Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a Guru - Game Development Edition

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Why don't the packs (EPs and GPs specifically) come with more traits and aspirations? I feel like we really missed out on aspirations especially for GTW, SD, and DO.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited August 2016
    Do sims actually have organs, besides eyes and ears? Can a sim's heartbeat be heard? Are sims almost hollow? I know they have a skeleton and muscles. Do they have a stomach, intestines, blood, liver, kidneys, esophagus, and brain? Do they have missing body parts, internally?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    We'll be answering more questions tomorrow (It's getting to end of work day for all of us).

Just a heads up that as tomorrow is Friday (and my last day in office before I go on vacation) I will be closing this thread tomorrow before I leave work and will reopen it when I get back from vacation :) We will try to answer as many questions as we can before then.
    Thank You for the heads up on that SimGuruDrake.
    And I just want to say that I hope that you have fun on your vacation, and that I love your avi's new look! ;)<3

• lotrlover5858lotrlover5858 Posts: 9 New Member
    We'll be answering more questions tomorrow (It's getting to end of work day for all of us).

Just a heads up that as tomorrow is Friday (and my last day in office before I go on vacation) I will be closing this thread tomorrow before I leave work and will reopen it when I get back from vacation :) We will try to answer as many questions as we can before then.

Enjoy your vacation! Do you have anything special planned or is it a stay-at-home vacation (a stay-cation ;))?
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    1. Are there any plans for addition of interfaces for situation management? Based on majority feedback, the scripts that I've created to enable full management of objects and situations is too complex for normal simmers and I'm sure that everyone would appreciate being able to fully manage their sims' activities and environment.
    2. Are there legal reasons for your decision to deviate from the content standards of previous iterations? (Such as re-licensing of assets, departure of property rights holders, change of business relationships, etc...)
    3. Why is there so much resistance to product modification and discussion of technical interests in your forums? I personally believe that there would have been a much more positive response from the larger communities if players were generally motivated to exceed the developer-specified limits of the base controls and create their own feature set. (Is your target audience really that anti-technical?)
    4. From a financial perspective, can it be stated that The Sims 4 is persistently succeeding in the market and can we at least hope for the release of another version within the next few years?
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    1. One of the things that a lot of simmers had trouble with back in TS3 is the routing. Is there a chance that you guys, maybe a selected team will go back and fix the routing in all the worlds in addition to fixing other issues still had my many simmers?
      • One of the issue I've had personally is with the adventure board not providing all the opportunities possible. Half the time it presents the same smaller adventures or something of the like over and over even though my sim may have only completed one big adventure (one of multiple adventures on a single lot) and my sim being the only sim I've brought to either China, France, or Egypt.
      • Another issue is the school/stadium rabbithole buildings which badly affect professional athlete sims even if their athletic skill is maxed out, their in a good mood, work relationships are great, and they've done nothing but practice leading up to the game. Is it possible that it will get fixed and loaded to the exchange? A bit iffy on the question because it's a past game, so does it's stuff fall under future content? Not sure, but I figured it was worth a shot to ask.
    2. I barely had access to the internet when it was released but can someone explain, in depth (at least some depth), the attraction system in the Sims 3? When I'm playing issues are created by random attractions to sims that my sim(s) haven't even met yet and that I don't want my sim(s) to be attracted to. It can work against my plans for a game should I switch households and I often do, not to mention the constant calls, gifts and love letters. Is it possible, if needed, that EA/Maxis can go back and tweak the attraction system?
    3. Will the special content for Sims 3 like Dr. Pepper, T-Mobile, Ford, etc... ever make a return, be re-released, or give to us somehow? I know many simmers almost have or do have practically everything in the Sims 3 store right now and the only items missing are those.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    I have so many questions! But since this thread will be closed shortly, I'd just like to thank all the Gurus for doing this. :)
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2016
    With these two questions I wasn't too sure about whether or not they would count as future content but I figure it's worth a shot asking anyway because maybe someone could still answer in some way.
    1. Is it possible to have large and open towns/cities (think worlds in the Sims 3, maybe not as big but bigger than Sims 4), that are all "connected" through loading screens? I know Sims 3 kind of does it a bit with traveling to say Uni or a foreign country but what I'm talking about is something like this:

Our sims drive away from their home in say... Sunset Valley and we see them driving until the loading screen comes up to load the town/city they're trying to get to, and when it's done we see them driving into Bridgeport to have a bit of fun at The Brightmore or to visit friends or family who live in the city. And not just specifically visiting, but also being able to move should they want to and still be able to keep all ties and build and maintain relationships in any town or city. Being able to see sims from one town or city in our sim's home town/city (including ones that may be from different countries), to have say a bachelorette party a town over. Is that possible, and what all would that entail?

I know it would probably be challenging with town/city sizes, other sims in the household, players playing multiple households through different towns, etc... but it's something I've wondered about because I would've loved to have seen a family or two from my town also on vacation when my sim was (especially if they also had a vacation home), or fellow graduates from town when my sim went to Uni. There are many, many possibilities with being able to do something like that and I'm very curious.
    2. Would it be possible to have a CAS (not in Sims 4, but in general) where players could go back and forth between clicking and pulling and the sliders? Sometimes depending on what one's working on sliders may work better and sometimes clicking and dragging so I was just wondering.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2016
    Will the special content for Sims 3 like Dr. Pepper, T-Mobile, Ford, etc... ever make a return, be re-released, or give to us somehow? I know many simmers almost have or do have practically everything in the Sims 3 store right now and the only items missing are those.

Actually, I would like to know if this might happen too. Not long ago there was an update for ME2, and the ME2 Dr Pepper items were included in that update.

Being in Australia, and not having Dr Pepper here, I wasn't able to get the ME2 items at the time, but having them included in an update after all this time was really nice. Is there a chance you'll do this for TS3 too, and make the items available as downloads in the store perhaps?

Edit - Also, during its time there was a treasure hunt event on the TS3 forums, the prizes of which were some TS2 bon voyage furniture converted for TS3 by the team.

Those of us who weren't in the US were disallowed from entering because of our geographical locations. I don't know why, but anyhow... I was wondering whether at some point, those items might also be released for those of us who couldn't receive them at the time please?

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Since you guys introduce the trans option into the game, and said that it's for diversity, will this mean that you will soon be providing players with the option of creating even more diverse sims! Will we be able to make sims with down syndrome, or sims which suffer from different forms of paralysis, and sims missing body parts (i.e. limbs), or even blind sims?

@GoldenBuffy, are you wanting this in your game? What would cause the paralysis? A stroke perhaps? A head injury? And how about the missing limbs? Maybe once we get cars there could be accidents that result in amputations or lost limbs. And once we get Pets we could have guide dogs for those blind sims. And why stop with Downs Syndrome? How about autistic sims?
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @simgirl1010, I would love autistic sims as well! I don't see why we would have to wait for cars or even pets. They could still give us more diversity, a blind sim could use a guide stick to help to walk. A paralyzed sim could have a motorized wheel chair. Amputee could also have prosthetics via the hospital. It could be opened up to allow sims to visit without having to be sick, or even the player having to play as a doctor.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    @simgirl1010, I would love autistic sims as well! I don't see why we would have to wait for cars or even pets. They could still give us more diversity, a blind sim could use a guide stick to help to walk. A paralyzed sim could have a motorized wheel chair. Amputee could also have prosthetics via the hospital. It could be opened up to allow sims to visit without having to be sick, or even the player having to play as a doctor.

Okay. To each their own. That's one update I'd definitely hope was optional.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited August 2016

i have cerebal palsy and ASD i would like this idea too mine is mild and i can walk and talk etc but it still affects my daily life
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    What is the Adventureland world added with patch 1.69 of TS3? I have always wondered what is it's original purpose. Many players also discussed it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/870147/adventureland-added-with-patch-1-69-43/p1

So is it something slipped through beta World Adventures? What were you intended to do with it originally?
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    Is there going to be another Sims Camp? If so, when will it be, and how do I attend? Do simmers have to be invited, or can anyone who wants to go need only indicate that they intend to?
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Why aren't hazel eyes an option in Cas?
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Why did you remove some of the smoke from the rocket after the Get Together patch? (Without even mentioning it in the patch? :/)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2016
    mskube wrote: »
    Is the team working on some game fixes for dine out? I ask because my sim won't stay seated she keeps trying to get food from the restaurants fridge.

This they probably can't answer, because it relates to stuff in development ie future content. However, it does deserve a bug report. Before you report it however, try disabling your mods and custom content and see if that still happens. If not, a bug in a mod was probably the culprit. I have never had this happen in my game, though I have had Sims stand up to drink the beverage they ordered with their food. I do also "order for table" immediately after my Sims sit down.

How is asking for more bug fixes considered future content?
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Not sure if this falls under you guys not being able to talk about it. But is there plans to make babies real once again? No more object babies? #babyliberation
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    Thank you for doing this!

What things come at the top of your priority lists when making a pack/game?
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    What is your current policy on tweaking of base game features ? I'm thinking things like careers or aspirations goals which have been tweaked before in patches for example. Is this something that could happen again or are the actual features pretty much set in stone ? There's quite a lot of games nowadays that change, sometimes heavily, how the game works with patches, so I'm wondering what is the Sims team's stance on that : no change at all, only minor tweaking or major rework possible ?
  • ArrataArrata Posts: 3 New Member
    smiley006 wrote: »
    As a black simmer with long hair I feel there isn't enough hairstyles for us to choose from when creating a black sim. So my question is, would it be possible to add long or shoulder length hairstyle to the game? Right now the the only ones that we have to choose from is Afro and dreads.

We understand the importance of having diversity in hair textures/styles and definitely consider different types of hair when we are concepting hair for CAS.

So far we have these hairs for longer African hair textures/style...

Edit: but if you mean if it's possible to have, it may be possible but will need time and art exploration to make sure we get the hair texture in our art style and looking good.

I believe the term would be kinky/coarse hair textures as there are Africans with straight/non-kinkyhair but I'm so glad you guys have done more than the usual afro. Haha we dont all walk around with giant afros. Thanks a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top