Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    So how's 2.14.0 working out for everybody? Any issues? I don't wake up fast (or sunny!), I won't have time tonight to take it for a spin.

Probably will in the morning, though. My next school run is likely not till Tuesday, so, that's off my plate for the next few mornings. :D

Fender-bender this AM meant finding a different route, luckily there are several ways to get places here. Interesting ride, I used a different route for both directions than my usual path.

Evening here is different too, hubby was forced to work because his manager isn't much of one. Boss got busted for being AWOL today, too, by district mgr. Good. >:)

Hoping for some "same" from work tonight, but Fridays are usually pretty interesting anyway. Just a "different" day all around, for me, I guess.

Mostly random post... :p

@egwarhammer Only one for me, and while it was (remotely) related to MCC, I knew it could be an issue at some point anyway. @Deaderpool had mentioned it on the MTS Forums before the update related to another mod. Easy fix, I removed the other mod. I was only testing it anyway.

Wild guess... PTME? I tried that, saw strange things, and took it out about 5 seconds after DP said I should. "Yes, sir!" :D
    By the way, an "admin" kinda thing... Deaderpool doesn't come by here too often, or on a regular basis or anything. It's more usual for me to cart messages back and forth, either between forums or in PMs, depending on what's up.

"Old-timers" will already know this... just mentioning it this morning for the influx of new people I've been happy to see dropping by here. For you guys, I asked him to put in an appearance yesterday, based on @iriefthi 's "what if?" post. @Bonxie did a GREAT job explaining it, but I'd already PM'd DP before she posted it, I think. Figured seeing an "it's cool" from HIM wouldn't be a bad thing, at all. Ice breaker, too. Told ya he doesn't bite. ;)

I also told him about all the Thanks you guys posted. :) He appreciated that, too. <3

There's not a lot of need to tag him to posts here. I only do it if it's one I'm going to also PM him a link to, or ask about in MC comments, usually.

I generally call him DP here (because I'm lazy :blush: ), most of the time. He's pretty busy IRL, I don't want to flood his page with notifications to this thread... if he's on this site, it's usually been to check in here, no matter what else he may also be doing in these forums. He checks in when he has time... or if he knows I'm out for work/sleep... etc.

If something comes up that you need an immediate answer for, MC Comments are going to be your best and fastest way to get his attention. This is my little corner of these forums, but it's an offshoot of his universe. :) I don't pretend to know it all... but I can answer a lot of questions just because he already has. And for those I can't... he's got our backs.

Back in a bit!
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    So how's 2.14.0 working out for everybody? Any issues? I don't wake up fast (or sunny!), I won't have time tonight to take it for a spin.

Probably will in the morning, though. My next school run is likely not till Tuesday, so, that's off my plate for the next few mornings. :D

Fender-bender this AM meant finding a different route, luckily there are several ways to get places here. Interesting ride, I used a different route for both directions than my usual path.

Evening here is different too, hubby was forced to work because his manager isn't much of one. Boss got busted for being AWOL today, too, by district mgr. Good. >:)

Hoping for some "same" from work tonight, but Fridays are usually pretty interesting anyway. Just a "different" day all around, for me, I guess.

Mostly random post... :p

@egwarhammer Only one for me, and while it was (remotely) related to MCC, I knew it could be an issue at some point anyway. @Deaderpool had mentioned it on the MTS Forums before the update related to another mod. Easy fix, I removed the other mod. I was only testing it anyway.

Wild guess... PTME? I tried that, saw strange things, and took it out about 5 seconds after DP said I should. "Yes, sir!" :D

I'll PM you what it was, I can't mention it's name, or where I got it here :blush:
    Just dropping by... my week off starts tomorrow, finally! :smiley: There will be gameplay involved. And of course, forums. And whatever else I find to get into, this week.

If something's on your mind about MC, let me know. Maybe you aren't the only person with "x" question. :)

If you toss something out I can't answer, I'll open it up to the field. (The field is welcome to jump in anytime, anyway. ;) ) I'm not the only player here who knows MC pretty well... I'm just easily the most prolific. Haha!

And then there's Deaderpool... if nobody HERE knows, I'll go ask him, unless one of you just wants to. He knows my week off is incoming, he won't be surprised to see me cruising by his place. B)

• MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    @egwarhammer don't cheerleaders have a series of cheers they do? in this case for Deaderpool?
    @egwarhammer don't cheerleaders have a series of cheers they do? in this case for Deaderpool?

Would you believe IRL I'm the least athletic Sagittarius (or person, really) you'll ever meet? Haha! My idea of exercise tends toward jumping to conclusions, running to the bathroom because I've sat here too long... stuff like that. LOL!

2+2=5 sometimes, the way I do math, too... :p

I just knew MC was kind of scary looking, I wanted some kind of "bouncy" tag, rather than something serious like Ambassador (which just occurred to me this evening, BTW).

I probably could've gone with evangelist, really. But that would've upset people. Moreso than me taking over conversations with my "Joys of MC" walls of text already does.

I think it's such a game-changer that everybody should try MC. Hard for me to reign that in, sometimes. <shrug> That's one reason I started this thread, to have a place to dump all this warm sunny pro-MC stuff. Nobody can run me out of HERE. Haha!
    :)

Feel free to grab some pompoms and cheer along... ;)
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Hey, everyone. So, I have never used a mod before and I am pretty terrible when it comes to technology, but I am willing to give the MC commander mod a try to get rid of the relationship decay and the culling. Can MC commander do that? Can I also use it to increase the risk of alien abductions?

Also, I do not even know where to start...I have a mac, where do can I get the mod? And what do I do with it?
    Hey, everyone. So, I have never used a mod before and I am pretty terrible when it comes to technology, but I am willing to give the MC commander mod a try to get rid of the relationship decay and the culling. Can MC commander do that? Can I also use it to increase the risk of alien abductions?

Also, I do not even know where to start...I have a mac, where do can I get the mod? And what do I do with it?

Great timing! Just got in from work, give me a few minutes to switch gears, and I'll be back to answer you (and take care of another post I need to do) shortly. Change clothes, etc. Not long. :)
    edited August 2016

Okay, first things first. Go to MC's page at MTS, here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

You'll be on the Description page. Click the Files tab (next in line, scroll down if you don't see it from when you get to the page). BTW, it works on Mac just like it works on windows. :)

I know @Terra plays the game on a Mac, and she has MC. As far as I know, it hasn't given her any trouble. There are others with Macs, I just don't know who is who. Maybe they'll comment.

You may need some kind of file-opening program. For Windows, I'd recommend 7zip.

I'm not sure what Mac would use, but if you don't know either, you might ask that in the Mac forum, here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions

Although, since ts4scripts originated because Macs couldn't use zipped scripts, maybe you won't need anything extra. If you can get to the package and ts4script files inside the zip you download, we're off and running. :)

The easiest thing to do will be to download, from near the bottom of the files list, the AllModules.zip file.

Go big or go home. :p I'll get you going with all of it, and if you decide later you're having too much fun... well, that, or, there's too much happening to keep up with, really... you can take modules out, or disable settings to turn things off. I play with it all. I don't USE everything it offers, but I do install all of it, including the WH "extra" module from the other site.

Being vague on purpose, it's a bit spicy. If you want to know more, PM me. o:)

To the left of the file, there's a magnifying glass icon. If you click that, it will show you the files included in the zip. One package, 2 PDF files, and the rest are ts4scripts.

In your /Sims4/Mods folder, make a subfolder for /MC. Copy all the files inside the zip over into that folder. The PDFs don't have to stay in /MC.

The troubleshooter I wrote for install issues with MC and WH. DP liked it, he ships it out with the Allmodules zip and with the base MC script and package file. :) The UI Guide is pretty old, I really need to give that a coat of paint. Hoping to this week, but I'm going to PLAY some, too, I haven't done *that* in days.

Sorry, I keep getting sidetracked.

Here's a picture of what MC installed looks like on my Win10 machine. If your folder looks like this, we should be in business.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15140285/#Comment_15140285

More in a few, I want to post this so you can get into it. :)

(Whoops! forgot picture link. Duh. Haha!)
    And yes, @LenaDieters11 MC can get rid of culling, and decay, and the Occult module is all about aliens. :)

Browse under the Spoiler buttons on the Description page, there's a lot of really useful info there. But I said BROWSE. Just look around, get a feel for how it's laid out. You don't need to LEARN it all, it'll be there.

I don't want anybody overwhelmed. We can walk you through a lot.

But where do you guys think *I* go to answer your questions? Sometimes it IS to Deaderpool, but more often, it's something I find on the Description page, or in Comments. :p

Decay settings are in the Main module. Culling settings are in Population. Let me know when you have it either downloaded or installed, and we'll go from there.
    I'm going to change gears for a minute. It's been noticed that Dates are having issues, if you have "Allow Teens" enabled in the WH part. It will be fixed in 2.15, but for now, disabling that is the easiest workaround to get Dates functioning normally.

Also, I decided to copy this post from my wall into an actual post, so I could answer it better...
    Rowlena_Lauchenbaum → egwarhammer
    Hi there,

I was wondering if I could ask you another modding question. What do you do with all of your mods and cc before a patch update? Obviously, you could just delete them, but I'm sure that it's a pain to find them all again afterwards. Thanks!

--Rowlena

PS: If you aren't a coder, how do you know so much about mods and also be so integral to updating mcc? (You mentioned that on a thread and I was just curious. I'm not a stalker, I promise :))

Because it's kind of relevant. :)

@Rowlena_Lauchenbaum since the Game will disable mods/cc when it patches now, I just leave everything in the folder. The Best Practice would be to Move your /Mods folder (all of it, including your cc!) to your Desktop, until you verify or update it.

I said here recently I'm fearless, I don't do that. I also rarely ever delete *anything.* (You should see my Downloads folder.)

I WILL take everything out except MC, but only after I've tried it once with everything still where it was. I don't leave my mods disabled for any longer than it takes me to turn them back on and reload the game again. (Sometimes I've seen epic meltdowns, fun times!) B)

Usually, things aren't so bad. I will NOT play without MC, unless I'm testing something specific. So after a patch, you'll see me load the game and MC up, if nothing else. If something is going to explode, I want to know about it. Best way to get it fixed.

I don't mind a friendly stalker. :p There are some here who probably feel like I'm one, too. <3

How I got HERE... I don't really know, exactly, it just sort of happened along the way. I first downloaded the mod in May 2015, and "met" Deaderpool. Started posting, probably sent him a PM... and we were off and running.

I've never really been a Sims game "helper type" until 4. I didn't mod 3, and I didn't know enough about "guts" to be helpful in 2, I had more questions than answers.

I've learned a lot from DP and azoresman (and others) from MC's comments, and from browsing some of the Tech stuff here. LastException files I love trying to figure out. Mod log error files, too. I've seen several of both kinds, now.

I *don't* have any "formal" Python training, or a real framework for what I know to fit into. It's like a jigsaw puzzle without a picture. I know different things, but not necessarily how they go together. I've played since launch, though, and I remember the Mac problems with script mods leading to the newer ts4script extension. Scumbumbo's idea, btw. (I *miss* him!) And I've burned through a LOT of mods, mostly from MTS. "Experience," I guess, would be the short answer to that question.

I still say I am NOT an expert on all things MC, because I don't see the code, and sometimes I get my answers wrong, too. But I *have* read every single word on the entire Description page, several times. I just have a terribad memory. Can't remember yesterday, but I can tell you what mod from who does what thing, if I've seen it before. Go figure. LOL!

So, I decided, with a prod from luthienrising, to start this thread here. And later, to write up the first Troubleshooter PDF. Playing my modded game the whole time, it just made sense for me to try to answer questions, because I *have* read all that and know where to go get it when I need it again. :)

I'm Chatty Cathy at work, cool thing for a cashier. At home, I'm pretty quiet. On here, you get the Cheerleader, usually... just because I do love this mod, and its creator (in a fangirl way, no mush :p ) enough that I wanted to help other people use it. And, to take what heat off him I could, too. Want to see me smile?

Watch DP start a post with "Like EG said..." :)

(Because that means I nailed it! Haha!)

Okay, wall of text mode is in full swing. I'mma quit now. More soon, probably. One of those mornings. I'm OFF work!!!!!!!! *bounce*
    :smiley:

@LenaDieters11 How's it going?

Look through the Troubleshooter PDF if you have any questions, it has pictures and steps for all sorts of install issues concerning both the game and MC. :) And other cool stuff, like info on that extra piece I mentioned. Links (various), etc. It's pretty thorough.

I'm not saying I won't answer questions here, just that I kinda did, already, there. ;)

But definitely let me know when you get it installed and showing up (or not) in your game. Next stop after install is configure. :) (Grab a drink.)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member

What about:

WHO IS COOL? - DEAD-ER-POOL!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

@egwarhammer Sorry, no offence. But I really have now this catchy tune in my ear and can't get rid of it <ta-ta-ta - ta-ta-ta> argh...
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    I *love* it! <3

@Bonxie I wish you lived closer. I think we'd get along famously. :smiley: (I like you.)

Grinning IRL, btw. @MeteoricDragon There It Is!! Hahaha!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I *love* it! <3

@Bonxie I wish you lived closer. I think we'd get along famously. :smiley: (I like you.)

according to a friend of mine your supposed to like everybody even if you don't. i have to be a grown up today. boo. then im coming back to play.
    I *love* it! <3

according to a friend of mine your supposed to like everybody even if you don't. i have to be a grown up today. boo. then im coming back to play.

Boooooooo! I did my grown up thing already. Finished at 7am, thankyouverymuch. :wink: Haha!

My immediate plans are food, and then probably sleep for a while. Play this evening, when I wake up later, I'll be up for the night, vampire, you know.

I've spent this morning catching up in forums (various sites), and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. :)
    I *love* it! <3

Boooooooo! I did my grown up thing already. Finished at 7am, thankyouverymuch. :wink: Haha!

My immediate plans are food, and then probably sleep for a while. Play this evening, when I wake up later, I'll be up for the night, vampire, you know.

I've spent this morning catching up in forums (various sites), and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. :)

i can't work at night because i don't drive. maybe i'll by candy the freezer and fridge are full.lol
    @egwarhammer Okay, I just downloaded it! I will keep you up to date! Thank you so much for your help. Another question, though, I can turn the story progression it comes with off, right? I play rotationally with all households and don't want story progression.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited August 2016
    I *love* it! <3
    I'm glad you like it. Making jokes in a foreign language with people from a different culture could be risky. Immideatly while reading @MeteoricDragon post I had this chant in my mind, but I thought pretty long about posting it. You know - grown up stuff like "decent behavior"...

...oceans apart....

Thanks again.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    @egwarhammer Okay, I just downloaded it! I will keep you up to date! Thank you so much for your help. Another question, though, I can turn the story progression it comes with off, right? I play rotationally with all households and don't want story progression.

There's a lot you can fine tune, yes. First get it up and going. (Put a copy of your game on your desktop if you don't want MC making any unauthorized or oops changes. Setup takes a little seat time, the first time.) :)

I may be not far from sleep, eating does that to me, especially after working all night. But I'll be back this evening for sure, earlyish. Feel free to post if you need help, though, somebody'll catch it, if I don't. (Right, guys? LOL!)

Cheerleader seems to be developing a squad. I like that. B)

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @egwarhammer Thanks for that tidbit about the dates! I was wondering why they weren't working properly when I was playing last night... the funniest part was that there was another time where the dates were doing this exact same thing way back when the-sim-I-was-playing's older sister was trying to have her first date as a teen (this was his, btw). Another weird thing happened last night as well, but I'm going to check one thing in-game before I post about it here.

There's a lot you can fine tune, yes. First get it up and going. (Put a copy of your game on your desktop if you don't want MC making any unauthorized or oops changes. Setup takes a little seat time, the first time.) :)

I may be not far from sleep, eating does that to me, especially after working all night. But I'll be back this evening for sure, earlyish. Feel free to post if you need help, though, somebody'll catch it, if I don't. (Right, guys? LOL!)

oh thats right vampires sleep during the day.
    I put all the files into the subfolder, but how do I install it? Also, how can I put a copy of my game on my desktop (Sorry...I am so terrible with technology)
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Thanks for that tidbit about the dates! I was wondering why they weren't working properly when I was playing last night... the funniest part was that there was another time where the dates were doing this exact same thing way back when the-sim-I-was-playing's older sister was trying to have her first date as a teen (this was his, btw). Another weird thing happened last night as well, but I'm going to check one thing in-game before I post about it here.

There were 2 separate posts about it (one bringing it up, one Me Too) at MC last night, but I didn't have time to post it before work. Dates involving Ghosts will do the same thing, too. Fixes incoming next version. Easy enough workaround. :)

oh thats right vampires sleep during the day.

Exactly. :wink:
    I put all the files into the subfolder, but how do I install it? Also, how can I put a copy of my game on my desktop (Sorry...I am so terrible with technology)

Please look through the Troubleshooter. It's things I put together to answer ALL these "install" questions. Pictures and info. Shows how it goes into the game, how the game sees your mods, everything. I promise, it'll help. You *can* view PDF files, can't you? If not, I can do something else with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top