Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Us Your Hoods

Comments

• Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 these pictures are making me want to play TS2 tonight. <3
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @simsample

I will be downloading your lovely hood at some point but right now after a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 PC upgrade with lots of problems it has taken me another 3 days of using all my spare time just to go through the ton of mods and CC all while trying to get my jobs done in the real world-)

Once that is all play tested I will be adding back build/buy/neighborhood decor/cc and when all that appears to be running efficiently I have a clean empty hood Rflong7 made me that I will be using as a my long term project trying to put together my own hood but it would also be nice to have something as nicely put together, decorated and ready to play in as well.

So I think that's my long winded way of saying happy to download and test when I have completed my other sims related jobs :)

Looking at your pics I can see how lovely the way you have decorated both your hoods and for sure will be pinching some of those ideas :)

Also looking at your pics on photo bucket I am wondering if all the lots are furnished as well if so :o

do the beach lots actually allow sims living in those beach houses to swim in the sea etc as part of their back gardens?

@elanorbreton

Waiting for some lovely pics as you test the hood :)
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    @SPARKY1922
    Thanks for your lovely comments! <3

Yes, the lots are all furnished- residential and community. Some of the images in my photobucket have CC in them, but the uploaded version is CC free except for the Criquette neighbourhood deco and Moghughson's job noticeboards. The beach lots have accessible beaches except for the apartment block.

Hope you get your PC running smoothly soon! :)
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    @simsample

Thanks for that further info you really have done an amazing job then to furnish all those lots hardly using any CC :)

I had already downloaded Criquette's deco prior to my upgrade and was just getting used to it. I had also downloaded Moghughson's job noticeboards to save for when I found a suitable lot to play a job/welfare center so am comfortable using those mods and CC.

There is so much I want to try/do now and not enough hours in a day :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @simsample

Thanks for that further info you really have done an amazing job then to furnish all those lots hardly using any CC :)
    There are so many Lots in that hood, it must have taken @simsample a lot of time and patience to do. I wish I had some patience lol.

I've already gotten fed up of doing my Pleasantview hood and have ended up with this:
    Pleasantview.jpg?dl=0

As you can tell, not a great deal of effort went into it and most of the Lots were downloaded. There was a time when I would spend months on doing my ts3 hoods getting them exactly how I wanted them to be but I seem to have lost that - whatever it was - and now I seem to get fed up after a week.

I need to make some families next to put into simsample's hood. Though, I need to remove it first, add the cc in and then put it back in lol. At least with that hood I won't need to change anything (it's perfect as it is, thank you) and can just dive in and play :p
  • Options
    @elanorbreton

I love pleasnaview but I quickly outgrow it because its too small as I like really big hoods, however as I have a new map to work on for the very first time I am really excited about and looking forward to putting my own stamp on it but if you have made loads of hoods in the past I can quite understand why you would rather download a hood you can use right away.

I think even I am going to have to download some cc free sims this time because I don't think I have the patience to make them all for a large sized hood :)

I am following @Mstybl95 example of how to run a hood which basically means sims cannot use a service or buy anything that's not in their hood

so before the upgrade I made a few businesses and downloaded a few biz lots, I have mods that allow me to have the following

Post office with cards that can be bought and posted

jobs board/welfare mod ( not tried yet)

liqueur store

school (downloaded mods so I can run a school)

Prison lot and mods ( yet to try)

Orphanage

fashion show ( mod not tried yet)

maga shopping store

hairdressers/beauty store

I refurbished player made lots Starbucks ( added Xenem's dessert cart to go with their coffee) MacDonald's ( a normal restaurant ) pizza hut with Xenem's pizzas and a pizza oven my own sims can cook pizzas in and eat. Baskins ice cream parlor with Xenem's ice cream machine, C&K popcorn machine and a remake of a sims1 NPC ice cream cart. My sims love all these places and dance more in them at the juke boxes than they do in the nightclubs :)

I have got loads more ideas but I have to keep reminding myself one at at time :)

I am sure you will get some lovely game play from simsample's hood :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    These have inspired me to start building my own 'hood for my Sims! I'm using the "Zania" templet map to build my city - Steelton.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=292408
    Zania map (oldie, but goodie 2008)

I just started work afew hours ago, and still have alot left to work on.

Quick question: Where did my screenshots go? I was hoping to upload afew pics of Steelton, but I don't know where they are... :confounded:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2016
    @5782341b77vl That depends- if it's just the neighborhood it's usually in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Storytelling
    or in the Neighborhood/N00#/Storytelling :)

*Make sure to have your picture setting at the largest- which is only 600x450 -iirc. :)
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing your pics @5782341b77vl
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    I've only ever played (successful) legacies in Belladonna Cove, (such an underappreciated neighborhood, I've never seen one other person play it or even mention it.) but I am currently making a town called "Rich Town" filled with mansions and a apartment building where prices range from 7,000 to 11,000 in rent. Since I am a horrible builder, most of the public lots are just squares that are colored in. For me, it's the inside that counts since I'm way better at decorating than actual building.
  • Options
    marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
    I was wondering, for custom neighborhoods how does one generate new NPCs instead of Pleasantview NPCS? I know how to get rid of Pleasantview townies but I'm getting tired of seeing Kaylynn Langerak, Amy Jones, and the like in my custom hoods hehe.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi :)

We have to alter the game files before creating a new neighborhood to generate empty neighborhoods and then use codes or mods to generate new Sims. The *game will create the NPCs as needed but not always or many Townies/Downtownies/strays.

http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
    http://modthesims.info/t/544800
  • Options
    @Meepleep

Belladonna cove is my second favorite EA hood ( pleansantview first-) but the reason I have moved on to player made hoods is simply because I like big hoods however like you I am the most terrible builder. I have truly tried to learn to build but honestly even I cringe when I look at some of the things I have tried to put together so have to rely on the wonderful artistic talents of the sims community to help me :)

I really don't mind doing re decoration of lots either it really satisfies my need to have some sort of stamp on something and I am much better at it than trying to build a lot :)

Your Rich town hood sounds interesting so hope to see some pics of it soon :)

@marx13

as a fairly new player to 2 I am really not keen on townies and the way they look and am assuming this is what you are referring to? I am just testing all my mods/CC before starting on a clean player made hood but this time I have downloaded some mods that are supposed to stop the normal townies generating or if they do they will have different names a more modern look and CC clothes to wear. I have not been testing long enough to see if its working yet but am happy to pass on the details if its something you want to try. Also I am testing a mod called Gussy up which is old but allows me to change townie looks and clothes wherever I see them which is usually on community lots would that sort of mod help you?

• Options
    dayfornightdayfornight Posts: 1 New Member
    @marx13

as a fairly new player to 2 I am really not keen on townies and the way they look and am assuming this is what you are referring to? I am just testing all my mods/CC before starting on a clean player made hood but this time I have downloaded some mods that are supposed to stop the normal townies generating or if they do they will have different names a more modern look and CC clothes to wear. I have not been testing long enough to see if its working yet but am happy to pass on the details if its something you want to try. Also I am testing a mod called Gussy up which is old but allows me to change townie looks and clothes wherever I see them which is usually on community lots would that sort of mod help you?

Thanks. I renamed my Pleasantview neighborhood filw to N001-bak which meant I didn't see that awful Marissa Bendett and co in my beautiful custom neighborhood haha. That mod sounds great, I'll definitely download it since my randomly generated townies are better looking but still a little awkward fashion-wise :s .
  • Options
    @marx13

Thanks. I renamed my Pleasantview neighborhood filw to N001-bak which meant I didn't see that awful Marissa Bendett and co in my beautiful custom neighborhood haha. That mod sounds great, I'll definitely download it since my randomly generated townies are better looking but still a little awkward fashion-wise :s .

ugh for real, sorry but I didn't realize my computer signed me into my old EA account, mods feel free to delete it lol, since I never use it and don't believe in having duplicates/socks. Comment still stands :)
  • Options
    @marx13

I am still not too sure what you are really looking for so I will list my own downloads that I am testing in a clean new hood

the following link has some great ideas of how to get rid of ugly townies and you can also download the mod down town templates be gone which is a hack that is supposed to help with the townie ugliness problem ( scroll 1/3 to 1/2 way down the page for hack link

http://www.woodensimolean.com/NoMoreUglyNPCs

Townie Name Replacement Mod so no 2 townie names are the same and the names themselves are more normal sounding

http://sims-by-izza.livejournal.com/50779.html

Christialov's Gussy Up plug is an old hack but works fine in my game. wherever I see a townie out and about I simply click on them and use this mod there and then to buy their new hair and clothes etc so make sure you have enough money in your family account-) Also the townie you are making changes on is temporarily added to your family while you buy their clothes and then they automatically deselect back out your sim family once you have finished so don't panic thinking you suddenly have a new family member :)

you can download the mod on the following link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bgi1i8f0kkbi8l9/OFFICIAL_100628.zip

As said before as I am only just starting out in a a new hood I am not certain yet if first 2 are working yet..
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Meepleep wrote: »
    I've only ever played (successful) legacies in Belladonna Cove, (such an underappreciated neighborhood, I've never seen one other person play it or even mention it.) but I am currently making a town called "Rich Town" filled with mansions and a apartment building where prices range from 7,000 to 11,000 in rent. Since I am a horrible builder, most of the public lots are just squares that are colored in. For me, it's the inside that counts since I'm way better at decorating than actual building.

I love Belladonna Cove. When I am starting a legacy, I usually start in that town.

I went with Pleasantview this time because I wanted to play those classic premades. I love the Goths, Calientes, Pleasants, even Don Lothario, etc. There are so many ways to play out all that drama and it is just too much fun playing it all out.
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I love Belladonna Cove. When I am starting a legacy, I usually start in that town.

I went with Pleasantview this time because I wanted to play those classic premades. I love the Goths, Calientes, Pleasants, even Don Lothario, etc. There are so many ways to play out all that drama and it is just too much fun playing it all out.
    Yeah, you can't beat those premades, they're the best.
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 Ahhh life saver. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @marx13

You are welcome after a couple of days in a new hood the townies that are turning up around my community lots have better hair, skin and facial features but as I have added CC skin and hair to my game anyway I am assuming one of those mods is allowing townie use of those skins and hair cc which does make them look better however townie clothes are still really ugly so I have had to change their clothes with the gussy up mod when I see them around which is working as wherever I go now the townies look modern and more attractive its just a pain in the beginning as there are so many townies to do at once :)

Another thing I wanted to point out is that when using the gussy up mod the last buy clothes for the townie is the underwear category and they stay in that underwear after you have chosen it and when you have finished buying their clothes so I use the sim manipulator mod ( which basically does almost everything you can possibly think of in game-) to click on the townie click sim manipulator menu select change clothes and you can change the townies clothes ( by Name) back into casual ( everyday wear ) which solves the problem of them wandering around in their underwear :)

If you ever want to change townie clothes again click on gussy up mod and click plan clothes instead of buy them and all the clothes in each category will show up and you can make whatever changes you like.

I hope that makes sense and if you want to see how much the sim manipulator mod can do on the following link

http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/f3-download-sim-manipulator

Not sure on the names yet still testing..

I hope you are finding some results with whatever you are trying to achieve but when people say sims 2 sims are ugly is just not true when using a little CC, the couple below are basically the first family in my entire new hood lol

my_1st_couple_central_city.jpgimage upload no limit
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    Okay well starting in a new hood the sims in the above post pic are basically the Adam and eve of this hood and while I have not finished the entire hood as that will take some time I have started working on the family and the beach area :)

My sims just had twin boys Nathan

ethan_and_mummy.jpgwindows 7 screenshot

Ethan

nathan_and_daddy.jpgimage post

The beach house road with automated flashing traffic lights by CuriousB and a Zebra crossing which I forget the creator... :/

the_beach_road.jpgadult image host

the rear of the beach houses

rear_beach_road.jpgfree upload pictures

the beginnings of a ferry/pier

the_bginnings_of_a_pier.jpguploading images

I really do not find decorating hoods very easy but want to keep trying and as my hood grows I will post further pics and would like to see how other players are doing as well so post those pics please.. :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Okay well starting in a new hood the sims in the above post pic are basically the Adam and eve of this hood and while I have not finished the entire hood as that will take some time I have started working on the family and the beach area :)

Ethan

nathan_and_daddy.jpgimage post

*snip*

Ok where did you get the Ozzy tat??? I must have it!

• Options
    @JULES1111

It's fab and on the following link ( scroll to bottom of page )

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s2skin tattoo

If you want the hair, eyes and clothes go here

http://thepathofnevermore.tumblr.com/tagged/s2cc

pics please when your done :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @JULES1111

It's fab and on the following link ( scroll to bottom of page )

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s2skin tattoo

If you want the hair, eyes and clothes go here

http://thepathofnevermore.tumblr.com/tagged/s2cc

pics please when your done :)

Thanks! I will post a pic when I make a sim with it. :)
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited September 2016
    Wow! Great neighborhoods everyone! I'm still building mine (Springvale). It's taking a while but I think it's totally worth it :)

tumblr_oc5l35IGB11vcyyujo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc5l35IGB11vcyyujo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc5l35IGB11vcyyujo3_1280.jpg