Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers Or No Toddlers? EA Please be kind to share

I know that there has been a lot of discussion lately on the way EA choose to communicate. My question is simple... are Toddlers coming or not? Why is it so hard to answer a simple yes or no question? Mind you, I have been playing Sims from the beginning. I dare to say that I miss Will Wright, the man was amazing. I will always be a Simmer, I will always love the game. It is part of my life, its part of me. As a family player I feel so sad that i cannot enjoy the game as I did enjoy the SIMS2 and SIMS3 ( and i did had a lot of issues with the SIMS3).
I remember spending hours on end playing, and god was I excited about SIMS4. 2 years later and here we are..... No toddlers, but worst than not having them is the silence.
Im so disappointed at the silence.
I am a family player and still I do respect if they decide not to bring Toddlers to SIMS4. But what I cannot stand anymore is dragging this issue for so long. I have to say that I have only played 148hours of sims 4. I do have the 2 expansions, I have dine out and I have 2 stuff packs. At this precise moment im considering buying the other 2 game packs and Backyard Stuff. I have had Origin window opened for 4 days and i have been going back and forward at the idea of buying them. Yes, I want to support the game, be a simmer with thousands of hours of gameplay, and be active in the sims community. I tried, I bought more content. Im still trying. But I need an answer in order to adjust my gameplay. In order to get excited with every new release. In order to be able to enjoy the game as is. I need some sort of closure, not an ongoing "we hear you" AKA "please shut up already".
I need to know!
If they are coming great, I will arrange my gameplay, get it all ready for toddlers and enjoy it to its full capacity. If they are not coming ok, I will rethink my gameplay style in order to fit a game with no toddlers. I believe that this is what family players want. We want to know if our gameplay style will be possible in this game, or if we should adjust styles or wait for SIMS5. I think that there is a big family player community within the Sims Community, and im sure that all we want is to love this game and play it with joy. We bought it because we love it. We didn't went out and spend our money just to have a reason to complain over and over again. I for one would be much happier spending time playing it than spending time writing this post. But here we are..... and I believe that the silence is not the answer.

Comments

• SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Greenondini, you have raised some excellent questions.

Let me give you a quick summary in regards to your questions: EA listens. And they hear what we are saying. Nothing further can or will be said in regards to missing toddlers, cars, vampires, actual gameplay, substance, or any other missing features, since everybody has signed an agreement aka, the Vow of Silence.

Sounds like a Simon and Garfunkel song, but it's much worse than that. Much, much worse.

Trivia: Did you know that every time we mention the word toddler, a Sim takes a selfie in TS4? Isn't that great? If that doesn't cheer you up, then I don't know if anything could cheer you up. Ever. ;)

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    We just have to interpret their silence and the fact that they have told us several times that making the game isn't a linear process because plans change many times while they are developing it. Their silence therefore must mean:
    1. They can't guarantee that toddlers ever will be made for TS4.
    2. They can't guarantee that toddlers won't be included in a future expansion.

So maybe they are making toddlers right now but don't know if they will finish them because other things could come up. Or maybe they are working on something else but also consider ideas for toddlers - ideas which could be used or not used later. (Personally I don't believe that they ever will release toddlers for TS4 - but that is only an opinion.)
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    @Greenondini " I dare to say that I miss Will Wright, the man was amazing." I so agree with this statement.... I wish he would come back and save the series... :smiley:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome to the forums, @Greenondini :smile:

I personally am waiting for TS5 as I think a fresh start could be great for the series! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg