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well. Not saying this is confirming anything, but the fact that this has just been recently discovered is... interesting. (Press Previous Quote to see what I mean.)
    There’s a toddler texture in the game since january 2015, but recently max20 at Sims4Studio also found a Model that could be for toddlers since it’s bigger and more detailed than the babies Model. Then the awesome inabadromance put them together and it’s a toddler that it looks A LOT like that toddler from the that baby render. So I shared this information on a brazilian sims group I’m part of and the user Nathaly even added the clothes and the hair and yeah it’s the toddler from the render as you can see:

tumblr_inline_ocog8zGBfI1rw7c9g_540.png

So yeah, there’s toddlers files in the game.

- source.

tumblr_inline_ocoghtHkxF1qeerst_540.png

- source.

14cgpom.gif

(Please keep in mind this doesn't confirm anything. But... a step in the right direction, perhaps?)

... interesting.

Good gif, now here is one of my own:

88087d32daf41f3fd8ce30595df85b56d0b54e7b.gif

;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
    @sparkfairy1 and of course everyone in this thread! :smiley: Due to the latest rumors I started a thread in the feedback section the generate as much attention to this topic as possible (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/898370/its-been-two-years-hear-us-out/p1?new=1) In the hope it will make a statement along other moments we had over the past two years about family gameplay. Feel free to join/sign the petition!
    Tumblr username; Renorasims.
    @Willemijn23 Just commented on your thread :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I just want to say....that....toddler.....is......freaking adorable. <3 But the concept makes me sad at the same time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I don't even want to think about it. Nope. Not going to do it. I've been burned so often I have permanent scorch marks on my backside.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I played the Sims 3 yesterday after a 6 months break. I more or less forced myself to play at first, then it was quite fun :) till the spring came in game and the game started to freez between 5h00 to 5h30 because of all the the crops that spawn fruit at that time. And practically all my sims households have gardens. I might play again this weekend, but it wears out my patience with such issues.

@Tremayne4260 Mac users can use .xnb mods too. Google fishing mod for mac. Just to clarify my last post. I don't have an xbox, I have an xbox 360 controller.

Wonderful! :) I'll have to look into those!
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    I don't even want to think about it. Nope. Not going to do it. I've been burned so often I have permanent scorch marks on my backside.

Just a word of warning, there is now a thread with an official statement clarifying the render' as old and therefore not something that is coming in the near future.

It was expected really but at leas they very quickly stepped in to stop the rumour from getting out of hand.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Snap. I've even started avoiding any threads that have the T word in them cos it just makes me sad, and angry, and... *skips over the posts above with eyes shut*

Now, moving on...
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    AC Black Flag is awesome if you love Sid Myer's "Pirates". I wish "Rogue" were ported to the PS4, but it wasn't *sigh*. My husband and I played Black Flag and had a blast (he played the game, I was his spotter/first mate keeping an eye out for stuff).

I bought Stardew Valley over the weekend and played it non stop. I also hate Fishing (he really could revamp that and I'd be happy) and I can't use mods as I'm on a Mac. Also don't have an X-box.

As far as The Sims, didn't play over the weekend as I was doing the above, but I hope to play soon and provide pictures.

So I downloaded (or well, am downloading cause it takes for-eeever) Black Flag right now as apparently I can still get a full refund within 24 hours of first launching the game if I happen to dislike it as much as the previous installments. But there's something intriguing about this game, so I'll play test it tonight. Fingers crossed :)

Just a word of warning, there is now a thread with an official statement clarifying the render' as old and therefore not something that is coming in the near future.

It was expected really but at leas they very quickly stepped in to stop the rumour from getting out of hand.

I'm still a bit confused about why it's in the game though, and why we found it just now. Plus, they have a CAS icon on it for some reason. I don't know, there's still a lot of fishy things around it, but there's something odd about it being in the game for some reason, fully modeled with a tongue for some reason?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    Remember the picture that Maxis gave the CEO of EA when he had a new baby? That is the same toddler used in that picture. Sorry to jump on the rumor train, but it just occurred to me.
  • Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
    @Willemijn23 Just commented on your thread :smile:

Hi @king_of_simcity7 thank you for that! like I said; every little help we can get to hopefully let them read this it much appreciated :blush: !!! Thank you!!! Also @SimTrippy thank you for the help! ;)
    Tumblr username; Renorasims.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm at a point where I will only believe it when I see it in game. We've had too many examples of 'toddlers are going to be next' then to have something completely unrelated actually come out. So I'm not going to pay any attention to it.

@Tremayne4260 that's the statement Maxis made. That they did all of that as their present for their CEO. Still shows its pretty sad that you can't recreate real life families with toddlers because of that gap in potential.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH - Before 'Things Change(d)', I think the Gurus were telling the truth about all of the life-stages being included in TS4. I don't know what technical event happened which brought them to the conclusion to remove the Toddler life-state, I can only imagine that 'space' was needed for some other function to be able to execute.

When you think about it, who better to put that spankin' brand new emotional programming to work than the toddling ones! Grown Sims already know what/how to do things. But for Toddlers, the world is just one big testing field! Maybe interaction animations files for toddlers to interact with Sims and the objects around them was just too large or chewed up too many resources when placed on a multi-scale (more than 1 toddler). Maybe they (somehow) just slowed the game down (technically speaking). Don't know.

Plus, EA/Maxis is a bit lazy when leaving obsolete files in their games! Just think of how many things were discovered (unlocked) in The Sims 3 games!
  • MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @HIFreeBirdIH - Before 'Things Change(d)', I think the Gurus were telling the truth about all of the life-stages being included in TS4. I don't know what technical event happened which brought them to the conclusion to remove the Toddler life-state, I can only imagine that 'space' was needed for some other function to be able to execute.

When you think about it, who better to put that spankin' brand new emotional programming to work than the toddling ones! Grown Sims already know what/how to do things. But for Toddlers, the world is just one big testing field! Maybe interaction animations files for toddlers to interact with Sims and the objects around them was just too large or chewed up too many resources when placed on a multi-scale (more than 1 toddler). Maybe they (somehow) just slowed the game down (technically speaking). Don't know.

Plus, EA/Maxis is a bit lazy when leaving obsolete files in their games! Just think of how many things were discovered (unlocked) in The Sims 3 games!

Indeed everytime I think of toddlers/babies and emotions this comes to mind. It's just too funny.
    @mw1525 Yeah, I guess, but it's a bit weird why it was found recently. Apparently there's also various LODs made it for it too, for some reason, but the main thing that's tripping me up here about it is that it's for the render for the CEO, but it shouldn't even be in the game files in the first place if it was. And the big question is why it just popped up now. People have been scanning through these files through and through, so I don't think that it's been there for a long time. The only thing I wish we could do was trace the files to when they were first put into the game, because that would at least solve the problem of when these came in.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Stumbled across this video. What a well spoken young man with very astute observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pHtTm1CnWk

kim
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

@mw1525 Yeah, I guess, but it's a bit weird why it was found recently. Apparently there's also various LODs made it for it too, for some reason, but the main thing that's tripping me up here about it is that it's for the render for the CEO, but it shouldn't even be in the game files in the first place if it was. And the big question is why it just popped up now. People have been scanning through these files through and through, so I don't think that it's been there for a long time. The only thing I wish we could do was trace the files to when they were first put into the game, because that would at least solve the problem of when these came in.

It could have recently popped up when a patch or SP was released. Someone didn't clear all their "projects" out of the game and it got added in.

I remember back in the days of Sims 2 especially that we found many "lost and found" items in the game. Houses and items that either Maxis forgot to code in or were abandoned for some reason. Many items were fixed up and added back in as CC. Those are some of my favorite items.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    Stumbled across this video. What a well spoken young man with very astute observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pHtTm1CnWk

kim

It's a great video!

It could have recently popped up when a patch or SP was released. Someone didn't clear all their "projects" out of the game and it got added in.

I remember back in the days of Sims 2 especially that we found many "lost and found" items in the game. Houses and items that either Maxis forgot to code in or were abandoned for some reason. Many items were fixed up and added back in as CC. Those are some of my favorite items.

Rumour has it that there was three unreleased neighbourhoods in the TS2 files, maybe from the testing stages. Did anyone ever manage to reset them and play with them?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top