Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Focus on what we as players want in the game!

2...Next

Comments

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @king_of_simcity7
    yep, there are several rabbit holes in TS4
    i find sims appearing & disappearing middle in the street more troubling & more boring than invisible insides of buildings

@A_Culler
    A_Culler wrote: »
    I never said The Sims 4 had no rabbit holes, I am merely surprised people would want more to be included. I personally find it much more rewarding to go through a portal and enter a new area than to go through a portal and be confronted with text based chance cards.
    there is lots of text based stuff in TS4 too, chance cards included
    & i wrote about jobs
    sims going to job don't "enter an area", they disappear

& if you refer to those three meager secret lots which are the active careers, then TS3 has such too
    it's not everything rabbit hole in TS3

you can easily have many of those "solutions" from TS4 in a TS3 game too
    just remove in the TS3 city the grocery, the bookstore, the spa, the police station, the management building, the science laboratory, the stadium, the cinema, the school, the hospital & so on from the map, the only difference will be that sims working there won't be able to anymore but you will also have the exact same "city layout" as you have with TS4 without any useful actual services provided

i understand that you would prefer active lots with actively provided services but TS4 offers even less than TS3 offered
    TS3's base game delivered a fully functioning city, TS4's base game delivers a useless district in a nowhere among decorational 2D & 3D backdrops

what people want is a functioning city with at least the illusion of a normal life going on
    TS4 is boring to play because those sims wander around between gym, pub & home & are in most cases off to an invisible work
    that's not better game solutions than TS3 delivered with rabbit holes illusions

& at the current pace & with the quality of content provided i doubt it very much that a TS4 game will ever topple what TS3 had as city functionality from the get go
    we'll see what will be delivered in the next City Life EP
    if it is of similiar quality as GTW & DO was, then, no thanks i prefer still very much TS3 & TS2

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would be okay with just having the Sims 2 way back with cars that come and pick my sims up. I loved that the ride would be cooler with every promotion
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    You want more rabbit holes? Really?

there are rabbit holes in TS4 too, didn't you notice ?
    maybe it was just a very clever move to not include a particular building as a rabbit hole & just to remove the whole thing completely out of sight & let the player just have some adjustments menue, very clever :grimace:

there are only two differences between TS3's rabbit holes & TS4's rabbit holes
    1. in TS3 the sim has to actually move through the city io to get there
    while in TS4 the sim just disappears from the boardwalk in front of the own home

2. in TS3 the building is actually placed in the city
    while in TS4 the player is allowed to imagine the building where the sim works somewhere in an unknown nowhere

This is a TS4 rabbit hole is it not?

12891133_1726235877659097_3495803193910390717_o.jpg
    Yep, you know some people have selective sight.

It is not a bad rabbit hole really. Reminds me of the 'restrooms' at Disney Land :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment if we have any expectations that ts4 will be influenced by what players want? Is there a long list of evidence that players are influencing any content thus far in this iteration of the franchise that I don't know about? I've seen some free content added to an already lacking base game after an upswell of discontent... content that felt like it was thrown out hush us up for a bit. The packs seem to be a meandering mishmash. The new rule for EA's stance with Sim players seems to be silence or deflection. They don't seem to want to meet us halfway with their goals or our goals for the game's future.

So true. And they also finger point and lay blame at the players feet. smh Sad really.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    My list is a bit different:

1. Options for sim culling, population cap, relationship culling, inactive household relationship decay, and inactive household relationship generation. (It's a pain to have to use mods to deal with this stuff, and that half-behind, discount bin, dollar store version of story progression the game has is not making anyone happy.)

2. Create-A-World. (Because, come on, having to hand purge all of the pre-made sims and lots and reserve one whole save as a blank world template is, again, a pain in the butt.)

3. More non-object interactions between kids. (Kids don't need constant adult supervision anymore, which I like, but if you have the base game all they can do together is talk, swim, or play chess. Can we get a game of tag here or something?)

4. Just give us rain and cloudy days in the base game. Please.

5. Unnatural hair colors for Child sims. (I am so TIRED of my odd-haired sims having normal-haired kids! Fix it, a'ready! Jeeze!)

6. Fix the memory system to make it functional again! (A jumble consisting of my entire screenshots folder and memories that are tied down to one pre-determined emotion selected by the game itself is a serious downgrade from what it was before the update.)

7. Witches, werewolves, vampires...we need the magic back, guys! (and don't make the werewolves look like bad makeup effects from a low-budget kids' T.V. show this time, 'kay? Classic wolfman or full-on manbeast, please.)

8. Firefighters, cops, and burglars. We need them. Like, launch day.

9. Stop spreading the townies so thinly in public venues! (I go to the club, there's, like, five sims beside my own. I bring another household over, then switch back, they all leave until the place is down to the same paltry number of sims again. Meanwhile, where are the other sims that are supposedly on location? Wandering around everywhere BUT the club! WTH?! How are my sims supposed to mingle in a practically empty club? [I mean, seriously, no wonder they build most of their pre-made venues so crowded and with so little floor space!] Again, having to use mods to fix this is a pain.)

10. Just tell us if there is a glitch or bug related to the number of sim relationships per save instead of secretly slipping increasingly weird and invasive culling tactics into our games for "performance reasons." (General Motors tried to cover up a serious flaw in their products too, and look at all of the trouble they got into when it came out...)

That's just ten little things I'd like to see addressed, added, or fixed. I'm cool with the Crib Babies because it's better than them ending up on the floor, I don't mind the missing Toddlers because they weren't much fun as playable sims in TS2...but everyone's got their limits.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    jusMeh wrote: »

We don't have anything now. Rabbit Holes are much better than vanishing.
    Still it is very understandable that they omitted rabbit holes after reading all those threads in the Sims 3 forum from people who just hated rabbit holes and became angry every time they saw one ;)

Why is that understandable when they don't listen to any other feedback? LOL
    Because it doesn't cost them a bit to omit the rabbit holes - while it would cost them a huge fortune to give people free toddlers like so many greedily demands ;)
    As you call people greedy, some can say the company is stingy and it is not greedy to ask for something that should have been included.
    By which law?
    The problem is that people think that they have a right to have whatever they expected to have in the game and that if it wasn't included they think that EA should be forced to give it to them for free. But the game belongs to EA and EA can actually do with it whatever EA wants. No law says otherwise. So to say that EA should be forced to give us toddlers for free is IMO both greedy and completely unrealistic.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    WillowG145 wrote: »

We don't have anything now. Rabbit Holes are much better than vanishing.
    Still it is very understandable that they omitted rabbit holes after reading all those threads in the Sims 3 forum from people who just hated rabbit holes and became angry every time they saw one ;)

The solution was not make them rabbit holes, but make those structures complete and make semi active careers/funcions. That was actually what I was expectiong as evolution for the sims 4, instead of having vanishing even worse than the sims 2 (at least cars appeared to take the sims at work/school :/ )

No one ever said to take away all that make a town. plus, at least with rabbit holes we had more careers, now there is very little.
    They didn't write that in the Sims 3 forum. Instead they just wrote thousands of messages about how much they hated rabbit holes and complained about new rabbit holes which were useless and just took up space in the worlds.

I know that it wasn't people's intention that EA should just omit rabbit holes without giving us something else instead. But people actually very rarely wrote that. The developers couldn't open them up instead which people most likely wanted. So the developers just omitted the rabbit holes instead to avoid more complaints.
  • Julie2100Julie2100 Posts: 13 New Member
    At least it was something
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    There's a problem right away with this thread, and that's the title. What "we" want. You can't speak for everyone. Not everyone feels the same way. Not happy with the game? That's fine, but there are plenty who are and you're insinuating their views don't matter or are wrong because it's not of the same opinion as you. You cannot speak for everyone.

Now onto this "Things wrong with the game" list...
    -It IS a life simulator. It simulates life. Babies turning into children doesn't change that. It's just not realistic.. which leads to the next issue.
    -Unrealistic you say? I'm not sure unicorns, plantsims, vampires, skeleton maids, aliens, ghosts, robots, time travel etc is very realistic...
    -The Sims 1 is a life simulator, it didn't have ownable cars. (Heck, it didn't have toddlers, teens, elders, or aging for that matter..) The Sims 2 is a life simulator, the base game doesn't have ownable cars.
    -Boring? Well that IS your opinion and if you don't enjoy the game, that's fine, but remember, it's not a fact. However, that cycle you mention is exactly what happens in the Sims 3, so I don't understand the complaint in that.

And, I'm sorry, but open worlds and CASt aren't going to happen. The devs have repeatedly said no about them. Those are the two features they've been completely straight forward in answering. The game was not built to have those features, they were intentionally left out.

Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment if we have any expectations that ts4 will be influenced by what players want? Is there a long list of evidence that players are influencing any content thus far in this iteration of the franchise that I don't know about? I've seen some free content added to an already lacking base game after an upswell of discontent... content that felt like it was thrown out hush us up for a bit. The packs seem to be a meandering mishmash. The new rule for EA's stance with Sim players seems to be silence or deflection. They don't seem to want to meet us halfway with their goals or our goals for the game's future.

People wanted more space, we got Newcrest. People wanted more stuff for kids, we got kids stuff. People wanted restaurants, we got dine out. Nannies? Check. Gardeners? Check. Mechanics? Check. Heck, the huge gender update has been wanted for ages. Open for business has been begged for since the sims 3 first released, and we got Get To Work. Active careers? Again, something that has always been asked for. It's quite obvious they do listen actually.

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Personality is pretty big for me Right now.

Mainly Talking Favorites - it was something I was really looking forward too playing with at the get go. Because it would really blend with emotions, Sims would react differently to different things, and it can work as great bonding if you have common interests.

I think it's also High time we got a New Emotion called Afraid, and Terrified (Scared to Death) and the Ghost version who Died in fear is a master in the art of Haunting and bringing fright.

And how I would like fear to work, instead of choosing traits in CAS or something. Sims gain fear traits by experiencing things throughout the game. plus depending on how traits are I don't think its worth a trait slot.

Like a sim may become Hydrophobic if they survived a drowning.
    a Sim might become a Vegetarian/Vegan after being eaten and thrown up by a cowplant.
    there are plenty of fears. and it could be fun. Like if you conquer 5 Fears your sim will Gain the Brave trait. However if your rack up 7 or more fears your sim will be branded a coward and your chances at becoming brave becomes more difficult

Perspectives, Kind of goes with Fears.
    It really bugged me in the Sims 3 if your sim was a supernatural fan sure they'd be excited to see a supernatural. But when receiving a Good luck Charm from a witch, sims still reacted scared being put under a spell even when it was a good spell.

So I think sims should react accordingly from Perspective and Experience

and it's for every life state, why just be a Supernatural Enthusiast/Pessimist? What about Humans enthusiast/Pessimist? We're pretty scary and not favorable to other species and other Humans.
    A sims perspective can change Upon many things.

What you watch on TV or read in books.
    Scifi - How you view Aliens/Robots
    News - How You lose faith in Humans
    Fantasy/Supernatural - How you view Supernaturals

or it can change by actually encountering the Life State themselves.

Somewhere in the midst of all this I would like Seasons.
    Not a fan of Eternal Summers either.

and also in the midst of all this I need supernaturals, It's the main reason I'm here. I need it for my family play. and actually get my stories rolling.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    I'd like it to where loading screens were per neighbourhood, so you could go to your neighbors house without loading screen, but if you want to go to another neighborhood, you would need a loading screen :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Julie2100 wrote: »
    It sad how many things are missing from the game! I remember everyone complaining about rabbit holes, looking bad on it they were a lot better than nothing! The whole phone cover thing was a waste in my opinion, why can't you actually read what we want. If any gurus actually read this il be shocked. Comment what you think should be added. Until this is fixed I'm not wasting my money on expansion packs that il only be buying for hair and clothes due to the fact that the base game has NOTHING which is very disappointing. The sims franchise used to be better than this. As long as the game is as boring as it is now I will continue playing the sims 2 and 3.
    If these were added I feel that the game would be much better than it is now.
    On second thought anything is better than it is now.
    What needs to be in the game:
    -Bikes
    -Toddlers
    -Pre Teens
    -Cars
    -Sports
    -Rabbit holes
    -Design tool
    -Cribs
    -Changing Tables
    -Walkers
    -Pets
    -Seasons
    -Better worlds
    -Terrain Tools
    -A school bus (at the least)
    -Story Progression
    -A larger number of sims per household, its sad that I can't play the game how id like without using the 16 sims mod.

*ADD IN WHAT YOU THINK IS MISSING IN A COMMENT BELOW*

Things wrong with the game:
    -Babies just pop in to children! I thought this was a life simulator...
    -The whole monster under the bed thing is the most annoying thing ever.
    -Babies are objects. You can't take them anywhere or set them down ect.
    -Nothing to do in game.
    -Unrealistic
    -No cars, what kind of life simulator doesn't have cars? Im sorry but that was a dumb move.
    -Maps are awful. Why can't we just have an open world?
    -Hair is inanimate
    -Boring. Your sims get a job, you build a house, they have kids, they raise the kids, the kids go to school, you wait for them to get back, the parents get home from work, ect. Then the cycle repeats with the next generation. You can't send them to college, you can't enroll them in a private school, you can't bathe your child like in real life.

I do love the sims 2 and 3 and have been playing since I was 7 years old, however I'm deeply disappointed that you wasted your funds for the sims 4 on "emotions" instead of things we as players wanted.

Cars are a big one for me. I want them bad.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Julie2100 wrote: »
    It sad how many things are missing from the game! I remember everyone complaining about rabbit holes, looking bad on it they were a lot better than nothing! The whole phone cover thing was a waste in my opinion, why can't you actually read what we want. If any gurus actually read this il be shocked. Comment what you think should be added. Until this is fixed I'm not wasting my money on expansion packs that il only be buying for hair and clothes due to the fact that the base game has NOTHING which is very disappointing. The sims franchise used to be better than this. As long as the game is as boring as it is now I will continue playing the sims 2 and 3.
    If these were added I feel that the game would be much better than it is now.
    On second thought anything is better than it is now.
    What needs to be in the game:
    -Bikes
    -Toddlers
    -Pre Teens
    -Cars
    -Sports
    -Rabbit holes
    -Design tool
    -Cribs
    -Changing Tables
    -Walkers
    -Pets
    -Seasons
    -Better worlds
    -Terrain Tools
    -A school bus (at the least)
    -Story Progression
    -A larger number of sims per household, its sad that I can't play the game how id like without using the 16 sims mod.

*ADD IN WHAT YOU THINK IS MISSING IN A COMMENT BELOW*

Things wrong with the game:
    -Babies just pop in to children! I thought this was a life simulator...
    -The whole monster under the bed thing is the most annoying thing ever.
    -Babies are objects. You can't take them anywhere or set them down ect.
    -Nothing to do in game.
    -Unrealistic
    -No cars, what kind of life simulator doesn't have cars? Im sorry but that was a dumb move.
    -Maps are awful. Why can't we just have an open world?
    -Hair is inanimate
    -Boring. Your sims get a job, you build a house, they have kids, they raise the kids, the kids go to school, you wait for them to get back, the parents get home from work, ect. Then the cycle repeats with the next generation. You can't send them to college, you can't enroll them in a private school, you can't bathe your child like in real life.

I do love the sims 2 and 3 and have been playing since I was 7 years old, however I'm deeply disappointed that you wasted your funds for the sims 4 on "emotions" instead of things we as players wanted.

I want most of these things too, except Story Progression - I already have that with the MC Commander mod from Mod the Sims. But I also want new things too.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Julie2100Julie2100 Posts: 13 New Member
    There's a problem right away with this thread, and that's the title. What "we" want. You can't speak for everyone. Not everyone feels the same way. Not happy with the game? That's fine, but there are plenty who are and you're insinuating their views don't matter or are wrong because it's not of the same opinion as you. You cannot speak for everyone.

Now onto this "Things wrong with the game" list...
    -It IS a life simulator. It simulates life. Babies turning into children doesn't change that. It's just not realistic.. which leads to the next issue.
    -Unrealistic you say? I'm not sure unicorns, plantsims, vampires, skeleton maids, aliens, ghosts, robots, time travel etc is very realistic...
    -The Sims 1 is a life simulator, it didn't have ownable cars. (Heck, it didn't have toddlers, teens, elders, or aging for that matter..) The Sims 2 is a life simulator, the base game doesn't have ownable cars.
    -Boring? Well that IS your opinion and if you don't enjoy the game, that's fine, but remember, it's not a fact. However, that cycle you mention is exactly what happens in the Sims 3, so I don't understand the complaint in that.

And, I'm sorry, but open worlds and CASt aren't going to happen. The devs have repeatedly said no about them. Those are the two features they've been completely straight forward in answering. The game was not built to have those features, they were intentionally left out.

People wanted more space, we got Newcrest. People wanted more stuff for kids, we got kids stuff. People wanted restaurants, we got dine out. Nannies? Check. Gardeners? Check. Mechanics? Check. Heck, the huge gender update has been wanted for ages. Open for business has been begged for since the sims 3 first released, and we got Get To Work. Active careers? Again, something that has always been asked for. It's quite obvious they do listen actually.
    Well this thread quite obviously by the title isn't for those who like the game as is. We should have to pay a bazillion dollars for things that should have already been in the game, now I'm not saying seasons shouldn't be an expansion ect. thats asking for to much, I'm saying that toddlers should have already been included already ect. Yes the sims 1 didn't have aging, the franchise has progressed, instead of taking things that we loved (most of us) out of the game I'm saying maybe they should focus more on the majority.