Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a Guru - Game Development Edition

Comments

• EmmaHallEmmaHall Posts: 34 Member
    will be at ts4 afterworld?
  • EmmaHallEmmaHall Posts: 34 Member
    a successful game The sims 4? will be The Sims 5?
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Hello SGDrake
    I was wondering since sims can't dance together facing each other if the slow dance will even be possible later.

Could you ask one of the gurus who work on animations?

I second wanting to know if it will ever be possible to let Sims dance face-to-face! This is one thing I really don't like about dancing in TS4 (even though the moves are FANTASTIC).
  • lossonlosson Posts: 3 New Member

I am a player who plays with progression of history, there is a possibility that the progression of the history of the sims 4 is reworded and suitable for weddings and random pregnancy.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    What's the difference between SimStaff and SimGuru? Are the SimStaff just for the forums?
    edited August 2016
    Would it ever be possible to feed fish in aquariums and bowls, please..? And clean them.
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    Why do child sims hit themselves on the head with the red car?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Would it ever be possible to feed fish in aquariums and bowls, please..?

Wait, can't you feed them already? Or am I thinking of TS3 now?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    What's the difference between SimStaff and SimGuru? Are the SimStaff just for the forums?

Yes, SimStaff are the moderators.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited August 2016
    SimTrippy wrote: »

That's TS3. And you can do it without Pets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited August 2016

You can't feed them in TS4. :cry:
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    (I hope this one is OK to ask)

Would it be possible to have an auto roof option?
    Im a terrible builder but this option would make it a little bit easier as I'm terrible at roofs.

I disliked the auto roof option in sims 3 it was so annoying, if you need help with roofing this video may help :)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_0oQfMT5I
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Hm. That's weird. So all you can do is look at them then?

@Simanite what a weird omission .. :(
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    First of all, I do appreciate your opening up this discussion again, @SimGuruDrake.

Second, I'd like to send some love to the people who create the ambient sounds, the loading screen tunes, and who write the descriptions in the catalog. I still get a chuckle out of the Crisponix ones.

But I do have some questions:

What goes into the construction of a whim? And would it be possible to revamp some of the whims in a future patch? If the whim to own a hot tub can be switched off once a hot tub has been purchased, it seems to me that it would also be possible to switch off the whim to get married for sims that are already married.

Somewhere, someone said that there was an attempt in making EPs to address every playstyle. While they probably can't cover every conceivable playstyle, I would like to know if these are on their list:

Builders
    Sim-makers
    Generational, legacy challenge players
    Rotational players
    Family players
    Achievement players (ones who try to max skills, reach the top of careers, etc.)

Finally, this is more of an observation than a question -- I'm one of many simmers whose age is somewhere above 50. I know that we're not in the demographic targeted by EA, but we should be. We tend to be very loyal to the games we play and we have the financial wherewithal (usually) to purchase DLC. I'm not saying we need an elder stuff pack, or that we would all want the same things in a game, but that we are a group that EA might consider.

Sorry for the length of this, and I do appreciate any answers you can give.
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    First of all, I do appreciate your opening up this discussion again, @SimGuruDrake.

Second, I'd like to send some love to the people who create the ambient sounds, the loading screen tunes, and who write the descriptions in the catalog. I still get a chuckle out of the Crisponix ones.

But I do have some questions:

What goes into the construction of a whim? And would it be possible to revamp some of the whims in a future patch? If the whim to own a hot tub can be switched off once a hot tub has been purchased, it seems to me that it would also be possible to switch off the whim to get married for sims that are already married.

Somewhere, someone said that there was an attempt in making EPs to address every playstyle. While they probably can't cover every conceivable playstyle, I would like to know if these are on their list:

Builders
    Sim-makers
    Generational, legacy challenge players
    Rotational players
    Family players
    Achievement players (ones who try to max skills, reach the top of careers, etc.)

Finally, this is more of an observation than a question -- I'm one of many simmers whose age is somewhere above 50. I know that we're not in the demographic targeted by EA, but we should be. We tend to be very loyal to the games we play and we have the financial wherewithal (usually) to purchase DLC. I'm not saying we need an elder stuff pack, or that we would all want the same things in a game, but that we are a group that EA might consider.

Sorry for the length of this, and I do appreciate any answers you can give.

Good questions!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    KahZ wrote: »
    Hi, Gurus!

I want to ask just a few questions that I think it's more relevant to me, here they go:

1. What do you think about the chemistry system (turn on/turn off) in Sims 2? Have some kind of issue to bring that system back to Sims 4? I think Sims can be even smarter with it.
    2. I don't know if any of you guys will feel comfortable answering it, but... We know that nowadays people is claiming loudly for laws that and rights that didn't exist or they weren't that important lately. Knowing that internet brought a lot of power to people voice, the TSS fear do stuff for toddlers/child/teen because it might hurt people values? Or is it just about technical issues? Or even lack of interest?
    3. That one can be simple answered, I think: Why furniture in townie household lots is prerendered if you can't go to the house next door without a loading screen? (I could observe it by using the camera feature and flying around my neighborhood)

Hope I could be comprehensive! Have a nice day for all you. :smiley:

Agreed on chemistry and attraction and with multitasking why isn't it possible for Sims to hold hands while walking or wrap their arms around each other while walking?
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Approximately how long does it take to develop a Stuff Pack, Game Pack, and Expansion Pack respectively?
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Hm. That's weird. So all you can do is look at them then?

Aquariums are nothing but decor items. You just look at them and that is the interaction. I wish we could feed this fish. :( I'm not even sure if it's possible unless they make one specifically for a Pets EP.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    At this point I'm glad we at least have aquariums at this stage. In TS3 we had to wait longer to get them.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I'm asking this respectfully: Has the target audience for the sims 4 changed from the target audience of the sims 3 or the target audience of the sims 2?

I believe the rating is still for teen gamers, but to older sims fans like myself (above 20 years old), ts4 seems slanted toward a younger audience who may not appreciate the nuanced humor, depth, and complexity prevalent in ts2 and ts3. Is this intentional?

I have always loved that the Sims has such a varied and broad audience. We continue to have players of all ages and genders, from countries all over the world love being part of our Sims world. Nothing about that has changed. We still look at any feature or design through the lens of "how will a Sims player enjoy this". We talk more about the different ways people play than different slices of the audience. We do take into consideration keeping things current, which might feel "younger" in some ways. What's going on in the world today? What's happening in pop culture? What do we see our audience seeing? And what feedback are we getting in surveys or online. t

The rating has always been T for Teen (and similar in other countries) and that does play a role in what we can do with the game, just as it always has. That has a lot more to do with how far we can push some of our features more so than the ones that we choose.

We definitely still try to put in as much humor, depth and complexity as we can and that feels appropriate for the experiences we're trying to build. I know we can't hit the perfect balance for everybody but we try to find the sweet spot.

Ok then. Thanks for responding.
    At this point I'm glad we at least have aquariums at this stage. In TS3 we had to wait longer to get them.

No you didn't, you had a fish bowl in the BG and a fish tank in the very first Stuff Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited August 2016
    Are interactions without objects and/or with multiple Sims moving/changing positions technically doable in TS4 ? I'm thinking things like playing cops&robbers, throwing a ball at each other, Marco Polo, etc. Would the multitasking and/or the new locomotion system add some new constraints that would make it a bit more challenging than before ? or would it add some new possibilities that would make it more versatile than before (like the sitting/multitasking on the edge of the pool, which is awesome) ?
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    Will you consider tweaking the in-game clock so that time goes by slower while leaving the animations as they are, I'm talking something along the line of relativity mod by Twallan for ts3. Or at least tweaking the clock so that modders can actually do something about it? As of right now every attempt on their part has only either managed to slow down time and animations (no one wants that) or slowing down time and leaving the animation intact but then you end up with kids having to go to school at 3am because the clock is messed up.
    I remember reading that ts4 was supposed to be a time management game but at this point it's ridiculous, taking 8 hours to eat at a restaurant and various other actions that last wayyy too long.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2016
    Graham mentioned once that we shouldn't expect a certain pattern for EP's/SP's like we had with previous titles. (Every 6 months a new EP for example)

I saw @SimGuruLyndsay mention that you are working on sometimes 6 projects at a time, and maybe 2 or 3 things in the planning. So, does this mean that the gaps between packs aren't always just as long as the current EP gap? (We have been almost a year without any Expansion Pack). So in other words; is it possible that the EP after the next one, will come sooner without a year gap in between?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top