Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a Guru - Game Development Edition

Comments

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    is it technically possible to add a new emotion ?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @SimGuruDrake @simguruLindays fron the 2014 renderer would it be possible to add to the gallery the cupkake family that was on the first renderer when the sims4 was annouce back in 2014?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @SimGuruDrake @simguruLindays fron the 2014 renderer would it be possible to add to the gallery the cupkake family that was on the first renderer when the sims4 was annouce back in 2014?

Perhaps be more specific and post the render, there were many at that time :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    Hey! I was wondering if the Sims 3 was still being fixed as there are still a bunch of issues, Thanks <33

P.s I sent a message to SimGuruDrake and not sure if she has seen it yet, so please forward this to her if possible <3 (imgur.com/a/EP5TQ)
  • simguyssimguys Posts: 62 Member
    Why SimGuruThomas don't have a Twitter account? :p
    My Spanish Website Simlish 4 \ My Twitter @Simlish4
    bSCAxNF.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Answered

Talking about renders though, @SimGuruKimmi I know we have a similar style in the BG but...it's not the same...could we have this male's (the one with the red shirt) hair "back" please?

The+Sims+4+Render+10.png

It's so much cuter than the one we have.

Answered
    Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'd like clarification regarding pack development ideas/concepts

I read here in the new "speculation" section that the EA executives pitch expansion pack ideas to the development team and then the developers determine how to bring the concept To life.

Is this true? Because if so I feel like having the "ideas" section here in the forums could be a bit misleading if you gurus aren't the originators of the concepts. Also, if this is true how then do we get in contact with people that can make stuff happen? Because I read your post where you stated that you gurus hear us, but the question is: does EA?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    This is something about the game to date that has been on my mind for some time now. Do sims walking by an active household notice the activity that's taking place outside in the active household's yard in the game?
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    Why are bills so high?
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hmm...Do the staff every dress up for halloween?

Answered
    Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited August 2016
    How many EPs and GPs do you currently have in the planning/development stages?

And is it possible that we might see a return of doing laundry?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • RoffRoff Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2016
    How long did it take to create Newcrest?
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited August 2016
    Is it possible to get some fall color trees and decoration in a patch.Is there a way to have the kids and teens do homework with their friends? Can there be more than one serving added to the experimental food? With the bar can the sims make more than one drink like in the sims 3. o:)
    Post edited by beville on
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I didn't even realize there was a voodoo doll to begin with. If it's indeed a reward given through the mischief skill, or only available through the computer, it's no surprise it's not used often. At least for me, it takes a very specific kind of Sim to get too far into mischief (either due to character design, or following an aspiration or career). I wouldn't be surprised if Mischeif was one of the least used skills, tbh, lol.

It probably takes an even more specific Sim to want to use a voodoo doll, come to think of it. But I'll have to check it out now.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    First I just want to say thank you for taking time out to answer questions here! I've learned a lot catching up to here.

My question is, are there ideas that got rejected at some point for The Sims or 2 or 3 that got implemented later, in 2 or 3 or 4, or do you set those aside?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I'm going to ask a daring question so sorry if this question has already been asked and answered before but...

Would you take into account the potential of players being able to edit existing neighbourhoods? Town building has played a part in The Sims for a long time and I think that some players appreciate where they place lots ect
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Since the reason to not have CASt in TS4 was 'performance concerns' doesn't the fact there's so many variants to furniture, clothes, hair, walls, floors, etc. in the base game and through DLC draw a counter to that?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I find a lot of the items have dull, faded washed out type colors. I usually have to go find CC recolors to get the look I want. I don't like dull looking houses for my sims. Rich browns, vibrant shades of orange and peach, natural looking but bright greens, real blues, not the dusty ones the game mostly offers.

Maybe that's the trouble, not enough color choices in more vibrant or clear hues.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    @simgurudrake With being able to see what us Simmers are up to in our game; what's something you see the most of Simmers doing within the game and what's something you see the least?

Very few Simmers use the VooDoo doll. :smile:
    And not very many Simmers use many of the color variants we offer on furniture. That surprised me.
    The most popular skill is cooking, but I think that's because you HAVE to do it. You pretty much gain skill in it accidentally.

I think part of the reason is because it is very difficult to match some of the wood tones/textures so when I find something that matches I usually stick to that and just change the patterns. I'd really like to see more sets like some of the sets from the Sims 3 store. Two of my favs were the Bayside and Mid Century sets which had pieces for just about every room in the house.

I think this is definitely a huge part of the reason. It can be very hard to match a lot of the in game colors. I frequently end up falling back on the most basic colors for this reason.

Just want to add that I place the voodoo dolls all over the place for decorations (I'm making a voodoo shop in Willow Creek and have some supernatural storylines that use them), though I don't use them much at all. I agree with @Sigzy05 that if there were more specific animations on the person being voodoo's connected to it, I would enjoy it more. I'd also love to see it backfire more dramatically for someone with low voodoo skills or someone who decides to use a voodoo doll that belongs to another person.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    Question, and maybe I am not understanding this: If I ask you about the possibility of adding additional lots to the neighborhood, or adding purple curtains to the existing choices, how is that different from asking about little Valdemorts in the game, or cars, or other features? Those questions are all "future content" related?

This is really not "Ask a Guru", it's "Chat with a Guru", which I think is great, but the title is misleading, when I cannot ask what I want to ask, and you guys cannot answer the way you want to answer.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    I know this is an old interview, but question for any of the Gurus, are these questions still asked when developing a game and how would you answer each question? The follow questions are from that MTV interview with Simmers.

What kind of god would you be?
    Would you be male or female? (Which has changed with the CAS update.)
    Would you be cruel or kind?
    Would you install linoleum or carpet?
    Would you be lazy or active?
    Would you be popular or unknown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl8AYEYMeG8&amp;ab_channel=SimsNetwork
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4lOoijWD-g&amp;ab_channel=SimsNetwork

Culling actually reminds me a lot of the Sims 2 fan made Deleted video.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Since you guys introduce the trans option into the game, and said that it's for diversity, will this mean that you will soon be providing players with the option of creating even more diverse sims! Will we be able to make sims with down syndrome, or sims which suffer from different forms of paralysis, and sims missing body parts (i.e. limbs), or even blind sims?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top