Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted!

Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
Post edited by Simsister2004 on

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I never played the Sims Social myself. But I have read about it and it wasn't a game for me. The Sims Freeplay is so much better like the review says on http://www.gamezebo.com/2011/12/15/sims-freeplay-review/ :)
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    edited August 2016
    The Sims FreePlay is a Sims game that is developed exclusively for mobile devices... you can check it out here! -> http://smarturl.it/sfpdl
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited September 2016
    The Sims FreePlay is a Sims game that is developed exclusively for mobile devices... you can check it out here! -> http://smarturl.it/sfpdl

Thank you so much, then it has no interest to me.

That's cool :) Hope you find something that will really tickle your interest... Happy Simming! ^_^
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis

That's cool :) Hope you find something that will really tickle your interest... Happy Simming! ^_^
    She isn't the only one who doesn't like that it isn't possible to play the game on a PC. I know other simmers who have made huge efforts to make the game work on a Windows PC because they really would like to try the game but just can't play on mobile devices. Either because they don't own such a device, are too farsighted or have problems with arthritis which prevents them from the use of small touch screens. So they would really like a PC version which EA alas won't give them.
    edited September 2016
  • HeyyysimsHeyyysims Posts: 251 Member
    It's on mobile and I played It for a little bit. It has quests and is free to play but has in app purchases.
    Download Celebrity Sims on my Blog: https://moongalaxysims.com
    Erpe wrote: »

She isn't the only one who doesn't like that it isn't possible to play the game on a PC. I know other simmers who have made huge efforts to make the game work on a Windows PC because they really would like to try the game but just can't play on mobile devices. Either because they don't own such a device, are too farsighted or have problems with arthritis which prevents them from the use of small touch screens. So they would really like a PC version which EA alas won't give them.

I can understand that point of view, especially given its from an accessibility stand point. What may help is the specific device used to play, such as a tablet over a phone given that a tablet will have a larger screen space and resolution than a phone.

I do acknowledge this may not be preferable for everyone who would prefer a larger screen to play TSFP to purchase a tablet, however it is just a suggestion.

I can understand that point of view, especially given its from an accessibility stand point. What may help is the specific device used to play, such as a tablet over a phone given that a tablet will have a larger screen space and resolution than a phone.

I do acknowledge this may not be preferable for everyone who would prefer a larger screen to play TSFP to purchase a tablet, however it is just a suggestion.
    I don't have the problem myself because I don't use glasses when I am using a phone or a computer - only when I am watching TV or need to see things farther away and I don't have problems with arthritis. But I know people who aren't even able to use a big tablet like iPad Pro and who have worked hard to make Freeplay work on their PC by following instructions like those on http://www.andyroid.net/bundledapps/download-the-sims-freeplay-for-pcthe-sims-freeplay-on-pc but without succes. There are also instructions on http://apk.koplayer.com/download-The-Sims-FreePlay-for-pc.html So there are also other people who want this to work.

I know that EA doesn't want people to play Freeplay on a PC and I guess that it is about avoiding more competition between the Sims Freeplay and the Sims 4 than absolutely possible. But there are many simmers who just want to play both games but can't. Anyway I know that you alas can't solve the problem either.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    The sims freeplay is a poor imitation of the sims that is played on mobile devices. Unlike the real sims it uses real time, relies on micro-transactions to actual be able to proceed in the game, and has very limited things you can do.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    The sims freeplay is a poor imitation of the sims that is played on mobile devices. Unlike the real sims it uses real time, relies on micro-transactions to actual be able to proceed in the game, and has very limited things you can do.
    You can't compare a free MMO game with a very expensive PC game. This isn't fair at all!

The Sims Freeplay is a free MMO game and there are a huge number of similar free MMO games in all the app stores. So we need to compare all those other MMO games with the Sims Freeplay instead. All those games are free to play and in real time but depends on if somebody want to voluntarily pay for extra content which isn't really necessary - and the Sims Freeplay does extremely good in this competion. I have tried a lot of those games. But the Sims Freeplay is IMO the biggest and best of them all. I have also been able to reach the top level (lvl 55) which allows a population of 34 sims without paying anything. So I can't complain :)

EA wanted to have a Sims game for mobile devices too. Earlier EA released different mobile versions of TS3. They were paid games and not in real time. EA also released two mobile versions of the Sims Medieval (one for phones and another one for tablets). They were all paid games. But they were never very popular and there was almost no interesting content in any of those games. But the amount of content in the Sims Freeplay is huge.

You could also compare the Sims Freeplay with earlier Sims games like the Sims Online and the Sims Social. But the Sims Freeplay still clearly wins IMO.
    edited September 2016
    In my opinion a rediculous game all the way through. totally stripped off the freedom I have in The Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4. (Yes, I just tried it on my tablet).
    The Sims Freeplay is quite boring until you have a big population. Therefore I played it on both my two tablets and on my iPod Touch at that time. After a couple of months I stopped playing the game on my iPod Touch. Then the game became too big to play even on two tablets because I have 34 sims in each game. Eight of those 68 sims work in the new careers where you follow your sims to work and give them tasks while they are in the police station or in the movie studio. So this became too much for me.

Now I actually don't really play the game anymore because I need something new in the game and I am not sure that we ever will get it. So I only enter the game shortly after a couple of days to see if anything has happened. Instead I now play a hard wargame on both my tablets even though it actually is way too violent to my taste. But at least it is very challenging and varied too. So I will play it until I find something better ;)
  • Time_Aria11Time_Aria11 Posts: 80 Member
    I think I would enjoy sims free play if I had a tablet. Maybe some day. It sounds interesting and they seem to have toddlers which is pretty nice. I definitely miss them.
    QCO9Nyv.gif
    I love everyone, Let me love you dearest humans!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    In my opinion a rediculous game all the way through. totally stripped off the freedom I have in The Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4. (Yes, I just tried it on my tablet).
    The Sims Freeplay is quite boring until you have a big population. Therefore I played it on both my two tablets and on my iPod Touch at that time. After a couple of months I stopped playing the game on my iPod Touch. Then the game became too big to play even on two tablets because I have 34 sims in each game. Eight of those 68 sims work in the new careers where you follow your sims to work and give them tasks while they are in the police station or in the movie studio. So this became too much for me.

Now I actually don't really play the game anymore because I need something new in the game and I am not sure that we ever will get it. So I only enter the game shortly after a couple of days to see if anything has happened. Instead I now play a hard wargame on both my tablets even though it actually is way too violent to my taste. But at least it is very challenging and varied too. So I will play it until I find something better ;)

Have you unlocked all the venues? Beach, Carnival, Arcade, and Pet Park?

Have you unlocked all the venues? Beach, Carnival, Arcade, and Pet Park?
    Yes. I have unlocked them all in both my games. There are some new hobbies that I haven't used yet though. But I don't have any sims to do them because all my sims are occupied with getting LPs in other hobbies. Even 34 sims in both my games isn't enough. But we can't get more.

My police officers are now lvl 9 and close to lvl 10. So I have built everything in the police station.

I have also built a few extra workstations in the movie studio. But the resource store there is too small and too expensive to expand. This means that we have to sell some resources which we don't need for the next workstation to be built to get room for the needed resources. So building workstations in the movie studio is very slow and therefore quite boring.