Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

from 4 to 3 to 2 and what i learnt on the journey

2...Next

Comments

• US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    I love this thread. I study fiction writing a lot and it teaches you that the little details are better than the big ones. I found this true for games too and The Sims 2 just has a ridiculous amount of little details.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I pretty much had the same experience. I decided over the weekend to install the sims 2 ultimate collection. The sims 3 had long loading times (my favorite sims game for the last seven years), so I decided to start playing the sims 2 again after seven years. The last time I played it I was a senior in high school. It's been so much fun. I've really enjoyed playing it. I'm now on my second generation. :) I get bored playing the sims 4 after an hour or so, and the only thing that keeps me going back is CAS.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2016
    I am the kind of player who always look back games and it's tough to me to say goodbye to the past especially when an old game makes me still hooked.I never can tell myself the sims 2 should be put away, it's so much my home here and my confort zone .I am definitively into the sims 3 community and it's my everyday game but I am still also an avid sims 2 fan as well, honestely I love them equally.I have my own reason to love the sims 3 I don't expose here and here are the reasons I slowly discover again about the sims 2.I had resintalled recently the sims 2 with the expansion pack I possess , sadly not all but I hope getting all the rest of the game especially EPs, I was very worried about the gameplay abilities .With a few Eps the game is playable.

First of all I love decorating interior for the sims 2, the cc are gorgeous and I am very in ease with it now.I easily can express myself decorating and the catalog runs very fast compared to my sims 3 ones.It doesn't need overcluttered houses for being pretty.
    I also can run my game with the most highest settings without troubles except the shadows I have to turn off due to the large square at my sims'feet.It doesn't a problem I can do without.

The two families are funny too because women are attracted by men much more their respective husband.I love the toddler/parent interactions and I enjoyed the way a group of townies invited the mother to go out in downtown .
    Women had an argument for a stupid reason and men are friends after bragging and a very long conversation.
    There are a lot of dramas and we laugh a lot.
    There are more realistic interactions than in the sims 3 and people are very sociable.

However I don't like the wealthy aspiration because you always have to change your houses , it's not fun to always buy something new when you decorate yourself the houses,sometimes they regret what you buy to them, they want to possess everything, the sims 3 also wants to buy them new stuffs as well , and the autonomous actions are very annoying , they always perform a musical instrument for instance.That's the two negative point I can say about the sims
    ; however I rate it 9.5/10, it worths it .

That's my recent experiences but I wish to write a book soon.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I played sims 2 years ago and i only had the base game but still enjoyed it a lot. I got sims 3 when it came out and looked forward to all expansions, it had its issues at times but it was a great game.

A few months ago, i downloaded the ultimate collection after getting bored of sims 4. I agree with everyone, i tried making unique sims time after time but they all turned out pretty much the same. It's disappointing that the big new feature was emotions yet sims feel kinda empty and emotionless. My teen sim's mother died of old age and she didn't even stop to watch the scene, she was happy still. Some other sims got the sad moodlet but other moodlets were stronger so they just went on with their lives as if nothing happened. There are a lot of things like this in the game that feels meh.

Now that i started playing sims 2 after years i noticed those sims react to every little thing around them and it feels weird cause today's sims are so different. The actions are so much more detailed in sims 2 i just watched them in awe the first time i opened the game. Also i'm so glad to come back to spacious and realistic neighbourhoods after playing with the sims 4's small limited towns. The objects and clothes feel a little outdated but i like playing with cc so it's alright. There are so many things for me to try out i'm so excited for the generation i'm playing now!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    I played sims 2 years ago and i only had the base game but still enjoyed it a lot. I got sims 3 when it came out and looked forward to all expansions, it had its issues at times but it was a great game.

A few months ago, i downloaded the ultimate collection after getting bored of sims 4. I agree with everyone, i tried making unique sims time after time but they all turned out pretty much the same. It's disappointing that the big new feature was emotions yet sims feel kinda empty and emotionless. My teen sim's mother died of old age and she didn't even stop to watch the scene, she was happy still. Some other sims got the sad moodlet but other moodlets were stronger so they just went on with their lives as if nothing happened. There are a lot of things like this in the game that feels meh.

Now that i started playing sims 2 after years i noticed those sims react to every little thing around them and it feels weird cause today's sims are so different. The actions are so much more detailed in sims 2 i just watched them in awe the first time i opened the game. Also i'm so glad to come back to spacious and realistic neighbourhoods after playing with the sims 4's small limited towns. The objects and clothes feel a little outdated but i like playing with cc so it's alright. There are so many things for me to try out i'm so excited for the generation i'm playing now!

I know exactly what you mean! Welcome to the forums.

It's the details that keep me coming back to the sims 2. My sims feel real. They have personality and they still keep me entertained every day.