Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fey of Life

RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
Hello, people! I have started writing a Sims 3 story that will be a Sims life story (but not a legacy), and a fantasy drama.

screenshot-1482.jpg?w=676

When Lynn Farley’s mother remarries, their life should have become perfect. Things never really turn out perfect, though, so no one told Lynn that the marriage deal would include a stepbrother with some creepy qualities that might become more trouble than any of them ever realised. And the strange yet lovable brother isn’t the only one whose past comes back to haunt the newly formed family of four…

Fantasy, drama, suspense, and life ensues.

The story can be found here: https://simsfeyoflife.wordpress.com/

I would love it if people would check it out and especially love it if someone would tell me what they think about it. I'll be posting more chapters to it soon, and I'll be informing about the updates here on the forum. The comments are welcome to both to my blog and here on the forums. I hope at least some of you enjoy this thing I've cooked up or at the very least I hope it doesn't make anyone want to throw their computers into the nearest body of water.
doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
My Sims stories:
The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
Post edited by RipuAncestor on

Comments

• CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    I really like this so far. I wonder what Lynn's stepbrother really is...
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Thanks! :smile:
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Okay, so chapters 1 and 2 have been put up to my blog, in case anyone's interested. Things will happen in them. Yeah, I know I'm not very good at advertising. Characters will be set up, and insecurities and mysterious illnesses surface.
    The chapters can be found in the links. And here's a pic for you guys too. :smile:

Chapter 1: Friends
    Chapter 2: Iron
    screenshot-1785.jpg?w=676&h=507

Hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
    Chapter 3 is up! A stranger arrives at the Farley/Monsoon family's doorstep unexpectedly, except he isn't a stranger. He does, however, cast a tense cloud over the family.

screenshot-1327.jpg?w=676&h=507

You can read the chapter HERE! Hope you enjoy and feel free to give me feedback, constructive criticism or even a passing glance. :smile:
    My Sims stories:
    Next chapter is up: Lynn starts to contemplate on growing up, while Rem has nightmares. Not all boogeymen are hidden in closets.

screenshot-1300.jpg?w=676&h=507

You can read the chapter HERE, and I'd be very, very happy with feedback! Hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
    Two new chapters are out so I figured I'd archive the links here again. Disaster strikes, and a phoenix lives up to her name... the road to recovery will be a long one.

screenshot-1466muok.jpg?w=676&h=507

Chapter 5: Phoenix
    Chapter 6: Ashes

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this story!
    My Sims stories:
    Whoah, I haven't updated my chapter links here in a long time! Let's fix that, shall we:

Healing requires many changes. And some changes are just unexpected. The Farley-Monsoon family is growing, and it is time to cast aside the dark memories of the past. Or at least try to.

screenshot-2840.jpg?w=676

The links are here:
    Chapter 7: Rise
    Chapter 8: Flight
    Chapter 9 Ladybugs
    Chapter 10: Merriment

In other news: this story has been Liebsterised! I'm so happy for the award! If anyone's interested in that, then the Liebster Award post is HERE.

Thank you all for reading! I'll be working on more chapters with renewed inspiration after NaNoWriMo is over!
    My Sims stories:
    Chapter 11 is out now! It's time for change, and not just because of the new baby in the family. Things have finally got back on track, but happiness is a precious commodity.

screenshot-2919.jpg?w=676

You can read the chapter HERE.
    My Sims stories:
    The newest chapter, called "Witch", is out now! Happy New Year and other holidays as well!

The chapter is HERE.
    My Sims stories:
    A new chapter is out!

It was time for everything to come crashing down, or at least to start to go over the edge. The running will soon be over.

screenshot-3120muok.jpg?w=676

You can find the chapter HERE.
    My Sims stories:
  • Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    I've just sat and read all the chapters so far and I'm loving your story, looking forward to the next chapter already.
    @Callianne74 Really? Awesome! Thank you so much! I'm outlining the next chapter already and doing some background research so I can start writing it soon!
    My Sims stories:
    edited March 2016
    The next chapter is out now. It's called Spark and can be found HERE.

Our family’s big mystery. Rem Monsoon. The fairy who really was a fairy. The mystery that we’d maybe thought would eventually stop being a mystery without us ever needing other answers than “We’re family, who cares about the rest.”

“It’s not going to go away,” Rem said as if reading my thoughts, “No matter how many times we’d move, or how many happy thoughts we’d think… I’m always going to be this way. And I want to finally know what I am.”

Also, I'm taking a little break from this story. I need to step back and reread and rethink things, because I feel like this story is terrible at the moment. Don't worry, it's normal for me to feel that way about the things I create at some point. I'll probably get over it with the rereads and possibly some editing.

EDIT: That link is no longer valid, because I rewrote the chapter and even changed the name and URL. See post below for further details. :)
    My Sims stories:
    Okay, the edits are done now and I'm feeling much better about the story again. The changes weren't major, mostly just spelling and grammar fixes and a little tweaking. However, chapter 14 is pretty much a totally new chapter now. It even has a new name and therefore a new link!

You can read it HERE. Have a nice day, everyone. I'm back to writing this thing!
    My Sims stories:
    I managed to get the next chapter of The Fey of Life ready!

It was a summer of anticipation and a bit of fear, but there was happiness in it as well.
    screenshot-56.jpg?w=676

Chapter 15: Hunter

Have a good day everyone!
    My Sims stories:
    Hi people! My brain is temporarily kind of fried from having to do a hundred things at a short notice, but the next week I'm hoping for some relief. But I did still get the next chapter for The Fey of Life done, and then forgot to mention it here, so... uh... enjoy!

Chapter 16: Mother
    screenshot-147.jpg?w=676
    Rem looked down, embarrassment mixing with sadness on his face.
    “She hung up on me,” he said very quietly, “I told her who I was, and she became angry. Said that dad had promised not to butt into her life.”

“And… after all that, you still want to talk to her?” I asked, even though I knew what the answer was going to be.

“Yes. I have to go there.”

Have a great day!
    My Sims stories:
    edited March 2016
    So I finally got this one done: the next chapter of The Fey of Life!

Worry and confusion colour Lynn's next day. Fortunately, Rem has a plan. A plan that might solve things or just cause them to get even more messed up.

You can read the chapter here:
    Chapter 17: Puzzled
    screenshot-647.jpg?w=676

Have a good day!
    My Sims stories:
    edited May 2016
    Whew, it's been some time, but to be fair, these next chapters required a lot of building, Sim-creation, and thinking. But here it is: the next chapter/exposition-dump of The Fey of Life

Lynn and Rem finally get to discover the truth about Rem's past. The answers will probably not be all that pleasant. Of course they aren't.
    screenshot-1023-2.jpg?w=676
    Chapter 18: Changeling

I hope you have a wonderful time!
    My Sims stories:
    Hello everyone! I have a new chapter for The Fey of Life out after quite a long-ish break. Lot's of stuff has been going on, but now I have a summer break so I can actually get more writing (among other things) done!

Chapter 19: Rabbit Hole
    wAR6eJj.jpg

"For some reason the bright colours of the fairy trees just made it worse. We’d followed the breadcrumbs and then the rabbit hole, and it had just led us to a whole bunch of new problems."

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time in general!
    My Sims stories:
    Well, this took pretty long to get out. Mostly because I've had some problems with getting this story together and I've been struggling with the same old angst about how this story should be killed with fire, but that's normal for me and I feel that way about all of my stories at some point. That's just the sign for me to 1) take some distance from it and 2) make it better. So I hope I've got my act together here now. And I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 20: Return
    qLielKQ.jpg

Decisions are hard to make, but at least Lynn and Rem have a chance to return home. But getting back home is just an invitation for things to get more complicated.
    My Sims stories:
    Hey you all! Well, this one was out quickly, at least. The next chapter to The Fey of Life!

Chapter 21: Recoil
    97LEf2B.jpg

The quiet streets of the too-early morning felt far too long now when one was running away from a clearly murderous criminal.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
    Hello! Here's the next chapter to The Fey of Life! It's the end of an era, or at least the end of a long journey. But new journeys begin from the ashes of the old one.

Chapter 22: Rebirth
    2mm9lST.jpg

My Sims stories:
    Hey, I'm back! And with a short interlude-thing that starts the second story arc of The Fey of Life! It's been one and a half years since the Monsoon/Farley family went through danger and tragedy. Things have started to get back on track, and new challenges in life lie ahead.

Chapter 23: One And a Half Years
    6q7cVvY.jpg

Hope you enjoy! I'll be working on getting the story of the arc in order and hope to start then posting some chapters with actual plot again!
    My Sims stories:
    Whew, got this done. The next chapter to The Fey of Life.

Chapter 24: Family Ties
    ApX4e41.jpg

I watched my brother trying to reach the sky and thought about how far we’d come.

My Sims stories:
    Hello! It's been a while since I posted some Fey of Life. It's a long chapter with nothing much happening, but uh... wait, that's not a good promotional talk. Just uh... maybe check it out if you want?

Chapter 25: The Princess and the Pixie
    p1sMpEI.jpg

Rem didn’t want to break our family, and I really appreciated that. But I also didn’t want him to break himself while doing his part in keeping us together.

Have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories: