Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Happy Saturday. :D

@mastressalita: Well, I'm hoping maybe I can schmooze my boss into giving me mornings, just because there will be a big problem with transportation otherwise. Yeah, it'll be a pain in the neck having to get up 2 hours earlier, but it would be better. On weekends, usually I'll binge on my video games since I don't get much chance to play like I want to, but sleep isn't half bad either.

@kittycatcali: Wow. Congratulations! :)

@mastressalita: I like the idea of making the pictures look older, since you really can't do anything with the Sims themselves. Now that you mention it, it really is true. They don't do the ages real justice.

@Lckygrl1975: I can honestly say I hear you. Of course, I haven't had a holiday yet, and from the way they're talking, I may not get holidays at all. >_<

@Jes2G: Hey there. :)
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    My story for the Short Story Challenges thread is completed for the month of August!

The Summer I Fell in Love - Nathan Zimmerman discovered a life-long love during a summer vacation at his grandmother's house. Written for the August 2016 Short Story Challenges theme "Summer Love."
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Greetings and Salutations @mastressalita, @SilentWolf101, @thesealofthesims, @RebornMonster, @lisabee, and @everyone else

After chatting with @eXokamikaze on Origin earlier, I decided to stop by to say 'Hello' and let give you all an update on how things are now going in my life.

Now that I've been getting more exercise, eating better, etc., my health is doing much better and I've lost some weight. I have more energy now and my head feels much lighter now that I'm not playing any online games. I've realized that most of my health issues over the past few years have been caused by inactivity due to spending too much time on my computer playing Sims and other games on Facebook. Due to the addictive nature of these games, returning to the game is not an option as I don't want to put myself back in the same situation. It's the same with drinking pop. Now that I've been off soda pop for over 3 years, I cannot even take one drink or my addiction to pop (Pepsi) would be back and not good for my health.

That said, I do miss everyone here and will try to visit more often. Please feel free to use any of my Sims from either Sims 3 or 4 in your stories and/or collaborations and Simself get togethers as it would be nice to know that my Sim self or Sims live on in your games.

I do have a new Facebook account under the name Jan Tedford and email address: jangraceted@gmail.com. I still have my Origin acct where we can chat as well.

Hugs to @All my friends,

Silver

@mastressalita: Will try to stop by the SimLit soon.
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited August 2016
    @SilverDaybreak Yay! I was wondering how you were doing. :) I'm really glad that you're doing better now. :)

EDIT: Also, as a side note... I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I was having a problem with my sims game and had to completely reinstall all my package files as there was a problem somewhere that Delphy's Dashboard wasn't picking up. :| I just finished that yesterday, but, due to at least half of my CC being in package format, major pieces of the previous version of Raelynn (Soon to be in Scarlett Teardrops) are now gone completely. So, I had to completely redesign her... O.O Now we have a new version of Raelynn. :) And, since my game is now working, I can actually update my stories! :D
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    @SilverDaybreak : Hi Silver! I'm glad you are feeling so well! Stop by anytime!

Ya, SimLit Chat is pretty dead these days. @Twiggy drops by on the weekends sometimes, and I always feel bad when I miss her due to the timezone difference because I nap a lot on the weekends (either from migraine or just from staying up late the night before because I didn't have to work and new I could make up sleep the next day, heh). I'm usually around in the evenings, which I know is atrocious times for those in Europe. Because it's so empty, I have a bad habit of even checking it anymore.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Hey guys! A little friendly side note, I have the entire next chapter of Scarlet Teardrops written out, and it would have been uploaded last night, but my family decided that it was time I spent time with my grandpa, and today and tomorrow I will be up in the mountains for my birthday (tomorrow) and unable to update. :( I hope to have it uploaded Monday afternoon, after I get out of school! <3 Have a great day everybody!
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I am hickjacking your lovely conversation . >:) as nobody introduce themselves .How do you do?

Hello as freshly member now and I am happy . I can finally keep in touch with the simlit community I fell into without really knowing it.Thank you my very friend Sara aka @mastressalita for making me conscious of I am a writter malgré moi. <3

I am a French simmer who will turn 28 at the end of September, yes I am a Libra . You can call me Miss V or keeping calling my nickname here.I am friendly ,hot-headed,good,hypersensitive,outdoor lover and sometimes rebellious as sims 3 traits.I felt in love with the private investigator carreer after playing a very simple gameplay to discover the sims 3 without very actions.I make an try on simblr but on December 2015 my saves became corrupted.I write since January the version 2 and I have a lot of fun with.I too much hide it :) I feel unconfortable with my abilities and still ,English I use is horrible,and I want to meet other passionate simmers with different kind of stories,[to chase the negativity around the sims 4 and the sims 3 in general people always says about it's awful, we don't deserve that] ,as I am with the sims 3 and the sims 2 I play occasionally , more now .No matter the game you play it doesn't matter for me as long as I can read and understand your great stories I am totally fine.English is not my native language and I don't speak everyday.I struggle a lot. I can write a book about me , I am not confortable about speaking about me face to people I don't know anymore.I always learnt a lot of stuffs reading the US official forums and I can't thank you enough for all the things you taught me. B)

Miss V is my simself and she had the same identity as me.Except she lives alone with her cat and a dog she adores , she is a witch and she has two friends Salomé a Genie and Viviane a Fairy, both spirits of the nature, she met through her adventures .She is a freelance private investigator because she is too young for studying all her life long yet,her real lifetime goal is to become a scientific.She only work on the field and this work helped her to meet people, to be devoted to the others as she's a Good sims, and to socialize.I talk about her different part of her life.I don't use custom poses for my story , I don't have any patience with and they are complicated, no hq too only cc and custom sims of mine.The city I play is sunset valley based I improuved.But to me it's sunset valley still.
    My story is a mix of let's play and imagination here at wordpress.My wordpress is also hosting my cc I shared as archive.

And there are some pictures.

v4xqww.jpg
    i66.tinypic.com/w1lxl.jpg
    2r6e97t.jpg

Thank you for reading me and Nice to meet you everyone !

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Yay, it's great to see you here, @Simsophonique ! *hugs*

And happy birthday @SilentWolf101 ! Hope you have a great day!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    edited August 2016
    @Simsophonique Welcome to the thread! :D Your simself is rather pretty. :) And lol, love your introduction "I am hijacking your conversation" XD
    @mastressalita Thank you for the birthday wishes! :D

Edit: And, as a side note, I FINALLY added a new chapter to Scarlet Teardrops! Hope you enjoy! :D
    https://mysims3stories30.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/1-01-the-hunt/
  • GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'll just edit this out...
    Post edited by Gernadia on
    Last night at the Hatch House.
    msg10_0_zpseiqqo8ag.jpg
    Booker has been focused on finishing up the rooms at Ann’s. She would like him to move in but he’s not quite ready to leave his brother’s and niece behind; especially with all the Haax drama going on. Ann is glad she kept the nursery room considering how often Julia is over; she and Dusty get along really well. Dusty will be aging up soon and Ann hopes he won’t be too rough with Julia – she also worries if Julia might be too rough with him once she ages up. For now she’s going to distract herself with her journalism career and finding more things for her boyfriend to do around the house until Booker agrees to move in.
    msg10_1_zpsjlps2rgj.jpg
    msg10_2_zpsuynk6thx.jpg
    msg10_3_zpsod6vi5lr.jpg
    msg10_4_zpszq6awzm6.jpg
    msg10_5_zps1tieajtj.jpg
    Bard decided he would like to ask Juana out; but first he decided to wish for a little more attractiveness – just be sure that this relationship wouldn’t fizzle like the other ones. Jauna didn’t think he needed to waste a wish but, since she didn’t have a choice, obliged. Bard was pretty freaked out by the whole process (I think the grant wish animation looks awful painful) and decided he wasn’t going to make her grant any more wishes – he wants to release the genie but Juana let him know it wasn’t as simple as just wishing it. So Bard started the necessary preparations and spent some time with Julia in the meantime.
    msg10_6_zpsc3m9rhfl.jpg
    msg10_7_zpsw6ruible.jpg
    msg10_8_zpslcuobn6r.jpg
    msg10_9_zpspqdsiwbm.jpg
    msg10_10_zpsxrazquan.jpg
    Brio has called and met with Haax a few times to assess her intentions about Julia; but Miss Ewi Bip doesn’t seem to have any interest in her daughter at all – only Brio. Haax has dislikes children and commitment issues traits, though she seems like she’s willing to overlook the later since every outing has become a date. Brio is understandably conflicted since there are pro’s and con’s to this situation. He’s been in love with Haax since the first abduction, it would be nice to have her around in case Julia ever has questions, and he doesn’t have to worry about her trying to take his daughter away. However, he loves Julia so much it’s hard to reconcile that anyone, especially her mother, could not be interested in her and he knows this issue may end up hurting his child. So for the time being he has told Haax that he will spend time with her once Julia starts school and they will decide from there.
    msg10_11_zpsubsr94uo.jpg
    msg10_12_zpsotmweubn.jpg
    msg10_13_zpsahxw9y0y.jpg
    Oh and Julia replaced her old bear with a new one she got from @msbeckycat
    msg10_14_zpsrb5qrjqm.jpg
    msg10_15_zpstnnax1qn.jpg
    These two just don't stop flirting with each other.
    I think I actually dropped into the wrong thread, so sorry guys, so much for multitasking!
    Gernadia wrote: »
    I think I actually dropped into the wrong thread, so sorry guys, so much for multitasking!

It's quite alright. :) You're free to hang out here in this thread and talk with us. :)
    @mastressalita : yes I
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    ahh zut ! I hit the enter key too early.How can I delete my message?
    @mastressalita : yes I am here thank you for the help you brought to me , I was completely lost when I was registred.It's thanks to you if I am here.
    @SilentWolf101 : Happy belated birthday ! I hope you had a big cake and a lot of goodies .Mine is soon too.Thank you for liking my simself, she is currently the second version of her, the previous one I did not like her,and she'll have got a new haircut and new warmer clothes because we are the first day of Fall in my game.Currently I do makeovers and I am caring of all my sims girls and I have a lot .
    @Gernadia : Yes a story with a relashionship with a human and an alien, so nice.I love to read the part you shared with us, that's a great story.It's so rare when aliens came in my town so I created one myself, he has a toddler too.There are not enough scientifics in my town.
    @Simsophonique : You can't completely delete a message (the Sim Gurus don't want people to have that power) but you can edit a message (for example, edit it and put *edited: message didn't post correctly* or something like that. To do so, if you hover the mouse in the right corner of your post a cogwheel icon will appear that says "Options." When you click on that, an option will appear to edit the text in your post. Then you can make corrections to the text if you need to!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    edited August 2016
    @Simsophonique : You can't completely delete a message (the Sim Gurus don't want people to have that power) but you can edit a message (for example, edit it and put *edited: message didn't post correctly* or something like that. To do so, if you hover the mouse in the right corner of your post a cogwheel icon will appear that says "Options." When you click on that, an option will appear to edit the text in your post. Then you can make corrections to the text if you need to!

great ! thank you for your explanation @mastressalita , I tested it with my previous post and it works.If I new this earlier I did not double posted.I hope the gurus won't ban me or be angry with me :'( for this mistake.Editing is a need for me.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Oh, wow, I think I've forgotten to check this thread for a while. Shame on me! I hope everyone's doing well!

@Simsophonique Welcome to the thread! It's great to have you here!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Also I've got a short interlude-thing that starts the second story arc of The Fey of Life! It's been one and a half years since the Monsoon/Farley family went through danger and tragedy. Things have started to get back on track, and new challenges in life lie ahead.

Chapter 23: One And a Half Years
    6q7cVvY.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Happy-Birthday-Banner-Birthday-Decorations-Premium-Quality-Birthday-Banner-by-Sterling-James-Party-Decorations-Birthday-Kids-0.jpg

The Stories and Legacies Index is now a year old! It was a year ago today that I first opened the Stories and Legacies Index, back on its original thread, which was closed on November 17th, 2015 when room for expansion became a pressing need, and its current thread has been its home since then! Back in September 2015, around only 25 were sites submitted to the index; now, a year later, there are over 300 sites listed! Thank you so much to all the amazing SimLit authors and YouTube Let's Players out there creating amazing Sim stories, that take the time to drop by and submit their works. Libraries cannot exist without books, and you guys are awesome for continuing to put out such amazing content! <3

Here are a few stats about the Stories and Legacies Index you may find interesting:

Original thread opened: August 30th, 2015
    Current thread opened: November 17th, 2015
    Stories and Legacies Archive opened: October 31st, 2015
    Reading Roundup opened: December 26th, 2015

Sign-ups (with referral): 212
    Sign-ups (without referral): 105
    Total Sign-ups in the Stories and Legacies Index: 317 (Weird coincidence? My birthday is 3/17 ... o_O )

Sign-ups currently in the Stories and Legacies Archive for being discontinued or on hiatus: 149

Total Sign-ups since opening: 466 (almost five-hundred!)

Total invitations to join that were declined: 87

First submission to the Stories and Legacies Index: @ValoisFulcanelli with The Madness of Mr. Goth on August 30th, 2015

And here is a break-down, of the 317 sites currently listed in the Stories and Legacies Index, as to what Sims games they feature and what hosts they are using!

The Sims: 2
    Sims 2: 13
    Sims 3: 152
    Sims 4: 181
    Sims Medieval: 1
    Sims Freeplay: 1

WordPress: 166
    Blogger: 65
    EA Forum: 29
    Tumblr: 19
    YouTube: 16
    Weebly: 12
    Other hosts: 9

As you can see, the SimLit community is still varied and strong! I truly hope the Stories and Legacies Index continues to be a valuable asset for many more years to come! If you are an author of SimLit or a creator of Let's Plays, and you haven't submitted your stories yet, I can think of no greater birthday gift to the index! Remember, the Stories and Legacies Index will continue to provide these services to all SimLit authors and LP content creators that submit their links to the index:
    • Your link will be listed in the largest single directory of Sim stories and Let's Plays hosted on the Sims forums, which attracts fans of SimLit and LPs for its ease of use to discover new series to read and watch;
    • Your updates will be featured at the Stories and Legacies Index automatically for up to a full month;
    • Attention will be brought to any new series, completed series, heir polls, awards, or other milestones you reach on the Stories and Legacies Index thread and Stories and Legacies Index Gateway thread;
    • Your series may be featured on my reader advisory column, Reading Roundup, which highlights different stories and Let's Plays listed with the Stories and Legacies Index;
    • The Stories and Legacies Index updates daily;
    • There is no minimum update requirement for listing! All series listed with the Stories and Legacies Index update on a variety of different schedules;
    • All stories and video Let's Plays, regardless of Sims game used or style/format, are welcome! It doesn't matter if you are a brand-new author or a seasoned writer! So feel free to submit any Sim stories you may have, including completed ones! And if you have any stories that are discontinued or currently on hiatus, those are still more than welcome at our sister thread, the Stories and Legacies Archive!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Oh, wow, I think I've forgotten to check this thread for a while. Shame on me! I hope everyone's doing well!

@Simsophonique Welcome to the thread! It's great to have you here!

Thank you for the warm welcome @RipuAncestor , I am glad to see you around too.

Happy birthday Stories and Legacies Index
    Hello! It's been a while. I've been trying to catch the plot. And after that was done I decided that I want some more character moments first. So here's the next chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango:

Chapter 22: A Place in the World
    xTO8y38.jpg

Tad ponders his journey and the world - big surprise. Sometimes it's the smallest sparks that light the biggest fires.

I hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
    @Simsophonique Thank you for the birthday wishes. :) While I did not get cake, I did get fudge and a huge cupcake. :D And I hope that you have fun dressing her up for Fall! :D
    @mastressalita Happy birthday, Legacies Index! The stats you posted (read them on the index) are phenomenal! :D
    @Simsophonique Thank you for the birthday wishes. :) While I did not get cake, I did get fudge and a huge cupcake. :D And I hope that you have fun dressing her up for Fall! :D
    @mastressalita Happy birthday, Legacies Index! The stats you posted (read them on the index) are phenomenal! :D

@SilentWolf101 I am still not decided of how I am going to dress her for fall I have so much pretty clothes and some even appears bad on cas due my poor graphics.For now she still kept her ripped denim short and her yellow top.Plus I barely finished to make makeovers on my young adult girls and they are legions in my game.I love making sims I have so much fun in CAS.
    Thank you for asking me it's so sweet.
    I never eat cupcakes :* it can be surprising and each time I tell this nobody hardly believe me and I even still don't what kind of cake is below the cream , sound like muffins, I know them I like ^^ but... and about the fudge it's a chocolat sauce right? I am reading the bilingual dictionnary and I have got two choices of translation I bet it's this.I don't think you got caramel alright !

@RipuAncestor I admire people like you who can take time to post the newest part , chapter of the story they write.It's very nice for people who wants to discover your story.Thank you !

@RipuAncestor I admire people like you who can take time to post the newest part , chapter of the story they write.It's very nice for people who wants to discover your story.Thank you !
    Thank you! It sometimes feels like a chore especially since timezones make me have to post late at night when I'd want to sleep. But it's worth it, I'd say. :)
    My Sims stories: