Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a Guru - Game Development Edition

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I'm reopening the thread to allow for more questions while the SimGurus I have pinged work on answering them :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    Hey guys are you bringing anymore NPC's into the game, I would love to see burgles, Firemen, Social Bunny etc, make a return into the game <3
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    How do genetics work in TS4? Like exactly how do they work? Are there recessive and dominant genes or is it random? Are you aware that babies are not coherent sometimes with the parents "dna"?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    How do genetics work in TS4? Like exactly how do they work? Are there recessive and dominant genes or is it random? Are you aware that babies are not coherent sometimes with the parents "dna"?

Awesome question! I've got two blue-eyed parents who keep having brown-eyed babies, it kind of annoys me. But their grandfather had brown eyes, so ... are genetics influenced by the grandparents as well, or is this just a fancy bug?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ok what is the Sims 4 Vision entails and what does you rule really mean? I really would like to know a little more on the vision so I could get a better understanding of the game.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    @SimTrippy wrote: »

Awesome question! I've got two blue-eyed parents who keep having brown-eyed babies, it kind of annoys me. But their grandfather had brown eyes, so ... are genetics influenced by the grandparents as well, or is this just a fancy bug?

If it was real life that wouldn't be possible, people with blue eyes don't have the gene for brown eyes because that's a dominant gene. Both parents have to have two recessive blue eye genes for them to have blue eyes. The contrary though, is possible, two parents with brown eyes having blue eyed or green eyed kids. Green eyes aren't 100% linear though as it's a mix of colour genes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • simondhaenesimondhaene Posts: 77 Member
    don't know if anyone have asked this but every sims game exist 5 year. Will the sims 4 exist 5 year to?
    or longer

sorry for my bad english:p
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited August 2016
    How much devs does The Sims 4 have versus how many devs did The Sims 3 have?

Probably can't answer this (as it's kind of a future content question, but not a The Sims 4 question lol), but will there ever be a The Sims 4 spin off, like The Sims Medieval that was The Sims 3 spin off and The Sims Stories for The Sims 2. Started let's playing spin offs recently and remembered just how much I've missed them :D
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited August 2016
    SimTrippy wrote: »

If it was real life that wouldn't be possible, people with blue eyes don't have brown eye gene because brown eyes are dominant. Both parents have to have two recessive blue eye genes for them to have blue eyes. The contrary though, is possible, two parents with brown eyes having blue eyed or green eyed kids. Green eyes aren't 100% linear as it's a mix of colour genes.

edited because my reading comprehension failed.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

If it was real life that wouldn't be possible, people with blue eyes don't have brown eye gene because brown eyes are dominant. Both parents have to have two recessive blue eye genes for them to have blue eyes. The contrary though, is possible, two parents with brown eyes having blue eyed or green eyed kids. Green eyes aren't 100% linear though as it's a mix of colour genes.

Ah thanks for that little explanation haha. I get things like that mixed up all the time. But alright, real biology aside, I'd still like to know if in sims biology this could be a thing ^^
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited August 2016
    Is it possible to use some of the same coding in this game as you used in other games of the sims? Why or why not? I was wondering this, as the sims 2 has so many good animations that the sims 4 could benefit from, like slow dancing that I thought if you could use some of those animations, would it be easier to implement them into the game?

I am also wondering for us simmers who have all the packs for the sims 1 and cannot install it on windows 10 will you be allowing us to have a digital download as you did for the sims 2 so that we can play it again. I would love to be able to play the games with my same sims in order 1,2,3,4. (if 3 plays OK for me that is. )
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2016
    Can you tell us why the customizable phone covers were cut from Get Together and then put in a patch for everyone?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SimGuruKimmiSimGuruKimmi Posts: 43 SimGuru
    Thank you for doing something like this so that we can have better communication!

For my question... Let's see...
    For people who work on art and/or modeling, where do you draw inspiration from for the CASsets that you create? Do you look through fashion magazines? Through pictures of clothing people have modeled related to that theme? Or do you just let them develop as you work, eventually finding something that sticks and build off of that?

Ooh! I like this one! I'd also like to know, are the concept artists inspired by recent trends or that of years past? :)

We try to stay on top of trends ;P but it really depends on the pack theme and what's the need. Also we want to make sure we have a variety of CAS assets so that way if you want to make a particular type of sim, you can. Like granny with the cat cardigan, or a teen wearing a tied tee (with a boat neckline) with a jeggings for example.

• InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    Is there going to be only 1 EP a Year?
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    Do you have an active Mac team working on the OS X/macOS version of Sims 4 or do you use a 3rd party?

We do the work for TS4 Mac internally.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Do you have an active Mac team working on the OS X/macOS version of Sims 4 or do you use a 3rd party?

We do the work for TS4 Mac internally.

Was the right answer - thanks for the clarification :)
    apple-signature.png
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Just wanted to say PLEASE allow us to assign family relationships when we're making our families. I'd love to start off a couple as married, or as brother and sister, but it's impossible. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top